• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
As far as Mario songs go, her titular theme and Gusty Garden Galaxy's theme seem to be her official theme songs. The latter is used all of the time in trailers associated with her. "Family" is another Galaxy song associated with her, though it as a remix of the Observatory theme. I also think the music for the Gateway Planet fits her.

As far as just other songs from other things that remind me of her, Naminé's Theme from Kingdom Hearts fits Rosalina IMO.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I'm so excited for Summer, I can't wait to get off of school. I found an artwork of Rosalina on tumblr, you get the vibe. This really makes me wish that Rosalina was in Super Mario Sunshine, or a sequel at least. They should make more, because I wonder what Rosalina would wear for those games. And these days she barely wears ponytails, I'd say it looks pretty good on her. Anyways, here's the picture.

Source: http://bellhenge.deviantart.com/art/Summer-Rosalina-613092381
Ah, yes. I've been waiting for another Rosalina piece from Bellhenge. At least it was clearly inevitable since all the other Smash ladies were getting their own artwork as part of a series. Hoping for better things in general to come around this summer. My area has had a real head start in the weather department early on.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Moderately popular Smash YouTuber has some Rosalina videos
>All seem like crappy, generic parody videos using the monotone Microsoft Sam voice or something similar
>One video is titled "My Wet Dream" and it's literally just him putting Rosalina in Cruel Smash, breaking her shield, and letting the Miis beat her up
>Him and others are flooding the comments section with comments regarding how much they'd love to see Rosalina get molested

And people act like I'm exaggerating when I say "the Smash fanbase is cancerous and ruins everything".

Stuff like that is honestly part of why I stopped playing Smash. Can't enjoy the game when I know I could be playing with those kind of people. :\

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You shouldn't hate on characters to that degree at all.

Not to the point of wanting to see them be sexually assaulted.

Same goes for real people.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
>Moderately popular Smash YouTuber has some Rosalina videos
>All seem like crappy, generic parody videos using the monotone Microsoft Sam voice or something similar
>One video is titled "My Wet Dream" and it's literally just him putting Rosalina in Cruel Smash, breaking her shield, and letting the Miis beat her up
>Him and others are flooding the comments section with comments regarding how much they'd love to see Rosalina get molested

And people act like I'm exaggerating when I say "the Smash fanbase is cancerous and ruins everything".

Stuff like that is honestly part of why I stopped playing Smash. Can't enjoy the game when I know I could be playing with those kind of people. :\
>I hope you aren't mentioning about ... ZeRo? Nah,jk,Impossible, so who is that popular Smash Youtuber?
Okay I checked... bad news is, one of my favorite Youtuber EWNetwork sub this channel...
>Microsoft Sam voice?You mean that robotic voice?
>Well, I'm pretty sure most of them are just being salty. Every characters gets love and also hate. Rosalina though, is really innocent to some degree. Why not Shiek? Why not ZSS? Why not Diddy? I don't see that Youtuber made any parody videos of other top tier characters.
And hope he's not a fan of an idiot who bought 100 amiibos of her...
>I can recommend you Omni's video "How to deal with toxic community" and "How to deal with salt". To some degree... you are, but actually your statement applies to nearly every gaming community.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQwEOtwCB9c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noL5A177QlE

And what I can't believe is that you actually stop playing the game you love just because those dumb videos and comments by those idiots who most of them only brags about her being OP...

Perhaps this video will cheer you up, I hope...

You shouldn't hate on characters to that degree at all.

Not to the point of wanting to see them be sexually assaulted.

Same goes for real people.
I can surely say you are only looking at a small fragment of the community. Just ignore them, and as the saying goes: "Haters gonna hate..."

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's far from the only reason I stopped playing Smash.

The online being **** and the game having nothing to do offline unless you can regularly hook up with people to play with, is the main reason I stopped playing.

