• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Toad has always been fairly popular.

He has never fallen into the obscurity as he appears almost 100% of the time , even as a background character.

He is cute , small and likeable for young children.

Also , now that we are on Play Nintendo-

There's this gallery of the Princesses of Mario Kart 8

And of course Rosalina and Baby Rosalina are featured on it.

https://play.nintendo.com/activities/galleries/princesses-mario-kart-8/

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
So Rosalina IS a princess... I never expected that to be so, to be honest. I guess some of us were proven wrong. Rosalina just doesn't have the royal appearance, but if she was royalty, that means that her mother was the Queen of stars, her father would be king and her brother prince. Maybe she isn't actually a princess but is one in some kind of way, but her being a princess sounds a bit off to me. In my conclusion, I can only say that they called Rosalina and Baby Rosalina a princess so she would be matched among the other princesses. Or it's only a title held in the racing class. I don't know why I'm even pondering over this, I'm just gonna go with the flow. Call her anything you like, I'll refer to her as "Mother of the Lumas" or "Lady of the Shooting Stars". Heck, you can even call her witch. At least that's what the nerdy blue Toad in Galaxy 1 called her.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
This is the description of Rosalina when you see her flag in the Olympic games.

I like this description.
The question I'd like to be answered in canon is why Rosalina's watching over Mario's group before meeting them. Apart the fact they're Star Children (well, most of them), I don't see any consistant reason.

Char Seasalina Char Seasalina , yeah, this site kinda sucks for this mistake they made. When Rosalina's described, it's either with her status as protector of the Universe and all this stuff or by calling her "mysterious woman" (they did this in Galaxy 1's "miniguide" included in the disc box)

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I can't believe this.. Toad is SECOND?! I can't believe he's that popular despite Nintendo going crazy with Toad fever and shoving him in every single nook and cranny (I'm looking at you Color Splash).
Toad is a sort of like a side character, and he's one of my brother's favorite Mario character, so I don't have any complain about that.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
If you live in Europe, you can get the new Rosalina amiibo early.

I'm almost certain amiibo collectors (and maybe scalpers?) will just import the new amiibo from Europe to America. I live in the US and I remember a certain video game shop that had every amiibo near the front of the store. Some amiibo (like Rosalina & Luma) cost almost two to three times the regular price, it's crazy I tell you. I'm almost certain they have enough of the same amiibo in stock to sell and they are just inflating the price of certain ones to make them look rare / scarce. The fact that they have every amiibo makes me think that.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Since the icons in Mario Party 10 have been extracted i decided to make my own 2D version of Rosalina, following 2D Mario Art.

What a lovely result , Rosalina looks good smiling a bit.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There's a Sonic 25th Anniversary Birthday stream happening right now, from SEGA Joypolis.

When they were talking about the new Mario & Sonic game, they gave a shoutout to Rosalina as one of the highlighted new characters.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
There's a Sonic 25th Anniversary Birthday stream happening right now, from SEGA Joypolis.

When they were talking about the new Mario & Sonic game, they gave a shoutout to Rosalina as one of the highlighted new characters.

Of course they'd mention Rosalina, she's unique and amazingly popular. She's the grace in our stars, you'd have to live under a rock to not give a shout-out, right? Anyways, happy Sonic 25th Anniversary!

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Its funny because Rosalina's dress has been changing its shade of color when comparing Older games to newer ones.

In Mario Kart Wii , her dress is very pale like in Galaxy

Starting with Super Mario 3D World , its noticeably more green-ish , and so it is in Mario Kart 8.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Its funny because Rosalina's dress has been changing its shade of color when comparing Older games to newer ones.

In Mario Kart Wii , her dress is very pale like in Galaxy

Starting with Super Mario 3D World , its noticeably more green-ish , and so it is in Mario Kart 8.
I think it was a good design decision to saturate her dress color more. It looks more appealing imo and isn't as pale as it used to be.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I like it paler.

It looks more elegant and fitting for Rosalina as most of her colors are very light as opposed to saturated colors like the rest of the Mario cast.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I made an English Marth VA mod as well as my Mercedes Rose Rosalina one.

Marth is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal in Fire Emblem: Fates, which is where I took the voice clips from, and someone sent the video of the mod to Lowenthal himself, and he actually responded!

