• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
>There is an official leather wallet of Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina as part of the Super Moschino line
>"Oh hey, new Rosalina merchandise. I should consider buying it in the future. Wish it didn't have her forced in with Peach and Daisy though, people would get the wrong impression if I used it, though I guess I could just display it and keep using my Freedom Planet wallet"
>Checks the price
>It's $200
>RRP, not a scalper price

I guess I definitely won't be getting it then.
Mmh I wondered if it was really official.
But man the drawing... What happened to Rosalina's left arm?
Yet I quite like the proportions. Rosalina looks big as hell and it's good.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
You colored Rosalina's hair like Peach's. You could've blend that color with her skin tone. All flaws aside, it looks fabulous, good job! :)
Its not really colored like Peach´s. It has a different color , is just that the program kinda changed some palettes , even Peach hair is actually more yelowish .

If i wanted yo i could have used a white crayon to reach a better tone for Rosalina but in the end i decided to leave it as it doesnt look out of place for what im doing it for.

Thanks for the feedback!

I only call anime girls as waifu, Rosalina, no.

Waifu is a word used nowadays in the internet for everything you can consider like a love interest or sort of and it doesnt really exist outside of videogames or animations of any kinda.

Not that i care though , people take the Rosalina praise waaay to far just like some others take the hate waaay too far too.

I hate both sides with a passion , you have no idea.

edit , Ok i posted double again as a mistake , darn!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I only call anime girls as waifu, Rosalina, no.
Even towards anime girls, I still would not go as far as to refer to them as "waifus"
Really, that bull**** of a word has been tossed around way too many times it's making me gag.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did something pretty interesting today. I replaced almost all of Rosalina's Smash Wii U voice clips with her voice clips from Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8. It felt quite neat to hear Rosalina say "ta-ta" while she's performing her side taunt.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Is it really that bad to use the 3D World and MK8 voice clips? Some of her Smash Wii U voice clips didn't exactly sound good for me, with one of them being her Star KO'd voice clip.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
I did something pretty interesting today. I replaced almost all of Rosalina's Smash Wii U voice clips with her voice clips from Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8. It felt quite neat to hear Rosalina say "ta-ta" while she's performing her side taunt.
I'd be interested in seeing what that's like. Do you have any way of showing it? Or can you share your method?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Is it really that bad to use the 3D World and MK8 voice clips? Some of her Smash Wii U voice clips didn't exactly sound good for me, with one of them being her Star KO'd voice clip.
Yes it is. Her voice clips in Smash sounds perfectly fine the way it is.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886

In a way , yeah , because you are basically summoning satan. But In the end , it's a Frankenstein because you said you replaced some and not all , which means there's still some original clips mixed with others that aren't from the same person , just like mixing parts of different people o create something aka a Frankenstein

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

In a way , yeah , because you are basically summoning satan. But In the end , it's a Frankenstein because you said you replaced some and not all , which means there's still some original clips mixed with others that aren't from the same person , just like mixing parts of different people o create something aka a Frankenstein
According to my research, Laura Faye Smith voiced Rosalina in Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8. The only voice clip that I was not able to replace was Rosalina's sleeping voice clip, since I couldn't find any good substitutes for it.

Everything else, however, worked out well.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I know that Laura voices her in the 2 games , what I was saying is that basically you mixed Laura with Kerri Kane and that would have been a hot mess because not only they sound different but also one has filtered voice clips and the other doesn't so it would have been messy . But since you made it clear I guess is alright (?) , a good sleeping sound from Rosalina provided by Laura ... I know which one would work but you need to slightly alter it

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I know that Laura voices her in the 2 games , what I was saying is that basically you mixed Laura with Kerri Kane and that would have been a hot mess because not only they sound different but also one has filtered voice clips and the other doesn't so it would have been messy . But since you made it clear I guess is alright (?) , a good sleeping sound from Rosalina provided by Laura ... I know which one would work but you need to slightly alter it
I did add echo effects onto Rosalina's modified voice clips in hopes of imitating the echo effect that the original voice clips used. It would at least make the voice clip edits not feel so out of place.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
if you replace all of them with either MK8 clips or 3Dworld or even MP10 it would be ok since its the same person.

