• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Playing with the 3D Models is interesting and fun , as well as recreating poses .

Tôi tin rằng các mô hình bạn đang sử dụng là Mario Kart 8, có đúng không? Các tư thế bạn đã cho nó trông độc đáo, như thể nó là một bản xem trước của amiibo sắp tới.

Rosalina's leotard model is now half ripped. (Her head is her Smash one currently)
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Rosalina-Star-Gymnast-621226021
Vâng đó có vẻ tốt đẹp. Tôi nghe ông đã làm cho nhiều mô hình của Rosalina.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I'm just waiting for an actual model of Rio Olympic Rosalina, just like the one that came out for Ultra Smash in where it was imported to MMD. The Smash one doesn't look very accurate if you ask me, because her head is too out of place.

In other news, it's the anniversary of Satoru Iwata's death. It has been a year since he died.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
That user has been known for making very awkward models that involve Rosalina. Doesn't make me feel too good, but then we have the following image...

Source: http://fav.me/da52s30
That's not really how Rosalina would speak, and it doesn't fit her "wise" personality either. I'm not saying that wise people do not talk like that, but Rosalina would have a more sophisticated manner that impact the way she speaks. The user could've made her say something like: "Greetings, my fellow comrades. Shall we partake in a peculiarly engrossing activity?". We know that she is poetic, and puts good vocabulary to use.

-----------------------------------------------------

So I've found out an easter egg that I should've a very long time ago.

Apparently, it seems that the Comet Observatory theme can be heard if you were to speed the video faster, and vice versa. I never knew that until like about a few days ago. I didn't think they would just slow down a song to create a new piece. This reminds me of Ballad of the Goddess reversed sounds like Zelda's Lullaby and Zelda's Lullaby reversed sounds like Ballad of the Goddess.

I came across an image depicting Rosalina and Luma playing cards with Samus, Kirby and Corrin.

You can find it right here.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's over guys.

The Smash competitive community has made Rosalina & Luma non-viable.

Joking, it only took them a year and a half to figure out something so basic and make a 15 minute video about it.

And people will still have problems.

So I was wondering... Since people are doing many Smash mods and it's gaining popularity, to what extent have you guys modded Smash? (if you have). For me, all I've been doing is adding new music and replacing some victory themes. I've changed Rosalina's victory theme to the original from Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2:

Smash's version: http://www.smashcustommusic.com/48998
Galaxy 2 version: http://www.smashcustommusic.com/15524

I haven't added textures, but I probably will soon. I'd also want to make custom textures since I already have the tools to do so. I'd probably edit Rosalina's red dress to look like the one from Super Mario 3D World:

If someone already made a mod like this on Game Banana, then I'll probably move on to my other texture mod idea, Margaret from Persona 4:

The lines will be a bit tricky to get, and the hair band could be too.
I made a Mercedes Rose voice mod for Rosalina. And an English VA Marth mod (that got noticed by Marth's English VA).

I also made this of course, but you know about it already:

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
That user has been known for making very awkward models that involve Rosalina. Doesn't make me feel too good, but then we have the following image...

Source: http://fav.me/da52s30
Kinda cool that he plays with the models and those many stuff

Then again having Rosalina with that much make up is awful . It makes her look like a clown.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Well hell, I came to ask if anybody's ever seen a Mercedes Rose voice mod for Rosalina, but it seems I've found my answer.
I made a Mercedes Rose voice mod for Rosalina.
Would you, by chance, be willing to share it?
And an English VA Marth mod (that got noticed by Marth's English VA).
That sounds nice. It actually reminds me, I came across a mod that gave Roy an English voice. They were Yang's recycled voice clips from Ultra Street Fighter IV. I think I'm going to download that, because Johnny Yong Bosch is pretty fitting for Roy.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well hell, I came to ask if anybody's ever seen a Mercedes Rose voice mod for Rosalina, but it seems I've found my answer.

