• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
That moment when you haven't checked Smashboards for two months.
Lol in the same boat.
Checked in like 2 or 3 times but that's about it.

I blame overwatch.

That and Rosalina explains why she wasn't qualified to participate in any other events aside from just Rhythmic Gymnastics.
I alwaya thought that was one of the problems that she was only in Gymnastics. My question was just why? I highly doubt they were just lazy and didn't want to or anything like that.

I still think it's unfortunate that she wasn't in the boxing scene.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
So the Shroom covered another issue about Rosalina , this time its an interview with not other than ... wait for it..

Mercedes Rose!

There was already an interview with fans around 2013 or 2014 , but this is a new one covering similar aspects to the Laura Faye Smith interview.

http://www.mariowiki.com/The_'Shroom:Issue_111/Mercedes_Rose_Interview

It's funny to me since you can tell the three of them have a different perspective of what it's like to voice and ''be'' the character.

While Laura said that she enjoyed Rosalina's backstory and Kerri said that she mostly thinks of Rosalina about how cool and powerful she is , Mercedes gives more of the ''motherly'' nature of the character claiming that she used ''her motherly voice'' which was basically what gave her the role .

I'm very happy that above all , she thinks that while she is no longer vocing the character it has opened doors for her since having Nintendo as a client in your resume is a huge deal.

I also find funny how she refers to Rosalina as a princess , and calls herself one too (this is mostly humorous , you can understand if you see her in videos)

Lastly the fact that she says how much emails she recives to come back is not surprising to me , but then again it also is for some reason. Nintendo fans seems to be one in a kind , mostly Rosalina fans it seems.

I enjoyed both interviews , hopefully they will cover a 2016 interview with Kerri Kane too.
I'm sure they'll cover one for Kerri Kane. Whether or not they have different perspective, or if it's right or wrong I still think it's fair to say that nothing went wrong in that interview or others and yeah it is indeed funny. By the looks of Mercedes Rose interview, it seems that she treats Rosalina and the game a bit like fairytale because even though it IS a game for kids she kinda stereotyped it a little. I cannot tell if she knows deep into the games like some Rosalina fans or she just think of it the way things look. Oops, read a little too much into this, I'm sorry.

Just leaving my point of view on Rosalina here.

My perspective on Rosalina is that she isn't a princess, first of all.
She is a divine, interstellar guardian of the sea of stars. She watches and raise the star children, named the Lumas who would grow up to become all these matters such as power stars, planets, comet and etc. Rosalina also is a wise one who has an intimate knowledge of space. She is a heavenly figure who has a true sorrowful past and is the kind of woman you would notice mysterious, serene and loving. She also drells in a Comet that soars to her home each 100 year, known as the Comet Observatory. She is a character that is rather withdrawn and reserved at first, but as gradually time passed by she is more active and joyous as she was when she was younger. She is known as the celestial mother. This keeper of the stars traverses the stars and observes distant galaxies and furthermore. And, basically, she can pretty much do anything. While bearing the huge responsibility of keeping the vast cosmos safe and sound, she also watches over fun activities.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I don't think Mario games are ''for kids'' though.

Sure , it has a primary target audience , but they can be enjoyed by everybody. Also there's many references that many missed as a child , and it is now that we understand the insight of said references.

An example would be Birdo's true gender , that became controversial thanks to America and their pure conservative beliefs.

As for the interview , it's a good read. Nothing to get into in a deep thought , considering those are very basic questions.

For all i care , they can say they only like Rosalina's hairstyle and i will still be ok with that since i like it too , lol-

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Who Mario games are aimed at is kinda dependent.

They're generally aimed at everybody but some have a more specific demographic IMO.

Stuff like NSMB and Mario Maker is a bit more oriented towards kids. Mario Maker is especially good for parents to play with kids.

3D World feels a bit more geared towards people who grew up with the old games, but want something fresh and new. It's like the old games, but in 3D, and it has a ton of references to past Mario titles, as well as re-used concepts. Kids can enjoy it but people who grew up playing Mario will appreciate it more.

Stuff like the Galaxy games is aimed more towards people who like expansive, platforming adventures.

And stuff like the RPGs are meant for people who actually have a specific attachment and interest in the world and characters of Mario, as those games build upon them more than other games.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's a Rosalina recolored that I recently finished making...

This recolor is supposed to be based on Cynthia, and it took me a good amount of hours to properly recolor the dress shading.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
No meme pics to show that feeling?
I'm a down-to-earth dude.

Lol in the same boat.
Checked in like 2 or 3 times but that's about it.

I blame overwatch.

I alwaya thought that was one of the problems that she was only in Gymnastics. My question was just why? I highly doubt they were just lazy and didn't want to or anything like that.

