• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I haven't gotten to use all of her abilities yet, but she has a really powerful magical zap move. She can also heal two team members at a time, which also gives them buffed defense.
Quite good magic tricks I see. I know this is just a bootleg, but they could have at least put Rosalina's bang on the right side.
And I wonder if Nintendo will even be able to take this down...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Another strange thing is that Rosalina has exposed armpits in this game.

I'm actually trying to rip sprites from the game now.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So there's a boot leg Smash Bros RPG for Android that comes from China, and it's pretty fun. Rosalina's in it and she's the 5th character you get (after Mario, Mega Man, Midna, and Old Snake).

I just unlocked her myself.

View attachment 111288
I ain't gonna play those Chinese knockoff games depit I know Chinese.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Well Long gloves dont reach that area.

Zeldas dress is actually sleeve-less , unlike Peach´s as in example.

In Official media Rosalina is not capable into doing so either because it wouldn't make sense following logically the pattern of her gown.

However , in Mario Tennis Ultra Smash Rosalina exposes her whole arms just like Peach and Daisy thanks to her new Sleeve-less sport dress that matches the other two.

Its not something very impressive really.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Found this today on Twitter:

And this really satisfies me.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So it turns out you can actually play as the different Mario and Sonic characters in the hub world of Rio Olympics Wii U.

You can float around and soak up the sun in Rosalina's sexy leotard!

Also I LOVE how they emphasised her size.

Canonically she should be bigger than Big but it's a crossover so you take what you can get (they probably made Big the biggest because...well, his name is Big).

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Curious to know if there is anyone here actually playing the Marios & Sonic game? I have no plans to get it myself until maybe the week the Rio Summer Olympics starts next month.

Last edited:

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
Curious to know if there is anyone here actually playing the Marios & Sonic game? I have no plans to get it myself until maybe the week the Rio Summer Olympics starts next month.
I'm at my cousin's house for the rest of july and brought my wii u, and he really wants us to go out and get it, so I may sometime this week!
The game itself looks pretty fun honestly.

Oh, and happy 4th of july everyone!

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
From what i see , the game looks pretty good.

Its not as bad as i initially thought. Which is a surprise.

Still , not my cup of tea , but not really a disaster. Its good for the most part.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm at my cousin's house for the rest of july and brought my wii u, and he really wants us to go out and get it, so I may sometime this week!
The game itself looks pretty fun honestly.

Oh, and happy 4th of july everyone!
I still have until the end of the month to decide. I already plan to buy a PlayStation Vita for my birthday

And a Happy 4th of July to all of my fellow American Rosalina players here. :)

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
So it turns out you can actually play as the different Mario and Sonic characters in the hub world of Rio Olympics Wii U.

You can float around and soak up the sun in Rosalina's sexy leotard!

Also I LOVE how they emphasised her size.

Canonically she should be bigger than Big but it's a crossover so you take what you can get (they probably made Big the biggest because...well, his name is Big).
She can be, just by expanding in size in which ending took place in Super Mario Galaxy. And also, by bigger, don't you mean taller? I know you don't mean to say that she's bigger and fatter nor do I mean to say so but I just kinda think that how it should be worded. Women, but not all, tend to be shorter than most men, so cut the people creating her render some slack but I know everyone, including you and I, like her height but there is always someone bigger. Again, not saying that you think or implying that Rosalina should be taller than everyone or whatever you may think but remember that post Sakurai made which included Rosalina with the fairy from Pac-man, there's always someone bigger. Sorry if I said something like this similiar again, I like the praises that Rosalina get but I just don't like that it puts down the others. Even if you didn't put down anybody with your praise for Rosalina, I don't like it when people do that because their fandom is way above the max that they could care less about anything else but Rosalina. I really hope you didn't find any offense in this, and if you do, then I'm sorry.

I missed the days where Rosalina was walking (Like in SMG) but instead all she does nowadays is float in games and etc. Now don't be misled, she does get on her feet at the dancing performances but her main stance and Hub world's walking and well, maybe overall over these past games are what I speak of. It would be nice to see Rosalina walking once in a while, because it can show us that she can walk on every single planet or platform. So really, my only complaints about Rosalina is her lack of walking and well, being exclusive to only one event. Other than that, it's amazing! Thanks for sharing though, even if you can move as Rosalina in the game, I'm still skeptic about getting it. Getting a new laptop seems more of a better option for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy 4th of July!

