• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33

That's why you should always need to charge your limit breaks when you have the chance. NO TAUNTING LIKE A SHOWOFF after KOs. You will need Limit Break as a finishing touch, game changer, or a recovery saver.
Charge after get KOed.
Charge while at air.
Charge while falling.
Charge, Charge, CHARGE!!!!
Not to mention Rosalina is also vulnerable when using her recovery, if not using it carefully you will get spiked.
So I suppose taunting during battle will just get the person you're fighting even more angrier, so taunting after the battle ends, if you kill that person is more reasonable. I remember some of the taunts that actually gives damage, like Luigi's kick taunt. I wished Rosalina had those type of taunts, along with Luma of course.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Rosalina has one of the most beautiful taunt ever created. The most majestic and most salt-inducing "Mmh mmh".
I love that taunt, it feels you are actually mocking your opponent.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So I suppose taunting during battle will just get the person you're fighting even more angrier, so taunting after the battle ends, if you kill that person is more reasonable. I remember some of the taunts that actually gives damage, like Luigi's kick taunt. I wished Rosalina had those type of taunts, along with Luma of course.
The thing about Cloud is that whenever you have the opportunity, charge up the Limit Gauge. Do not waste time taunting, unless Cloud is already in Limit Break mode, because Limit Break is pretty much the only thing saving his recovery from being too awful. Without Limit Break, Cloud could see himself losing a life too soon if he's too careless.

Rosalina's recovery, on the other hand, is far better than Cloud's recovery, thanks to its long range, but even Launch Star has its flaws in that it can't deal any damage. As such, a good read by the opponent could send Rosalina packing, but as long as Rosalina doesn't fly past the blast line, Launch Star can still get her back onto the stage pretty easily; as such, opponents can't assume that they'll get the TKO on her.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Oh hey, a so called "informative" YouTube video on Super Mario Galaxy, that doesn't spread a **** ton of misinformation on Rosalina for once.

Well how 'bout that.

In fact, I learned something I never knew.

Apparently, the reason they chose to give Rosalina's final design that hair bang over her eye, was to "reflect her outward strength, but also her inward loneliness".

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Yep...

And below I just want to post these just for response to that idiot's pics, or just post for fun. I know it's late, but I was all busy and don't have time to post these screenshots.

PAY

BACK

TIME!!!
You're so goddamn sensitive...just like someone else I know. That only makes you just as bad as he is, making a response like that.

Like Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle said, it's childish.
Rosalina has one of the most beautiful taunt ever created. The most majestic and most salt-inducing "Mmh mmh".
I love that taunt, it feels you are actually mocking your opponent.
I find her down taunt to be the most beautiful, graceful of the three. <3

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Looks like we have Kawamura to thank as a strong influence for Galaxy's unforgettable soundtrack. It truly did turn out great and complemented the gameplay well. If Pikmin actually made an appearance, I would think they would have probably been used for either something Mario would have to spin to get them off as enemies or projectiles for Yoshi or something. And yes, I'm so glad they stuck with Rosalina's final design and concepts for her. I still find it fascinating how her character can even be expressed so vividly even by her design alone. Her fans surely wouldn't be nearly as passionate if she didn't have something special about her.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
... I didn't get the comic :(
The artist of that comment said:
Welcome to For Glory

It’s no use trying to be nice, Bowser - those For Glory tags will always come back to bite you in the end!

Along with this tag, others people suggested were ‘UR BAD’, ‘NOSKILL’ and ‘SELLGAME’. That last one gave me a chuckle, I have to admit!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You're so goddamn sensitive...just like someone else I know. That only makes you just as bad as he is, making a response like that.

Like Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle said, it's childish.
I big to differ to some extent, but anyway, I won't do that again. And like I said, you can't let that stupidity get away with it. I will only just do that once. Childish or not, it's my own action. And when is it banned for being childish in

one post? As long it isn't offensive and rude (And not a spam), I'm fine.
Childish, Stupid, Reckless, take tit whatever you like, I am sure I won't do that again.
I find her down taunt to be the most beautiful, graceful of the three. <3
There are times I accidentally do her down taunt with she and Luma spins. It's graceful, but it will cause a huge tragic when you are in a match...

What I meant was when you KOed your opponent (And when still match still isn't end), you have to charge your limit gauge. No taunting because you will waste some time. Some people does that to make people angry, some just for joke.