It's not that I can't deal with toxicity (I don't even have to when I don't engage with the fan base much anymore), but this is a new kind of low, when molestation is being accepted as a funny joke.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Why Rosalina is hated:
  • Newcomer: veterans hardly get any hate because of the character itself (aside from Sonic) because everyone is familiar with them and no "oMg!!11 they stole a slot 4 mah king k roool!!11".
  • OP at scrub level: Rosalina has a completely different playstyle (puppet character) and this make her a perfect scrub roflstomper.
  • Perceived OPness from the 3DS days: she was but she since was nerfed; however remove the stigma from the early days is HARD, people still perceive character like Palutena and Marth bad because of this.
  • Polarized match-ups: she has some bad match-ups but she also wreck some low tiers hard.
  • Waifu bait material: nuff said.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Why Rosalina is hated:
  • Newcomer: veterans hardly get any hate because of the character itself (aside from Sonic) because everyone is familiar with them and no "oMg!!11 they stole a slot 4 mah king k roool!!11".
  • OP at scrub level: Rosalina has a completely different playstyle (puppet character) and this make her a perfect scrub roflstomper.
  • Perceived OPness from the 3DS days: she was but she since was nerfed; however remove the stigma from the early days is HARD, people still perceive character like Palutena and Marth bad because of this.
  • Polarized match-ups: she has some bad match-ups but she also wreck some low tiers hard.
The last three aren't really the case.

Rosalina now is better than pre-patch Rosalina. Harder to use, but has more potential.

She doesn't really have what I would call a "bad match-up" either. If you're really good, the worst kind of match-up for Rosalina is "oh hey this might actually be a fair fight".

And waifu bait implies the character is designed to garner something akin to romantic/sexual affection from the consumer, Rosalina is not an example of that (she's a single mother who's older than universes, not exactly most people's definition of a girl they want to hook up with). Waifu bait is more akin to any recent Fire Emblem female, where they are explicitly designed to attract the consumer due to the literal marriage mechanic the games have now.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Well, Luma respawn time from 8 seconds to 13 and the removal of the fact that you could interrupt any throws were really hard. Pre 1.0.4 Rosalina was incredibly overpowered: on top of the previous aspects I've just said, the hitboxes were bigger and many kill moves had negligible ending lag and also much more knockback.

Cloud and especially Meta Knight are bad for Rosalina at top level. There's no reason a top level Meta Knight should lose to a Rosalina ever unless he messes up (see Abadango SDing two times against Dabuz). Obviously the match up is not something like 20-80. It's more on the 35-65 line.

I use the wrong term. "Bait" indicates something made purposefully for that. What I was trying to say was all the stuff regarding explicit fanarts et simila that don't give the character a good reputation.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Why Rosalina is hated:
1- I think this was never the case , as many newcomers where well recived , Rosalina included as people actually like her as a character and was kinda expected to appear and she did. She is not by any means like Corrin , who is still widely hated for being yet another FE character.

2 - I think this is true , but then again , she is unique and that's the bottom line.

3 - I think she is still one of the best characters in the game.

4 - I honestly don't think this is a good reason to recive ''hate''

5 - This applies to any character in the roster , Rosalina just so happens to be one of the most unlucky cases of them. This is not the fault of the character , this is because of disgusting people that should move to Mars and leave Earth asap.

Also last point has nothing to do with the game at all , so it's just pointless , like everything tbh.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, Luma respawn time from 8 seconds to 13 and the removal of the fact that you could interrupt any throws were really hard. Pre 1.0.4 Rosalina was incredibly overpowered: on top of the previous aspects I've just said, the hitboxes were bigger and many kill moves had negligible ending lag and also much more knockback.

Cloud and especially Meta Knight are bad for Rosalina at top level. There's no reason a top level Meta Knight should lose to a Rosalina ever unless he messes up (see Abadango SDing two times against Dabuz). Obviously the match up is not something like 20-80. It's more on the 35-65 line.

I use the wrong term. "Bait" indicates something made purposefully for that. What I was trying to say was all the stuff regarding explicit fanarts et simila that don't give the character a good reputation.
That's what I mean by "harder to use, has more potential".

Yes, it hurts a little more when you lose Luma. But if you're good, you won't lose Luma often to begin with. Plus you can still practice with SoRo.