Rosalina: "Shall we celebrate the 4th of July with the launching of the Star-bits, Polari?"
Polari: "Yes, and it will be spectacular like the Star Festivals held each century!"

Source: Click me <3

I still have until the end of the month to decide. I already plan to buy a PlayStation Vita for my birthday

And a Happy 4th of July to all of my fellow American Rosalina players here. :)
Aww... Thanks, you too!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think the problem with ANY of the modern Nintendo games has been that they aren't good games.

They are just lacking in content.

Like Ultra Smash looks really fun from a mechanics standpoint. I hear it's the best in the series in terms of how it feels to play. It's just it has nothing to do.

Rio Olympics is sort of the same, there's no online mode and it relies on you having a big crowd to play with. You also play as your Mii for the main campaign which defeats the purpose of it being a Mario & Sonic game.

Events like Rugby and BMX look real fun to play but it has no real Dream Events and of course they didn't give us fully fleshed new characters like they initially teased.

I might get it if I see it for cheap or indeed, when the Wii U is out of business I might pirate it, but I'm not buying it at full price.

She can be, just by expanding in size in which ending took place in Super Mario Galaxy two. And also, by bigger, don't you mean taller? I know you don't mean to say that she's bigger and fatter nor do I mean to say so but I just kinda think that how it should be worded. Women, but not all, tend to be shorter than most men, so cut the people creating her render some slack but I know everyone, including you and I, like her height but there is always someone bigger. Again, not saying that you think or implying that Rosalina should be taller than everyone or whatever you may think but remember that post Sakurai made which included Rosalina with the fairy from Pac-man, there's always someone bigger. Sorry if I said something like this similiar again, I like the praises that Rosalina get but I just don't like that it puts down the others. Even if you didn't put down anybody with your praise for Rosalina, I don't like it when people do that because their fandom is way above the max that they could care less about anything else but Rosalina. I really hope you didn't find any offense in this, and if you do, then I'm sorry.

I missed the days where Rosalina was walking (Like in SMG) but instead all she does nowadays is float in games and etc. Now don't be mislead, she does get on her feet at the dancing performances but her main stance and Hub world's walking and well, maybe overall over these past games are what I speak of. It would be nice to see Rosalina walking once in a while, because it can show us that she can walk on every single planet or platform. So really, my only complaints about Rosalina is her lack of walking and well, being exclusive to only one event. Other than that, it's amazing! Thanks for sharing though, even if you can move as Rosalina in the game, I'm still skeptic about getting it. Getting a new laptop seems more of a better option for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy 4th of July!

Rosalina: "Shall we celebrate the 4th of July with the launching of the Star-bits, Polari?"
Polari: "Yes, and it will be spectacular like the Star Festivals held each century!"

Source: Click me <3

Aww... Thanks, you too!
I love Big, I'm not putting him down. I'm super excited for Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3.

But I was just noting that literally, Rosalina should be taller if we go by canon. Big is 6'6", Rosalina is 7'7".

Also that post from Sakurai doesn't mean anything because Rosalina isn't her canon height in Smash anyway (it's also technically not the real Rosalina either). And that fairy wasn't that tall in relation to Pac-Man in Pac-Land either. It's just Sakurai making a silly post.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Didnt Rosalina only walk in 3D World?

Im pretty sure she floated in Super Mario Galaxy all the time and if not, well at least most of the time.

Mario Tennis Ultra Smash is the first game where Rosalina floats with a different outfit thats not her dress , so it kinda looks less magical and more like Boo does it.

Also , im coincidentially hearing from some people just now that Rio Olympics kinda sucks , because of certain gameplay mechanics.

I will keep my thoughts on that until i play it then , lol

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I don't think the problem with ANY of the modern Nintendo games has been that they aren't good games.

They are just lacking in content.

Like Ultra Smash looks really fun from a mechanics standpoint. I hear it's the best in the series in terms of how it feels to play. It's just it has nothing to do.

Rio Olympics is sort of the same, there's no online mode and it relies on you having a big crowd to play with. You also play as your Mii for the main campaign which defeats the purpose of it being a Mario & Sonic game.

Events like Rugby and BMX look real fun to play but it has no real Dream Events and of course they didn't give us fully fleshed new characters like they initially teased.