If you use a filter then its even better.

If you try to put filtered clips of Laura and mix then with Kerri or even Mercedes it doesn't work at all.

But all in all , congratulations for your progress.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah I tried to find a substitute for the sleeping voice clip, but hardly any of Laura Faye Smith's voice samples from 3D World or MK8 worked out. Ironically, I was able to find a manageable replacement for the dizzy voice clip.

I guess trying to find a good sleeping voice clip replacement is almost impossible if no one ever falls asleep in the Mario spin-offs. And that could be a problem if I were to try to replace the voice clips for Bowser, Donkey Kong, and Diddy Kong.

And of course, for Bowser's dilemma, I'd only want to modify "his" voice clips, and NOT Giga Bowser's voice clips, since Giga Bowser was pretty much designed to have realistic roars.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
I can't tell you how to hack Smash Wii U in public, but I can at least give you a download link. You'll have to contact me via a PM if you want to know how to use it though. Alternatively, you can use Google to find the proper websites and/or tutorials for this kind of subject.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i7vuni1ji00yoqh/sm3dwmk8rosalina.7z?dl=0
Thanks a lot for that, it's exactly what I wanted. I've done similar Smash Wii U mods before so I can figure it out from here. I might even record some gameplay with this active so others can see what it's like. Thanks again!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You can use the sound when Rosalina is ´´relieved´´ when she is safe in Mario Party 10.

She makes a sigh
I'll look into that if I can. My best bet is at the Sounds Resource.

Edit: It looks like Rosalina's voice clips for Mario Party 10 have not been uploaded yet. Not much I can do about that right now.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hm... I notice I don't see the notification light on my New 3DS XL glows when I link on to Internet, I mean I didn't see it glow when there are people online on my friends list. I don't have anyone near me who has 3DS to try streetpass... so what am I doing not is put my New 3DS XL on and wait for it to ran out power and see if it glows red.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
So... About that NX, is Super Mario Galaxy 3 still a possibility? I really do hope that Nintendo makes more games that used to be good like in the past such as N64 Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy and other games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl (I wished they have story mode like Subspace Emissary, Rosalina would've gotten a major role in which she portrays a goddess-like figure) this summer. But they'll probably be busy working on the NX, and if they're too occupied to do any productive things then I'm just gonna stick to Disney for a while, at least until something comes up. I feel like goin' crazy sometimes, because of uh.. Certain awkwardness which drells among the midst of the silent celestial hills.

Just look at her luminous skin, a fair lady such as she is watching over the stars as usual. Her hair shines throughout the night, and her smile warms our heart. Look upon her pristine gown, quite the attire a sophisticated woman such as she would wear, don't you think? And those earrings, crown jewels and brooch. They exceed further the limits, for the numbers of carats it's worth. A rare star, comet, a celestial being you do not wish to give up on. Don't you boys ever want to ask her out on a date? She is certainly single and not taken, unlike Peach and Daisy who has Mario and Luigi. Even Toadette is taken, by that Toad with his cheerful manner. Seriously, look closer into Rosalina's eyes and you'll find yourself lost in the sea of beauty which surrounds you like millions of stars, and her Lumas being such cutie patooties that whose cheeks you can pinch. Let our fidelity remain in the memory of the cosmos, where Rosalina can watch over us all. Who would truly be the one who can win the heart of a woman who sustains immortality that flows in her blood, that is a mother to the nebulae and object that are known to be distant. There is a perchance she would certainly be the romantic woman that every men desire, or to be held by. Just take her hand...