And in exchange for some of the nerfs, Rosalina got a few buffs since launch, and I have always felt they were significant - Luma Shot got much fast cool down and startup compared to launch, as did the Luma call back animation. Luma Shot was also given a more variable range of distances, which made some advanced combos easier to do. This is along with some other stuff like improving her jab a bit and what not.

The patches essentially have people more reason to use Rosalina & Luma properly - by sending them out as two units, rather than always using them as one.

Also Cloud and Meta Knight are in no way bad for Rosalina. Cloud is even at best, all you need is solid play and getting him offstage to take him on, because he's screwed off stage without limit. And some anti-Cloud tech was discovered recently, and Rosalina can make special use of it, as we discussed here before.

Meta Knight I COULD see being annoying before he was nerfed, but even then, far from terrible. But after his nerfs, he lost a lot of his old tricks against Rosalina. Now he just is nothing special against her.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
It's obvious that is not Rosalina's fault, not even Nintendo's, for her to be Rule34'd so much but do you think haters think about this? I just listed reasons that just add fuel to the fire of her hatred.

And I know many low tier mains that hate the Rosalina match-up, so they end up hating that character itself because she's not like a beloved memory forom a majestic game for many, they don't give a damn.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's obvious that is not Rosalina's fault, not even Nintendo's, for her to be Rule34'd so much but do you think haters think about this? I just listed reasons that just add fuel to the fire of her hatred.
You say this, but it's actually haters that make a lot of the Rule 34. Usually depicting her in a derogatory or messed up situation (molestation, vore, etc).

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
More hate would've probably occurred if Rosalina's air mobility was higher. While it would be nice for Rosalina to have better air speed to compensate for Launch Star not dealing any damage, this also makes it easier for her to survive longer, and her air game gets improved as well.

I've seen this myself while doing my attribute edits for a good portion of the roster.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
That's what I mean by "harder to use, has more potential".

Yes, it hurts a little more when you lose Luma. But if you're good, you won't lose Luma often to begin with. Plus you can still practice with SoRo.
Not use Luma if you are good? Why? Luma is the reason Rosalina is so good. You just have to be prepared in case you lose him but if that happens is bad.

And in exchange for some of the nerfs, Rosalina got a few buffs since launch, and I have always felt they were significant - Luma Shot got much fast cool down and startup compared to launch, as did the Luma call back animation. Luma Shot was also given a more variable range of distances, which made some advanced combos easier to do. This is along with some other stuff like improving her jab a bit and what not.

The patches essentially have people more reason to use Rosalina & Luma properly - by sending them out as two units, rather than always using them as one.
And this is ok but it doesn't invalidate the fact the Rosalina was incredibly stronger at release than every other future iteration in the game. And she's still one the best in the game! Before she was even more powerful! You could even interrupt throws ffs!

Also Cloud and Meta Knight are in no way bad for Rosalina. Cloud is even at best, all you need is solid play and getting him offstage to take him on, because he's screwed off stage without limit. And some anti-Cloud tech was discovered recently, and Rosalina can make special use of it, as we discussed here before.

Meta Knight I COULD see being annoying before he was nerfed, but even then, far from terrible. But after his nerfs, he lost a lot of his old tricks against Rosalina. Now he just is nothing special against her.
Cloud murders Luma so bad. And he edgeguards Rosalina incredibly hard, better than everyone else. Also good luck getting him offstage with his mobility and neutral game.
Meta Knight didn't lose anything in the Rosalina match-up. His upair still work the same against her because she's so floaty and big that she remain in hitstun during the combo. He can still kill us at 20%.

You say this, but it's actually haters that make a lot of the Rule 34. Usually depicting her in a derogatory or messed up situation (molestation, vore, etc).
This is probably right. Her Rule34 however existed well before her announce in Smash 4, well before the hate. I can see this point, tho. Still, generates more hate.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not use Luma if you are good? Why? Luma is the reason Rosalina is so good. You just have to be prepared in case you lose him but if that happens is bad.
I meant you can practice with SoRo for when Luma is gone. A lot of players don't do this and are helpless without Luma. Practing some SoRo means you will still be able to compete in those moments where Luma is gone.