The only thing that could be better is getting recognised by a Sonic VA or one of Rosalina's VAs. :p

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Is Rosalina's dress not blue enough for you? Well, here's something that I did up yesterday...

View attachment 110840
Wait... You need to be careful there, because someone already uploaded a Dark Blue Rosalina's dress with an exception of a few changes from yours. I'm just saying to proceed modding with caution, here's the original Dark Blue one: http://gamebanana.com/skins/145918 I may be wrong, but who knows? Aside from that, it looks very neat and well done. I like the way you placed in specific instructions so we people who mods can do it much easier, some others really don't do that.

I like it paler.

It looks more elegant and fitting for Rosalina as most of her colors are very light as opposed to saturated colors like the rest of the Mario cast.
Then I suppose you'd prefer Rosalina's Super Mario series amiibo rather than her Smash one, like you said, it's more paler and that's what you like, I'm sure of. Honestly, I like Rosalina's pale outfit too but it seems a bit bland if we are going too pale. Having a little more blue in it gives it more feeling to it, and speaking of feelings. I happen to think all the time Rosalina was spending her days in loneliness in space before Mario meets her, she'd wear pale outfit. Now as she's joining more game, and expresses more emotions and is more happier, her clothings change from paler blue to saturated turqoise blue. Overall, it could just be the game's graphics and artwork style.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Yeah i think its the graphics upgrade that makes everything look so over saturated and shiny in the textures.

In MK7 , Rosalina,s dress is actually very greenish but the lighting effect makes it look paler than it actually is.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Wait... You need to be careful there, because someone already uploaded a Dark Blue Rosalina's dress with an exception of a few changes from yours. I'm just saying to proceed modding with caution, here's the original Dark Blue one: http://gamebanana.com/skins/145918 I may be wrong, but who knows? Aside from that, it looks very neat and well done. I like the way you placed in specific instructions so we people who mods can do it much easier, some others really don't do that.
The Rosalina recolor that you're talking about uses a darker shade of blue than my revision. The differences are quite noticeable if you look closely enough, and so far, no one has complained about it. My Shiny Charizard texture hack was trashed, because the hack was already submitted by someone else, and my revision was most likely considered to be inferior to what has already been uploaded as well. I'm actually quite surprised that only my Shiny Charizard hack got trashed, while my Shiny Lucario and Shiny Mewtwo texture hacks are still standing.

Anyway, the duplication offense can be a pain, since I was planning to do Flying Wario soon, but someone else already beat me to the punch with that texture hack. And I don't think the color differences for the buttons and shoes will be enough; my revision has white buttons and dark red shoes, much like with my Flying Wario hacks for Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, and Mario Sports Mix.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Heres a solution

Post some of your mods , and keep others to yourself

Voila!

Its kinda bull**** that people cannot do multiple stuff of the same mods , like nobody really controls if i want to do a texture hack of Fire Rosalina and then somebody casually wants to do it too , it just happens.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
But that's also one of the problems. People are keeping mods to themselves, or so I heard.
I've seen a good number of MMD models that have never been released to the public. And for the ones that are downloadable, they don't stay downloadable forever.

What I do know is that pretty much anyone can pull off model swaps, so doing something like replacing Bayonetta's model with Waluigi's model really isn't a tolerable submission.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I've seen a good number of MMD models that have never been released to the public. And for the ones that are downloadable, they don't stay downloadable forever.

What I do know is that pretty much anyone can pull off model swaps, so doing something like replacing Bayonetta's model with Waluigi's model really isn't a tolerable submission.
I find that mod hilarious, there's another model swap between Mac and Doc Louis and one replacing Ashley with Ness. I think that a model of Gymnast Rosalina would be on MMD soon. It's possible, and it'll take some time.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So Rosalina IS a princess... I never expected that to be so, to be honest. I guess some of us were proven wrong. Rosalina just doesn't have the royal appearance, but if she was royalty, that means that her mother was the Queen of stars, her father would be king and her brother prince. Maybe she isn't actually a princess but is one in some kind of way, but her being a princess sounds a bit off to me. In my conclusion, I can only say that they called Rosalina and Baby Rosalina a princess so she would be matched among the other princesses. Or it's only a title held in the racing class. I don't know why I'm even pondering over this, I'm just gonna go with the flow. Call her anything you like, I'll refer to her as "Mother of the Lumas" or "Lady of the Shooting Stars". Heck, you can even call her witch. At least that's what the nerdy blue Toad in Galaxy 1 called her.
Rosalina isn't a princess because:

