• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
My cousin gave me that amiiqo thing that let's me have any amiibo I want (kinda surprising he gave me that), but I rarely ever use it because it's so tedious swapping through different ones. I'd still rather buy amiibo that I really want, like the new Rosalina amiibo, Callie and Marie from Splatoon, and Bayonetta. I like having amiibo in the sense that they're tangible, physical objects because they look really nice and neat to hold. It just feels good to have the ones you want and to take care of your collection.
That amiiqo thing is a fraud, don't buy it. I would rather buy the figures instead of a small mod platform base.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
That amiiqo thing is a fraud, don't buy it. I would rather buy the figures instead of a small mod platform base.
Well I never did buy it, but my cousin gave one to me because he said he accidentally got two by the seller. I have no idea where he got it from, but it doesn't seem to be a scam since it actually works. I almost never use it though since I like buying amiibo figurines, using them, and adding them to my collection.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well I never did buy it, but my cousin gave one to me because he said he accidentally got two by the seller. I have no idea where he got it from, but it doesn't seem to be a scam since it actually works. I almost never use it though since I like buying amiibo figurines, using them, and adding them to my collection.
But it just doesn't worth of buying imo.
I already know that thing since last year August.
**** Shulk. :yeahboi:
What's wrong with Shulk?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My cousin gave me that amiiqo thing that let's me have any amiibo I want (kinda surprising he gave me that), but I rarely ever use it because it's so tedious swapping through different ones. I'd still rather buy amiibo that I really want, like the new Rosalina amiibo, Callie and Marie from Splatoon, and Bayonetta. I like having amiibo in the sense that they're tangible, physical objects because they look really nice and neat to hold. It just feels good to have the ones you want and to take care of your collection.
Does that thing let you save backups of your amiibo data?

If so, I might get one some time.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Last time I checked, it says you can save tons of amiibo datas.

And say, your avatar is Rinka, once I got FE Fates and Premiium again, I might change my profile avatar to a FE character I like too.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I'm pretty much just satisfied with having one save file in each of my amiibo, particularly with Smash since it takes about 2 hours each to get them to level 50. Ever since I started getting them, I've always treated them like Super Smash Bros. trophies in real life. That's why my collection is set up starting from the original 12, to Melee vets, to Brawl vets, to Smash 4 newcomers. After that it's non-Smash characters. I avoid collecting variants of characters if it's either just in a different line-up or in a different color. Good thing they're not nearly as expensive as they used to be. Still trying to be strategic when buying new ones though. Last one I snagged was Ryu for $12 even. Roy is still in stock, so I'll probably get him soon. Robin and Lucina are about $17 on ebay now, but I'm still waiting for a potential restock.

Although I have Rosalina after going through great lengths to import her last year, I'm still pretty baffled on how she never had an American restock in any way, shape, or form after Target had their only supply for about 30 minutes. Her Super Mario variant should satisfy those who still need her, but seeing the Smash one return would be nice too.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm pretty much just satisfied with having one save file in each of my amiibo, particularly with Smash since it takes about 2 hours each to get them to level 50. Ever since I started getting them, I've always treated them like Super Smash Bros. trophies in real life. That's why my collection is set up starting from the original 12, to Melee vets, to Brawl vets, to Smash 4 newcomers. After that it's non-Smash characters. I avoid collecting variants of characters if it's either just in a different line-up or in a different color. Good thing they're not nearly as expensive as they used to be. Still trying to be strategic when buying new ones though. Last one I snagged was Ryu for $12 even. Roy is still in stock, so I'll probably get him soon. Robin and Lucina are about $17 on ebay now, but I'm still waiting for a potential restock.

Although I have Rosalina after going through great lengths to import her last year, I'm still pretty baffled on how she never had an American restock in any way, shape, or form after Target had their only supply for about 30 minutes. Her Super Mario variant should satisfy those who still need her, but seeing the Smash one return would be nice too.
Rosalina did get a restock or two at Target, but they went by in a few hours.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just hope Super Mario series Rosalina isn't rare or exclusive, at least not to the point of Smash Rosalina.

On one hand, making her so rare makes sense because her popularity drives up demand and hype.