And this is ok but it doesn't invalidate the fact the Rosalina was incredibly stronger at release than every other future iteration in the game. And she's still one the best in the game! Before she was even more powerful! You could even interrupt throws ffs!
But I disagree that she was stronger at release, because the buffs she got mean more than the nerfs. Interrupting throws isn't huge. A lot of throws couldn't be interrupted anyway because they had hitboxes that hit Luma, and you should be interrupting people as soon as they grab you and before they even attempt to pummel or throw you, which you can still do. Some throws can still technically be interrupted with a buffered input, too.

Cloud murders Luma so bad.
Every character does if you don't know what you are doing, I seriously don't get why people think there are specific characters that are worse for Luma. The little guy is swatted off-stage by the slightest hit. That's why you don't let him get hit, and if you are to let him get hit as bait or something, you be careful about where you do it.

And he edgeguards Rosalina incredibly hard, better than everyone else.
I don't see particularly how, especially when edgeguarding Rosalina is risky, especially for a character like him with no horizontal recovery except in a few lucky situations.

Also good luck getting him offstage with his mobility and neutral game.
Don't need good luck when solid play has allowed me to do this plenty of times. And again, we have that anti-Cloud tech now.

Meta Knight didn't lose anything in the Rosalina match-up. His upair still work the same against her because she's so floaty and big that she remain in hitstun during the combo. He can still kill us at 20%.
That isn't what I've seen since the patch, at all. Meta Knight went down a lot in viability, both in general and in this match up. And even before the patch, he still wasn't that bad.

I still largely think that a lot of the "bad match-ups" Rosalina is said to have, are down to how too many players play her, not the character herself. She has a bad player base.

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I agree that you should fight with SoRo but also there's no reason to. Why fight for 13 seconds with an inferior character when you can wait? I don't encourage to do this but it's like saying you shouldn't camp charging limit: it's still a good strategy to win.

If you mean that post-1.0.4 Rosalina is stronger because she has more options viable for playstyles I agree. But this doesn't mean she is stronger overall. Was Diddy better when he had the Hoo-hah? Was Sheik better when she had the 50-50 or needles that covered 3/4 of the stage? Yes, obviously. Who gives a damn of you options when you have overpowered tools that offer only one but stronger-than-everything gameplay.

Cloud just has to dtilt or LCS Rosalina's recovery to edgeguard and it can be done on reaction with zero risk. For the Meta Knight part just watch this. This is 1.1.5 and it's still as bad as pre-patch. The only reason this ended 3-2 is because Abadango messed up bad some times but every time he gets it right Dabuz loses the stock at 20%.

And... what is this anti-Cloud tech?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I agree that you should fight with SoRo but also there's no reason to. Why fight for 13 seconds with an inferior character when you can wait? I don't encourage to do this but it's like saying you shouldn't camp charging limit: it's still a good strategy to win.

If you mean that post-1.0.4 Rosalina is stronger because she has more options viable for playstyles I agree. But this doesn't mean she is stronger overall. Was Diddy better when he had the Hoo-hah? Was Sheik better when she had the 50-50 or needles that covered 3/4 of the stage? Yes, obviously. Who gives a damn of you options when you have overpowered tools that offer only one but stronger-than-everything gameplay.

Cloud just has to dtilt or LCS Rosalina's recovery to edgeguard and it can be done on reaction with zero risk. For the Meta Knight part just watch this. This is 1.1.5 and it's still as bad as pre-patch. The only reason this ended 3-2 is because Abadango messed up bad some times but every time he gets it right Dabuz loses the stock at 20%.

And... what is this anti-Cloud tech?
There's plenty of characters you can't wait against because they are fast enough to catch up to you. Plus, the more damage you deal as SoRo, the easier it is to take the stock when Luma gets back (even better if you take a stock as SoRo).