I might get it if I see it for cheap or indeed, when the Wii U is out of business I might pirate it, but I'm not buying it at full price.

I love Big, I'm not putting him down. I'm super excited for Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3.

But I was just noting that literally, Rosalina should be taller if we go by canon. Big is 6'6", Rosalina is 7'7".

Also that post from Sakurai doesn't mean anything because Rosalina isn't her canon height in Smash anyway (it's also technically not the real Rosalina either). And that fairy wasn't that tall in relation to Pac-Man in Pac-Land either. It's just Sakurai making a silly post.
Ah.. Yes, that's right. I don't know some of the things like Rosalina isn't real in Smash or if Sakurai made a serious or silly post... Or what will happen if Donald Trumps wins presidency. Thank you for the heights info, I didn't know how canonically tall Rosalina was since she ranges in different canon and noncanon games. I'll keep Big's in mind too.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Ah.. Yes, that's right. I don't know some of the things like Rosalina isn't real in Smash or if Sakurai made a serious or silly post... Or what will happen if Donald Trumps wins presidency. Thank you for the heights info, I didn't know how canonically tall Rosalina was since she ranges in different canon and noncanon games. I'll keep Big's in mind too.

To be fair , it honestly doesnt matter so dont hold on to it that much.

You have Bowser who can be Gigantic and then in other games shrink to sizes that arent much bigger than some Mario characters.

It depends on the game , but it doesnt really matter that much.

Though you can tell that they mantain a certain trait , for example Rosalina no matter the game , is always bigger than Peach and about the same size as Waluigi sometimes.

Daisy , when put in comparison is noticeably smaller than Peach and now she is chubbier too.

So its pretty cool they keep details like these for most of the characters.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
To be fair , it honestly doesnt matter so dont hold on to it that much.

You have Bowser who can be Gigantic and then in other games shrink to sizes that arent much bigger than some Mario characters.

It depends on the game , but it doesnt really matter that much.

Though you can tell that they mantain a certain trait , for example Rosalina no matter the game , is always bigger than Peach and about the same size as Waluigi sometimes.

Daisy , when put in comparison is noticeably smaller than Peach and now she is chubbier too.

So its pretty cool they keep details like these for most of the characters.
Yeah, each games has it unique ways so that's one of the reason why the characters, like you said, can be chubbier or gigantic! The same probably went for the voice portrayals..?

And for Super Mario 3D World, she DID indeed walk. I only question her normal and fire form if she actually walks or float since her gown moves in a way that seems a bit like floating.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
She runs or walks in the entire game except in the world where you meet her , she is standing floating along a Luma.

Currently the only games in which Rosalina doesnt float at all are Mario Kart 7 and Mario Kart 8.
Galaxy and Galaxy 2 , she does it.

In Mario Kart Wii select screen and award screen with her dress.

In 3D World

in Ultra Smash

In Mario Party

Even in the Puzzle and Dragons game.

She pretty much does it all the time except for those 2 games above.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
She runs or walks in the entire game except in the world where you meet her , she is standing floating along a Luma.

Currently the only games in which Rosalina doesnt float at all are Mario Kart 7 and Mario Kart 8.
Galaxy and Galaxy 2 , she does it.

In Mario Kart Wii select screen and award screen with her dress.

In 3D World

in Ultra Smash

In Mario Party

Even in the Puzzle and Dragons game.

She pretty much does it all the time except for those 2 games above.
I wish Nintendo would treat her floating and walking with equality, because it seems floating is overpowering her walking. I mean like, we get that she can fly and float but why have her float every time? It's also a bit silly in Mario Party 10 because in some minigame shows that she still falls even though she's floating.

I really liked where in Super Mario Galaxy where she walked her dress flowed with the wind along and when she flew up and spun her gown twirls. That was a cinematic moment yet bittersweet one, cause what's not amazing about that? Maybe the flowing of her gown AND hair would be better in a game that has like REALLY good graphics.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Well , id rather have Rosalina keep floating forever in all games considering that now that her echo voice is long gone , her floating is the only remaining detail that makes her a little bit more unique.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Curious you ask.

I dont have many head canons , but one i particularly have is that the reason why Rosalina lost her echo is because she is now in the earth , aka Mushroom Kingdom , instead of outer space.

