• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'd rather be a Discussion Leader, I find being a Moderator quite difficult in some cases.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I heard that Shadowfire got modship, as did Frown. Are they from OTL?
Frown is from everywhere, a lot of user blogs, and like pool room and lighthouse, not tootally sure what he mods, Shadowfirex100 is defs from there, my buddy's friends have been a mod at some point or another, all of them :\

Chaco is from OTL ( he got modded before you though) I wish I remembered more of them, when I got back I saw so many red names, people that I used to play onlines with. it was crazy

Discussion leaders get **** on. I BELIEVE they have the same power as the IBWC, and a title that says "Discussion Leader" but that's it as far as abilities go, Mods can do quite a bit more than that. Super mods would be too much work, but being a mod would be good I think.

Oi KJ what do senators do? I've always wondered?

Senators are basically the commanders of Mods and SMods. They make us their slaves, literally.

Discussion leaders have the ability to sticky threads and change titles iirc, really not sure on that last one though.

Chaco is not a mod, he once was however.

Also, top tip.

Watch Shakugan no Shana, forget that it has a sequal.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I remember Chaco, he used to mod the OBD back in prob. April.
Still don't know why he was stripped of his authority :ohwell:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I don't think it is wise to talk about who has become a moderator and who hasn't outside of the Staffer Shack, KillerJawz. That is, if you are referring to anyone here who has become a moderator of SWF.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
These are like friends of mine though, I already knew shadow and frown both got modded. me and DTP were talking about it in PM's yesterday, but anyone else yeah I doubt it'd be wise to name drop anyoen else, I don't want to get you into trouble :(

I don't think it is wise to talk about who has become a moderator and who hasn't outside of the Staffer Shack, KillerJawz. That is, if you are referring to anyone here who has become a moderator of SWF.
I did not at any point mention names about being modded which are clearly not visible to the public. I mentioned Chaco, Shadowfire and Frown, all of which the general public can see. So please, read the conversation before you wave that flag.

LP and Cherry can clearly see that Frown and Shadowfire were modded, so there is absolutely no harm in mentioning that they were. I provided no information as to why they were modded at all.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I did not at any point mention names about being modded which are clearly not visible to the public. I mentioned Chaco, Shadowfire and Frown, all of which the general public can see. So please, read the conversation before you wave that flag.

LP and Cherry can clearly see that Frown and Shadowfire were modded, so there is absolutely no harm in mentioning that they were. I provided no information as to why they were modded at all.
Don't try to start something with me, young man! I am just trying to be cautious for your sake. :bee: Hehe. *hugs KillerJawz* :) I sowwy.

Don't try to start something with me, young man! I am just trying to be cautious for your sake. :bee: Hehe. *hugs KillerJawz* :) I sowwy.
I assure you, I am cautious enough to remain infractionless for two years solid, I won't be slipping up anytime soon.

I can't resist a good hug though ;___; *Hug*. I love you.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I assure you, I am cautious enough to remain infractionless for two years solid, I won't be slipping up anytime soon.

I can't resist a good hug though ;___; *Hug*. I love you.
Haha! Okay, cool beans.

Well, guys, today is my last day here in Fresno. I will have to go back to San Jose tomorrow, but I'll try to be as active as I can as I have been for the past two weeks. I won't have Wi-Fi, but that's OK, because I am going to be trying to use different characters in Brawl whenever I have the time to play. I'll still main Samus, though. And I hope my friend bought BlazBlue: Continuum Shift.

Now, for my Metroid timeline, here is what I have...

Dryn said:
My Metroid Timeline is set up in a particular manner. First, I have placed all of the Metroid games in order, i.e., in the order of the way the story goes, not the dates of when the games were first released. This is a very basic method for setting up the timeline, and is not open for interpretation. Second, I have taken the information from in-game sources and established the years in order. Third, I take what I have set up and layer them in-between the basic method.

The Basic Metroid Timeline

Metroid/Metroid: Zero Mission
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime: Hunters
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Metroid II: Return of Samus
Super Metroid
Metroid: Other M
Metroid Fusion

Data from Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

"Our chronicle begins nearly 1,500 years ago." (SkyTown Data - Creators)
"Several decades passed for the Chozo here at Elysia." (SkyTown Data - Gift)
"The first Elysian, built by Chozo hands, stepped out of the mechanicreche 1,450.82 years ago." (SkyTown Data - Gift)
"In the year 400 of Elysian reckoning, the time for our Chozo creators to leave had arrived." (SkyTown Data - Alone)
"By the year 600, we of Elysia are low on critical supplies and fuel." (SkyTown Data - Slumber)
"We endured their visions until finally, in year 1435, our automated defense systems were triggered." (SkyTown Data - Federation)
"As the years went by we aided the Aurora and our Federation allies in their research." (SkyTown Data - Aurora)
"It was approximately 5 months ago that our systems detected a meteor-like object collided with a planet in a nearby galaxy." (SkyTown Data - Loss)
"Months passed before we could uncover its origin—it had come through the wormhole from an incredibly distant planet." (SkyTown Data - Loss)
"One week after we had lost communication with the Aurora Unit, we witnessed the living planet strike again." (SkyTown Data - Phazon)
"The two weeks following the Seed's impact were disastrous." (SkyTown Data - Defeat)