Rosalina didn't lose any huge options from patches though. She gained more than she lost. Like I said, not being able to interrupt throws (as easily) isn't a big deal since you should be interrupting the grab, not waiting for a throw that might knock Luma off-stage anyway. This is not comparable to Sheik and Diddy who lost huge options and literally got nothing to make up for it. I think the options Rosalina gained are better than the ones she lost (which is basically nothing, most of her nerfs are just small stuff like value changes to damage or whatever that don't make a big difference).

You can also recover over Cloud's head if he goes for either of those things though. You have to be tricky with Rosalina's recovery to use it properly.

Also that combo can be DI'd out of now. That's why it doesn't work like before. Even the commentators in that video said it. And Dabuz messed up a lot too in that, so really you can't use this as a good representation of the MU.

My mind isn't going to change on this. Rosalina players just don't represent their own character very well. My mind won't change until that fact changes.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That's far from the only reason I stopped playing Smash.

The online being **** and the game having nothing to do offline unless you can regularly hook up with people to play with, is the main reason I stopped playing.

It's not that I can't deal with toxicity (I don't even have to when I don't engage with the fan base much anymore), but this is a new kind of low, when molestation is being accepted as a funny joke.
Well in that case, it's understandable. But even so, I will just go back and play the 3DS version or just seldom play Smash due to time constraints.
And online being ****? Are saying the online is terrible? Or you are just saying the online is full of idiotic and salty people?
The last three aren't really the case.

Rosalina now is better than pre-patch Rosalina. Harder to use, but has more potential.

She doesn't really have what I would call a "bad match-up" either. If you're really good, the worst kind of match-up for Rosalina is "oh hey this might actually be a fair fight".

And waifu bait implies the character is designed to garner something akin to romantic/sexual affection from the consumer, Rosalina is not an example of that (she's a single mother who's older than universes, not exactly most people's definition of a girl they want to hook up with). Waifu bait is more akin to any recent Fire Emblem female, where they are explicitly designed to attract the consumer due to the literal marriage mechanic the games have now.
Uh…no waifu bait is also suitable to other female characters… more correctly, anime female characters.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well in that case, it's understandable. But even so, I will just go back and play the 3DS version or just seldom play Smash due to time constraints.
And online being ****? Are saying the online is terrible? Or you are just saying the online is full of idiotic and salty people?

Uh…no waifu bait is also suitable to other female characters… more correctly, anime female characters.
The online is bad in that it doesn't run smoothly.

And you didn't exactly defeat my point at all. Some anime are designed with characters that are supposed to garner adoration.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The online is bad in that it doesn't run smoothly.

And you didn't exactly defeat my point at all. Some anime are designed with characters that are supposed to garner adoration.
Bad Wifi source I presume? I mean, tge Wifi connection varies depending on your Wifi speed.
And I know, but you can't just specifically say Fire Emblem female characters, even though Fire Emblem characters are indeed anime…
I mean Peri is full of armor…I don't see any garner adoration on her,yet…Charlotte though…yeah…

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Bad Wifi source I presume? I mean, tge Wifi connection varies depending on your Wifi speed.
And I know, but you can't just specifically say Fire Emblem female characters, even though Fire Emblem characters are indeed anime…
I mean Peri is full of armor…I don't see any garner adoration on her,yet…Charlotte though…yeah…
My Wifi source is not the problem, I get 100mbps upload and 20mbps upload. The game just has bad infrastructure.

And you are completely misunderstanding my point on the waifu bait. It's not about their clothes. The female characters in Awakening and Fates are all "waifu bait" by definition, because the game has a marriage mechanic. They are designed to fill in different interests, both in terms of their bodies and personalities, so that players have female characters they genuinely want to marry. I'm not using it to degrade the characters (I mean I love Rinkah myself and married her in Fates), it's just undeniable that they were written around this person.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
My Wifi source is not the problem, I get 100mbps upload and 20mbps upload. The game just has bad infrastructure.
Hm... I see... wait a minute, are you talking about the 3DS version or the Wii U version? Because most people are arguing about 3DS' Wifi speed rather than Wii U version, however, Wii U Wifi are awful sometimes as well. That's why my brother is desperate to get the Wii LAN adapter online. But overall, the Wifi speed were often smooth, even for 3DS version.