On the other, she's getting as well known as the core Mario characters and is one of the most beloved Mario characters, she should have more to go around as plenty of people want one.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298

Oh yeah, that is a neat thing about it. You can actually save backups of your amiibo data. I made a backup of my Rosalina amiibo on it just so I could take it with me for my 3DS games (cuz I'm not bring a delicate figure in my backpack since it could get broken). I don't know if you can rewrite the amiibo with it's own backup data. I could probably test that, if you want me to. If you wanna get it, I could ask my cousin where he got it from and then tell you.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh yeah, that is a neat thing about it. You can actually save backups of your amiibo data. I made a backup of my Rosalina amiibo on it just so I could take it with me for my 3DS games (cuz I'm not bring a delicate figure in my backpack since it could get broken). I don't know if you can rewrite the amiibo with it's own backup data. I could probably test that, if you want me to. If you wanna get it, I could ask my cousin where he got it from and then tell you.
I think I saw it on Amazon a while ago, it works with Skylanders too IIRC.

But yeah just test that and I'll probably get it sometime in the future, maybe around Christmas.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I think I saw it on Amazon a while ago, it works with Skylanders too IIRC.

But yeah just test that and I'll probably get it sometime in the future, maybe around Christmas.
I didn't know it could work with Skylanders (but I wouldn't know since I don't have one). Let me know how it goes if you get one in the future.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I'm just glad she's becoming so popular, I wish that she could make a cameo in other games beside just the Mario titles. Like how Link made his way into Mario Karty 8.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Rosalina has always been popular so its not really a big deal anymore that she appears more often.

In fact , at this point , the surprise would be that she doesnt appear at all.

Kinda wish they let her be part of another main game instead of low tier party spin off games ; Rosalina sadly missed all the glorious Mario Parties , Mario Tennis , The Striker games and the Baseball games.

Which is a surprise to me. Maybe She actually debuted as playable in Mario Kart in 2008 , and she could easily be included the rest of the games but i guess she wasnt that popular at the time even if she standed out since her debut.

The game i am upset that she missed is Mario Tennis Open , because she was going to be in the game and that's a little frustrating considering her debut is in the low tier Mario Tennis Ultra Smash.

She also Missed Mario Party 9 , which has more content than 10.

and Missed Mario Super Sluggers , which is sad since literally everybody is in that game.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Which is a surprise to me. Maybe She actually debuted as playable in Mario Kart in 2008 , and she could easily be included the rest of the games but i guess she wasnt that popular at the time even if she standed out since her debut.
They've flat out stated that the reason Rosalina appeared in anything after Galaxy (including Mario Kart Wii), was because of popularity, in the 3D World Iwata Asks.

So that's not why she appeared scarcely for a while.

I think the reason she didn't appear in a lot of games for a while was creative reasons. They didn't really know how to implement the character into these games, which was partly because of her backstory and role. Notice how Rosalina hasn't really appeared in any game with a story mode since the Galaxy games, or at least hasn't shown up within the story modes of these games. She's made a cameo in the new Mario & Sonic game but that's it and those games don't even have much of a story, it's mostly just your Mii going through the Olympics. I also don't think she will be in Paper Mario Colour Splash seeing as they seem to be sticking with the NSMB cast (even the Koopalings are confirmed for it now). While it should theoretically be easy to give Rosalina a role in these games (if not as part of the main story, then at least give her a post game thing), Nintendo/Yoshiaki Koizumi seem to be against doing anything too over the top with her for now.

I'm sure it'll happen eventually though. IMO the best case scenario for Rosalina is to give her a franchise to call her own, like Yoshi and Wario. It makes even more sense for her because she's even more far removed from what people's typical impression of Mario characters is, and there's more they could do with her in terms of abilities.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
They've flat out stated that the reason Rosalina appeared in anything after Galaxy (including Mario Kart Wii), was because of popularity, in the 3D World Iwata Asks.

So that's not why she appeared scarcely for a while.

I think the reason she didn't appear in a lot of games for a while was creative reasons. They didn't really know how to implement the character into these games, which was partly because of her backstory and role. Notice how Rosalina hasn't really appeared in any game with a story mode since the Galaxy games, or at least hasn't shown up within the story modes of these games. She's made a cameo in the new Mario & Sonic game but that's it and those games don't even have much of a story, it's mostly just your Mii going through the Olympics. I also don't think she will be in Paper Mario Colour Splash seeing as they seem to be sticking with the NSMB cast (even the Koopalings are confirmed for it now). While it should theoretically be easy to give Rosalina a role in these games (if not as part of the main story, then at least give her a post game thing), Nintendo/Yoshiaki Koizumi seem to be against doing anything too over the top with her for now.

