• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I would say she can float when theres a certain amount of ground under her , otherwise she cannot do it maybe (?)
Nah, in the ending of Galaxy she floats way above the ground. If it counts, it also happens on the 3DS smash artbox.

It's so great to have a voice actress who loves "her" character so much. She's truly aware of Rosalina's personality and it means she does her best to voice her. I love it.

Last edited:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
I'm rather curious: is Rosalina's anti-gravity floating a constant thing, or does she have control over when it starts/ends?
It is a conditioned response of her
And the simplest explanation to that is that she floats with a rythm mimicking a breath, a quite common thing when performing the most difficult manipulations without focusing on them, where the easier ones are often let in stasis despite that
The reason I say gravitokinesis is one of the most difficult manipulation out there is by comparing it with pyrokinesis and what happens when having, for istance, a fire in the hand with conditioned response, for that look at the basic concepts behind the two manipulations.
  • Both alter something that exists by itself and that is thought impossible that it doesn't exist, as in one case there would be the Absolute Zero and in another a miniature Big Rip, a.k.a. dark energy overpowers gravity and every particle separates from the other to the point where nothing is possible, with varying endings
  • To set heat in stasis particles in a specific zone just need to move at the same speed, like how you breath or walk at pretty much constant speed
  • The act of altering gravity means extradimensional manipulation, specifically, altering the fifth dimension, as gravity is basically a curvature in the dimensions before it(fourth being time)
If that floating was natural and she countered it when going to the ground, she gravity would be static under her
Hope to have been clear

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I wish Rosalina's floating evolution was consistent. But hasn't been with Mario Party 10, I or Ultra Smash, considering in Ultra Smash the ground types still affects her even if she is in air. We don't see Rosalina walking on ground as often as we see her float, so people might assume her leg is weak so she sticks to floating or that she is lazy but I'd think not. Floating may compensate for her heights, along with her pumps and also to show her divine figure.

And as for the Laura Faye Smith interview, I didn't watch it yet. I will, and when I do I'll give feedback on my next post just to show what I think about it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I wish Rosalina's floating evolution was consistent. But hasn't been with Mario Party 10, I or Ultra Smash, considering in Ultra Smash the ground types still affects her even if she is in air. We don't see Rosalina walking on ground as often as we see her float, so people might assume her leg is weak so she sticks to floating or that she is lazy but I'd think not. Floating may compensate for her heights, along with her pumps and also to show her divine figure.

And as for the Laura Faye Smith interview, I didn't watch it yet. I will, and when I do I'll give feedback on my next post just to show what I think about it.
Again, it's just gameplay/context segregation. There's nothing to really think about.

Rosalina has the power to float, but normally, it has no effect on gameplay. While it doesn't make sense for her to be effected by terrain or fall down pits, it's just made that way to keep the game fair, so there isn't some special inherent advantage to using Rosalina in games like Mario Party.

Also the interview is not a video, it's an article.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33

Laura Faye Smith looks pretty! Would you believe the world would be fooled if she were to cosplay as Rosalina, or even if Mercede Rose or Kerri Kane does it? And here's my second favorite one from the interview with LFS:

How did you become Rosalina's voice actress? Was there an audition?
LFS: I got an audition for Rosalina through my agency, and after I did the first audition I got a callback for what is called a directed audition, where I went into a studio and the team from Nintendo was on the line and basically did a live audition with them giving me direction and listening to what I came up with. It was very relaxed and fun - I remember leaving and thinking that even if I didn't book the job, it was a really good experience, and how nice the Nintendo team was - they made me feel really comfortable and ready to play.

Again, it's just gameplay/context segregation. There's nothing to really think about.

Rosalina has the power to float, but normally, it has no effect on gameplay. While it doesn't make sense for her to be effected by terrain or fall down pits, it's just made that way to keep the game fair, so there isn't some special inherent advantage to using Rosalina in games like Mario Party.

Also the interview is not a video, it's an article.
Well, there are advantages to using each characters in a certain game. And that is Smash, somewhat and the sport series because Rosalina has these types such as power and etc. And as for Smash, of course she'd have something unique like her anti-gravity and etc. You're right by saying Rosalina has the power to float and that she has control over it.
It'll probably be an entirely different case if she didn't have these powers that make her who she is, such has levitation, telekinesis, gravity maniplation, cosmic mystique and more. I know I'm thinking about this too much, it's just that I cannot suppress my curiousity for her.

You see, the funny thing is that I keep mistaking articles or whatever for videos for some odd reason. I'm sure there are plenty of other people who does the same. Maybe videos are just that common?

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Meanwhile Mercedes Rose has some kind of similarity ( i think its the eyes) with a young Diana Rigg

Once i saw Diana when she was young , she instantly reminded me of Mercedes.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
mario123007 mario123007 Hey man, I've been hearing about hurricane / typhoon Nepartak that's headed right for Taiwan.
It'll hit hard(140 mps -- 62 m/s winds). Let me know if you're gonna be alright, okay?

