• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
its because of the artist artstyle.

The jaw is to pointy , making it seem masculine.

Sharper features > Manly or serious

Rounder features > Girly or innocent.

This sudtle changes make big differences in the outcome

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not seeing how she looks male there.

You can have females with sharper features, and Rosalina is one of them.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Be careful with what you're submitting onto GAMEBANANA. Duplicate hacks can be trashed without warning, which is especially true if your texture hacks involve Shiny Pokemon.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Be careful with what you're submitting onto GAMEBANANA. Duplicate hacks can be trashed without warning, which is especially true if your texture hacks involve Shiny Pokemon.
....OK?

I didn't upload any so this is coming out of nowhere.

Someone uploaded another Mercedes Rose Rosalina mod after mine so it's not for me to worry about.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I uploaded my own revision of Shiny Charizard the other day, and it recently got deleted, as someone else already made that texture hack before me.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Maybe because it was better?

I have seen more Rosalina voice mods in Gamebanana .

Some look way better than others , specially when they put various samples to see what we are downloading.

I guess everyone needs to be on their toes in that website?

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Anyone saw this Miiverse pic? Frankly to say Rosalina looks slightly like a male in this pic:
To go along with Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle 's reasoning with the picture, the hair looks out of place along the others outline, making it look like a wig instead of the actual hair. Also, the neck seems masculine because of it's texture for where a female's neck wouldn't be as strong as that. The chin is very pointy, where men usually have those features a bit more than women. (I know some women have masculine features, while men have some feminine figure, but I'm just pointing out the typical.)

....OK?

I didn't upload any so this is coming out of nowhere.

Someone uploaded another Mercedes Rose Rosalina mod after mine so it's not for me to worry about.
He was only warning you the dangers of submitting the mods, so I wouldn't necessarily say that it was coming out of nowhere. Whether you plan to submit it to GameBanana, you should be careful of the material you use. It can't hurt to look out for other modders, right?

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
She doesnt look literally male , but she does have features that are way to sharp and makes her look manly.

This isnt a problem , since its the artist artstyle though , so i dont have an issue with it.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't see anything that makes her look like a male, really.
Maybe it's because of her lips...
She doesnt look literally male , but she does have features that are way to sharp and makes her look manly.

This isnt a problem , since its the artist artstyle though , so i dont have an issue with it.
Me too minus it's sideways.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Is it just me or does a male looking like female bothers me more than female looking like male? It just urks me, I wonder how you guys would think so differently or the same.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
The more I look at the lines in the middle of the neck the more it looks like he's got a massive Adam's apple,

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
This is Rosalina's speech when she appears as a new challenger for her sport in Mario And Sonic At the Rio Olympics

Looks Like Rosalina takes Dancing With Clubs really serious.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is Rosalina's speech when she appears as a new challenger for her sport in Mario And Sonic At the Rio Olympics

Looks Like Rosalina takes Dancing With Clubs really serious.
"When it comes to the clubs, I am no slouch either".

Is that Rinkah in disguise?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Happy Summer for everywhere where it's summer now! I'm really ready for it to bring on the heat!

I remember I had post this pic a long time before. I really how this artist draws Rosalina. And make her ship with Shulk and make her preference to the little kid characters? I'm fine with that.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Man, I've missed out on a lot (again). Apparently my laptop broke (cracked screen, loose hinge, and severe damage internally), so I had to get it fixed (thank goodness it was covered by a warranty). Unfortunately, that process took forever and my hard drive was completely replaced. I'm so devastated that I lost all my data. I think I had about 700 gigabytes worth of data on it, almost 2 years of work and files. I did make a back-up, but that completely failed on me for some stupid reason. Now I gotta start from square one... This isn't the first time this has happened to me though (but it sucks). Still, I guess I'm glad to be back.

Anyways, I know that a new Rosalina amiibo was announced, but was anyone really that surprised? I mean some people, including myself, knew that it was coming because of the amiibo data within the NFC chip. It's a little weird but the SSB4 Rosalina amiibo was the first Rosalina amiibo to come out, yet it is technically listed as the second amiibo in it's line-up, meaning that there was always another one to be planned. It was kinda the same situation with the Squid Sister amiibo for Splatoon. People knew it was coming since December, but it wasn't announced til May IIRC.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I dont think it was relevant anymore considering that as long as 1 Rosalina amiibo actually existed at all , it was ok.

