• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Even better if she made it into the Paper Mario series. As well as other series like Mario & Luigi, and other sports title such as Striker. Personally, I'd like to see Rosalina wearing new clothings, like how Peach got to wore a Kimono and that one striped black and white dress at the 3DS cover Ad.

I was really upset knowing that Rosalina was exclusive at Mario and Sonic at the Rio Olympics, so she wouldn't have any other outfit aside her leotard.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The people have spoken, Rosalina makes games better.

I did feel kind of bumped when I knew Rosalina didn't pkay a major role in SMG2, ut was the only SMG tgat had official Chinese translate. They even made the comnercial slogan in the ad saying : Even those who had not played SMG can still fully enjoy the games experience.
If I want add something for the slogan, I will add :Those who only played SMG2 should play SMG as well.
****, nothing is impossible with Rosalina around.
This is why I think Taiwan's slogan for SMG is stupid. And how only SMG2 have Chinese while SMG doesn't.
Even better if she made it into the Paper Mario series. As well as other series like Mario & Luigi, and other sports title such as Striker. Personally, I'd like to see Rosalina wearing new clothings, like how Peach got to wore a Kimono and that one striped black and white dress at the 3DS cover Ad.

I was really upset knowing that Rosalina was exclusive at Mario and Sonic at the Rio Olympics, so she wouldn't have any other outfit aside her leotard.
Peach can also be casual like this

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I did feel kind of bumped when I knew Rosalina didn't pkay a major role in SMG2, ut was the only SMG tgat had official Chinese translate. They even made the comnercial slogan in the ad saying : Even those who had not played SMG can still fully enjoy the games experience.
If I want add something for the slogan, I will add :Those who only played SMG2 should play SMG as well.
This is why I think Taiwan's slogan for SMG is stupid. And how only SMG2 have Chinese while SMG doesn't.
Well , Rosalina didnt exactly play a super big role in Galaxy either.

While obviously bigger than the sequel (it was only a cameo) she is still the adviser NPC in the first game , and the one memorable thing about her in that game is not really related to the game itself , its actually related to her character but nothing about the game as it is. So if you take it out , as originally planned, the game would play the same.

The thing is , that the storybook is what makes Galaxy 1 better since thats what added some depth to the game while focusing on 1 character involved in the story being told , aka Rosalina.

Judging how close the poll is , its pretty much irrelevant ; For one side you can see Rosalina earlier in the game , on the other you have some new power ups , and Yoshi to ride while also being able to see Rosalina at some point.

Eh ... i honestly wouldnt know which one to pick , i have favorite missions and worlds in both games.

Theres so many points to analyze in both games , as they are very memorable.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Well , Rosalina didnt exactly play a super big role in Galaxy either.

While obviously bigger than the sequel (it was only a cameo) she is still the adviser NPC in the first game , and the one memorable thing about her in that game is not really related to the game itself , its actually related to her character but nothing about the game as it is. So if you take it out , as originally planned, the game would play the same.

The thing is , that the storybook is what makes Galaxy 1 better since thats what added some depth to the game while focusing on 1 character involved in the story being told , aka Rosalina.
And don't forget that it's the game where her home was literally the game's hub world, and somewhat bigger than Starship Mario. Rosalina uses a fair share of her magical abilities in both games, but the Galaxy 1 was deeper. I like to think she does play a big role in the Mario universe, basically being a celestial god caring for the galaxies and all of the individual beings. She may not play a big role in one game or more, but I'm sure she does in other games.

And about Rosalina's storybook, I wish that the game had options to read more books, or seeing Rosalina read more books. At least she does that in Super Mario Galaxy 2, but I'd prefer Galaxy 1 over 2.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a gallery of the guests in Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
https://play.nintendo.com/activities/galleries/mario-sonic-rio-2016-olympic-games-events/

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Rosalina's storybook and her playing a role are exactly why I prefer the first Mario Galaxy game over Galaxy 2. While I did enjoyed the sequel, it was literally just another same old Mario game.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Rosalina's storybook and her playing a role are exactly why I prefer the first Mario Galaxy game over Galaxy 2. While I did enjoyed the sequel, it was literally just another same old Mario game.
Well, at least it had some good things on the plus side such as Rosalina's head for a file and Cosmic Spirit. Rosalina also showed new magical ability she can put to use to interact and to do other things.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 isn't neccessarily a 'old' Mario game but it is the same because it is a sequel which mean it's supposed to be similiar to the original one.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"Rosalina didn't play a major role in the first Galaxy"