Rosalina's recovery, on the other hand, is far better than Cloud's recovery, thanks to its long range, but even Launch Star has its flaws in that it can't deal any damage. As such, a good read by the opponent could send Rosalina packing, but as long as Rosalina doesn't fly past the blast line, Launch Star can still get her back onto the stage pretty easily; as such, opponents can't assume that they'll get the TKO on her.
Rosalina's recovery is indeed better than Cloud's Climate Hazzard. However, Climate Hazzard with Limit gauge charged makes it one of the best recovery in the game. With nearly the same recovery height as Shulk's air slash with Jump monado art on. And it can also be a great OOS move that has a huge KO potential.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I big to differ to some extent, but anyway, I won't do that again. And like I said, you can't let that stupidity get away with it. I will only just do that once. Childish or not, it's my own action. And when is it banned for being childish in

one post? As long it isn't offensive and rude (And not a spam), I'm fine.
Childish, Stupid, Reckless, take tit whatever you like, I am sure I won't do that again.

There are times I accidentally do her down taunt with she and Luma spins. It's graceful, but it will cause a huge tragic when you are in a match...

What I meant was when you KOed your opponent (And when still match still isn't end), you have to charge your limit gauge. No taunting because you will waste some time. Some people does that to make people angry, some just for joke.

Rosalina's recovery is indeed better than Cloud's Climate Hazzard. However, Climate Hazzard with Limit gauge charged makes it one of the best recovery in the game. With nearly the same recovery height as Shulk's air slash with Jump monado art on. And it can also be a great OOS move that has a huge KO potential.
I know what you meant, I mean that it's more easier to taunt after you KO that person at their last stock. I've seen that most Lvl. 9 CPUs don't taunt after KO, because they would usually sheild or dodge when their enemy attacks. You're right, I completely understand the concept of using Cloud's technique when fighting other people.

Me neither. There's something that I'm just not understanding with the name tag above Bowser.
I said this to him before, that the artist elaborated on the picture. You can find it at:
https://www.tumblr.com/search/Rosalina/recent

The artist stated:
Welcome to For Glory

It’s no use trying to be nice, Bowser - those For Glory tags will always come back to bite you in the end!
Along with this tag, others people suggested were ‘UR BAD’, ‘NOSKILL’ and ‘SELLGAME’. That last one gave me a chuckle, I have to admit!

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Me neither. There's something that I'm just not understanding with the name tag above Bowser.
I don't know what that name tag meant as well...

I know what you meant, I mean that it's more easier to taunt after you KO that person at their last stock. I've seen that most Lvl. 9 CPUs don't taunt after KO, because they would usually sheild or dodge when their enemy attacks. You're right, I completely understand the concept of using Cloud's technique when fighting other people.
Yeah, always go and watch some guides about Cloud. Mew2King made one before, go check it out.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Perhaps it was just Bowser's player who wanted to use that tag and Bowser had it above him not on purpose. Maybe we can give him the benefit of the doubt and say it doesn't line up with what he is actually thinking. Besides, has he truly proven himself to be totally non-trustworthy all the time?

Seems reasonable enough to me.

*Hugs the Bowz*

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
It's a bit crappy, but here's a video where of a Mii in Rosalina's costume, for the 3DS at the Rio game. I do not know if there are bad words, it's just random sounds and comment from the player. So it doesn't matter if you mute it.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's a bit crappy, but here's a video where of a Mii in Rosalina's costume, for the 3DS at the Rio game. I do not know if there are bad words, it's just random sounds and comment from the player. So it doesn't matter if you mute it.

Ok...
I don't think I'm gonna dress my Mii as Rosalina in Rio 2016 game on the 3DS...

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hell no I ain't gonna waste my hard *** working money on that. I probably ain't getting the Wii U version either.
I'm savin my money for Cloud,Roy, and Bayonetta amiibo. Smash Bros diorama, and FE Fates Conquest.

And speaking of Olympics, not just M&S at the Olympic games, even the real event isn't looking pretty. London 2012 everyone says it's gonna suck, but it turn out fair well. But Rio is now suffering many problems like Zika virus.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo will do something big when Tokyo 2020 is on it's way, but even Tokyo 2020 Olympics face many problems as well. Like their logo, if you guys think they taken down the first logo mainly because of plagiarism, it's actually not. It's because of public suppression, many people found out the designer also had it's previous works also being claim of plagiarism. So the designer decide to take down his logo. And this is just my own opinion though, the new version doesn't look great, you really can't tell this logo has any sign of Japanese culture...at least in the outsider's view... and only use the color blue in a positive sport event? Kind of pessimistic of you ask me...

