• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
North America's Nintendo Badge Arcade has finally released the normal Rosalina badge from the Mario & Friends set.

Needless to say, I did something on my 3DS menu, involving that badge.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I'm going to attempt to read all of the post from the previous thread, because I want to get more aquainted with everything happening here so far. I feel very unoriginal, but reading all, literally all post on the previous thread would help me. I will get to understand everyone's past a bit better, so that way I won't feel noobish. Well, I'm gonna brace myself.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I'm going to attempt to read all of the post from the previous thread, because I want to get more aquainted with everything happening here so far. I feel very unoriginal, but reading all, literally all post on the previous thread would help me. I will get to understand everyone's past a bit better, so that way I won't feel noobish. Well, I'm gonna brace myself.
Don't go too far now, it's quite the rabbit hole.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It will drain your eyes and time if you go and read all of the previous thread. Hell, I didn't even read all of the post on the previous thread, I came to Smashboards when the thread was about 50-54 pages... I don't know...
Don't go too far now, it's quite the rabbit hole.
Not just rabbit hole, it will consume your soul (Sort of)

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Then call me Alice in Wonderland, because my curiousity is going to kill kitty kats! The Chestire cat be hearing my footsteps!

I'm not actually going to read all of it due to me being there some of the parts. I'll gladly skip the "Who He Must Not Be Named Here" parts, cause that surely does consume soul and time. I'll just read 150-200 if possible, I got up to where Rosalina was announced for Smash and wowsers was it hella wild.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'll gladly skip the "Who He Must Not Be Named Here" parts, cause that surely does consume soul and time.
Well glad I wasn't there as well at that time. I was preparing for the National college/university entrance exam. Hell, I didn't know he was an a****** , and I actually forgive him at first. When I know how idiot he was, I took it back.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Looks like this badge set won't be sticking around, as it will close up shop before daybreak on Sunday. Once this badge set departs, it might not come back for quite a while, so for any North American players who own Nintendo Badge Arcade, this is your opportunity to get this Rosalina badge.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Sans titre.png

Here they are. Rosalina's stats. Why did they bother making ones for the 3DS version, honestly?
I hate them so much right now.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I know this is a weird and sudden question but I need opinions on this... What do you guys do to seek happiness in your life?

I'm just trying to figure out some stuff in life, but I'm just wondering what other people do... I have like two more questions in mind, but I can't figure out a way to phrase it without it sounding strange. I'll ask it later.
This is a bit of a late reply on my end, but I wanted to take time and really think over this kind of question and take time to think about happiness and how I seek it.

I find I'm the most happy when I approach my desires when they are the strongest. An easier example would be if I was playing an RPG and suddenly I'm in the mood for a platformer. So I switch over to that game and take the excitement as far as I can with it until I suck the energy dry for a lack of better terms. However, there are other times when I know for a fact something will bring me some amount of happiness, and I want to take that opportunity, but I feel this awkward fear that something can go wrong as if it's holding me back. Like when I apply to a job and I make it to where they want to interview me, it initially feels like my fears are holding me back where I worry that if I fail, it will make me even less happy than I was before. Sure, that feeling is normal, but I continue to aim to better myself and overcome those kinds of feelings so I can achieve happiness easier.

Generally, seeking happiness is usually based on an emotional response deep within. Although I like consistency, everything is prone to change, and I sometimes have difficulty adapting. It's still something I'm working on for myself, and in turn I allow to grow and build upon my current definition of what truly makes me happy, sometimes the change can overwhelm me. I know there are good changes, but I always hope to avoid the bad ones. Without trying to go into too much detail, I have had past experiences where I was battling depression, and still am to an extent now. I would still remember my happiest memories and remember exactly how I felt during those times, but it would still be difficult for me to grasp the feel of happiness while trying to cope with feeling emotionally ill. Changes such as depression are of course bad changes that are difficult to control. So what I do no matter what is keep myself comfortable while always reaching out to others who care and will support me. I do find happiness being with others such as friends and family, but even at times where I feel desire to hang out with a friend, I feel this fearful resistance. It is something I try to control, but perhaps I should go easier on myself.

It was interesting the way you shared your own perspective on finding happiness. The way you put it where it may involve things such as sacrifice and risk are different from approaches like mine for example, but it doesn't make them bad and they're not wrong ways to seek happiness. It's just that different methods apply to different people. I don't want to make this sound judgmental responding to the description you gave. From what you've described in your way of seeking happiness, I'd say it is a unique method that has potential to bring excitement. I can't see how it would make you a "bad person" for using that method, but perhaps it can be used as a learning experience where you can gain so much from what you get out of it. I understand that you feel conflicted by your method, but I hope having all of us share our experiences can be a reminder where you can feel good about yourself if you stay true to yourself. Just know that you're not in the wrong for how you feel or how you want to feel. Do what's best for you.