Would you, by chance, be willing to share it?

That sounds nice. It actually reminds me, I came across a mod that gave Roy an English voice. They were Yang's recycled voice clips from Ultra Street Fighter IV. I think I'm going to download that, because Johnny Yong Bosch is pretty fitting for Roy.
http://gamebanana.com/sounds/30892

Also the Marth one in case you want that too.

http://gamebanana.com/sounds/30893

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33

And to think Rosalina has flexability, this is pure gold. I wonder what this move is called, it looks like she is shaping into a U figure while bursting into the air. This would look graceful even with her gown on, just saying. Dramatic...

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827

And to think Rosalina has flexability, this is pure gold. I wonder what this move is called, it looks like she is shaping into a U figure while bursting into the air. This would look graceful even with her gown on, just saying. Dramatic...
She does similar with her upsmash :p
And considering her crawl animation I think Rosalina is a contotionist!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
And in other news, my most recent texture hack for Rosalina...

whitemagerosalina8.jpg

On a side note, while someone else did make a White Mage hack for Rosalina, it apparently flew the coop. That pretty much gave me the opportunity to make my own revision.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Do you think Rosalina names all the Lumas?
She does name all the Lumas, it's in her Storybook where she done so as a child. One of the name that Rosalina gave was to the eldest Luma, Polari. And the big, purple Luma also got a name, and that the one comical Luma we all know and love, Lubba!

View attachment 112249

Is it because she's a big mama?
How do you play as Rosalina in the Hub World, do you like, unlock her? Actually, I do think you do have to beat her in order to play as her, I think. Just wondering if it's possible that she could still be given dialogue even if you're playing as her or it would be restricted to NPC.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
She does name all the Lumas, it's in her Storybook where she done so as a child. One of the name that Rosalina gave was to the eldest Luma, Polari. And the big, purple Luma also got a name, and that the one comical Luma we all know and love, Lubba!

How do you play as Rosalina in the Hub World, do you like, unlock her? Actually, I do think you do have to beat her in order to play as her, I think. Just wondering if it's possible that she could still be given dialogue even if you're playing as her or it would be restricted to NPC.
You have to beat Tournament Mode with your Mii and then you can play tournaments with normal characters.

Once you get to the Gymnastics tournament, you can choose to play as Rosalina and then when it sends you back to the hub world between rounds, you will be playing as her.

It reverts you back to your Mii once you finish the tournament though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Isnt White Mages hair darker ?

Good attemp , tho.
The texture hack took me some hours to set up, as I did have a texture dilemma when I tried to add the red triangles onto the dress; the inner sleeves were receiving a red and white color mix, which I did not want. Fortunately, I found a workaround by replacing the star patterns with the red triangles instead. I had to use Rosalina's 8th color slot as the base, since it was the only one that allowed the star patterns to appear in any color.

Also, the background lighting can make the hair brighter or darker.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
The texture hack took me some hours to set up, as I did have a texture dilemma when I tried to add the red triangles onto the dress; the inner sleeves were receiving a red and white color mix, which I did not want. Fortunately, I found a workaround by replacing the star patterns with the red triangles instead. I had to use Rosalina's 8th color slot as the base, since it was the only one that allowed the star patterns to appear in any color.

Also, the background lighting can make the hair brighter or darker.