Here's where I heard about it:
https://weather.com/storms/typhoon/news/tropical-storm-typhoon-nepartak-pacific-east-asia
Ah thank you for noticing, typhoon is sort of an usual natural disaster in Taiwan. Here are some trivias.
2016 west-pacific typhoon season is the fifth latest season to start.
Nepartek typhoon is the not only the first Super Strong category to hit Taiwan in the first typhoon encounter since 60 years ago.
But glad this typhoon is pretty fast, it may move away soon, like a day or two.
Don't worry, as long my house still has power I will be fine

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Ah thank you for noticing, typhoon is sort of an usual natural disaster in Taiwan. Here are some trivias.
2016 west-pacific typhoon season is the fifth latest season to start.
Nepartek typhoon is the not only the first Super Strong category to hit Taiwan in the first typhoon encounter since 60 years ago.
But glad this typhoon is pretty fast, it may move away soon, like a day or two.
Don't worry, as long my house still has power I will be fine
I hope you'll stay safe. I have no clues of the forecast, so I don't really notice the weather that happens in other states or continent.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I think its very kind of @Shirma Akayaku to show concern even if he lives probably not so close of Mario102007
It's nice that anyone shows concern really. Quality and quantity can range in size for the concern or compassion given. In Pennsylvania, I don't really get much of a bad weather. And the worse it gets is a heavy snow day.

Kind of odd is that it's still sunny when this was posted.

Can't agree with you enough.
And…it's mario123007 to be exact, and isn't Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku "she"?
These disasters are bound to happen among the Ring of Fire. Like the scientists say, the earth is always changing. I wouldn't nessessarily say that the humans are in the way of it instead I'd say that it's in the way of the humans lives. And I have no idea what a typhoon is, so I'm gonna look it up. :/

EDIT: Spiraling clouds. I looked it up and I saw spiraling clouds, it looks pretty from far away but getting too close can be dangerous. And it looks the same thing as a hurricane. They have some differences, I heard.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Kind of odd is that it's still sunny when this was posted.

Can't agree with you enough.
And…it's mario123007 to be exact, and isn't Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku "she"?

Well , anyway. Next time i will get it right

and also , i honestly dont know. For all i care anybody can be male or female in here , its irrelevant to me. Though , i dont like to assume anybodys gender , opinion , etc as thats their own.

Its cute when others think they know you , but then again they dont and probably will never. That happens to me way too much , i hate when people pretend they truly know you just by being over the internet. That makes no sense .

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's nice that anyone shows concern really. Quality and quantity can range in size for the concern or compassion given. In Pennsylvania, I don't really get much of a bad weather. And the worse it gets is a heavy snow day.
Another interesting trivia is that the typhoon was formed on my birthday, cool huh?
Well , anyway. Next time i will get it right

and also , i honestly dont know. For all i care anybody can be male or female in here , its irrelevant to me. Though , i dont like to assume anybodys gender , opinion , etc as thats their own.

Its cute when others think they know you , but then again they dont and probably will never. That happens to me way too much , i hate when people pretend they truly know you just by being over the internet. That makes no sense .
It's slightly a respect to get the "third person" right? At least in my opinion...

Cute? Well, maybe, I remember she asked me whether I tried the candy that Star Bits from SMG was based on. I actually saw some in my local convenience store. I still haven't try them tough.
And yeah, some are like that, whereas some may just forgot unintentionally for personal reasons. It's just how Internet, but I'm pretty sure Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku is not that kind of person.
And it looks the same thing as a hurricane. They have some differences, I heard.
Hurricane=Typhoon. They have different names because one is formed from the Atlantic and the other is formed from the Pacific.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Another interesting trivia is that the typhoon was formed on my birthday, cool huh?

It's slightly a respect to get the "third person" right? At least in my opinion...

Cute? Well, maybe, I remember she asked me whether I tried the candy that Star Bits from SMG was based on. I actually saw some in my local convenience store. I still haven't try them tough.
And yeah, some are like that, whereas some may just forgot unintentionally for personal reasons. It's just how Internet, but I'm pretty sure Shirma Akayaku Shirma Akayaku is not that kind of person.

Hurricane=Typhoon. They have different names because one is formed from the Atlantic and the other is formed from the Pacific.
About your Birthday, Happy Birthday! Sorry for it being a little late, but I figured it was rude of me to not say so. I hope you could accept the belated message. And I bet if you try those candy it'll taste like honey.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ChikoLad ChikoLad Seriously, this mod looks beautiful and splendid. Irish Rosalina's dress reminds me of Mother earth in one way, it could just be the greenery of the grass. Either way, Irish or anything else no matter what, Rosalina will always be beautiful and poised. Since you made an Irish Rosalina, I thought that you could edit the Galaxy map to make it like Ireland somehow or a symbolization? It would be amazing if you did.

