• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Roy Video Thread- UPDATED December 21,2007

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure I saw Neo post something just a couple days ago. I'll look for a link and put it up if I find it.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
masashi is worst than NEO, sry. Ken's Roy>>>Masashi

also, just because NEO posted doesn't mean he still plays lol

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
Hmm, I don't play like any of them, I have a different style, when Iuse Roy, after I get te opponent to about 80% ... I use ~ Dtilt > Fair > Uair > Fair > ........Counter ( for most people )

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace

Drak

Smash Rookie
Woo, I thought there wouldnt be any kind of videos I could study for roy since he is a malnurished character when it comes down to people using him seriously.

*Watches videos*

Thanks thread and thread creater :) Now I can get my roy up there.

Link226

Smash Ace
Neo really beat the **** out of rockcrock there with his fox. Rockcrock has a kick assfox....so i really believe that fight shows Neo and Roys true potential

Joeru

Smash Cadet
man wish MeLLiS would put up the vid Sk6 The Movie so I can show u fellow Roy PLayers
my battle against EK ^^
but ive got some vids up or 2 of my -50% (means that I didnt show my true potential but I aint that good)
but if u want tp see em thoe matches (low-qual. cuz of bad camera)
go to Youtube and search for kinochiwajoeru
look for the "Ying [Roy] vs Lumina [Fox]"
thats the best Roy vid up now ^^

Magnum Opus

Smash Journeyman
man wish MeLLiS would put up the vid Sk6 The Movie so I can show u fellow Roy PLayers
my battle against EK ^^
but ive got some vids up or 2 of my -50% (means that I didnt show my true potential but I aint that good)
but if u want tp see em thoe matches (low-qual. cuz of bad camera)
go to Youtube and search for kinochiwajoeru
or no? cuz it sdef not the best roy vid?

pal = kiddie version of smash

Neo really beat the **** out of rockcrock there with his fox. Rockcrock has a kick assfox....so i really believe that fight shows Neo and Roys true potential
its this flawed thinking that has been the bane of the roy forums since day 1

Joeru

Smash Cadet
I meant only if u wanted I suppose and think all Roy PLayers should Show up here show some vids and get help if theyre not good enough

and about that thing

"PAL = kiddie version of Smash"
ARE U OUT OF YOUR MIND!?!?!
PAL is the balanced version of the game FFS
unlike u ppl who Rely on maybe Marths Dair,(no offence but its true)
and Foxs ability to shine everyone (well almost)

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
That Fox was horrible. It used Up B as an attack, it spammed a few forward tilts, it rolled alot, etc...wow
And yes, your Roy isn't good.This thread is for good/decent Roy players that the lessers can learn from. I suggest you do that.
PAL is the balanced version of the game FFS
True, Sheik isn't as good, Fox is lighter
unlike u ppl who Rely on maybe Marths Dair,(no offence but its true)
No, we don't. We rely on his Fair, his dash, his grab range, his spacing, his edge guarding capabilties, and grab combos (aka the things that make him great). We rarely use Dair...wtf. Maybe for flashy combos when fooling around or for just plain apporiate times. Take a look at Ken or Neo...
and Foxs ability to shine everyone (well almost)
Only Fox noobs who are obessed with shine combos rely on the shine. Our best US Fox players don't (look at Mew2king, Ken, or KoreanDJ).
was that even neccesary ?
It was. You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

You don't seem to understand anything about our players (and even the game)...

Link226

Smash Ace
NEO quit smashbros and he's pretty "mean" online anyways The only tips he gives people are "Roy sucks, only I can use him", "Stop playing Roy, use Marth", and "Just swing your sword".

:(

true....hes sarcastic 99% of the time. But he did post some real advice the other day in some marth vs. roy thread tho. Wow he quit? Any proof? Whats his name on smashboards? En.Eh.Oh i think?

NJ'zFinest

Smash Ace
NEO plays smash, he just doesn't compete in huge tourneys. He mainly goes to Chu Dat's BiWeeklies.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
*bump*

People shouldn't forget about this thread. It shows Roy players who DON'T suck.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
What in the **** is this thread doing back in the abyss of eight months ago??

This really should be stickied.

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
Nice, the Roy community needed something like this. Too bad the Roy forums are already pretty much destroyed.

IsmashedYOURmom

Smash Apprentice
Dude seriously, Reed is probably teh best roy i've seen. I mean...NEO is good but I think Reed is ahead of NEO by a hair.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Dude seriously, Reed is probably teh best roy i've seen. I mean...NEO is good but I think Reed is ahead of NEO by a hair.
I love how people base things off of videos. Also, I love how people don't take note of the fact that NEO's Roy videos are pretty ancient now.

IsmashedYOURmom

Smash Apprentice
I love how people base things off of videos. Also, I love how people don't take note of the fact that NEO's Roy videos are pretty ancient now.
I love how ppl can't provide proof to make me eat my own words.

Seriously, get a NEO vid that shows that he's the best of roys. Otherwise i stand by my decision that I think Reed is the best.

technomancer

Smash Champion
What are you basing this on? Who is Reed?

I played Neo's Roy w/ Husband's Marth in team friendlies about a week and a half ago, you're going to have a hard time convincing me that it's not the best.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I love how ppl can't provide proof to make me eat my own words.

Seriously, get a NEO vid that shows that he's the best of roys. Otherwise i stand by my decision that I think Reed is the best.
umm...NEO's tournament results? The grand players that NEO has competed against? lmao Videos don't mean ****, or else DBR would be the best players in the world since they make cool videos that noobs (such as yourself) love to watch.

What was the last great thing Reed did? I haven't heard of him in any major tournaments :L

Anyways, I already stated that NEO's videos are very dated, I can't really find a video that would convince you with your ******** logic (judging players of videos).

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Sethlon gets alot of respecct from me. I saw ur good a while back but i havent seen anything recent. But of course continues being good. Is chained Fairs ur signature combo. U did it to caveman so many times.

TGM

Smash Lord
Sethlon is no doubt the 2nd best roy in the US. i hear neo is back into smash so he gets the #1 spot. If tgm says something.......................its fact

Top Bottom