>She canonically saves Mario's life twice, once at the beginning and once at the end (not accounting for when the player jumps off the Observatory)
>She destroys Bowser's fleet in the end single-handedly
>Has an entire backstory dedicated to her (yes, it is part of the game itself since it's integrated into the game world i.e you have to physically make the choice to find it as a player, and more chapters are unlocked based on your progress. This is what we call "gameplay-story integration", the opposite of segregation)
>She pretty much moves 90% of the actual plot scenes and explanations along
>The secret ending is solely about her making a fourth wall breaking interaction with the player, and leaves a sequel hook
>She pretty much saves everyone and everything at the end
>She's literally the closest thing the Mario universe has to a god-like being
>The hub world is her home and therefore leaves loads of bread crumbs about her character, and you can also talk to her at different points in the game and get lots of different kinds of dialogue out of her

Rosalina is literally the main character of Galaxy in everything but playability. Like to say she didn't play a major role in it is delusional. The majority of the game's plot elements revolve around her, and Yoshiaki Koizumi has even stated that certain elements that were originally part of the storybook, were promoted to be actual scenes because he wanted her to be a big focus in the game.

There is a reason she became so popular and would go on to stay as a main cast member of the franchise. That wouldn't have happened if she was a "minor" character in her original game.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Her hands look really tiny and she looks a bit too shiny in some parts but it is just the prototype.

Looking forward to getting it either way.

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
She looks so pretty in it.
Not sure when I'll be able to get my hands on one. Hopefully they are easily to acquire then the last model.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
By then, there will be two type of Amiibos for Rosalina. And Luma technically does have an amiibo, considering in the Smash one he shares with Rosalina. My highlights for the Rosalina amiibo is probably her fabulous violet nails, her gown, and her face.

As i said , these new amiibos are looking reeeeeeally thick for some reason.
My guess is that they make them thick for durability.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Eh , maybe its just the ones for showcase.
I think it's a good design decision to make the amiibo thicker, mainly because amiibo tend to be aimed at children and young teens (despite adults mainly purchasing them). Having the amiibo thicker makes them more durable and less breakable when children are handling them.

Personally, I'm fine with the thicker design because every time I'm holding the Smash amiibo, they feel very frail and I feel like I could accidentally break them (plus Rosalina's head can bend very easily because of the lack of support around the neck). Aesthetically, the amiibo look kinda chubby (which is an unfortunate side effect of making them durable).

It'd be nice if they didn't look so thick, but let's face the facts. It's cheaper for Nintendo to pile on plastic and make them thicker, rather than producing them with an expensive, more durable material.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think it's a good design decision to make the amiibo thicker, mainly because amiibo tend to be aimed at children and young teens (despite adults mainly purchasing them). Having the amiibo thicker makes them more durable and less breakable when children are handling them.

Personally, I'm fine with the thicker design because every time I'm holding the Smash amiibo, they feel very frail and I feel like I could accidentally break them (plus Rosalina's head can bend very easily because of the lack of support around the neck). Aesthetically, the amiibo look kinda chubby (which is an unfortunate side effect of making them durable).

It'd be nice if they didn't look so thick, but let's face the facts. It's cheaper for Nintendo to pile on plastic and make them thicker, rather than producing them with an expensive, more durable material.
It's not that well detailed than the Smash Bros version in my opinion, but I will still get it.
And damn my brother just piss me in Smash Bros again, I can't really beat his Corrin with Rosalina... the more I use Cloud the more I did poorly with Rosalina, this isn't good... hell, even my Smash skill isn't looking pretty honestly and my rage quit is still problem (Afterall, I'm playing with my brother not FG, I won't get mad in FG unless they taught or just spam moves)

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Well, either way, the Rosalina amiibos are still marvelous. There's something I've notice about the two amiibos, and it's that she places her right hand out. But in some artworks and games, she uses her left hand. Like Smash in-game, but we all know she is ambidextrous. Just pointing out that she uses her right hand for the amiibos.