I still think it's unfortunate that she wasn't in the boxing scene.
I'm asocial. That's why.

Also, it would have been an out-of-this-world idea if Rosalina HAD been in that sporting activity. I'd love to start a conversation on that... or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
When it comes to the Olympics , Rosalina is surely displayed inconsistently in that game.

What i'm refering too is that these stats don't match the actual consistency in other sport games to my understanding.

1. Peach is 10+ more powerful than Rosalina
2. Rosalina has 20+ more speed than Peach , and it's very close to Daisy which is suppoused to be a Speedy character.
3. Daisy sucks at technique , when 99% she is just a few points behind Peach in this area.

For Rosalina i get that thanks to her exclusivity in that one event that nobody cares about , her Technique should be High , but why is her power so low and she suddenly got a speed boost? Last time i checked , Those dancing events favor Technique rather than speed , which is logically favored in 100m events and etc.

Daisy excells at Speed , and she is always significantly more powerful than Peach in all the games with stats while sacrificing Technique , in which Peach almost has MAX in all games , but what i don't get is why she is significantly more Powerful than Rosalina...

In fact , Rosalina has the lowest Power stat.

Granted , this is from the Mii costume but it still counts as a reference and this is possibly due Daisy having access to Boxing and etc events that require power while that would be pretty useless for Rosalina. But it still bugs me a bit since it looks very messy as a result.

Hopefully when Rosalina becomes fully playable in this series , this is somehow updated and corrected. Otherwise we will still continue to see Nintendo or Sega pulling stats out of their asses.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
When it comes to the Olympics , Rosalina is surely displayed inconsistently in that game.

What i'm refering too is that these stats don't match the actual consistency in other sport games to my understanding.

2. Rosalina has 20+ more speed than Peach , and it's very close to Daisy which is suppoused to be a Speedy character.
3. Daisy sucks at technique , when 99% she is just a few points behind Peach in this area.

For Rosalina i get that thanks to her exclusivity in that one event that nobody cares about , her Technique should be High , but why is her power so low and she suddenly got a speed boost? Last time i checked , Those dancing events favor Technique rather than speed , which is logically favored in 100m events and etc.

Daisy excells at Speed , and she is always significantly more powerful than Peach in all the games with stats while sacrificing Technique , in which Peach almost has MAX in all games , but what i don't get is why she is significantly more Powerful than Rosalina...

Granted , this is from the Mii costume but it still counts as a reference and this is possibly due Daisy having access to Boxing and etc events that require power while that would be pretty useless for Rosalina. But it still bugs me a bit since it looks very messy as a result.

Hopefully when Rosalina becomes fully playable in this series , this is somehow updated and corrected. Otherwise we will still continue to see Nintendo or Sega pulling stats out of their *****.
That's warped. Shouldn't Rosalina be the most powerful of the ladies?

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

Hopefully when Rosalina becomes fully playable in this series , this is somehow updated and corrected. Otherwise we will still continue to see Nintendo or Sega pulling stats out of their *****.
The speed thing is stupid, Rosalina is slower than Peach in 3D World and outside of Mario Kart, she was never said to be fast.

Her playability in this event doesn't excuse her Technique though, stats aren't counted and not even displayed.
Her stats in the 3DS version are the best they could pull off I think:

Slower than Peach, stronger than both Peach and Daisy, as much technique as Daisy and less than Peach, and more stamina than Daisy but slightly less than Peach.

Those respect her portrayal in 3D World and her Power-type of Ultra Smash, making her the strongest but slowest.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
That's warped. Shouldn't Rosalina be the most powerful of the ladies?
Yes she should , but in this case it's understanable she is not considering the Power stat is useless in the Rythm Clubs or whatever that's called.

It makes sense she has high techinique since she is exclusive in an event that requieres high technique.

While i find funny though , is that even though she is a boss character , her technique is still lower than Peach's , which in the long run makes sense , since Peach is known for basically having the Technical stats almost at MAX in most games , in fact , they reach max in games were you can use ''star'' characters such as Mario Super Sluggers , were Peach has the best pitch stat in the game when using the Star.

In the end , it kinda makes sense , and it doesn't.

What i don't get is why they put Daisy so low in Technique. She is mostly Technical rather than Fast even if these series has her as a speedy character.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
Yes she should , but in this case it's understanable she is not considering the Power stat is useless in the Rythm Clubs or whatever that's called.

It makes sense she has high techinique since she is exclusive in an event that requieres high technique.

While i find funny though , is that even though she is a boss character , her technique is still lower than Peach's , which in the long run makes sense , since Peach is known for basically having the Technical stats almost at MAX in most games , in fact , they reach max in games were you can use ''star'' characters such as Mario Super Sluggers , were Peach has the best pitch stat in the game when using the Star.