I actually think the first version of the logo is better...

And by the way, about your avatar Tino Tino , I kind of forgot her name... she seems to be popular , I think...

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That would be Setsuna. She's not that popular from what I hear.
Yeah, I remember it was Felicia was the one who is popular.

I prefer Peri though... we all like girl characters with a bang in front of their face.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Yeah, I remember it was Felicia was the one who is popular.

I prefer Peri though... we all like girl characters with a bang in front of their face.
From what I've heard, Oboro is the most popular...or was it Camilla? But Felicia is a great character as well.
And Peri's got problems and I'm not talking about her childish demeanor.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Bayonetta may not be as powerful as she was before this patch, but I think she will still be fun to play. I just saw ZeRo's analysis video and I'm kinda just hoping it means the community won't be as mad at her. And of course, how fun the characters are to play as are really what matters to me personally. I don't think Rosalina was changed at all if I remember correctly. And I'm finally also able to see how fun Bayonetta's original games are now since I got the first print version of Bayonetta 2 for my birthday today.

C3CC

Smash Lord
There's a doubt I have about Rosalina's voice in Smash. It is well known that she's voiced by Kerri Kane, but the question is: where did those voice clips come from?

I can recognize some from Mario Kart 7, like her giggle and her "Alright!" when she wins a match. Others, however, I had never heard before, especially her screams when she gets KOd or Star KOd. Maybe they went unused in Mario Kart 7? But if that's the case, why would she scream with so much "passion" in Mario Kart? Personally, I think that Rosalina's voice comes from a mix of both old voice clips along with newly recorded ones, but I could be wrong.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
There's a doubt I have about Rosalina's voice in Smash. It is well known that she's voiced by Kerri Kane, but the question is: where did those voice clips come from?

I can recognize some from Mario Kart 7, like her giggle and her "Alright!" when she wins a match. Others, however, I had never heard before, especially her screams when she gets KOd or Star KOd. Maybe they went unused in Mario Kart 7? But if that's the case, why would she scream with so much "passion" in Mario Kart? Personally, I think that Rosalina's voice comes from a mix of both old voice clips along with newly recorded ones, but I could be wrong.
Actually Kerri Kane confirmed herself that the recordings you hear in Smash , and Mario Golf World Tour are a mix of her takes on Mario Kart 7 with some unused sounds that didn't make it to the game. She even went so far to comment that while there are unused sounds that you hear in Smash , there's still more left that haven't been featured in games. Also she has said that she recorded plenty of clips , that where maybe meant to be used in later games as proven.

This also happens currently with Laura Faye Smith for example , as in Super Mario 3D World she has a toooon of clips and yet , while many are reused in Mario Party 10 , some unused recordings are present when you hear Rosalina celebrating , when she goes like ''Whooo Yey!'' when getting mini stars for example.

This is true considering at some point Laura didn't know Nintendo used her voice in MP10 , Which means she did not record clips for the game and thus the ones you hear are reused from 3D World mixed with unused ones.

Furthermore , in the MK8 trailer revealing Rosalina , we can clearly hear Rosalina going ''Wahahaha'' during her glider section and yet this clip is missing from the game , to be later featured in Ultra Smash when Rosalina gets a mega Mushroom.

In the same game Rosalina says 'Oh Yes!'' when she wins , which is likely to be a unused quote from MK8 , as all her voices are reused from MK8 , like the other characters returning from that game.

In other words , it's a mix of MK7 clips with unused ones , there's even clips from Mario Golf World Tour , when Rosalina attacks and randomly says Woo! , it's from that game.

In my opinion the real questions are:

1) Why are some people saying that ''Kerri did better'' in Smash when the majority of the clips are straight from MK7 , so this statement doesn't make any sense.

2) When Smash was released , Rosalina already changed voice actresses , and Laura Faye Smith record Plenty of material that could easily be used in Smash ; So why use Kerri Kane and not her?