1) Logically, by the word's literal definition, her role in the Mario universe simply does not match it. The best you could stretch is that she was one in a past universe but she clearly is not anymore. You could also say she is a princess in a figurative sense, in that people, especially the Lumas, adore her. But even then, Rosalina is a clear mother figure to the Lumas, calling her their princess cheapens that.

2) Nintendo's UK sites (especially Play Nintendo, which is aimed at small children and simplifies everything), commonly make mistakes. The UK Mario Kart 8 website referred to Rosalina (well, specifically Baby Rosalina) as a princess too, but the Japanese site, which has the exact same layout, did not.

The only times "official" sources have ever called Rosalina a princess are those UK sites, and Sakurai casually called her one in his design pitch for Smash 4 (though he obviously learned she wasn't one by the time he made the game because she's never referred to as one in-game. In fact, they specifically avoid it by using all sorts of other words to describe her).

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Rosalina isn't a princess because:

1) Logically, by the word's literal definition, her role in the Mario universe simply does not match it. The best you could stretch is that she was one in a past universe but she clearly is not anymore. You could also say she is a princess in a figurative sense, in that people, especially the Lumas, adore her. But even then, Rosalina is a clear mother figure to the Lumas, calling her their princess cheapens that.

2) Nintendo's UK sites (especially Play Nintendo, which is aimed at small children and simplifies everything), commonly make mistakes. The UK Mario Kart 8 website referred to Rosalina (well, specifically Baby Rosalina) as a princess too, but the Japanese site, which has the exact same layout, did not.

The only times "official" sources have ever called Rosalina a princess are those UK sites, and Sakurai casually called her one in his design pitch for Smash 4 (though he obviously learned she wasn't one by the time he made the game because she's never referred to as one in-game. In fact, they specifically avoid it by using all sorts of other words to describe her).
Thank you, I actually needed a recap on that. It left me wondering over what title Rosalina is to be referred to. I do try my best to not make people think that I think she is a princess, I know she's not. And your point on the past universe must've meant her concept, because that appearance before her final design striked to me as a princess also because she was originally related to Peach. I agree with that calling Rosalina a princess is cheapening, and it's not very much preferable in my taste. To be honest, I mind a bit when Rosalina gets referred to as a princess but it's just me. Just because Rosalina isn't a princess does not invalid her pairings with other princesses such as Peach and Daisy, right? They could just be the human Mario ladies. Things would be a bit different if she was a Princess, then the people would have to be the ones protecting her and she'd have guards and all that princess stuff, like Peach has Toads as guards and other royal attendants and etc. Rosalina is something more divine than just a princess, knowing she literally protects the cosmos and have powers that Peach and Daisy doesn't. Even so Rosalina is no princess, it wouldn't hurt to say she acts or dresses like one. What I really want to know is what she was, (while not being a Princess) before she encountered the first Luma.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Thank you, I actually needed a recap on that. It left me wondering over what title Rosalina is to be referred to. I do try my best to not make people think that I think she is a princess, I know she's not. And your point on the past universe must've meant her concept, because that appearance before her final design striked to me as a princess also because she was originally related to Peach. I agree with that calling Rosalina a princess is cheapening, and it's not very much preferable in my taste. To be honest, I mind a bit when Rosalina gets referred to as a princess but it's just me. Just because Rosalina isn't a princess does not invalid her pairings with other princesses such as Peach and Daisy, right? They could just be the human Mario ladies. Things would be a bit different if she was a Princess, then the people would have to be the ones protecting her and she'd have guards and all that princess stuff, like Peach has Toads as guards and other royal attendants and etc. Rosalina is something more divine than just a princess, knowing she literally protects the cosmos and have powers that Peach and Daisy doesn't. Even so Rosalina is no princess, it wouldn't hurt to say she acts or dresses like one. What I really want to know is what she was, (while not being a Princess) before she encountered the first Luma.
She really DOESN'T dress like a typical princess though.