In the end , it kinda makes sense , and it doesn't.

What i don't get is why they put Daisy so low in Technique. She is mostly Technical rather than Fast even if these series has her as a speedy character.
I think Nintendo is honestly confused as to what the "specialties" of their characters really are based off of their personalities.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's already weird enough that the 3DS version has more playable characters, and yet only Mario and Sonic can participate in any event.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33

Those stats would've actually worked well if she was in the Aquatics in the Wii U version, like backstroke. Considering she's only exclusive to one event AND she is wearing a leotard that seems fitting for events that involve swimming, it is indeed stupid how they portrayed Rosalina in the olympics. At least we can hope that in the Winter 2018, Rosalina gets to be more playable. Especially figure skating, after all, it's an elegant event. Not to mention that she can be as graceful on ice because Rosalina canonically can spin and jump on ice.

It's already weird enough that the 3DS version has more playable characters, and yet only Mario and Sonic can participate in any event.
That's because they're the heroes of the series and their name is on the title. But it's silly that the 3DS version restricts even the veterans.

FatalitySonic2

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2278-4493-3606
Kinda cool that he plays with the models and those many stuff

Then again having Rosalina with that much make up is awful . It makes her look like a clown.
(Sorry for the sudden arrival but) Thanks. In fact, that make up was in a Smash 4 hack basically (this one: http://gamebanana.com/skins/146392). For the quote, that was purely random.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't see why people are fussing over Rosalina's stats in the Olympics on Wii U. They're dumb but she's in an event where stats are pretty irrelevant, from what I've seen of the game. Plus if it's from a Mii costume, that doesn't really mean much either. I think they pretty much just hit a randomiser for her stats.

Going by canon she should have high stats in everything, but that can't work.

They way I would do it is:

-Very-high Power (making her Power Class)
-Slightly below average Speed
-Slightly above average Technique

Knuckles actually makes a pretty good base for what her stats should be if she were fully playable, IMO:

Maybe just maker her Power 70-75, Speed 50, and Technique 60, and I think that's pretty fitting for her.

I think people over-exaggerate the idea that "Rosalina should be slow". 3D World is the only game where she is particularly slow on her feet, and that's only because she had to be balanced out in some way. She has an attack, and that attack can actually be used to make her go really fast anyway.

In Smash Bros, she's actually faster than Mario so I think making her at least average in Speed is justified.

EDIT: I just noticed that Rosalina's stats are copied across multiple guest characters, so I wouldn't pay much mind to them.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What really bugs me about the Rio 2016 Olympic Games stats is how they're distributed for certain characters. Of course, all characters share the same stat total of 180, but I feel that some things just seem way off, and I wanted to try to alter the stats to be more sensible.

Mario
PWR: 60
SPD: 60
TEC: 60

Luigi
PWR: 50
TEC: 70

Peach
PWR: 30
TEC: 90

Daisy
SPD: 70
TEC: 80

Yoshi
SPD: 80
TEC: 40

Wario
PWR: 80
SPD: 50
TEC: 50

Waluigi
PWR: 40

Donkey Kong
PWR: 90
SPD: 30

Bowser
SPD: 40

Bowser Jr.

Diddy Kong

Nabbit

Larry Koopa

Wendy O. Koopa

Rosalina

Toad

Dry Bowser

Sonic
SPD: 90

Tails

Knuckles

Amy

Blaze

Shadow
TEC: 30

Silver

Dr. Eggman

Metal Sonic

Vector

Jet

Wave

Rouge

Espio

Sticks

Zavok

Zazz
PWR: 70

Birdos

Boom Booms

Egg Pawns

Last edited:

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
What really bugs me about the Rio 2016 Olympic Games stats is how they're distributed for certain characters. Of course, all characters share the same stat total of 180, but I feel that some things just seem way off, and I wanted to try to alter the stats to be more sensible.

Mario

Luigi

Peach

Daisy

Yoshi

Wario

Waluigi

Donkey Kong

Bowser

Bowser Jr.

Diddy Kong

Nabbit

Larry Koopa

Wendy O. Koopa

Rosalina

Toad

Dry Bowser

Sonic

Tails

Knuckles

Amy

Blaze

Shadow

Silver

Dr. Eggman

Metal Sonic

Vector

Jet

Wave

Rouge

Espio

Sticks

Zavok

Zazz

Birdos

Boom Booms

Egg Pawns
Sorry, but I haven't played the game yet, so what's actually wrong with the stats in that game?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sorry, but I haven't played the game yet, so what's actually wrong with the stats in that game?
I guess my problem is that certain characters received stats that seem out of place. For one example, how can Wendy have a high power stat? That's something more suited for Roy and Morton.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Stats seem to be arranged so Bosses have the upperhand in the event they are locked in.