I'm sure it'll happen eventually though. IMO the best case scenario for Rosalina is to give her a franchise to call her own, like Yoshi and Wario. It makes even more sense for her because she's even more far removed from what people's typical impression of Mario characters is, and there's more they could do with her in terms of abilities.
Darn it! I still haven't watch that one Iwata ask video for 3D World, thanks alot procrastination! I'll try to watch it while I can, because I'm also curious of why Rosalina got popular quick. Is it because she's pretty? Is it because she's powerful and divine? Or is it the way her character developes as a whole? These are the question I tend to think whenever I see the Lady of the Shooting Stars arises from the ashes of the past to claim her victory.

Rosalina having her own franchise seems like a really big step, don't you think? I mean, if we were to give Rosalina a franchise all of a sudden, I can't imagine how that would turn out. I like the idea, but I'm unsure at the same time. This is your opinion, and I respect that. Your idea of giving Rosalina a franchise is great, however, it may clash with the Smash 4 game in which the Mushroom Symbol shows how her franchise already belongs in Mario resulting in people's confusion. They'd be like: "Rosalina belongs in Mario!" while some says "Rosalina has her franchise, she does not belong in Mario!" These are just examples of my prediction if Rosalina were to get her franchise. I'd personally prefer Rosalina having her own games in which she's the heroine and she rescues the one she loves from the evil ones and protect the cosmos like she usually does. Overall, your ideal desire for Rosalina's future is very good, and just know that it's never impossible.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Giving Rosalina her own game series would be the smartest thing Nintendo has ever done in a long ass time.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

Rosalina new render. High quality render!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Rosalina new render. High quality render!

Beat me to it.

It looks beautiful though, I want to see the high res, stand alone one.

Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong also got updated renders for it.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Either my eyes are deceiving me, or that new Rosalina artwork on the packaging shows her with a little smile.
rosie comparison.jpg

I don't think that is a smile, but it's not as poker-faced as her older artwork either. Or that's just the warmer colors.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Her mouth line is more of a v-shape rather than a curved line. That's what looks different to me in the new render. Still, whatever software Nintendo is using to make these beautiful renders is quite amazing, just like the ones from Mario Party 10.

Also, there's this match between Dabuz and Ryo. The game is running custom textures, so Rosalina and Roy look different. I should also mention that Luma's voice is replaced by Snake from MGS. It makes me laugh every time XD. It's just so stupid. :p

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Nice remix of her theme. I suppose the Luma's theme is totally counted in her own theme now?
Seems so, every recent game has added it.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Nice remix of her theme. I suppose the Luma's theme is totally counted in her own theme now?
Seems so, every recent game has added it.
Yeah, the apparently didn't even do much of that this time.

There's no Dream Events, so they have no place for them.
I'm happy that remixes did indeed have a place in the game :4lemmy:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
i Honestly dont understand why Nintendo doesnt update the renders of standard characters in a same set.

Now We Have Rosalina we an updated render , But Mario himself uses an old one for the Amiibo box .

Nintendo is clearly loving the new style they used in Mario Party 10 with all that exxagerated lighting and colors.

Wario , Daisy and Waluigi need an new render as well , they dont share any with the characters that got a new one in Mario Party 10

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Her mouth line is more of a v-shape rather than a curved line. That's what looks different to me in the new render. Still, whatever software Nintendo is using to make these beautiful renders is quite amazing, just like the ones from Mario Party 10.

Also, there's this match between Dabuz and Ryo. The game is running custom textures, so Rosalina and Roy look different. I should also mention that Luma's voice is replaced by Snake from MGS. It makes me laugh every time XD. It's just so stupid. :p
>That first match

Come on.

Some of the mistakes there were just terrible. And I don't even play Smash anymore.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't care if I already have her Smash amiibo; I WILL HAVE THIS ONE TOO

and if this new one works in Smash, I'll have them duke it out for supremacy mwahahaha
So am I. I am going to leave my university tomorrow and I may work in order to get some cash for amiibos and other stuff.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Better image of the current results

Noice.

And man, these custom Gamecube controllers made by controller chaos sure looks sweet. There is Rosalina version. Me I might either pick GENISIS 3 version (Because it looks coll imo, and Dabuz got 2nd on that tournament) or make my own design.

Recently they made CEO edition, also looks fantastic.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can't believe this.. Toad is SECOND?! I can't believe he's that popular despite Nintendo going crazy with Toad fever and shoving him in every single nook and cranny (I'm looking at you Color Splash).
To be fair, Toad would be a lot of craic to hang out with, he's a mad yolk.

And the problem with the recent Paper Mario's isn't necessarily using a lot of Toads, the problem is they are all the same. The old games had original Toads with unique outfits and features.

Top Bottom