• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
No , they say they will move at the same time

And they did , everytime the dice has to be rolled everybody rolls it instead of taking turns.

And no Rosalina's voice isnt filtered , but they did something i thought they wouldnt , which was mixing her MK8 clips with 3D World ones.

When Rosalina was recruited , she said ''Here We go!´´ like she does in MK8 when she gets a star.

And when she won a minigame she said All Right , like in MP10

Her jumping sounds are from MK8 when she throws an item.
Oh... I confused that for the cars mechanics, I though that when they say they move at the same time, I also thought of directions. I didn't see it in this way, thanks for the correction. I just hope that her voice aren't bad like some from MK8, meaning the screams and etc. So basically, Nintendo is just reusing voice clips from previous games and mixing them up in newer games.

ChikoLad ChikoLad Thank you too for the correction, I didn't saw your message. Sorry for the mistake!

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Ok so heres the Mario Party stream if anybody missed it or wants to rewatch.

Rosalina appears starting from 16:00

Couple of things i noticed is that she still keeps her 3D World 2D art even if others use other artwork ,and her Recruit icon is from her other 2D official art.

Both are used as icons.

And then theres the animations

I see some new animations , specially after she spins when she wins the King Boo Minigame her ending pose is different from MP10.

As far as voice clips go , this is all i hear

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0gEJgLURHqQ

And at the end of the King Boo Boss Battle someone goes Woohoo Oh Yeah.

Im not sure if its Peach or Rosalina , sadly and ironically.

And when she falls , i guess its a new clip , its not the one from 3D World or MP10.

It sounds Owwwwwww...

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Ok so heres the Mario Party stream if anybody missed it or wants to rewatch.

Rosalina appears starting from 16:00

Couple of things i noticed is that she still keeps her 3D World 2D art even if others use other artwork ,and her Recruit icon is from her other 2D official art.

Both are used as icons.

And then theres the animations

I see some new animations , specially after she spins when she wins the King Boo Minigame her ending pose is different from MP10.

As far as voice clips go , this is all i hear

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0gEJgLURHqQ

And at the end of the King Boo Boss Battle someone goes Woohoo Oh Yeah.

Im not sure if its Peach or Rosalina , sadly and ironically.
Oh please don't go on that again. I think we all understood your opinion about her voice when you repeated it for the umpteenth time.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah seriously

Rosalina's voice is gonna be drowned out by all of the Toad either way :p

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Oh please don't go on that again. I think we all understood your opinion about her voice when you repeated it for the umpteenth time.
Where am i going again?

Im posting the video and details about Rosalina so far. It was not really my intention to say anything else besides that to be quite honest , sorry if you took it that way.

If its for the Peach part , i honestly cannot tell who makes that sound.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I ain't a Shulk main but I have played his game before but I haven't finished it.
And I was thinking the same about the people who "main" Cloud. Did any of them even played Final Fantasy VII before?
Me too, I'm taking my time completing the side quests.
I can confidently say not much.
Hence the reason why Nintendo is such an epic failure as a company these days.
Call me a fanboy for saying this... but really bro? Nintendo is being kind of a **** last year and even not giving us big news at this year's E3, which sucks. But that's not enough to call Nintendo an "epic failure" company.

Has nobody pay attention to the new RPG game on the 3DS? It feels like Animal Crossing + Monster Hunter like game, which is kind of cool.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Call me a fanboy for saying this... but really bro? Nintendo is being kind of a **** last year and even not giving us big news at this year's E3, which sucks. But that's not enough to call Nintendo an "epic failure" company.
You done embarrassing yourself like this? Nintendo has absolutely done nothing to make things better for themselves and for the fans. They keep this **** up, then they will end up like SEGA and go third party.
Has nobody pay attention to the new RPG game on the 3DS? It feels like Animal Crossing + Monster Hunter like game, which is kind of cool.
I don't really care about that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You done embarrassing yourself like this? Nintendo has absolutely done nothing to make things better for themselves and for the fans. They keep this **** up, then they will end up like SEGA and go third party.