I'm so happy that the Rosalina & Luma skins are going well, and one thing that's probably is a problem for me is that I have replaced so many slots of Rosalina original colors that it would be a problem. The only ones I have free are the default and black and yellow. I know this is a bit silly but I wish someone would make a mod of Rosalina in a fancy, laced white gown and replace her voice clips with Celion Dion.

Or Taylor Swift's.

She'd obviously be wearing these dresses with their voice clips, that would be the dream.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
As a Taylor Swift fan , I think the whole idea is stupid .
But why? I don't get what's so bad about having audio clips of celebrities on Video Games characters. Well, sure it's your opinion that the idea is absurd, but I don't think with would clash too horribly with the characters. It doesn't have to be for seriousness, rather than for humor. Just like the Ganondorf mod, "Trumpindorf". But aside from that, I respect your opinion and all I am asking is why as in why do you say that?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Why, in hell's name, did Smashboards fail to notify me of recent posts here? What did I miss?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Why, in hell's name, did Smashboards fail to notify me of recent posts here? What did I miss?
If you only return here once and did not post nor like any posts, the alert will stop notifying.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
You do get alerts as long as you visit the alerted page, but sometimes thw aite forgets that you visited it and as such stops giving alerts until you visit it again

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
You do get alerts as long as you visit the alerted page, but sometimes thw aite forgets that you visited it and as such stops giving alerts until you visit it again
Again, that's just stupid.
If you missed some threads, you can always go check "Watched threads"
Nah, I don't feel like it.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
That's just stupid. I should still at least get something, but no.
I've had the same thing happen to me plenty of times back in the past. I think the main issue is how the website is coded to handle notifications (which I think is based on your recent activity on the site). It's dumb, but it hasn't been changed.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I've had the same thing happen to me plenty of times back in the past. I think the main issue is how the website is coded to handle notifications (which I think is based on your recent activity on the site). It's dumb, but it hasn't been changed.
That's why you have to always pay attention when seeing the alerts.

Right now typhoon's had reached Taiwan, right now the wind is blowing hard.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298

Make sure you're not near any windows and try to stay safe. Let me know how things are after it's over.

EDIT: So now you can edit and make your own tier list on Smashboards; I'll take a crack at it for the heck of it.
http://smashboards.com/tiers/

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Make sure you don't get blown away. Stay safe, junior.
I don't really get what Tier Lists are for considering I'm not that into Smash.
It's bull****. I wouldn't worry about it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina is actually the widely agreed upon best right now. With Ryu or Cloud being after her IIRC.

Sheik and ZSS got nerfed hard so they're not top tier at all anymore.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Rosalina is actually the widely agreed upon best right now. With Ryu or Cloud being after her IIRC.

Sheik and ZSS got nerfed hard so they're not top tier at all anymore.
I think Sheik and ZSS are within the top fighters, but they can easily lose their spots. I'd probably change the order of characters a bit, (I was considering Sheik and ZSS lower than Diddy Kong or even below Mewtwo, so I'm definitely moving them down a bit more since there are so many characters contending for the top). I'll revise my list later when I can.

I personally don't think there should be a #1 character that is the best in the game when it comes to most tier lists, I'd rather just have a group of best characters, especially in Smash.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think Sheik and ZSS are within the top fighters, but they can easily lose their spots. I'd probably change the order of characters a bit, (I was considering Sheik and ZSS lower than Diddy Kong or even below Mewtwo, so I'm definitely moving them down a bit more since there are so many characters contending for the top). I'll revise my list later when I can.

I personally don't think there should be a #1 character that is the best in the game when it comes to most tier lists, I'd rather just have a group of best characters, especially in Smash.
Sheik and ZSS aren't even contenders anymore though. ZSS basically had a lot of her better options removed, notably the Up B was heavily nerfed, as was her Up Air.

Sheik was only so good because she had a ton of 50/50 KO set ups, and she could zone from all the way across on FD. Her KO set ups are gone now though, and she had her needles range nerfed a good bit too, as well as some other things. Because of this, she has some of the worst KO opportunities in the game now. It's very common for even lightweight characters to survive to 150% to 200% against her now.

They're still pretty good but they aren't top tier contenders in the slightest.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Make sure you don't get blown away. Stay safe, junior.
As long as I don't go out I won't get blown away...
What I need to concern is if there are any leaks in my house. Sometimes walls and ceilings on my house may leak water if the rain is too heavy. Also our water supply.
Interestingly, the typhoon center arrived at Taimali, Taitung. Which is my family's hometown.
Taitung's wind speed seems to broke the record since 100 years ago.
The Japan Smash4 community also made their own tier lists from esports runner, Sonic and Cloud are slightly overrated imo.

source:http://esports-runner.com/ssb4/character_tier_list/

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The people have spoken, Rosalina makes games better.

Top Bottom