Peach and Daisy where Victorian, Old English dresses. Especially noticeable with Smash Peach.

Rosalina's outfit is sort of a cross between a sleeping gown and a maternity gown.

As far as Rosalina's titles go, it's usually just:

-Watcher/Protector/Guardian of the Cosmos
-Mother of the Lumas
-"A mysterious woman"
-Keeper of the Comet Observatory
-The Cosmic Spirit (which literally means "god")

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
@Char Seasalina
To be honest Char , i dont see the big deal

People acting like Rosalina being a princess or not is actually relevant clearly need to check themselves.

It does not matter. I wonder if people actually read books and etc to actually see portrayal of Warrior Princesses and how strong they are ; guess no.

Princess or not , 1 thing is surely true. Rosalina is being bandwagoned nowdays with the common duo Peach-Daisy , who have always been together ever since the latter came back in Mario Tennis.

Before Rosalina was in her own side , like in Mario Kart Wii and 7 , now suddenly she is placed After Peach and Daisy like in Mario Kart 8 , which is 1 of the main reasons why people seem to assume all 3 are princesses , that and the obvious Crown is Rosies pretty big head.

Conclusion : Nobody really cares and nobody Needs to , but if you happen to care then proper research should be taken instead of assuming being from a royal place means you are dependent or ''weak''. I have seen in many other media , so it gets old already , not so much from here i guess , but from other places

What i find funny in this subject , is that this is yet another case of people constantly comparing Rosalina to Peach.

Im sooooo tired of it , even Nintendo does it all the time , same with Daisy ; Both are always compared to Peach , it gets so tiring because they are very different from one another.

I get tired of this subject because its so irrelevant when its transformed into a heavy subject , when its really not.

The Rosalina color change in her gown seemed more interesting than this.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
@Char Seasalina
To be honest Char , i dont see the big deal

People acting like Rosalina being a princess or not is actually relevant clearly need to check themselves.

It does not matter. I wonder if people actually read books and etc to actually see portrayal of Warrior Princesses and how strong they are ; guess no.

Princess or not , 1 thing is surely true. Rosalina is being bandwagoned nowdays with the common duo Peach-Daisy , who have always been together ever since the latter came back in Mario Tennis.

Before Rosalina was in her own side , like in Mario Kart Wii and 7 , now suddenly she is placed After Peach and Daisy like in Mario Kart 8 , which is 1 of the main reasons why people seem to assume all 3 are princesses , that and the obvious Crown is Rosies pretty big head.

Conclusion : Nobody really cares and nobody Needs to , but if you happen to care then proper research should be taken instead of assuming being from a royal place means you are dependent or ''weak''. I have seen in many other media , so it gets old already , not so much from here i guess , but from other places

What i find funny in this subject , is that this is yet another case of people constantly comparing Rosalina to Peach.

Im sooooo tired of it , even Nintendo does it all the time , same with Daisy ; Both are always compared to Peach , it gets so tiring because they are very different from one another.

I get tired of this subject because its so irrelevant when its transformed into a heavy subject , when its really not.

The Rosalina color change in her gown seemed more interesting than this.
Aw.. You're right, I made this into a big deal again... I'm just gonna go all out and say that Rosalina is a very powerful figure, not to be messed with and that she is the carer of the universe and can command the stars at will. And on the topic of clothes changing color and well, overall clothes...

She really DOESN'T dress like a typical princess though.

Peach and Daisy where Victorian, Old English dresses. Especially noticeable with Smash Peach.

Rosalina's outfit is sort of a cross between a sleeping gown and a maternity gown.

As far as Rosalina's titles go, it's usually just:

-Watcher/Protector/Guardian of the Cosmos
-Mother of the Lumas
-"A mysterious woman"
-Keeper of the Comet Observatory
-The Cosmic Spirit (which literally means "god")
These outfits are so fancy and adorable, as much as the models. Rosalina wears more of a sleeping gown since the maternity gown is what Elsa wears. To be blunt, every character is unique in their own ways each variation. Peach and Daisy has those panniers and hoopskirt that show how dignified they are while Rosalina on the other hands display a majestic position even in a nightgown. And Pauline wears what seems like a red carpet dress.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Aw.. You're right, I made this into a big deal again... I'm just gonna go all out and say that Rosalina is a very powerful figure, not to be messed with and that she is the carer of the universe and can command the stars at will. And on the topic of clothes changing color and well, overall clothes...

