• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Tl;dr
This topic shouldn't be taken too seriously.
Not to bring it up again but i would like to reply to you to give it closure on my side.

In the end , what kinda bothered me in this situtation is that the conversation no matter what was very cordial and the voice acting topic was not even here. On my end , what i was talking about , was the credits , and that was clearly derailed to something else that i was not approaching.

Its also not true that it was around before , because lasts pages we were talking about Amiibos , new renders , dresses and etc.

Even if the topic comes in frequently , which is for a reason , i have come to understand that as long as we keep it civil we can talk about it every now and then . While some people feel it gets old , i also feel the same way about the Princess Not Princess topic , yet i have never voiced my disconfort until last page, because some people here bring it up even more than the voice acting topic , and thats true.

For portrayal , the voice is not everything , but its important in games and in real life. Each person has 1 tone and voice which is unique to them and thats part of who they are . This applies to characters too , so again , while the topic WAS NOT being adressed and yet somehow still managed to be mentioned , it is kinda important because its part of what kind of character Rosalina is in this case.

Sure , i would be willing to accept that low tier party games DO NOT represent her actual character , but i would also want Rosalina to have some consistent portrayal. The root of the problem and the issue is not because 1 actress is better than the other , is that all the other characters do have 1 specific voice that blends with their mannerism , animations and descriptions. Rosalina having 3 different voices in a small gap of time is clearly kinda annoying because this makes her not have 1 consistent portrayal , unlike Mario , Luigi , Peach , Wario , Waluigi , Daisy , Toadette , Toad , Yoshi and DK . Basically all the main cast , and Rosalina is the only one that has this little annoying thing going on.

Again , the point im trying to make is not to bash the current Voice or to go on again and again stating preferences , in the end i really feel her current voice portrayal can work under different circunstances. I feel that Laura Faye Smith was just unlucky she got the low tier party games aside from 3D World , where she truly standed out.

Another point i will finally adress is that , i dont agree that ANYONE can voice Rosalina and that it takes little to be as good as the selected voice actresses.

To be honest i feel insulted by this because, this people are professionals and they dedicate their lives to acting and they are picked by a huge company like Nintendo to use their talent. No matter if they only make sounds , they still succeed at that and making it feel beliveable.

I relate because as a graphic desing student , this is the same as if someone says to me that a person who knows how to use photoshop is on the same level as a graphic designer.

Girl bye. That will NEVER be the case , and its insulting because this is saying that anybody can do the job of somebody who has spent their lives into learning and growing as a professional.

This is also the reason why i care so much about the credits. People do their job and they deserve to be credited , maybe most of you dont see it but for Laura Faye Smith as a professional actress to not to be credited and the credit goes to someone else is a slap in the face , and i dont tolerate that , its just a principle of mine and thats why im so glad she finally got her credits.

Bottom line is that , the topic was never the insight of voices and preferences like it has been in the past , the topic was an announcement. The fact it got derailed is beyond me and my expectations because that was not what i was approaching.

Sorry for the long comment but i need to take that out , again by being as cordial as possible , because some things said are fair and others straight off pissed me off a bit .

We can move on from this , again.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
And if you guys did not know. Many Youtubers finally realized that YouTube is removing subs from them at the same time. As a viewer the downside of this is that there are chance that you might get removed as well. Which cause some channels I used to sub went unsubbed abd removed from my sub channel list. Oddly enough I can still get new videos from them.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
But those scenes still focused on those characters. Clearly indicating she was speaking to them. They were the ones on screen.

This was not the case with the secret ending. She deliberately and directly addresses the player, and makes "eye contact" with them. Mario is nowhere in scene and was not referenced. It was a direct dialogue with the player, meant as a reward, and tied into the storybook, making the players connection with Rosalina more personal. And then it had a small sequel hook at the end.

This is why misconceptions on Rosalina exist. Mario fans seem to miss even the simplest things and end up extrapolating it into something way more complex through grasping at straws.
But I don't have any misconceptions on Rosalina except for who she thanked at the end. I understood the scene and who she thanked, the player, so I really don't have anything against your points, just that I agree. Even so some of my statements looks like it disagree, I still know that she thanked the player.

I'm a bit more worried on what to say to people who says that Rosalina isn't a literal god of the Mario universe or a Mario mascot, there are still some but they're not really haters. They are the one that has more misconceptions on Rosalina.

Yeah, Peach and Rosalina are the girly girls!

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
This is the most random thing I'm about to say, but while I was reading these posts, a big a** cockroach (the size of 2 thumbs) crawled on my foot out of nowhere and I flicked it across the room. I got so pissed I smashed it with my sandal. The weird part is that it didn't even freak me out when I saw it crawling all over my foot, I just got angry (like the Hulk).