It's perfect that they finally released another one for the Super Mario Amiibo line , but i think we all know people in general were crazier about Daisy and Waluigi since those had none , and were also pleased by the Boo that can shine in the dark.

Waluigi Amiibo became best seller in amazon .

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Man, I've missed out on a lot (again). Apparently my laptop broke (cracked screen, loose hinge, and severe damage internally), so I had to get it fixed (thank goodness it was covered by a warranty). Unfortunately, that process took forever and my hard drive was completely replaced. I'm so devastated that I lost all my data. I think I had about 700 gigabytes worth of data on it, almost 2 years of work and files. I did make a back-up, but that completely failed on me for some stupid reason. Now I gotta start from square one... This isn't the first time this has happened to me though (but it sucks). Still, I guess I'm glad to be back.

Anyways, I know that a new Rosalina amiibo was announced, but was anyone really that surprised? I mean some people, including myself, knew that it was coming because of the amiibo data within the NFC chip. It's a little weird but the SSB4 Rosalina amiibo was the first Rosalina amiibo to come out, yet it is technically listed as the second amiibo in it's line-up, meaning that there was always another one to be planned. It was kinda the same situation with the Squid Sister amiibo for Splatoon. People knew it was coming since December, but it wasn't announced til May IIRC.
Welcome back!
I might get her second amiibo, but I will get Roy and Smash Bros diorama first.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I knew about the amiibo data and stuff, but it was taking them so long to announce one that I thought they cancelled it.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

How fortunate that your computer has warranty while I had to pay like $260 to get mines fixed, which is messed up. :urg:
Anyways, welcome back.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
////////////////////////////////////

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
How fortunate that your computer has warranty while I had to pay like $260 to get mines fixed, which is messed up. :urg:
Anyways, welcome back.
I remember last year November my laptop can connect to the Internet either by lan or Wifi, browser says no Internet, nothing works. So I have to go to the ASUS store to repair it. They said if it's the systems problem then it might need to reinstall. Glad that didn't happen. And since it was in warranty I only need to pay 300 NT$, about 10$US
I hate summer. So much.
In summer I can eat a lot of cool stuff,and go to the beach, so I like summer minus the heat.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
////////////////////////////////////

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I prefer cooler months like October or December. I just like the feeling of warming up only to realize that you are still cold.
And if you notice that pic Ike is eating watermelons, imagine eating a fresh cold watermelon in a hot sunny day...

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33

Yike, well, I hope your laptops goes better for you. I broke mine 5 times, so I know how it usually goes. And honestly, I can think that the reason that people were surprised is because they have more Rosalina in stocks, and the fans who couldn't get the Smash amiibos because of a certain someone, they now can for the Rosalina Mario Series amiibo. Either that or they're just fanboys who really like Rosalina. Not nessessarily fanboys, it could be people who really likes Rosalina, especially if they're excited for the new Mario Party Star Rush game.

I prefer cooler months like October or December. I just like the feeling of warming up only to realize that you are still cold.
I understand you, I mean, I don't like the heat of Summer either. But what I do like about it is no school, vacations and longer days. Basically, I can just relax, but unfortunately the same does not go for the other seasons.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
This is a really weird question, but do any you know if water destroys amiibo (as in, they won't work in sm4sh or any other games anymore)? A hornet came into my room, and I kinda went overboard with the bug spray..

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
This is a really weird question, but do any you know if water destroys amiibo (as in, they won't work in sm4sh or any other games anymore)? A hornet came into my room, and I kinda went overboard with the bug spray..
It depends on where you sprayed it. If you sprayed it on the character, I don't think it would break it considering countless of artist painting their amiibos. I don't know if it does break the amiibo or not, but I'd recommend you to test it out to see if it works. What I can say is that you should refrain from getting the base wet where the amiibo functions.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
My cousin gave me that amiiqo thing that let's me have any amiibo I want (kinda surprising he gave me that), but I rarely ever use it because it's so tedious swapping through different ones. I'd still rather buy amiibo that I really want, like the new Rosalina amiibo, Callie and Marie from Splatoon, and Bayonetta. I like having amiibo in the sense that they're tangible, physical objects because they look really nice and neat to hold. It just feels good to have the ones you want and to take care of your collection.

Last edited:
Top Bottom