These outfits are so fancy and adorable, as much as the models. Rosalina wears more of a sleeping gown since the maternity gown is what Elsa wears. To be blunt, every character is unique in their own ways each variation. Peach and Daisy has those panniers and hoopskirt that show how dignified they are while Rosalina on the other hands display a majestic position even in a nightgown. And Pauline wears what seems like a red carpet dress.
No , im not saying you made it a big deal. My point is simply that its not worth to beat this dead horse because it doesnt really matter and people pretending that it actually does its just stupid as it can be.

Edit:

My voice was finally heard!

At last Rosalina's voice actress aka Laura Faye Smith is credited properly in the Olympic Games!

Last edited:

circuspig

Day Negative 92 Simon Main
Hey guys. I'm sorry if this is too off topic or whatever, but I just wanted to say that I asked a few Rosa questions in the QnA thread, and I'd really appreciate if someone helped me out. Only commenting because no one has posted in that thread for almost a month, and I'm kind of pressed for time atm. Thanks! <3

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I wonder who they're gonna credit for the next Mario Party game since it's just reused audio clips that are mixed..? By then the game gets released, the amiibos would too and I hope it's possible to use not only in Smash but other games like Mario Party 10 and Mario Maker. It's gonna be a while, so something really needs to happen this Summer.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
They are obviously going to credit Laura Faye Smith as they now fixed the mistake and know that Laura is the current voice actress and its staying. All the clips in Star Rush belong to Laura Faye Smith.

This issue was most likely caused because Smash used Kerri Kane , when they already gave the role of Rosalina to Laura Faye Smith in 2013. And Smash does indeed credit Kerri Kane , while games that feature Rosalina after Smash use Laura Faye Smith's voice they probably thought it was the same actress even though they knew they changed them in 2013 with 3D World.

Notice how all the mistakes credits of Mario Party 10 , Olympics 3DS and Ultra Smash Kerri as ''Kerry Kane'' , just like Smash Bros 4 does.

This is also Mario Party 10 fault , even thought they use recordings for Rosalina from Super Mario 3D World , a game that credits Laura Faye Smith clearly , they still managed to make the mistake somehow.

This has been fixed , as they now know that Laura Faye Smith is the current actress and not Kerri Kane , judging how they changed the 3DS version credits.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Oh, good. Because when I heard you said that the voice clips are being mixed, and from different games, I thought that one of them could be a different actress. I don't know every voice actress for each game, but what I know is that Mercede Rose voiced Rosalina for Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 and Mario Kart Wii. Kerri Kane voiced Rosalina for Smash and Mario Kart 7, I think? And Laura voiced the rest, right? That's the best I can tell. I'm glad you got the voice credits corrected, I don't know if any other gaming company credits their voice actors and actresses wrong, I'm sure some does.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Yeah. I think this needed to be done because one of the things i respect the most is when the work you do is recognized and therefore credited properly.

Laura did her job , and deserves to be creadited correctly and that's why they fixed this in the recent game .

In Mario Party Star Rush im hearing voice clips from Mario Party 10 and Mario Kart 8 mixed , and im guessing this trait is not exclusive to Rosalina . The fact that they mixed voice clips from 2 different takes means they know it's the same person , and so Rosalina has become more regular like other characters , such as Daisy who uses voice clips from different games in 1 game alone which can be done since Daisy has 1 long running voice actress , much like the rest of the Mario cast.

in fact , its been a while since Laura broke the chain as she is now the voice actress for Rosalina with the most roles and clips recorded that we have heard since 2013.

At this point no matter what , i admit that it's a bit weird to not to hear her as Rosalina since she has indeed sticked around for quite a while ; based on appearences , she has become THE ROSALINA , and as such she deserves her credits correctly.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
While I like all of Rosalina's voice actresses, I think Laura is objectively the best one because she's shown the most range.