I've heard of texture hacks in Mario Kart 8, and I've seen Rosalina in different colors other than turqoise that she typically uses. If trying to mod Super Smash Bros. Wii U wasn't hard enough, there's this. I'm just really bad at tinkering (In my case, modding), a little thing that I've been desperate to get done. We just have to wonder, it's never too soon to wonder that is modding and hacking textures and game models is going to be possible in the Nintendo NX? It could, but it's probably is going to get a little difficult, and I don't think I personally can't handle it but other people may under certain aspects. With that said, here's the video of Rosalina wearing a violet dress in Mario Kart 8, a texture hack:

Am I the only one who thinks that violet is kind of a romantic color, or Lavendar? In my honest opinion, violet is more of a color that suits people with black hair, such as me. It looks a bit tacky on blondes, but that is what I think. Some other people can have different opinions, and I respect that.

EDIT: Could I go crazy now? It seems like this thread, at it's current state, is nothing more than a ghost town as it seems. The eerie fogs is blinding us all, so what are we to do? In that case, I wouldn't mind some crazy MMD videos of Rosalina dancing and stuff like that.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I can't tell if 2016 is a good year or a bad year.. With more technologies and scientific stuff coming into our modern days, and more pop artist and celebrities growing up and other news, I just don't know how to describe it. I hope 2017 will be a successful year and well, improved. Some may think this is a good year while some would think this is bad. I personally think this years could be better, we're almost halfway there anyways so I think there's still room to make some productive things.

Everyone can seriously agree that Rosalina is an EXCELLENT dancer! I mean, she can dance in gymnastics

She can basically do anything. Name one and she'll accomplish that! The only thing I really wish she'd cover is singing, I'm so intrigued to see her singing voice. But the real question is, which 3 actresses can do the part? Mercedes Rose, Kerri Kane or Laura Faye Smith? All I want in general is singing from Rosalina and other talents she could do beside "Watching over the stars" and "Sharing her knowledge of the universe".

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I can't tell if 2016 is a good year or a bad year.. With more technologies and scientific stuff coming into our modern days, and more pop artist and celebrities growing up and other news, I just don't know how to describe it. I hope 2017 will be a successful year and well, improved. Some may think this is a good year while some would think this is bad. I personally think this years could be better, we're almost halfway there anyways so I think there's still room to make some productive things.

Everyone can seriously agree that Rosalina is an EXCELLENT dancer! I mean, she can dance in gymnastics

She can basically do anything. Name one and she'll accomplish that! The only thing I really wish she'd cover is singing, I'm so intrigued to see her singing voice. But the real question is, which 3 actresses can do the part? Mercedes Rose, Kerri Kane or Laura Faye Smith? All I want in general is singing from Rosalina and other talents she could do beside "Watching over the stars" and "Sharing her knowledge of the universe".
If I have to be honest, I think 2016 so far is boring for Nintendo fans, not only we are not getting Digital Event this year, we already know the Wii U is gonna die. And with the recent upgrade consoles from Sony and Microsoft, meh I think Nintendo will have something interesting on their sleeve, maybe we'll know some big news after E3 with further Nintendo Directs, but for now I'm only looking for Pokemon Sun & Moon and that's pretty much it. I'm not a Zelda fan so the new LoZ on Wii U/NX didn't caught my attention anyway.

And you guys may hate me for saying this, I think I might use Cloud more than Rosalina when it comes to matches, to say it specific, Cloud might be on the top main than Rosalina and Mario. Don't get me wrong though, I am not giving up on them, but as for right now (Or at least this year) I will spend most of the time on getting good with Cloud. Not only because top players see potential on him, he is also probably the coolest character in this game. And he's even more superior than my two sword mains Ike and Shulk, he has more better Up air and Down air, and less landing lag. Also the limit break is just an awesome finisher if you use it right. He is also the only DLC character I got good so far (Still suck at Roy but also trying to practice him too.). I spend most of the time with him on Smash Run and 1v1.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Mario Party: Star Rush was also confirmed for the 3DS.

So there's a new game for Rosalina too I guess.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Mario Party: Star Rush was also confirmed for the 3DS.

So there's a new game for Rosalina too I guess.
The description mentions the car functionality, or something similar. It was obvious they had to mess up somewhere, but well, it can be better than MP10 which lacked content I suppose.

Top Bottom