You say that like Nintendo going third party would be a bad thing.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

For now I don't want Nintendo to go third party, just look at Sony and Microsoft rush to release a more powerful and probably more expensive console. This could be a chance for Nintendo to make the NX more different than those consoles.
But honest to say, Nintendo definitely suck at this E3.

Okay… not quoting you on that anyway…it's a new IP afterall.
I don't hope that happens, for now.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
For now I don't want Nintendo to go third party, just look at Sony and Microsoft rush to release a more powerful and probably more expensive console. This could be a chance for Nintendo to make the NX more different than those consoles.
But honest to say, Nintendo definitely suck at this E3.

Okay… not quoting you on that anyway…it's a new IP afterall.
I'm pretty certain this PlayStation 4 Neo and XBox One "Scorpio" I've heard about will probably be far more superior than the NX if they're gonna have a console that powerful to attract more people (I know I'm one of them).
That depends on Nintendo themselves and the decisions they make.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Would the graphics be exactly like MP10 if it were to be released on the Wii U? Just a question I've had in mind just now. About Mario Party Star Rush, it's the first time Rosalina was actually playable in a Mario Party series on the 3DS! But the cool thing is that Mario Party Island Tour was the first game Rosalina debuted in the Mario Party series which was on a 3DS console. DID YOU GUYS HEAR THAT ROSALIN--- Oh, we're not speaking of this anymore? Aw.. I was in the mood, at least there's another game that Rosalina debuted in, so YAY!

And on the topic of Nintendo, even though they've made big mistakes, I still have trust in them. I will gladly continue to be their supporter, because I know that Nintendo is the company that made us all happy in our childhood. We don't have to despise them, but it's okay if we do. Feel what you feel about Nintendo, really... Their job is supposed to satify our needs.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Just to be clear , i will speak about whatever the **** i want to speak.

If i feel about speaking about Color Splash i will do

If i feel like speaking about abysmal Mario Party games i will do

if i feel like speaking about mother****ing Zelda i will do

And if i feel like speaking about terrible voice acting i will surely do that too

Goddess Gracious help us all.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Whenever I see some of those RPG titles, seeing bosses take so many hits and still live can really make you feel paranoid, as you can't tell how much HP your enemy has, and it can potentially deliver serious damage to your party as well.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm pretty certain this PlayStation 4 Neo and XBox One "Scorpio" I've heard about will probably be far more superior than the NX if they're gonna have a console that powerful to attract more people (I know I'm one of them).

That depends on Nintendo themselves and the decisions they make.
Playstation as long as there's games I want (Like Overwatch, FF XV and FF VII Remake) I may buy the console, but Xbox I'm not interested. Home consoles won't be long if it's just powerful console and with awesome graphics, since you can already have those with your PC.

That's right.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I wish he'd do more on stage but he IS nervous, but that was beautiful. His work can be seen here.
Okay, so we've got Galaxy Rosalina cosplayers so far, we have Smash cosplayers, Fire.. We need more like other Super Mario 3D World's power-ups, Rio (The one with sleeves.) and Tennis. And even Genderbents too!

EDIT: Cute Rosalina Fanart.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I recently got into Smash modding, and I created my first two mods already. One of them is a voice mod for Rosalina, that gives her Mercedes Rose voice clips!

If you're all set up for Smash modding and know how it works, then you can download the mod from here:

http://gamebanana.com/sounds/30892

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
So I recently got into Smash modding, and I created my first two mods already. One of them is a voice mod for Rosalina, that gives her Mercedes Rose voice clips!

If you're all set up for Smash modding and know how it works, then you can download the mod from here:

http://gamebanana.com/sounds/30892
Pretty neat! The clips sound a bit old for the sound quality of the game, but this doesn't seem out of place at all. Except perhaps her side taunt, but it's certainly because I'm more used to this laugh. Anyway, goodie job!