I wish they still used the echo on her, and I was a bit iffy on her Mario Party 10 performance (though that wasn't her fault because the way that game used Rosalina in general was iffy to me), but objectively speaking, she's done the most different kinds of games, leading to more kinds of voice clips, and I think she has more actual lines than the other two as opposed to random yelps and grunts. I'll also admit she gives Rosalina a bit of a sexy, sassy edge for the multiplayer games like Mario Kart, which I think fits her really well and is a great way to expand on Rosalina's character.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Do you think by now Nintendo should make an announcment correcting their mistakes and properly credit the correct actress who voiced Rosalina over these games? I'm certain some people would've been fooled and thought it was Kerri Kane when it's actually Laura Faye Smith.

While I like all of Rosalina's voice actresses, I think Laura is objectively the best one because she's shown the most range.

I wish they still used the echo on her, and I was a bit iffy on her Mario Party 10 performance (though that wasn't her fault because the way that game used Rosalina in general was iffy to me), but objectively speaking, she's done the most different kinds of games, leading to more kinds of voice clips, and I think she has more actual lines than the other two as opposed to random yelps and grunts. I'll also admit she gives Rosalina a bit of a sexy, sassy edge for the multiplayer games like Mario Kart, which I think fits her really well and is a great way to expand on Rosalina's character.
But no one can beat the originals. Mercede Rose was the first person to voice Rosalina, but we'd wonder how that'll sound without the filter. Out of all the other characters, Rosalina sounds good with a deep voice still keeping the beauty of it's feminine sound. The voice that fits for Rosalina, and doesn't sound too much like anyone else, Rosalina would be a character that has a strong voice with beauty and allure. I agree with you on like all 3 actresses, I don't think they should be shamed because they made an effort of voicing the character with some good and some bad.

Rosalina sounding sassy doesn't exactly fit her well, but it does in some way if she wins. Like that side taunt is sassy for Rosalina in smash, then a sassy sound like "Mmm mmm" would work but most of her character traits shouldn't use too much sass in my opinion. I'm okay with sass, and I like it along with the amount being used but using too much of it kind of distrupts her motherly role in some kind of way. I think it's okay for her to be sassy in competitive game, especially Mario Strikers. But sexy does suit her well, because it just adds to her attractiveness and power. I wonder what accent Rosalina actually has, as in which country. Bayonetta has a british accent when she talks and Mario, of course, as an italian accent. Bowser makes lion sounds such as roar and growls. Rosalina has that accent you'd hear in a tunnel because of the echos, but what does she actually sound like? I know she has an american accent, but which state?

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Well , they will certainly not going to correct thecredits of Mario Party 10 etc as thats from the past . it was done and it stays.
But they will add credits properly in newer games from now on , see Rio Olympics Wii U version as the example.

And also , it's pretty much common sense that Mercedes is the one actress that has portrayed Rosalina the best. Not only by super popular opinion , but by the simple fact that her voice suits Rosalina's character descriptions perfectly

''Mysterious'' , ''Mystique'' , ''Cosmic'' , ''Protector'' , ''Keeper , ''Mother of the lumas''.

She was meant to be Rosalina and her performance is the most iconic for the character. Her deep beautiful voice standed out from all the higher pitched and cartoony voices of the rest of the Mario cast.

All these adjectives and stuff said in all Rosalina's character bios belong to Mercedes Rose , because her performance caught everybodys attention , its different , unique and its missed.

However , while she clearly is the best Rosalina out of the three candidates , this does not make Kerri Kane or Laura Faye Smith performances totally bad or unfitting , mostly being fair with Kerri Kane. Each deserve their credit where is due.

Kerri just added the ''fun'' to Mercedes performance , and Laura its just over doing it. Thats basically it.

For Kerri Kane , she just sounded younger and more lively , which was fine when we look back to 2011 Mario Kart 7.

For Laura Faye Smith , she sounds even younger than Kerri Kane , and sounds cuter , higher pitched and more fun and its not really serious , something that Kerri kept in her performance as seen in Smash 4 as the best example.

To each their own , but the Rosalina we see in these party games do not really represent the Galaxy Rosalina , because the Rosalina in the recent games is just having fun now that she is part of the regular Mario group.

Currently , im waiting for Galaxy 3 to see if Laura can balance her fun in party games with a more mature approach in a serious game.

Top Bottom