I remember Sakurai did say about the 3DS online issues, he said try to minimize the use of other Wireless gadgets when connecting to the Internet with 3DS. I had tried it, and it's pretty much the same to say the least. Hell there were even times I lost connection with my brother when even playing local wireless.... It was probably because we've played at a Wifi environment.

And you are completely misunderstanding my point on the waifu bait. It's not about their clothes. The female characters in Awakening and Fates are all "waifu bait" by definition, because the game has a marriage mechanic. They are designed to fill in different interests, both in terms of their bodies and personalities, so that players have female characters they genuinely want to marry. I'm not using it to degrade the characters (I mean I love Rinkah myself and married her in Fates), it's just undeniable that they were written around this person.
I'm not sure how long have you been playing FE, my two brother has been a FE ever since we saw Marth and Roy in Smash Melee. Our first game Fire Emblem:Genealogy of Holy War on the Super Famicom (Yes, the Japanese SNES) already had the relationship system that is similar to the marriage system. Hell, there was already a Class type called "Dancer" at FE: Mystery of the Emblem...

I do say the recent FE gives more personality to female characters, but the relationship system has been on FE for a long time.

1- I think this was never the case , as many newcomers where well recived , Rosalina included as people actually like her as a character and was kinda expected to appear and she did. She is not by any means like Corrin , who is still widely hated for being yet another FE character.
Hell, she was the only Mario character that I want to be in Smash Bros, I still dislike Bowser Jr even to this day, but I won't be that whiny to make stupid videos of me attacking Bowser Jr though.
Well, me and my brother were slightly salty when Lucina was confirmed, my brother did hope for Robin and Chrom... but now Lucina is my secondary... time does change...
Yeah... whereas FE fans like me and my two brothers were enjoying Kamui/Corrin's reveal and the salt from most of the fans who never enjoy FE Fates or even Awakening.
When in SoRo, try not to go too aggressive imo, cuz it often goes bad whenever I do that...
But I disagree that she was stronger at release, because the buffs she got mean more than the nerfs. Interrupting throws isn't huge. A lot of throws couldn't be interrupted anyway because they had hitboxes that hit Luma, and you should be interrupting people as soon as they grab you and before they even attempt to pummel or throw you, which you can still do. Some throws can still technically be interrupted with a buffered input, too.
I can't agree nor disagree on this since I am totally forgot how strong she was when I use her back at the initial release. After her nerf patch, I only notice her Up Air knockback and Luma's return speed being changed, other then that I don't really notice anything weak on her...

But :4shulk:, and :4myfriends:? Oh boy oh boy, glad that they were buffed :) , and thanks to many awesome players like Ryo, ZeRo and many others. More people are willing to use Ike and Shulk now.

And about the Cloud vs Rosalina MU... in my opinion, Rosalina can deal with Cloud roughly like how she deals with Little Mac. Cloud is done when going off stage without Limit Break charged. However, Limit Break can also be one of Cloud deadly trumpth card to against Rosalina. Without more knowledge about this MU, I will stay 50:50 for now.

Also that combo can be DI'd out of now. That's why it doesn't work like before. Even the commentators in that video said it. And Dabuz messed up a lot too in that, so really you can't use this as a good representation of the MU.

My mind isn't going to change on this. Rosalina players just don't represent their own character very well. My mind won't change until that fact changes.
You can give your two-cents about a pro Smasher's performance, but never say that his or her's Rosalina is terrible... I mean... it's kind of arrogant when you say that. Pro Smashers do mess up sometimes.