This humanizes (maybe thats not a word? lol) Rosalina even more so she adapts to the new activities inside the Mario crew that are located inside the Kingdom instead of outer space.

Of course this is really not true lol , but its just a bit of my silly self trying to make it a little light hearted.

Mostly because the real reason for that little the detail to be absent is lazyness , judging how Baby Rosalina keeps this trait.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I like your head canon. It makes sense, I understand the whole idea of Rosalina being on Earth and losing her echo. I can envision that. I was honestly thinking that answer to the reason why Rosalina lost her echo was because of the idea presented in your head canon while I still understand the whole concept of the reason is head canon. The real reason COULD be lazyness, or it just a flaw inflicted on Rosalina on purpose?

(P.S, if "humanizes" isn't a word, you should try humanify!) And finally, don't we all love levity?

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Planetary adaptation could be a feasible reason for a lack of echo in a head canon, at least to make up for them just arbitrarily not using it. Come to think of it, what about the Lumas "adapting" in similar ways? I don't recall them losing their echo in 3D World if they even made sounds in that game. Unless it's just Rosalina in particular because the Lumas are natural space beings. Yeah, it's definitely a much more lighthearted idea than saying that they simply don't care anymore, which may be true, but we're all free to improvise.

And yes, humanize is definitely a real word.
  1. Make (something) more humane or civilized.
  2. Give (something) a human character.
So is humanify.
  • To make human; to invest with a human personality; to incarnate.
At least that's what Google told me.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To be fair, this silliness extended to Boo in Mario Party's 5-8 plus whenever else they were playable.
It's quite amusing how levitating fighters end up falling down to the ground, but I guess the reason for this is so that all fighters are on an even playing field.

On another subject, has anyone ever noticed this Rosalina texture hack? And before anyone asks, this is NOT my work (it belongs to someone else).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's quite amusing how levitating fighters end up falling down to the ground, but I guess the reason for this is so that all fighters are on an even playing field.

On another subject, has anyone ever noticed this Rosalina texture hack? And before anyone asks, this is NOT my work (it belongs to someone else).

I saw it on Gamebanana, yeah.

It's supposed to be Gardervoir's colour palette. Looks pretty cool, I might install it. Though I have gotten attached to my own texture hack (pictured in my avatar).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I saw it on Gamebanana, yeah.

It's supposed to be Gardervoir's colour palette. Looks pretty cool, I might install it. Though I have gotten attached to my own texture hack (pictured in my avatar).
At least you can create extra color slots when needed, though I have heard that some characters don't work very well if they're given more than 8 palette swaps.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
At least you can create extra color slots when needed, though I have heard that some characters don't work very well if they're given more than 8 palette swaps.
Yeah, I generally don't replace the default slots (except when I'm testing my texture hacks mid-development), I just meant in the sense I mostly use the skin I made now.

I have another idea for a Rosalina skin that I want to start making soon. Not sure if I will do that one or my Sonic one first though. Both are gonna be a bit more complex than the one I made already though.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I'm pretty sure Yoshi is one of the characters that can mess up the game if given addtional palette swaps (it froze the game for someone).

Now I may be wrong, but I think this issue has to do with the version of Smash Explorer. The latest version (that isn't a beta) is 0.07.1. It fixes some issues with SmashMusic plugins (vgmstream) and a couple other things. If you have custom mods / music and you wanna update to the newer version, copy the "workspace" folder from the old version to the new Smash Explorer folder and it should keep all progress previously made.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah, I generally don't replace the default slots (except when I'm testing my texture hacks mid-development), I just meant in the sense I mostly use the skin I made now.

I have another idea for a Rosalina skin that I want to start making soon. Not sure if I will do that one or my Sonic one first though. Both are gonna be a bit more complex than the one I made already though.
On my end, I did replace some of the default color slots, mostly because I didn't like the palettes that were implemented. For some examples...

Mario
Color slot 3: Ice Mario
Color slot 5: Flying Mario

Luigi
Color slot 4: Ice Luigi
Color slot 8: Flying Luigi

I even replaced most of Mewtwo's color slots, because I didn't exactly like the way that most of its recolors were handled.