Can't wait to see this babe galactic majesty working in Mario Party Star Rush! It's always nice to rewatch the E3 gameplay. I LOVE the way she was having her normal stance but floating with her right hand on her hips, when we first saw her, so I timestamped it to that part.

Here's another fanart of Rosalina from Deviant Art.
Source: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Mario-Luigi-RPG-Style-Rosalina-and-Luma-620075845

I am so very much into Rosalina more than before, YES!

It's not that well detailed than the Smash Bros version in my opinion, but I will still get it.
And damn my brother just piss me in Smash Bros again, I can't really beat his Corrin with Rosalina... the more I use Cloud the more I did poorly with Rosalina, this isn't good... hell, even my Smash skill isn't looking pretty honestly and my rage quit is still problem (Afterall, I'm playing with my brother not FG, I won't get mad in FG unless they taught or just spam moves)
I don't do good either, but practice makes perfect.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Oy, rage quitting ain't good for ya or everyone else. You could lose your sanity.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't do good either, but practice makes perfect.
Maybe, but really, ironically two FE character that I hate fighting the most are Robin and Corrin…
Oy, rage quitting ain't good for ya or everyone else. You could lose your sanity.
That's just my bad habit, I already slam my GC controllers when kept losing to my brother (And still work perfectly fine) when I'm using my main like Rosalina (Or especially Rosalina). It's just isane, not to mention that he uses Wii U Pro… I just can handle with that kind of salt…
I am a whiner but it takes time for me to handle with that salt.

Okay enough with those rant, I need deal with my brother's Corrin, any advice on this MU?

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Maybe, but really, ironically two FE character that I hate fighting the most are Robin and Corrin…

That's just my bad habit, I already slam my GC controllers when kept losing to my brother (And still work perfectly fine) when I'm using my main like Rosalina (Or especially Rosalina). It's just isane, not to mention that he uses Wii U Pro… I just can handle with that kind of salt…

Okay enough with those rant, I need deal with my brother's Corrin, any advice on this MU?
Give your brother a shout out for being a Robin and Corrin main for me, will ya? :grin:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Give your brother a shout out for being a Robin and Corrin main for me, will ya? :grin:
I had mention this before, my brother is a FE fan. And Robin and Corrin are the FE characters that no one expected, but my brother did, sort of. All I say, while everyone is raging for Sakurai for adding too many FE characters, FE fans are happy and glad that Sakurai add many FE characters.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I had mention this before, my brother is a FE fan. And Robin and Corrin are the FE characters that no one expected, but my brother did, sort of. All I say, while everyone is raging for Sakurai for adding too many FE characters, FE fans are happy and glad that Sakurai add many FE characters.
Being a Fire Emblem fan that I am, I'm one of them.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Oh man, I know that feeling. For me, online is 1000 times worse because you don't have someone next to you to joke about your loss or having a good time. It's just a screen. I sometimes throw some small objects like tiny papers or my slippers to calm down when I lose. The thing that make me salty the most is when a player that already beat me (and I already know he is better than me) switch to my character to demonstrate his superiority... That makes me so angry I want to punch my tv.

From the minimal experience I have you can use star bits when he/she launches with dragon lunge but you have to be real quick at the right distance. Never approach him/her because the risk of a neutral b is terrible and shield often when he/she is above you because dair can be a pain to deal with and shield-grab is the perfect answer.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Being a Fire Emblem fan that I am, I'm one of them.
And we really don't understand why people were so mad at Corrin being in Smash, the Final Presentation got mixed reviews just because we got another FE character. If you guys did know, Sakurai is clearly a FE fan. So not surprised he's bias torwards FE. Hell, there was an interview of Sakurai in the FE 20th anniversary book special edition. He was the one who made FE popular worldwide. And he saw it's potential of being a good series.
Some of you might think why I don't like some FE characters in Smash. Well it's just that I hate fighting against them. Robins projectiles are annoying, and some of his attacks have bizarre knockback. And why the hell they made his recovery spike? That way I can't edge spike him with my Mario's up B...
So I understand those who don't like FE characters because they are annoying to fight against (I know I am probably the only person in this category), but screw those who say FE doesn't deserve more characters. Double screw those say Smash Bros shouldn't have anime characters as an excuse for sayig FE shouldn't have more characters.