I see , its kinda like MK7

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Ugh, the news of Pokemon GO everywhere is overwhelming me. I guess I, and some people, just don't like Pokemon. Sure I think the Pokemons are cute, and my favorite Pokemon is Gardevoir, but other from that I don't really see why everywhere, each corner and nook I see people playing Pokemon GO. Well, not in my town area but the internet. I can tell that some of you are playing it, I just don't get why it's so popular. I am no hater, nor a fan, just simply am confused.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Ugh, the news of Pokemon everywhere is overwhelming me. I guess I, and some people, just don't like Pokemon. Sure I think the Pokemons are cute, and my favorite Pokemon is Gardevoir, but other from that I don't really see why everywhere, each corner and nook I see people playing Pokemon. Well, not in my town area but the internet. I can tell that some of you are playing it, I just don't get why it's so popular. I am no haters, nor a fan, just simply am confused.
I'm a pokemon fan myself, but even still, I don't want do download that app, because I think it's not worth it. They way all the people I know, even the ones that know very little about the pokemon franchise are all the time staring at their smartphones and shouting whenever they ecounter one is strange, people can't even go up some stairs without looking at it.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I ain't a Pokemon fan either. I've lost interest in the series since after Gen 3.
Oh, there's no Pokemon (Gen 3) in the emoticons section of the comment box, so I wonder what happened in Gen 3. Something bad, perhaps? Just a guess.

I'm a pokemon fan myself, but even still, I don't want do download that app, because I think it's not worth it. They way all the people I know, even the ones that know very little about the pokemon franchise are all the time staring at their smartphones and shouting whenever they ecounter one is strange, people can't even go up some stairs without looking at it.
Oh yeah, I meant the app. Luckily you got the idea that I was talking about the Pokemon app. I realized that I didn't put GO after people, so I was afraid people would think I'm talking about the series. But yeah, people are kinda obsessed with Pokemon GO. I heard that a girl who was playing Pokemon GO found a dead body, and teenagers entering a stranger house in search of new pokemons. Also, people getting hacked when using the app.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Oh yeah, I meant the app. Luckily you got the idea that I was talking about the Pokemon app. I realized that I didn't put GO after people, so I was afraid people would think I'm talking about the series. But yeah, people are kinda obsessed with Pokemon GO. I heard that a girl who was playing Pokemon GO found a dead body, and teenagers entering a stranger house in search of new pokemons. Also, people getting hacked when using the app.
I see the pokemon Go stuff almost daily everywhere so, I kinda thought it was what you meant about it being overwhelming. And yeah, I saw that too, pretty scary. What I always tell my classmates, even if it seems I'm kidding, is that they watch where they are going when using that thing. I mean, I see no problem they enjoying the app, but I think it looks like it is a bit too much, and they even tell me "You play videogames a lot, it's the same thing", but I think "At least I'm not wandering around just because a smartphone shows an image of a pokemon supposedly in front of you like if it was actually there." At this point, I wonder when the "hype" for the app will die down.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
I ain't a Pokemon fan either. I've lost interest in the series since after Gen 3.
I also stopped playing pokemon games a few gens ago, but the new game is looking really promising. The pokemon this time around look really good imo (especially this one!)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I also stopped playing pokemon games a few gens ago, but the new game is looking really promising. The pokemon this time around look really good imo (especially this one!)
I've heard mixed opinions about the new ones and I have seen them myself. Still doesn't catch my interest.
Oh, there's no Pokemon (Gen 3) in the emoticons section of the comment box, so I wonder what happened in Gen 3. Something bad, perhaps? Just a guess.
No, it ain't nothing like that. Just...

:4cloud:Not interested :4cloud:

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
Off topic, but did any of you watch EVO? It was planned horribly and the schedule was terrible, but the actual tournament was... wow.

I don't think I've ever watched a set as hype as Ranai vs Dabuz, even if it was slow (Seriously, my heart almost exploded. Competitive smash ain't healthy :glare:) Great stuff from both players!
I knew megaman and marth would eventually get in the spotlight, but who knew it would happen so soon?
They're definitely going to skyrocket up the next tier list, no doubt about it.

Like I said, the scheduling was godawful, but this was one of the most hype majors of 2016, and I can't wait to watch the upcoming sm4sh tournaments this year has to offer :)

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Recently i started a Rosalina run in MKWii , all cups with custom voice clips for Rosalina .

A bit late for that party , but still , i will do it like i did with MKDS.

Top Bottom