However, I do have my set of rules in regards to which color slots I'll touch.
  • Rule 1: Do not touch color slot 1 for any fighter, as that's the fighter's default palette.
  • Rule 2: Color slots that are used for a fighter's alternate trophy can not be touched. For an example, Mario's 8th color slot is used for the Mario (Alt.) trophy, so I have to leave it alone. The reason for this is because those specific color slots are also used in Classic mode's 4th and 5th stage, and have large portraits that I don't want to mess around with (chr_90).
  • Rule 3: All 8 of Bowser Jr.'s default color slots need to stay untouched, as Bowser Jr. AND the Koopalings have their own trophies. New color slots have to be made instead.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Mario wiki staff in charge of the Shroom news issue , have posted an interview with Laura Faye Smith just recently.

http://www.mariowiki.com/The_'Shroom:Issue_111/Laura_Faye_Smith_Interview

She talks about how she got the role of Rosalina , what she thinks about the character and many other general things.
This part gave me the biggest, dumbest smile on my face.

What do you like the most about Rosalina? Have you put elements of your personality into your portrayal of her?
LFS: I love her backstory--how she is such a powerful character, but also has a lot of kindness and a motherly side towards the Lumas. I also like that her personality is colored by the sadness of missing her mother, but she's found a way to create a new family and overcome that sadness and still be strong and caring. I think it makes her interesting and complex! She feels like a grounded character to me, and I'm a pretty grounded person who likes to make the best of things, even when things are sad or frustrating, so I feel like we have that in common.
She sounds like such a lovely person and she's been becoming my favourite Rosalina as of late so I hope Nintendo keeps her around.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
One of the things that caught my interest is that she says that she works as an independent actress.

This means , that as long as She can stay around , they will keep her . Kinda the same case of Kerri Kane.

And of of late , she has the most Rosalina appearences already with like 7 games under her belt.

Her interpretation and deep insight of what she thinks of the character is very accurate and kinda helps put Rosalina in her current interpretations more into perspective.

1 thing is sure. Nintendo seems to be nice with their employees and crew ; many other people that have worked for them in many areas have expressed how nice the experience is.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm rather curious: is Rosalina's anti-gravity floating a constant thing, or does she have control over when it starts/ends?
She has control over it.

In Galaxy's secret ending, she's depicted as walking for a bit (you can hear her footsteps) and then she jumps off the big platform and slowly falls onto the grass below. She then walks some more, and then flat out takes flight into the air. This would indicate she has a perfect control over gravity, being able to precisely change it at a whim on a moment's notice.

Other examples are 3D World, where she floats when you meet her as an NPC, but runs when you play as her.

Or in the Rio Olympics game, she of course is on the ground normally when performing gymnastics, but floats any other time.

Sakurai also mentioned in a Miiverse post for Smash 4, that Rosalina is intentionally making herself lighter for Smash, to explain the sudden change from a heavyweight in Mario Kart, to a lightweight in Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I'm rather curious: is Rosalina's anti-gravity floating a constant thing, or does she have control over when it starts/ends?
They make it seem like she has control over it considering she can either stand and walk or keep hovering.

Though , much like Boo , as already pointed out its kinda funny that she is capable of falling of , like in Mario Party 10.

I would say she can float when theres a certain amount of ground under her , otherwise she cannot do it maybe (?)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

They make it seem like she has control over it considering she can either stand and walk or keep hovering.

Though , much like Boo , as already pointed out its kinda funny that she is capable of falling of , like in Mario Party 10.

I would say she can float when theres a certain amount of ground under her , otherwise she cannot do it maybe (?)
I wouldn't read into the Mario Party thing.

It's common for characters who can clearly fly at will to still just fall into a pit in games where other characters without flight are included. All characters play the same in Mario Party. This happens in games all of the time, characters are limited arbitrarily for the sake of "well we need an excuse to play the game". Rosalina actually comes under this trope all of the time because keeping her canon abilities in every game or letting her do whatever would make her way too broken and would probably require a ton of programming work to boot. For example, none of the player character's attacks can hurt NPC Rosalina in 3D World, but when you play as Rosalina, touching a Goomba hurts.

It's like how, in Sonic 2, Tails could clearly fly when you played as "Sonic & Tails". If Tails went off-screen, he'd fly back to Sonic.

However, if you play as Tails alone in Sonic 2, you actually can't make him fly, even though we know full well he can fly.

Top Bottom