FE Fates was an awesome game. My brother finish playing Nohr route, Hoshido route, Revelation, and the rest of the DLC story.

Oh man, I know that feeling. For me, online is 1000 times worse because you don't have someone next to you to joke about your loss or having a good time. It's just a screen. I sometimes throw some small objects like tiny papers or my slippers to calm down when I lose. The thing that make me salty the most is when a player that already beat me (and I already know he is better than me) switch to my character to demonstrate his superiority... That makes me so angry I want to punch my tv.
Well, I did play a lot of FG last year's summer on my 3DS, there were times I did poorly with Mario. So I use Rosalina for a majority of the time. There was one player who keeps spamming special moves, he used Kirby(Abusing Down B), ZSS(Her side B ,dash attack and I lost of this one), Sonic (His neutral B). Thanks to him I got many wins, but I was bored at the time. I kept playing against him until my dad stop me playing. Another time is just I play with one of my friends online and we chat with Skype, there were time I kept spamming comments when I lost, which wasn't a very appropriate thig to do. Glad that friend was nice to give me advice and tell me to clam down.

Even more recent is a Villager kept using gyroid on the edge. Which is a clever thing to do since my Clud has a bad air game on the edge. Which was awful...
From the minimal experience I have you can use star bits when he/she launches with dragon lunge but you have to be real quick at the right distance. Never approach him/her because the risk of a neutral b is terrible and shield often when he/she is above you because dair can be a pain to deal with and shield-grab is the perfect answer.
I remember there are time I tried to grab Corrin when he finishes his down air and dash attack, but I can't believe his lag is only that minimum.
And don't get me started with dragon lunge, it's probably the most annoying move along with dragon fang shot.

tl;dr my brother's Corrin is a toxic that needs to be stopped.
Found this amazing art earlier.

It was literally made for me.

There's already artwork of Rosalina and Shulk, I hope there's Rosalina and Cloud...

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
And we really don't understand why people were so mad at Corrin being in Smash, the Final Presentation got mixed reviews just because we got another FE character. If you guys did know, Sakurai is clearly a FE fan. So not surprised he's bias torwards FE. Hell, there was an interview of Sakurai in the FE 20th anniversary book special edition. He was the one who made FE popular worldwide. And he saw it's potential of being a good series.
Some of you might think why I don't like some FE characters in Smash. Well it's just that I hate fighting against them. Robins projectiles are annoying, and some of his attacks have bizarre knockback. And why the hell they made his recovery spike? That way I can't edge spike him with my Mario's up B...
So I understand those who don't like FE characters because they are annoying to fight against (I know I am probably the only person in this category), but screw those who say FE doesn't deserve more characters. Double screw those say Smash Bros shouldn't have anime characters as an excuse for sayig FE shouldn't have more characters.

FE Fates was an awesome game. My brother finish playing Nohr route, Hoshido route, Revelation, and the rest of the DLC story.
The fact that Nintendo now recognizes the Fire Emblem series in the same level as Mario, Zelda and Pokemon as a major IP puts a smile on my face. I don't care what the naysayers say about the series or Sakurai in general (since he's the main reason why Fire Emblem is no longer a Japan exclusive IP), I absolutely love it.
There's already artwork of Rosalina and Shulk, I hope there's Rosalina and Cloud...
Anyone who eventually makes a drawing of Rosalina and Cloud together one day will get an A+ from me.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The fact that Nintendo now recognizes the Fire Emblem series in the same level as Mario, Zelda and Pokemon as a major IP puts a smile on my face. I don't care what the naysayers say about the series or Sakurai in general (since he's the main reason why Fire Emblem is no longer a Japan exclusive IP), I absolutely love it.
And another dumb excuse from them is "Too many sword fighters"

Yeah...right...

I can still remember that time when my brothers were playing the FE game from the Japanese Super Famicom we bought from yardsale (It was that Super Famicom that introduce us FE and Kirby). While unlocking Marth and Roy in Melee. But sadly after that we sort of having a gaming hiatus/drought, and we didn't know that FE got popular because of Melee until we serch the Internet.