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Pretty neat! The clips sound a bit old for the sound quality of the game, but this doesn't seem out of place at all. Except perhaps her side taunt, but it's certainly because I'm more used to this laugh. Anyway, goodie job!
I agree. I gave the first like on the video btw.

Its important to notice that the clips may come out as sounding with lower quality because the clips from Mario Kart Wii default sample rate is 16000 hz , and smash has 32000 hz clips if i recall correctly.

If you compare a clip from Kerri Kane in MK7 and one from Smash , the quality difference is very noticeable , as MK7 also has sample rates of 16000 hz in the clips.

The only thing that i would be picky of with the mod however , is that to me , most of these clips dont really suit the actions.

Kerri Kane's screams when K.O are powerful , and im pretty sure Mercedes has some other clips that could work for that as well , like getting Blue Shelled in MKWii etc.

The Up B in the original is Hoooo! , and theres one clip in MKWii that matches that perfectly when Rosalina gets a boost.

But all in all its pretty much what it is , all right.

Now i would like to see Mario And Sonic Guy sound mod with Laura Faye Smith voice.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I kinda dislike the idea of giving Rosalina super exaggerated KO sounds and the like, so I purposefully gave her a non-chalant "oh I got KO'd, not a big deal" attitude with those, same for that one voice clip for her Smash attacks. I think it fits her character more. Like how Sakurai described her in that one Miiverse post.

I'm considering making my own Laura Faye Smith voice mod too, because I think the clips used in the existing ones are a bit over the top.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle : Actually, Smash Wii U sound clips have a sample rate of 48000 Hz, and for some characters, their voice clips are in sync with their expressions. As such, if you change those voice clips, the fighters can end up having their mouths hang open. This is especially true for Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Fox. Falco also has his animation issues if you change his voice clips, but they more have to do with his eye irises, instead of his mouth.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle : Actually, Smash Wii U sound clips have a sample rate of 48000 Hz, and for some characters, their voice clips are in sync with their expressions. As such, if you change those voice clips, the fighters can end up having their mouths hang open. This is especially true for Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Fox. Falco also has his animation issues if you change his voice clips, but they more have to do with his eye irises, instead of his mouth.
It also happens with Marth, as I made a mod for him that gives him his English VA from Fire Emblem: Fates, and it happens to me with that too.

Is there any known way to fix this?

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Interesting.

Well , what i was saying basically is that you can notice the difference in quality between 16000 hz and higher , so yeah.

For the issues , i must say that its truly a stretch , as changing sounds shouldnt be as messy but i guess this time around is harder than before.

Maybe it can be fixed if you use clips with the exact same lenght as the originals or shorter ?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
ChikoLad ChikoLad : I do need to warn you that when uploading any kind of sound hacks, you "need" to credit the people who made them. If you don't, they "will" be withheld by the staff.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
ChikoLad ChikoLad : I do need to warn you that when uploading any kind of sound hacks, you "need" to credit the people who made them. If you don't, they "will" be withheld by the staff.
Well I mean the voice files come from Nintendo games. So it's not like we know who made those, but I did list what games the clips came from.

As far as the making the nusbank files goes and getting those set up, that was all me and I credited myself. So I don't see the problem.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well I mean the voice files come from Nintendo games. So it's not like we know who made those, but I did list what games the clips came from.

As far as the making the nusbank files goes and getting those set up, that was all me and I credited myself. So I don't see the problem.
You need to look at the staff data for the games that you've taken the voice clips from. If you use Rosalina's voice clips from Super Mario Galaxy, you need to credit Mercedes Rose for them. Likewise, you need to credit Kenny James if you use any of Bowser's voice clips from Mario Kart Wii.

I'm telling you this now, because my own sound hacks have been withheld for failing to credit the original owners.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
You need to look at the staff data for the games that you've taken the voice clips from. If you use Rosalina's voice clips from Super Mario Galaxy, you need to credit Mercedes Rose for them. Likewise, you need to credit Kenny James if you use any of Bowser's voice clips in Mario Kart Wii.

Im sorry but thats a bit silly if you ask me.