EDIT: I guess I should mention that it was near my bed as well, and I'm about to go to sleep. I honestly hope I don't get anymore in the middle of the night while I'm in bed.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
This is the most random thing I'm about to say, but while I was reading these posts, a big a** cockroach (the size of 2 thumbs) crawled on my foot out of nowhere and I flicked it across the room. I got so pissed I smashed it with my sandal. The weird part is that it didn't even freak me out when I saw it, I just got angry.
Ugh, I don't like bugs either especially cockroaches. Anytime I see one, I'd yelp, panic or get jumpy. They just BUG me that much! I heard they can live up to 300 years, or so. And also that they survive nuclear explosions, they're a tough nut to crack!

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Ugh, I don't like bugs either especially cockroaches. Anytime I see one, I'd yelp, panic or get jumpy. They just BUG me that much!
Well I guess no one really likes bugs in general, so it's normal (unless you study them). I did edit my post a bit btw. Whenever I see a bug, like a cockroach or a spider, I get super silent and go get something to kill em' with. I personally find them more annoying than gross (especially in the summer). The only time I think they're gross is when their guts spill out when you kill them (then cleaning up the mess is annoying too) XP

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
But I don't have any misconceptions on Rosalina except for who she thanked at the end. I understood the scene and who she thanked, the player, so I really don't have anything against your points, just that I agree. Even so some of my statements looks like it disagree, I still know that she thanked the player.

I'm a bit more worried on what to say to people who says that Rosalina isn't a literal god of the Mario universe or a Mario mascot, there are still some but they're not really haters. They are the one that has more misconceptions on Rosalina.

Yeah, Peach and Rosalina are the girly girls!
I don't think going on a shopping trip is girly.

I'm a guy and I plan to go on a shopping trip when I head to London in a month.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
You obviously don't know when girls do things with other girls . If you go shopping it's not the same as a girl with going with her best female friend shopping. The comment Daisy made is more about her being more tomboyish though , it's more about herself

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You obviously don't know when girls do things with other girls . If you go shopping it's not the same as a girl with going with her best female friend shopping. The comment Daisy made is more about her being more tomboyish though , it's more about herself
Uuuuuh, I have a sister you know, I know what girls are like shopping.

I'm going shopping with one of my best friends too.

I'm saying that there is nothing "girly girl" about going shopping. It doesn't even say what they are going to shop for.

Besides, Daisy's totally BSing anyway and isn't much of a tomboy regardless.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Again guys miss this point a lot . I go out with my brother too and it's a stretch . Going out with the girls when you are one too you not only shop , you talk about personal stuff , maybe about Guys , go to drink , spend seer all hours in the stores to try out shoes and etc. Even if it's so stereotypic , this is what is like . I don't think most males understand that concept , the same way they don't see to understand why girls go to bathrooms in groups. And maybe Daisy went out with Peach but decided not to go when Peach went out with Rosalina for some reason. I was clearly not the same trip

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Again guys miss this point a lot . I go out with my brother too and it's a stretch . Going out with the girls when you are one too you not only shop , you talk about personal stuff , maybe about Guys , go to drink , spend seer all hours in the stores to try out shoes and etc. Even if it's so stereotypic , this is what is like . I don't think most males understand that concept , the same way they don't see to understand why girls go to bathrooms in groups. And maybe Daisy went out with Peach but decided not to go when Peach went out with Rosalina for some reason. I was clearly not the same trip
Dude, most males do understand that concept because guys do the exact same stuff.

When I'm shopping with my friends, they do usually end up talking to me about some personal stuff. And I mean REAL personal, when we break for a bite to eat.

We try on clothes and help each other out with clothes.

And while we don't AIM to go the bathroom in pairs or groups, it sometimes does happen and we'll chat about something in there.

This really isn't a girly girl thing.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
No , it's not the same and it's funny how some people thing it is when it's not. All girls trip is never the same as a all guys trip to do whatever . But yeah Rosalina went out shopping with Peach and maybe get her hair and nails done , so what? Who cares .

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
No , it's not the same and it's funny how some people thing it is when it's not. All girls trip is never the same as a all guys trip to do whatever . But yeah Rosalina went out shopping with Peach and maybe get her hair and nails done , so what? Who cares .
I mean of course every group shopping trip is going to be different depending on the group.

There is no inherent difference between a girl's shopping trip, and one with guys, though. You'd be surprised how similar they are a lot of the time, actually.

Plus, how would you know either way if you're a guy yourself?

You just keep saying it's not the same but you don't even know how to explain why, which means your point just falls flat.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It took me a while to notice that I got pranked, glad I still have my dunk.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
Whats the point of being pranked again? i dont see anything aside from a color change in the user name
This obviously isn't what it was intended for, but I once saw someone prank someone else after an argument on the general discussion forum. They were probably joking, but it happened.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I've been working on a skin mod for Rosalina, and it's pretty much finished now. Just need to fine tune it a bit and then it's done, so I'll show it off.

Remember that little concept for an outfit I made from my Rosalina drawing a while back?

Well, I made it real! I call it "Miss Saint Patrick". Or you can just say it's an Irish themed Rosalina.