I hope my input was helpful to you and everyone else here despite how late it was. Anything that comes up from you or anyone else here, I'll be listening.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
View attachment 108887
Here they are. Rosalina's stats. Why did they bother making ones for the 3DS version, honestly?
I hate them so much right now.
What I don't really like what they did was making the newcomers exclusive, including Rosalina, to one event only. I just wanted to play as Rosalina in an event where you can actually move her, but that couldn't happen considering they have all this time to make the game. Yeah, I also think Rosalina should be in boxing because she's power type in Ultra Smash AND she's god tier in Smash 4, plus having such a tremendelous fanbase. She can be light and floaty in Smash, while heavy in the karts game. Perhaps she was excluded because she is so powerful that she would slay everyone, wiping them out of the competion. Haha, the controversies!

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I kind of think that Nintendo does NOT want Rosalina to get involved with Boxing, since a motherly person like herself has no business getting into such brutal sports. I hate the idea of seeing her in a Boxing match anyway.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I kind of think that Nintendo does NOT want Rosalina to get involved with Boxing, since a motherly person like herself has no business getting into such brutal sports. I hate the idea of seeing her in a Boxing match anyway.
If you'd think that, then should we question Luma fighting alongside with Rosalina in Smash? I do know some SoRo who sacrifices their Luma just to play as only Rosalina, I think someone said that in the previous thread around the announcment of Rosalina. I know it's technically the player and they can do anything they want with their Luma, but sacrifices of the Lumas doesn't seem motherly to me. And on the topic of Rio, what do you think of Rosalina being in Aquatics? I'm curious to what people would have to say to that.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If you'd think that, then should we question Luma fighting alongside with Rosalina in Smash? I do know some SoRo who sacrifices their Luma just to play as only Rosalina, I think someone said that in the previous thread around the announcment of Rosalina. I know it's technically the player and they can do anything they want with their Luma, but sacrifices of the Lumas doesn't seem motherly to me.
To be very fair, Rosalina does "not" force the Lumas to fight. They fight at their own free will, and Rosalina would honor their sacrifices if they do happen to fall.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's apparently National Donut Day today.

Miss Rosalina is enjoying the celebration.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Looks like this badge set won't be sticking around, as it will close up shop before daybreak on Sunday. Once this badge set departs, it might not come back for quite a while, so for any North American players who own Nintendo Badge Arcade, this is your opportunity to get this Rosalina badge.
Just when I thought I was done with the Badge Arcade, this happens.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Yet Princesses and the girliest girls can go on in boxing against anybody else...

Yeah no , Nintendo clearly doesnt care ; Rosalina can perfectly get punched and sucker punched by the likes of Litle Mac and etc in Smash as you can see so this is not really a good explanation.

She simply is a guest and Nintendo doesnt even care, point blank and period

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
It's apparently National Donut Day today.

Miss Rosalina is enjoying the celebration.

We all know what will happen if she eats too much Donuts.
Hopefully that Donut doesn't contain scary cholesterols.

To be very fair, Rosalina does "not" force the Lumas to fight. They fight at their own free will, and Rosalina would honor their sacrifices if they do happen to fall.
I know Rosalina does "not" force the Lumas to fight and all that you said, but it's the player we're talking about here. It's also while the fight is going on, and by honoring their sacrifices, what do you mean? Well, I guess they turn into stardust and

is an idea of honoring their sacrificies? I guess it does make sense.

Just when I thought I was done with the Badge Arcade, this happens.
Same, but you know the saying.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
What, was it the thing about Rosalina eating donut, where I commented on that? Looks like I took things too far again, but hey, there are no limits in the depths of space. Well, around here yes but... Yeah, I guess I am to ponder about this.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If you're referring to the one about the donut thing, I didn't bother looking at that **** because the answer was too obvious.
I kind of regret when I click it...

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Don't we all have regrets.
It has been a while since the last time I regret...

By the way, have you played Overwatch? I kind of paid attention to this game for quite some time. This may be the game that will make me buy PS4, or... I might just buy the PC version.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It has been a while since the last time I regret...

By the way, have you played Overwatch? I kind of paid attention to this game for quite some time. This may be the game that will make me buy PS4, or... I might just buy the PC version.
No, I have not played Overwatch nor do I have any interest in that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yet Princesses and the girliest girls can go on in boxing against anybody else...

Yeah no , Nintendo clearly doesnt care ; Rosalina can perfectly get punched and sucker punched by the likes of Litle Mac and etc in Smash as you can see so this is not really a good explanation.

She simply is a guest and Nintendo doesnt even care, point blank and period
Actually, Nintendo does seem to care about that stuff. Next Level Games wanted to make Peach a secret boss in Punch-Out!! Wii, but Nintendo hated the idea so they went with Donkey Kong instead.