Which would make sense if they were actually arranged properly.

I just find funny that some standard characters still outclass the bosses in the stat that they are suppoused the excel in.

one would imagine that since they are bosses (or guests , whatever) they would be the best in the stat they need , but that's not the case.

Also i never noticed this since i don't have the game , there are multiple quotes for the characters in victory poses in the Wii U version too.

Im soooooo glad they used this one for Rosalina , i looooooove the laught that was cut from Mario Kart 8.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Stats seem to be arranged so Bosses have the upperhand in the event they are locked in.

Which would make sense if they were actually arranged properly.
Yeah, when you look at Wendy, Freestyle Swimming would probably focus more on speed and technique, which leaves the power stat feeling useless. At least for Zavok, Boxing is his thing, as it is an event that focuses on a lot of power. Likewise, Javelin Throw seems to be a power-based event as well, which would be Dry Bowser's strong point.

Of course, I've never really bothered with the Mario & Sonic Olympic Game titles, so I'm probably missing something.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Yeah, when you look at Wendy, Freestyle Swimming would probably focus more on speed and technique, which leaves the power stat feeling useless.
And that's exactly why Rosalina should've been in aquatics events. Not only does she has the stats for it, but other things as well such as wardrobe and skills since it is said she is elegant when it comes to the Olympics.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
And that's exactly why Rosalina should've been in aquatics events. Not only does she has the stats for it, but other things as well such as wardrobe and skills since it is said she is elegant when it comes to the Olympics.

Exactly. She's "elegant", which is one of her most glowing areas of her personality. She should be in activities where "grace" and technique is the main focus.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
And that's why she is in Rythm Clubs.

Those are the events were this aspects are seen the most.

Ribbon Dancing , Figure Skating , etc.

These events are the ones in which elegance and grace are seen clearly , as opposed to swimming.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Hey... I had never noticed, but Rosalina's on Mario Kart 8's boxart...
Just above Peach, in the Badwagon... She's so small compared to the others, I've never heard anyone mentioning her there... So this boxart contains the main characters of the main series... Honestly, I still wonder why I never saw her.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hey... I had never noticed, but Rosalina's on Mario Kart 8's boxart...
Just above Peach, in the Badwagon... She's so small compared to the others, I've never heard anyone mentioning her there... So this boxart contains the main characters of the main series... Honestly, I still wonder why I never saw her.
I'm pretty sure I mentioned her before in some "games with Rosalina on the front cover" discussion.

But yeah, she's kinda tucked away because she's an unlockab;e character, I guess.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah, Rosalina can be seen on the Mario Kart 8 box art, but I've never really liked the idea of seeing her use the Badwagon, since it looks more like a kart that Wario and Roy Koopa would be driving.

Also, it should be noted that none of Rosalina's 3D artworks for Mario Kart 8 pair her with the Badwagon; she's instead paired with the Standard ATV. As for the 2D artwork, Rosalina ends up using the Standard Bike.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Oh hey, it's the Star Bits Pokémon. :rosalina:

When I saw its reveal and the outer shell broke apart, it reminded me of:
Galactic Nova from Kirby, specifically from Kirby Planet Robobot since it had an outer shell you had to destroy.

Last edited:

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
When I saw its reveal and the outer shell broke apart, it reminded me of:
Galactic Nova from Kirby, specifically from Kirby Planet Robobot since it had an outer shell you had to destroy.
It first reminded me, actually, of a Mexican candy.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I was able to do my first mod in MK7. I replaced Kerri's voice clips with Laura's , as i arranged them in MKWii.

Laura's voice really sounds nice with the echo you put. Great job!

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Laura's voice really sounds nice with the echo you put. Great job!
Thank you. I'm very fond of many of Laura's clips. I mostly prefer her ''Victory'' quotes over than Kerri's because she actually says sentences .

Kerri is like ''Wooooooo yeah!'' and Laura is like ''Yes! Victory'' , which i like better.

Im planning to release it later , after updating it , since doing the actual process is kind of a stretch , so to save people the work , i will just share it.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So recently I saw a couple of Youtube channels got the Universal Yums, and July was shockingly my country Taiwan. Kind of disappointed me was that most of the snacks inside it are just regular modern snack that you can buy in Taiwan. Hell, one of the candy Hi-chew is actually from a Japanese company.

But still I hope everyone can try these snacks cuz they are great!

In the video they saw a trivia script with the first question:
Is Taiwan a part of China...
Let's be true here, this is a very sensitive question... not even I can be sure to answer either yes or no...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Huh, you folks sure have been a bit busy here...or I just don't come here as much as I used to.
Anyways, today is a very special day for me.
That's right. Today is the day that is my birthday. :)

Top Bottom