I even changed the shimmering stars on her gown to shimmering shamrocks, and I changed the cosmos beneath her gown to a portal to Ireland! I also gave her a little bit of a light blush on her cheeks, and changed her eye colour.

I'll be providing both a packed and unpacked download once I'm done with it.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
This obviously isn't what it was intended for, but I once saw someone prank someone else after an argument on the general discussion forum. They were probably joking, but it happened.
lol That's probably the dumbest thing I've heard.

I have never been pranked myself in the nearly 2 years that I've been on this site. Hoping it stays that way.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
So this is kinda a way of taunting?

I honestly dont know lol-

I wonder if someone already made a texture hack of Rosalina with dark hair and a darker dress.

Or like i did in MKWii , Platinium Hair , Spider Dress and red jewerly. That would be super cool on my end ; Maybe even Shadow Peach for Peach.

Maybe i'll give it a try someday. Creating textures is super fun and easy for me.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Today is a special day for me, because it is where my 15th star takes off to the sky in alignment with the other stars to greet me! In other words, it's my Birthday! Would any of you like to have a piece of cake?

The stars are shining on me at night, where I know Rosalina is sending me her birthday message. I'm gonna see if I can order a Luma plushie AND pre-order the new Rosalina amiibo!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Today is a special day for me, because it is where my 15th star takes off to the sky in alignment with the other stars to greet me! In other words, it's my Birthday! Would any of you like to have a piece of cake?

The stars are shining on me at night, where I know Rosalina is sending me her birthday message. I'm gonna see if I can order a Luma plushie AND pre-order the new Rosalina amiibo!
You could've just simply said it's your birthday. Don't really care about this stars alignment crap you blurted out.

Well anyways, happy birthday, Sparkles!

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655

A cake that big would be a neat idea. Quite the descriptive way of mentioning your birthday. So happy birthday! Enjoy all the Rosalina type of stuff you possibly can.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
That cake sure does look delicious though.
It looks good at first glance, but then all that food coloring to make it look rainbow could really take away from the taste of the cake. I don't think I've ever had a rainbow cake that tasted good; they've mostly tasted like it's been heavily processed.

I think I'd rather eat all the other stuff in the background.

Also, Happy B-day Char Seasalina ;)

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It looks good at first glance, but then all that food coloring to make it look rainbow could really take away from the taste of the cake. I don't think I've ever had a rainbow cake that tasted good; they've mostly tasted like it's been heavily processed.

I think I'd rather eat all the other stuff in the background.

Also, Happy B-day Char Seasalina ;)
Me too, especially that zebra cake and that ice cream sundae.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's ready to go.

http://gamebanana.com/skins/147114

Installation instructions are included in the description. Both unpacked and packed versions are included in the .zip file.

If you're using the packed version, you probably haven't used SDCafiine before.

So to do that, after you've put your region's version of the mod onto the root of your SD (the folder you need to put onto the root of your SD is the one with a bunch of numbers within either the USA, EUR, or *** folders, depending on your region), go to "www.loadiine.ovh" in your Wii U's web browser. Then select the option that says "SDCafiine" at the start, that's contained in the drop down. Then click "Submit", and wait a few seconds. You'll be booted back to the Home Menu. Then immediately go back into the loadiine site, and a different screen will automatically come up. Then a screen comes up on your GamePad, with an ASCII coffee cup and some words on it. Just press the A button on that screen. You'll be booted back to the Home Screen again. Now you can boot up Smash and the mod should be in effect. When using the packed version, the costume replaces Rosalina's second one (the pink one).

People using the unpacked version can put it over whatever slot they want. I have the costume folder and chr files marked with "XX" at the end so just replace it with whatever slot you want.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
For future reference, the .7z file extension compresses files better than the .zip file extension. You will need a program that can read .7z files though.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

Happy birthday dear!

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
These newer Mario Parties are super frustrating when you have a rough start because theres barely chance to do anything afterwards as the boards are so short. Then again when you have a comeback its really refreshing,

That and the fact that the game didnt capture ''My comeback'' in the graph , it captured Luigi's non-existent comeback -_-

Then do the victory dance

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So there's a boot leg Smash Bros RPG for Android that comes from China, and it's pretty fun. Rosalina's in it and she's the 5th character you get (after Mario, Mega Man, Midna, and Old Snake).

I just unlocked her myself.

upload_2016-7-1_23-14-14.png

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
So there's a boot leg Smash Bros RPG for Android that comes from China, and it's pretty fun. Rosalina's in it and she's the 5th character you get (after Mario, Mega Man, Midna, and Old Snake).

I just unlocked her myself.

View attachment 111288
Oh, I wondered if she was in. What does she do, exactly?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh, I wondered if she was in. What does she do, exactly?
I haven't gotten to use all of her abilities yet, but she has a really powerful magical zap move. She can also heal two team members at a time, which also gives them buffed defense.

Top Bottom