Similarly, the developers of Skylanders Superchargers wanted to put Peach in that game and give her a "warrior princess" look with a sword (kinda like Hyrule Warriors Zelda), but Nintendo rejected that idea too.

I dunno what makes it OK for her to be boxing in the Olympics, but I would imagine it would be because the animations are much less deliberate and detailed in these games, compared to Punch-Out.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I'm so excited for Summer, I can't wait to get off of school. I found an artwork of Rosalina on tumblr, you get the vibe. This really makes me wish that Rosalina was in Super Mario Sunshine, or a sequel at least. They should make more, because I wonder what Rosalina would wear for those games. And these days she barely wears ponytails, I'd say it looks pretty good on her. Anyways, here's the picture.

Source: http://bellhenge.deviantart.com/art/Summer-Rosalina-613092381

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Oh my god this is beautiful. These sparkles made this even more Rosalina-esque.
And it makes the "Oh yeah" sound even more out of place.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Also , memoryman (user in here and other sites)

point out something interesting to me.

Its very obvious now, but i kinda never noticed.

So apparently theres some game date research of MK8 and all , and there's an order of how the characters were added to the game.

And not only that , i also never noticed that while Rosalina totally has Peach's horn , she also has one of Peach's animations.

i never noticed to be honest.

Oh my god this is beautiful. These sparkles made this even more Rosalina-esque.
And it makes the "Oh yeah" sound even more out of place.
Actually it's better than the ''YaHOOOOO'' (but i guess that we will eventually hear that when she gers a new record , ugh)
But i see the characters have shorter quotes , in the 3DS Rosalina has her MK8 speeches ''Yes! Victory'' and etc.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's pretty obvious how Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina, share some animations, because they all have the same skeleton, and really there isn't much they can do for a "waving to the crowd" animation.

It's the same with other similar characters, like Mario and Luigi, and happens in a lot of games. A lot of the humanoid characters in Hyrule Warriors share animations too because they use the same animation rig and there's always certain animations that are so common and basic that there is no point trying to add a "unique flair" because who's really gonna care?

In any case, that victory animation is perfect. Can't wait for this model rip.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Going on from my former post , i forgot to add that this is kinda similar to the fact that Rosalina's trick from the trailer was modified too

to this

I find it interesting since this is kinda the first Time Rosalina shares stuff with Peach.

I don't think Daisy has borrowed animations in MK games from Peach ever , so is very weird.

And with the horn is funny because , i played Peach and Rosalina only so i thought all the horns were the same and turns out Rosalina just has Peach horn for no reason whatsoever.

Serves it right for the new and infamous Blue Peach clone status.

EDIT : Sorry for the Double Post.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Going on from my former post , i forgot to add that this is kinda similar to the fact that Rosalina's trick from the trailer was modified too

to this

I find it interesting since this is kinda the first Time Rosalina shares stuff with Peach.

I don't think Daisy has borrowed animations in MK games from Peach ever , so is very weird.

And with the horn is funny because , i played Peach and Rosalina only so i thought all the horns were the same and turns out Rosalina just has Peach horn for no reason whatsoever.

Serves it right for the new and infamous Blue Peach clone status.

EDIT : Sorry for the Double Post.

Daisy shares multiple animations with Peach and Rosalina, like being hit by an item. Same as in previous games.

Also this is getting ridiculous. You're looking at basic animations like waving to a crowd on a victory lap, or something as simple as their horn sound effect, and using that as basis to call Rosalina a "Peach clone".

Characters that are similar enough in build (i.e. humanoid females in the case of Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina) often share animations for basic, stock animations (like walking, waving, etc) that aren't really essential to a character's personality, and are just basic actions they would all need to perform at some point in the game.

This is not Nintendo trying to make Rosalina "more like Peach". It's Nintendo using basic game design sense.

By your logic, every character in Fire Emblem: Fates is a clone of each other. Because almost any character can be almost any class, and characters in the same class and of the same sex, animate the same way regardless of their personality because it's practical to do so, development wise.

Like these two can both become each other's default classes and will animate the same in each other's classes, even though their personalities, body types, and stats are completely different.

Trying to call characters clones of each other based on something as mundane as waving to a crowd in the same way, is just the definition of obsessive nitpicking.

Last edited:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Move along, it isn't the first time that things get copypasted for the sake of sparing work.
I don't know about you, but I have never seen a school book that used different graphic assets for each chapter.
You say "but school books don't have the aim of entertaining despite it being vital when learning"
True enough, but the base reason remains, they just have one more reason.

Anyway, there's something I meant to ask:
What is/are for you the songs that best rapresent Rosalina, that made you think about her when listening and the likes? It can be any song.

Top Bottom