Granted , everytime i have done a voice mod , i always make sure to add some words announced the voice actress , i.e Kerri Kane or Laura Faye Smith in my videos.

But yet that sounds silly. Not even Nintendo credits these people the way they deserve LOL!
Just how they keep calling Laura Faye Smith ''Kerry Kane''

Hilarious.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You need to look at the staff data for the games that you've taken the voice clips from. If you use Rosalina's voice clips from Super Mario Galaxy, you need to credit Mercedes Rose for them. Likewise, you need to credit Kenny James if you use any of Bowser's voice clips in Mario Kart Wii.
I mean the title of the mod literally says "Rosalina - Mercedes Rose VA" and I put it in the description too so I really don't see the problem.

Most mods I've seen don't actually go that far. You shouldn't have to, because these are uploaded under the Creative Commons License. I'm pretty sure the "Creators" section is meant for any Gamebanana users that were involved with the mod, as the site automatically suggests users as you type a creator name. In this case, I'm the only one who made the mod.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I actually fail to see the problem here though.

and anyway...

I kinda wiggled into this subject for some reason ; i have never done sound hacks in Smash 4 for the matter and i dont even know the site you are refering too , therefore this is not my area.

sooo yeah , all right.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
ChikoLad ChikoLad : Your own sound hack for Rosalina has been withheld by the staff. If you want the staff to unwithhold your sound hacks, please reference how I've credited the original authors for my sound hacks.

For a tip, the Key Author would be you as the redistributor, while the Original Authors are the people who made the voice clips. For music hacks, you need to credit the people and companies who arranged and composed the music.

You also need to change your submission status to "redistributor", as you do not own any of Rosalina's voice clips.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't really get that because to say I am the "redistributor" of a mod would imply that I didn't make the mod and that I am reuploading somebody else's mod. Which isn't true, I did make the mod. It uses voice files from a voice actor and it comes from a game, but crediting the voice actor and source games in the description and title should be enough for crediting where I got the sound clips from. It's extremely poor wording and it's really confusing.

I'll try change it but this is a real hassle and is really redundant since the correct people are credited in the description, which people are more likely to read, especially since there is a video embedded there to draw people's attention to that area.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
That gamebanana site looks like a mess.

People should be smart and share their stuff via dropbox and etc , to avoid this nonsense.

Im so tired of seeing garbage moderation and rules.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I mean the site has a pretty good interface and it's sort of the main place for uploading Smash mods right now. Uploading to Google Drive or something is fine, but it's harder to get your mods recognised that way. At least with putting them on Gamebanana, I can get my mods seen since they show up on the front page for a bit.

The crediting system is a bit fussy but at least I know how it works now.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
@Char Seasalina

Same here actually.

I wish to mod MK8 to change Rosalina's voice clips but HOLD IT.

Most would think , ''But Swiftie we know you dont like Laura Faye Smith in MK8''

And blah blah

No , well that's not really the case. Truth is , when i get the chance to do so in MK8 , i would actually change her voice clips with other voice clips from Laura too , particulary because i enjoy most of her other sounds that are barely used in games for some reason or another, like her deep ''Yey'' when she gets out of a world in 3D World , is 100% Rosalina . And im very fond of my lastest MKWii mod .

In fact , travelling through the 100+ voice clips of 3D World i have found some matches with the originals in Mario Kart Wii that suit just fine.

In the end , when it comes to Smash , as i said , Mercedes and Laura have the right amount of Clips to successfuly be put in place of Kerri's , like these that fit perfectly.

http://s1.vocaroo.com/media/download_temp/Vocaroo_s1PepXH3hDG6.mp3

So , again , i would like to see M&S guy mod this time.

EDIT: I heard a sample of it , its still a bit too excited imo.

If it was me , i would have pitched down -4 the clips like i did in MKWii so it doesnt sound too high pitched.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Anyone saw this Miiverse pic? Frankly to say Rosalina looks slightly like a male in this pic:

Top Bottom