Going Back in Time

• Year 1,450.82: Seven days ago, the Federation lost contact with Rundas and the Hunters.
  • Year 1,450.82: Rundas and the Hunters awaken 2 weeks earlier than Samus.
  • Year 1,450.82: Samus is in a coma for 1 month.
  • Year 1,450.82: Bryyo and Elysia were similarly attacked the same day.
  • Year 1,450.82: Samus and the Hunters stop the attempted pirate invasion of Norion.
  • Year 1,450.82: Seven days ago, all of the AUs were infected by an unknown virus.
  • Year 1,450.82: Four months ago the G.F.S. Valhalla goes missing while on a training mission in the Klar Nebula.
  • Year 1,435: The Elysians are awakened, and the Treaty of Elysia is established.
  • Year 1,435: The Elysians hibernated for 835 years up to this point.
  • Year 1,430: The birth of an organic super-computer called Aurora.
  • Year 600: The Elysians go into a state of hibernation.
  • Year 600: The Chozo left planet Elysia 200 years ago.
  • Year 400: The Chozo leave planet Elysia and head to Tallon IV.
  • Year ????: "A once-thought-lost satellite" delivers "information on a distant world."
  • Year ????: Elysian Satellites are sent out into space.
  • Year 1: The first Elysian is created.

What we have so far is accurate. There are still a number of gaps that have not yet been covered, however. We do not know what happened between Year 1 and Year 400 for the Chozo. We might never know, but that is fine. If the Chozo left planet Elysia in Year 400, then the Chozo were on Tallon IV for quite a long time before the Phazon meteor struck. The reason is because the duration of the Phazon meteor crashing into Tallon IV was "50 years." (Tallon IV Incident) If this is true, then we might be able to set up a year for the meteor strike. Considering that it is Year 1,450.82 during Corruption, it may mean that it was Year 1,400.82 when the Phazon meteor hit Tallon IV. Planet Aether would have been hit by the Phazon meteor as well.

Another thing that may be noted here is that the Luminoth probably encountered the Chozo when they were on planet Tallon IV. Read below.

''It is told that the Luminoth were not born of Aether, but of the stars. In the early days, we roamed the greatness of the void, bathing in the glorious light of a thousand stars. We met a vast number of enlightened minds... the N'Kren, the Ylla, and the Chozo among them. Each of them, we found, had claimed a homeworld and formed a deep bond with it. In time, we decided to do the same.'' (Luminoth Lore - Origins)

What you will notice here is that the Luminoth who wrote this said that "the N'Kren, the Ylla, and the Chozo among them [...] had claimed a homeworld and formed a deep bond with it." This would mean that the Luminoth met the Chozo on Tallon IV. After this, it took the Luminoth "a many great cycle" to find planet Aether. (Luminoth Lore - Our Heritage) Cycles cannot be precisely determined in the Metroid Universe because it is subject to the context. The word "cycle" comes from the Greek, κυκλος (kuklus), which means "circle, wheel, any circular body, circular motion, cycle of events." Whether one uses "cycle" in the Metroid Universe or even in reality, the word will always be subjective.

However, according to the Metroid Prime Trilogy History brochure that came with the Metroid Prime Trilogy game, it says that the events between Metroid/Metroid: Zero Mission and Metroid Prime is three years. It is something I would rather prefer going with instead of trying to figure out how long a cycle is.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Dude, just find a girl worth fighting for ;)

And I'm intimidated by that Samus timeline lol, I've got to get around to playing these games sometime

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Dude, just find a girl worth fighting for ;)

And I'm intimidated by that Samus timeline lol, I've got to get around to playing these games sometime
Easier said that done. Resident man ****
<--------
I am getting a sing for my wall that is from my work palce and it says "Previously Viewed Enjoyed"

and I will put my conquests below that sign which shall be in my closet!

LiteTheIronMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LiteTheIronMan
Haha! Okay, cool beans.

Well, guys, today is my last day here in Fresno. I will have to go back to San Jose tomorrow, but I'll try to be as active as I can as I have been for the past two weeks. I won't have Wi-Fi, but that's OK, because I am going to be trying to use different characters in Brawl whenever I have the time to play. I'll still main Samus, though. And I hope my friend bought BlazBlue: Continuum Shift.

Now, for my Metroid timeline, here is what I have...
These timelines intrigue me, mainly because I want to know where the dates/years are pulled from.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
Metroid is easily the most in-depth and deep series Nintendo has. Lots of mysterious history questions and the true origin of it all.

Something i think is funny as i am sure you all know. Samus was made female by a very small chance. What would you guys think of if it never happened and Samus was indeed a man instead of the extremely sexy bounty hunter we know and love?

Something i think is funny as i am sure you all know. Samus was made female by a very small chance. What would you guys think of if it never happened and Samus was indeed a man instead of the extremely sexy bounty hunter we know and love?
I wouldn't think of it any differently. It would still be Samus. Sex appeal means nothing to me in video games.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't think of it any differently. It would still be Samus. Sex appeal means nothing to me in video games.
That's the funny thing about slight change in events that make eveything different. Right now, most people would think that Samus being a man would be wierd, but if it were like that from the start, then no one would think it weird.

Probably a better example is what if people had 4 arms naturally? People now would think it as weird or freakish, but if it was like that from teh beginning, people would think it weird to have only two arms.

I suppose I'm a exception to what you said. If someone had 4 arms, I wouldn't think of it as being weird or freakish, just different :/.

Out of interest, where do you all think Samus SHOULD be in the tier list? You don't have to give a reason, just say where, I'm curious as to what you all think.

I personally believe 3rd from the bottom.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Out of interest, where do you all think Samus SHOULD be in the tier list? You don't have to give a reason, just say where, I'm curious as to what you all think.

I personally believe 3rd from the bottom.
I'd say 4th. Capitan Flacon should be below her

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Captain Flacon?

Captain Flacon

Sounds like an S Tier.

Top Bottom