I would assume the client A.K.A Nintendo favored Kerri Kane more in this particular game , but i wouldn't know for sure. Maybe it was Sakurai personal choice (lol jk)

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
From what I've heard, Oboro is the most popular...or was it Camilla? But Felicia is a great character as well.
And Peri's got problems and I'm not talking about her childish demeanor.
No, according to Japan survey, female Corrin(Kamui) is the most popular. And based on FE Fates trading card artwork, she is biased torwards the Nohr (Conquest route), and yeah my brother did bought the cards
Yes, she does, and I bet you are talking about her affection to blood and her quotes, those are also the reasons why I think she is awesome.

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
My personal favorite (eg. most attractive) Fates character is Beruka, the deadly serious assassin with no social life or hobbies. Anything I've found of people talking about her is only about comparing her to Solid Snape though, so I've a feeling she's underrated.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
My personal favorite (eg. most attractive) Fates character is Beruka, the deadly serious assassin with no social life or hobbies. Anything I've found of people talking about her is only about comparing her to Solid Snape though, so I've a feeling she's underrated.
Another cool thing about her is that she is immune to poison.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

They were archived clips from Mario Kart 7. If I had to guess, I'd say that they weren't used for the very reason that you say they couldn't have come from Mario Kart. They couldn't have been newly recorded because Laura Faye Smith was Rosalina's voice actor at the time of Smash 4's development and release.

This segues nicely into something I've wanted to say for a while: I hate Laura Faye Smith as Rosalina, I really do. The voice is nice, but it doesn't fit Rosalina at all. Kerri Kane was decent, but Mercedes Rose was undoubtedly the best Rosalina voice actor. Why did they drop her in the first place? She was perfect.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Ehhh that's very argueable to be honest.

It's not secret that most fans and not fans of the character have a noticeable preference for Mercedes Rose portrayal as Rosalina ; because above all details and reasons , bottom line is that her ''Rosalina'' standed out the most between , her , Kerri and Laura.

When i had a little conversation about it with Kerri Kane , the best guess she could give me was that the first recast was most likely because they wanted someone that sounded significantly younger for Rosalina , which can be considered as true since both Kerri Kane and Laura Faye Smith , while not sounding similar , at least sound younger and significantly more cheerful than Mercedes Rose did.

Little did Nintendo know , that nobody really appreacited this sudden change as it was really not needed to be quite honest.

This role in the end would be in the hands of Kerri Kane if she didn't relocate from seattle to california , and that's why she dropped Rosalina and the reason of Why Laura took over.

Now , what i don't get , is why they didn't recast a match for Rosalina that sounded like Kerri Kane?

While Kerri sounds significantly different than Mercedes , they both have the ''it'' factor that makes you say ''oh that's Rosalina and not Peach'' for example. And it's not really the filter , it's just how they speak and deliver.

While i have been very critical of Laura's portrayal in recent installments , i must still question why Nintendo decided to cast her when she doesn't sound like Kerri Kane whatsoever. It makes sense she doesn't sound like Mercedes because the point of all the recasts was to find somebody else that was not sounding like her , so that's it , but still i don't understand it.

No shade to her though , since i particulary enjoyed her First take on Rosalina in SM3DWorld which was really good , especially comparing to Mario Kart 8 which wasn't the worst in the game , but it's totally a weak portrayal comparing it either to 3D World or to MK7 or MKWii .

I have come to the conclusion that Laura can portray Rosalina just fine , but then again , this is not what Nintendo wants. It has been perfectly clear by the fact that Rosalina has 100+ sounds in 3D World which are just fine , and yet most appearences of Rosalina featuring Laura's vocals use MK8 clips , which are the ''bad'' ones since they are just soooooo happy to fit her facial expressions.

In other words , blame Nintendo as usual , for fixing what was not broken.

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
So I'm not sure if it's ok or not to ask here but are any of you guys good at making textures? There have been custom Rosalina texture edits going around for Smash Wii U but there hasn't been one that has been what I expected

I was hoping someone would make something like this

I was told this is quite difficult to make but I thought I should at least try and ask you guys since I have seen some discussions about textures every now and again.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Ehhh that's very argueable to be honest.

It's not secret that most fans and not fans of the character have a noticeable preference for Mercedes Rose portrayal as Rosalina ; because above all details and reasons , bottom line is that her ''Rosalina'' standed out the most between , her , Kerri and Laura.

When i had a little conversation about it with Kerri Kane , the best guess she could give me was that the first recast was most likely because they wanted someone that sounded significantly younger for Rosalina , which can be considered as true since both Kerri Kane and Laura Faye Smith , while not sounding similar , at least sound younger and significantly more cheerful than Mercedes Rose did.