Anyone who eventually makes a drawing of Rosalina and Cloud together one day will get an A+ from me.
Hm...
(Searching "Rosalina and Cloud" on Google)
Close... but no Cloud
Wait... whoa!
This is cool!
I give A++ on this one!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
And another dumb excuse from them is "Too many sword fighters"

Yeah...right...

I can still remember that time when my brothers were playing the FE game from the Japanese Super Famicom we bought from yardsale (It was that Super Famicom that introduce us FE and Kirby). While unlocking Marth and Roy in Melee. But sadly after that we sort of having a gaming hiatus/drought, and we didn't know that FE got popular because of Melee until we serch the Internet.

Hm...
(Searching "Rosalina and Cloud" on Google)
Close... but no Cloud
Wait... whoa!
This is cool!

I give A++ on this one!
Ah **** that's a bad*** pic. That's an A+++++ from me.
But I still want more though.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Wow ... when you put it in perspective , there are more than 100 dollars in plastic figures in there.

And if you get some through scalpers ... oh my.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Peach from the Super Mario line-up is missing from this picture, as well as Mega Yarn Yoshi (makes sense since it can't fit on that display). I'm sure there are more not in this picture.
Yeah, I've noticed. I don't actually know why some amiibos are missing to be honest. From a distance, it's like Rosalina is forcing a power at Wario somehow. It would've been cool if Rosalina has something similiar to the Mario Smash amiibo, like she could have the blue aura cosmos and stars like Mario has the fire. At least for her Smash one she got a Luma.

EDIT:

Here's another comparison:

This time it's her amiibos in a box. I do have to question why Smash makes it more flashy and more action-ish? I'd prefer just the Mario series Rosalina amiibo one, probably because of the artwork provided on the box.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Yeah, I've noticed. I don't actually know why some amiibos are missing to be honest. From a distance, it's like Rosalina is forcing a power at Wario somehow. It would've been cool if Rosalina has something similiar to the Mario Smash amiibo, like she could have the blue aura cosmos and stars like Mario has the fire. At least for her Smash one she got a Luma.

EDIT:

Here's another comparison:

This time it's her amiibos in a box. I do have to question why Smash makes it more flashy and more action-ish? I'd prefer just the Mario series Rosalina amiibo one, probably because of the artwork provided on the box.
I can't get over the quality of that artwork. I wonder in which game it'll be used. Her artworks always are the best. I especially like the Mario Kart 8 where she's like really serious around these smily guys racing happily.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I can't get over the quality of that artwork. I wonder in which game it'll be used. Her artworks always are the best. I especially like the Mario Kart 8 where she's like really serious around these smily guys racing happily.
I know! And this amiibo will probably be used for other games that are compatible with Rosalina amiibos and Mario Party Star Rush.

Some of her artwork has her doing the poker face, while some has her smiling but either way, it is amazing. So I agree. Not only does Mario Kart 8 has her being serious, but it goes the same for Mario Tennis Ultra Smash.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Rosalina looks super serious in her Mario Kart 8 Artwork.

Too bad thats not the case in the actual game.

Now that Rosalina is way more girly and lively , i think an artwork like the one in Mario Party 10 suits her the best.

3D world is a good artwork , but is so forced , Rosalina smiling from ear to ear after having this serious face in the past ... nah , thats such a huge leap , so her MP10 is the best one for it.

Same with the Smash one. Smiling but its not too much.

Not too much , but still smiling . Her older renders looks so much out of place now that she is not calm.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So I was wondering... Since people are doing many Smash mods and it's gaining popularity, to what extent have you guys modded Smash? (if you have). For me, all I've been doing is adding new music and replacing some victory themes. I've changed Rosalina's victory theme to the original from Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2:

Smash's version: http://www.smashcustommusic.com/48998
Galaxy 2 version: http://www.smashcustommusic.com/15524

I haven't added textures, but I probably will soon. I'd also want to make custom textures since I already have the tools to do so. I'd probably edit Rosalina's red dress to look like the one from Super Mario 3D World:

If someone already made a mod like this on Game Banana, then I'll probably move on to my other texture mod idea, Margaret from Persona 4:

The lines will be a bit tricky to get, and the hair band could be too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom