• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Let just pray that the King of evil, A.K.A "He Who Must Not Be Named Here" does not take hundreds and hundreds of those amiibos again, it's likely but we can never know. I'm also joyful that Daisy along with Waluigi, Wario, Boo, DK and Diddy got their own amiibos! I wonder if we can paint on the Rosalina amiibo like we do with her smash ones. I just envision a Cosmic Spirit amiibo alt for Rosalina. There's plenty of possibilities of what to do with it, after all, it'll be ours.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Here is the live stream:
It's crazy how this stream was empty today. I stopped watching after the second hour of Zelda and walking in the landscape. It was beautiful, can't deny that but kinda boring. I'm more excited for tomorrow, where they'll show Color Splash/Trash (depends on tomorrow's stream) and that Mario Party game. I suppose no important game will be revealed, or they'd have made a Digital Event. Ah, well, Nintendo Directs are awaited.

And Mario & Sonic releases in ten days exactly. I'm honestly looking for the game in spite of this character limitation... But I would really like to hear this special Rosalina's theme asap.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Part of me wants to know about Mario Party

The other doesnt really care as they have destroyed the series completely.

I will only tune in to see the characters , which i can assume will be the ones in the amiibo line now that i was revealed along with it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't care much about Mario Party, just curious to see how Rosalina is.

I liked Mario Party 10 but I had my fun with it.

Might go back to it for a bit when I get the new Rosalina amiibo, though.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'll skip the new Mario Party game. In fact, I'm completely done with the series as it is full of **** now these days.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Well i honestly expect the following for Mario Party :

- Little content
- Boring gameplay
- Reused animations for characters taken from MP10
- Reused graphics from Island Tour
- Reused voices and SFX

i want to be wrong , but lets see what happens.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
So, we finally got a name. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. And my thoughts on the game are, "Cool. We got more Zelda." Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the trailer and I am still looking forward to the game. But I just don't feel as excited as I want to be for it. It's not the game, it's what Nintendo's been doing for the past year and a half. I just feel let down about how they have been handling things. We've had two whole years where Nintendo was constantly teasing fans with next to nothing shown for the game but lightly explained delays. Then there's them blatantly abandoning the Wii U, which they pretended to "support" for a good 3 or so years. Even some titles as part of certain game series have had a dip in quality, but that's a different story. And of course, Nintendo's lack of E3 presence announced in such a way where there wasn't even anything hopeful they said to soften the blow.

I'm not going to boycott Nintendo altogether after Zelda releases or anything like that. I already blew off enough steam a while back. Okay, I had a little bit more of ranting last paragraph, but that was about the past. This is really a wait and see kind of time with Nintendo. I just don't know what's going on for the next year and onward with the industry in general. Microsoft has the Xbox One Scorpio, Sony has the PlayStation 4 Neo, and Nintendo has the NX. It feels so awkward. Is this the 9th gen? Generation 8.5? Who knows? Maybe this will transition into an amazing era in gaming and everything will just be kittens. It's a mystery, but for now, I'll just continue to focus on and enjoy what I have right now.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
High Resolution images of the new Rosalina amiibo.

Gonna buy it soon.

And Nintendo Tree House event I only watch Pokemon Sun and Moon gameplay footage, it was awesome.

Looking forward to the new RPG IP on the 3DS that they will announce on the next day.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Nintendo's E3 event was pretty underwhelming this year, perhaps 10 times worse than last year was. But I must say that Zelda: Breath of the Wild looks absolutely amazing. Those new Zelda amiibos they made looks great too but I probably will not get those unless I have a pretty good budget by the time the game comes out.

And as far as Pokemon Sun & Moon goes? Meh, I don't give a **** about it because I'm not a Pokemon person anymore.

Oh, and I got the Mario series Rosalina amiibo pre-ordered. I'm really excited for that.

And yeah, yeah I double posted because I don't feel like editing my last one.

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Nintendo's E3 event was pretty underwhelming this year, perhaps 10 times worse than last year was. But I must say that Zelda: Breath of the Wild looks absolutely amazing. Those new Zelda amiibos they made looks great too but I probably will not get those unless I have a pretty good budget by the time the game comes out.

And as far as Pokemon Sun & Moon goes? Meh, I don't give a **** about it because I'm not a Pokemon person anymore.
Hell I didn't mind of watching the new LoZ, it still an amazing game but I am not interested.

Qell I am, and since this is going to be the first Pokemon game that has Chinese. I'm sure more people in Taiwan are foing get this game.

Whwn is Rosalina amiibo going to come here? Need to check.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Hell I didn't mind of watching the new LoZ, it still an amazing game but I am not interested.

Qell I am, and since this is going to be the first Pokemon game that has Chinese. I'm sure more people in Taiwan are foing get this game.

Whwn is Rosalina amiibo going to come here? Need to check.
You're not interested in the new Zelda game nor are you a fan of the series and yet, you play as Link in Smash?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I know that what we've seen is just the demo, but I do feel like there is a restriction to where you can travel in Breath of the Wild if you can get killed for trying to head to a different region on the map.

We've seen how falling can potentially lead to instant death, and even the stone golem can 1-hit KO Link.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You're not interested in the new Zelda game nor are you a fan of the series and yet, you play as Link in Smash?
I pick him up at Brawl times cuz I want a sword main. And since I got good with Ike, Shulk, and Cloud over the past few years, I actually haven't use him for a long time. Yes, my sig is a bit outdated and I'm unable to change it.
How many Shulk mains do you think have actually played XC or any game of the series?
Me... I had know the game before Shulk was confirmed for Smash but I wasn't a fan. Hell, I was even salty when I saw his trailer for the first time (Because I don't like some leaks being real). But I still watch some XC and eventually played the game. I love the series, hope the next Xenoblade game can be awesome to.

I main Cloud now but I still haven't play FF VII (Even though I want to)

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
How many Shulk mains do you think have actually played XC or any game of the series?
I ain't a Shulk main but I have played his game before but I haven't finished it.
And I was thinking the same about the people who "main" Cloud. Did any of them even played Final Fantasy VII before?

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Guys, first day of For Glory (I have finally fixed my Internet connection) and I already have problems: I can't use Rosalina anymore! I met this guys who was better than he beat me ~8 times, then I switched to Robin and I beat it 2 times in a row!
I can't kill reliably, I always mess up combos and I go into autopilot too much. I don't want to drop her for anything in this world but I can't go on with this. I need help :(

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I know that what we've seen is just the demo, but I do feel like there is a restriction to where you can travel in Breath of the Wild if you can get killed for trying to head to a different region on the map.

We've seen how falling can potentially lead to instant death, and even the stone golem can 1-hit KO Link.
He did have restriction when he went to that Snowy place where is health was slowly dropping, and I think he could also drown in water too. It was inspired by Wind Waker, I've heard. They wanted us to explore the place more like we did in Wind Waker, but this time on land. Even though it's called "Breath of the Wild", I'd like to think that the Hyrule Kingdom is going to be involve in it, so far we heard of villages and Ganondorf. My favorite part is where Link sled down the snowy hill and where he uses that parachute to glide places to places, it seems like something I'd like to do myself.

In person images of the new amiibo.

The Rosalina one looks beautiful.
Of course, because she's the *STAR* in the series! Here's a comparison of the impending Rosalina amiibo and her Smash one with Luma.

The Rosalina amiibos are very unique due to the fact that her Smash one has Luma and that she has the wand along with other detailed dress and hair, while the Rosalina amiibo is all about Rosalina and her being a part of the Mario series. I've notice (A long time ago, but I didn't share back then.) that from her Smash outfit to her normal ones uses different shades of blue.

I'll skip the new Mario Party game. In fact, I'm completely done with the series as it is full of **** now these days.
You can also say the same for the Paper Mario series, in which fans didn't want another sticker star but they got Paper Mario Color Splash. It's like Nintendo isn't listening to their fans these days and do whatever they want with the games and characters. They'll just put in pretty graphics to make it look pretty but the result wouldn't be as fun as it looks. It's like making a pretty cake but realizing it tastes awful.

---------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, I can't wait until they show more of Mario Party Star Rush! I'm not too excited considering they're doing it on the 3DS and I'm not fond of that console, I'm eager to see Rosalina in the new game!

EDIT: Rosalina in Mario Party Star Rush, this is so exciting!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So this new Mario Party game looks cool.

It has a mode where you play as Toads by default, but the other Mario characters can be recruited and have special abilities.

It looks more like an RTS game than a party game in this mode. It looks fun.

Also ROSALINA

She looks all sassy on the map like "bruh what am I doin' here".

Also

She may spontaneously break your jewelry.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
You can also say the same for the Paper Mario series, in which fans didn't want another sticker star but they got Paper Mario Color Splash. It's like Nintendo isn't listening to their fans these days and do whatever they want with the games and characters. They'll just put in pretty graphics to make it look pretty but the result wouldn't be as fun as it looks. It's like making a pretty cake but realizing it tastes awful.
Hence the reason why Nintendo is such an epic failure as a company these days.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Mario Party looks different

its now Toad Party .

Everybody plays as Toad as default and must meet other characters to play as them. Thats kinda silly

The whole thing is a boss rush mode , so it will get boring fast.

Rosalina was playable , as expected. And 1 detail i noticed is that they mixed her MK8 voice clips with her 3D World Voice clips in this game.

I wont say its a bad game just yet , but it looks very weird.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
So this new Mario Party game looks cool.

It has a mode where you play as Toads by default, but the other Mario characters can be recruited and have special abilities.

It looks more like an RTS game than a party game in this mode. It looks fun.

Also ROSALINA

She looks all sassy on the map like "bruh what am I doin' here".

Also

She may spontaneously break your jewelry.
Oooh, the Toad thing isn't the main mode? I thought so, as I joined the stream after the beginning. Well, this game looks pretty good. They finally found a way to make everyone move at the same time without being in this car.

And I watched her animations, wow I thought they'd just take the ones from MP10 but these seem way better.
I'm looking forward to this game, it looks really fun.

EDIT: Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle yeah no, @AshPaulsen stated:

"Ok, so I tuned in a bit late - they're showing Toad Scramble mode right now. Usual Mario characters still playable in other modes. #E3#3DS"

I also thougt it was weird, but no.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Oooh, the Toad thing isn't the main mode? I thought so, as I joined the stream after the beginning. Well, this game looks pretty good. They finally found a way to make everyone move at the same time without being in this car.

And I watched her animations, wow I thought they'd just take the ones from MP10 but these seem way better.
I'm looking forward to this game, it looks really fun.
Its definetely the main mode.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I really like the Toad mode because it feels like it will be really strategic, yet fast paced. Plus you still get to play as other characters, and you can even deploy multiple characters into the mini-games, letting you play as one and have the A.I control your partners.

People were asking for Mario Party to become more strategic, and they went full RTS in this mode.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Ash Paulsen @AshPaulsen

Ok, so I tuned in a bit late - they're showing Toad Scramble mode right now. Usual Mario characters still playable in other modes. #E3#3DS

According to this tweet, nope.
And no

IT IS the main mode. Kendra said that the other characters will still participate but that they were trying to make everything fast paced this time around.

So yeah this is the main mode.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
She has the same moving animation from Mario Party 10, which Killo89 Killo89 pointed out. This time, she gets to carry items and other materials! I wonder how the amiibos are going to be used for, either way, I'm getting that amiibo! Now we would have to think of her voice clips, like what were used, which Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle pointed out. I doubt they'll have a filter, but it would be nice if they did.

Hence the reason why Nintendo is such an epic failure as a company these days.
Even so Nintendo is going downhill, my faith still remain in them.

Rosalina has new features, isn't that great? There are still haters that complain "Rosalina is being shoved into games, as usual". I'm dealing with some, and I don't know what to say? (And I also don't know what to say to the people who says Rosalina isn't a mascot, but how do I prove them wrong?) Overall, Rosalina is a pertinent character, but not everyone can agree unfortunately...

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
And no

IT IS the main mode. Kendra said that the other characters will still participate but that they were trying to make everything fast paced this time around.

So yeah this is the main mode.
Mmh, I find it cool anyway. I can still play as Rosalina after all. And there're other modes. I'm surprised not to be disappointed by this.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Trailer:

You can see more of what I was talking about. There are multiple mini-games where we see more than 4 characters out in play.

Honestly, if this game has online, I'm sold.

If it's the main mode then why did Nintendo say that everyone still moves as one? So far, we seen them move separately.
They meant everyone rolls at the same time. There is no turns.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
If it's the main mode then why did Nintendo say that everyone still moves as one? So far, we seen them move separately.
No , they say they will move at the same time

And they did , everytime the dice has to be rolled everybody rolls it instead of taking turns.

And no Rosalina's voice isnt filtered , but they did something i thought they wouldnt , which was mixing her MK8 clips with 3D World ones.

When Rosalina was recruited , she said ''Here We go!´´ like she does in MK8 when she gets a star.

And when she won a minigame she said All Right , like in MP10

Her jumping sounds are from MK8 when she throws an item.

Top Bottom