Little did Nintendo know , that nobody really appreacited this sudden change as it was really not needed to be quite honest.

This role in the end would be in the hands of Kerri Kane if she didn't relocate from seattle to california , and that's why she dropped Rosalina and the reason of Why Laura took over.

Now , what i don't get , is why they didn't recast a match for Rosalina that sounded like Kerri Kane?

While Kerri sounds significantly different than Mercedes , they both have the ''it'' factor that makes you say ''oh that's Rosalina and not Peach'' for example. And it's not really the filter , it's just how they speak and deliver.

While i have been very critical of Laura's portrayal in recent installments , i must still question why Nintendo decided to cast her when she doesn't sound like Kerri Kane whatsoever. It makes sense she doesn't sound like Mercedes because the point of all the recasts was to find somebody else that was not sounding like her , so that's it , but still i don't understand it.

No shade to her though , since i particulary enjoyed her First take on Rosalina in SM3DWorld which was really good , especially comparing to Mario Kart 8 which wasn't the worst in the game , but it's totally a weak portrayal comparing it either to 3D World or to MK7 or MKWii .

I have come to the conclusion that Laura can portray Rosalina just fine , but then again , this is not what Nintendo wants. It has been perfectly clear by the fact that Rosalina has 100+ sounds in 3D World which are just fine , and yet most appearences of Rosalina featuring Laura's vocals use MK8 clips , which are the ''bad'' ones since they are just soooooo happy to fit her facial expressions.

In other words , blame Nintendo as usual , for fixing what was not broken.
If you ask me, Faye Smith would make a great Peach, but her Rosalina just leaves a lot to be desired. Kerri Kane sounded different, but she still sounded like a mysterious space goddess would sound. I don't get that from Faye Smith at all, and that's why I don't like her. Mercedes Rose, while not as emotional as the other two, nonetheless captured Rosalina's essence better than her successors.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
i disagree.

Laura Faye Smith doesn't literally sound like Peach, at least not 100% if we want to be technical , yet many of her clips portray Rosalina as girly as Peach is , and as active as Daisy could be , and that's the worst point for her.
Peach voice is very unatural and cartoony for the most part , as it's just like that of Minnie Mouse , very high and girly and doesn't come ut as very natural ; However Rosalina is suppoused to sound more ''real'' and mature , which i think Laura can deliver greatly , and yet sometimes it sounds way too forced when she goes ''weeeee'' .

However , only Sam Kelly has succeded into portraying Peach with consistency (for Jen Taylor by sounding identical) and her overall delivering is better in most cases , specially in games such as Smash.

Laura Faye Smith could be great in her role if Nintendo cared about making it consistent enough

http://s1.vocaroo.com/media/download_temp/Vocaroo_s1rIL8AyMr4T.mp3

But saddly , they want a more ''Mario'' approach for Rosalina , and thus she ends up sounding like everybody else , happy as hell by no real reason.

I expect that , if there's a Mario Galaxy 3 , they allow her to be more mysterious and serious instead of just being happy and bubbly. But i will take anything regarding Nintendo with the biggest grain of salt , as they have dissapointed greatly me in these years.

Last edited:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
^^Well, it's not like a voice needs the most emotional possible to rapresent a character, Rosalina is one istance and that's why that voice captured the character better
However, I don't really think that the other two did their job wrong
Rosalina had hardly ever any facial animation in Galaxy, a state of reduced emotions that almost fell into complete apathy if it wasn't for a bunch of sorrowful moments and a single smile. Mercedes was able to rapresent this very well, but there the character was something very outwordly for the Mario series, and while it ain't no PiT, the same goes for the game itself. However, I think that the other two did a better job when it wasn't about that the game, where everything merged together on a lightearted direction; in other words, I think that Mercedes failed back in MKWii when the character was to be amalgamated with the series as a whole, bit this is me.
There's this whole thing that some character have their personality changed to fit into the whole pace of the media.
Surely they could've gone the other way around and outline every character as a different personality like happens in Smash, wich does as well make the game more alive as a whole to me, too bad that, I don't think I need to say it, that didn't happen in the other games; but Kerri and Smith rapresented this amalgamated character that was in those games and I think they did a pretty good job

Last edited:
Top Bottom