I really have to be kind of a whiner to say this... if you think your Rosalina is better, go and participate tournaments and let them see Rosalina's awesomeness. If you can't, then you really shouldn't say that. And I also hope that fact changes, and even it still hasn't changed, that won't stop me from using Rosalina or regarding Rosalina players are good.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I really have to be kind of a whiner to say this... if you think your Rosalina is better, go and participate tournaments and let them see Rosalina's awesomeness. If you can't, then you really shouldn't say that. And I also hope that fact changes, and even it still hasn't changed, that won't stop me from using Rosalina or regarding Rosalina players are good.
I wasn't speaking about a specific player, I just meant in general. But it does apply to somewhat to Dabuz. He has his own style and he's good at it, but it does not demonstrate the character's full potential. And many players simply try to imitate them.

Also the "you must play in tournaments to have a valid opinion" card doesn't work on me because the last time a tournament Rosalina player tried to tell me about how a certain match up is terrible for her and that I was dumb for thinking otherwise, I had to remind them that RAR Luma B-air is a thing. Which is literally "how to play Rosalina 101".

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I wasn't speaking about a specific player, I just meant in general. But it does apply to somewhat to Dabuz. He has his own style and he's good at it, but it does not demonstrate the character's full potential. And many players simply try to imitate them.
I see... I'm sorry that I mistaken your statement
You can't deny that Dabuz is one of the best Rosalina players in the world. He is also being called "Smash 4's Hungrybox" according to Smashwiki due to his overly defensive playstyle and his nice guy personality. And most players try to imitate his stratgy is because it works, but mst of them will also add some of their own strategy as well.
Also the "you must play in tournaments to have a valid opinion" card doesn't work on me because the last time a tournament Rosalina player tried to tell me about how a certain match up is terrible for her and that I was dumb for thinking otherwise, I had to remind them that RAR Luma B-air is a thing. Which is literally "how to play Rosalina 101".
Yeah I kind of said wrong right there, just like do you have to be a professional basketball player to criticize pro player's performance? To some degree, commentators can tell by looking at statistic charts, whereas Smash Bros we don't really have any...

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Even though I may not be as good as the others when it comes to using Rosalina & Luma, I like to think I demonstrate most of the potential well, at certain times. I'm still learning, like the many others do. Sometime I think to myself, like, what is really the point in Smash? Why do we need to fight, conquest for land? Power? Opulence? It results in pain and pure victory and fatal failure. I'm a leisure pacifist, thus the reason I'm saying this. If I play online, it would always be "For Fun" People might've thought of this before, but I don't care about the originality of this so I'll just say that Smash is a war that can never be won with violence, but instead we should:

EDIT: Cute Rosalina Fanart FTW.
Speed art: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWmX3eHEYZQ

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
What has this thread become.

I miss pre - release and owning people about Rosalina's voice in Smash being Kerri Kane.

Those were the days.

Sad violin plays in the background

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
image.png

Cool description of Rosalina on Play Nintendo.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
View attachment 109373
Cool description of Rosalina on Play Nintendo.
...I just posted about Play Nintendo on the subject of Rosalina on page 31, I guess no one saw it nor cared but what effing ever. It's been a while since we all talked about MK8, and this description here is on: https://play.nintendo.com/themes/friends/rosalina/

She's already my bff. <3
But isn't she your waifu? I thought that you and her would more than just BFFs, just kidding. She may be your BFF, but I'm her ancient ancestor, hidden away from the face of earth. My descendant had grown to be a beautiful woman, I'm so proud.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
But isn't she your waifu? I thought that you and her would more than just BFFs, just kidding. She may be your BFF, but I'm her ancient ancestor, hidden away from the face of earth. My descendant had grown to be a beautiful woman, I'm so proud.

I ain't going that far. Only a fanboy would refer to her as such.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

Oh, and they like to add that cosmic magic. Wonder how they'll managed to put it with the clapping animation.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>There is an official leather wallet of Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina as part of the Super Moschino line
>"Oh hey, new Rosalina merchandise. I should consider buying it in the future. Wish it didn't have her forced in with Peach and Daisy though, people would get the wrong impression if I used it, though I guess I could just display it and keep using my Freedom Planet wallet"
>Checks the price
>It's $200
>RRP, not a scalper price

I guess I definitely won't be getting it then.

Top Bottom