• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In lighter news, I saw this the other day. It's Smash 4 characters modded to be as OP as possible:

Rosalina's moment is my favourite. They change absolutely nothing, other than simply making her invisible and intangible. So Luma can just go around and wreck everything without consequence. :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If only the footwear can be modified, but the shoes are often part of the leg polygon, instead of being a polygon of their own.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I want to let everyone know that I won't be able to do any more moderating from here on out. The staff has felt that I haven't been able to do my job properly, and have decided to relieve me of my moderator position.

This is not limited to here though, as the demotion reasons also apply to the other forums that I've moderated during the past set of years.

With that said, I'm now back to being a normal user again.
Yikes, can't believe this, you weren't a terrible mod imo. Even that minor spam fraction you gave me last time.
You have been the Rosalina thread mod for quite a while, I don't feel sad of course, but just feel uneasy.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
*Sigh*, I don't get why school has to be so strict...
I get what you're saying. My former school district did the same thing, and for a good reason to. Back when I was in high school, the students there have accessed some websites that had highly graphical games, and that made me feel very lightheaded. The website restrictions at least keep those kinds of websites away.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Hi everyone. I'm your new moderator. I'm not sure what the apparent story is with M&S's not being a mod anymore, but that's fine. Could anyone fill me in with the need-to-knows of the Rosa boards? Someone mentioned needing new matchup threads for example.

If you need to reach me, Twitter's where you get me the quickest: https://twitter.com/GwJSmash

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hi everyone. I'm your new moderator. I'm not sure what the apparent story is with M&S's not being a mod anymore, but that's fine. Could anyone fill me in with the need-to-knows of the Rosa boards? Someone mentioned needing new matchup threads for example.
IIRC, Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy had a schedule for when new MU threads would be posted, and the Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta ones were the only ones left, supposed to appear pretty soon. So you might want to look into that, maybe check with M&S Guy if you need help with the formatting, to keep consistent with the format he had for all of the other MU threads.

That's about the only essential thing you would probably need to do right now specifically, other than that, moderating this board should just be a standard moderating affair.

In any case, hopefully you don't find it too difficult a job and hopefully you get some enjoyment out of it, and hopefully you are well received.

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Back when I was in school, they purposely designed the architecture of the school to act like a dead zone so cellphones wouldn't work inside the building. A bit sad that the design of my High School is more stable (structurally speaking) than my Engineering University. Then again, my High School had the same design problems as Columbine, so you win some you lose some I guess...:4lemmy:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Some school allow cellphone, but they had to be used for educational purposes only. At least my district allows youtube. And Smashboards.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You can probably start by modifying the rules for this thread; the rules are on the primary post. Be advised that you will have to keep the thread rules enforced from here on out.

As for the match-up threads, I'll still be keeping the scores up to date, but due to last week's software update, match-up discussions are currently at an intermission period until next week.

My plan is that after the following characters have had their turn to be reanalyzed, I'll start making threads for Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta.

:4falco::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4wiifit::rosalina::4greninja::4shulk::4sonic::4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You can probably start by modifying the rules for this thread; the rules are on the primary post. Be advised that you will have to keep the thread rules enforced from here on out.

As for the match-up threads, I'll still be keeping the scores up to date, but due to last week's software update, match-up discussions are currently at an intermission period until next week.

My plan is that after the following characters have had their turn to be reanalyzed, I'll start making threads for Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta.

:4falco::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4wiifit::rosalina::4greninja::4shulk::4sonic::4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu:
Does the Rosalina Mirror MU really need to be re-analysed? She wasn't changed at all in the last patch. And only had her weight value reduced by 1 in the patch prior.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Does the Rosalina Mirror MU really need to be re-analysed? She wasn't changed at all in the last patch. And only had her weight value reduced by 1 in the patch prior.
The mirror match thread exists for the mirror match scenario, which can happen at times, but because all mirror matches are always treated as an even 50:50, score inputs are not recorded at all there. Anyway, even if Rosalina's changes are minimal, it would still be a good idea to cover the mirror match.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The mirror match thread exists for the mirror match scenario, which can happen at times, but because all mirror matches are always treated as an even 50:50, score inputs are not recorded at all there. Anyway, even if Rosalina's changes are minimal, it would still be a good idea to cover the mirror match.
...I mean, by principle, I get what you are saying.

But a 1 unit reduction on weight, doesn't mean a thing. It just means the character will get KO'd 1 or 2% earlier, theoretically (though in practice, she won't be KO'd any earlier in any noticeable fashion, since the damage output of moves used on her is going to put her at KO percent no differently than before, since moves do more than 1 unit of damage). And they might DI better out of certain moves and combos. Match flow and strategies are going to be the same, though, especially in the mirror MU.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
My Nintendo News stated: "Respected Japanese news publication The Nikkei is reporting that Nintendo is ceasing Wii U production at the end of the year to presumably make way for their next platform which is simply known as the Nintendo NX. The publication cites poorly selling software and a lack of interest in the hardware as the reason why production is ceasing." and the source is (Here)

...So I guess it's the end, huh? I'm sad to know that some fans won't be buying the Nintendo NX console. This is so upsetting, I don't get what people have against Nintendo. And I also don't get why Nintendo are making no-so-good games lately... Well, Zelda U and Starfox is an exception.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Oh hohoho~~~
You have no idea how strict school is... when it comes to schools in Asia.

If you need to reach me, Twitter's where you get me the quickest: https://twitter.com/GwJSmash
I remember you were already a mod, so besides this thread, what other threads are you in charge?

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
That moment when you realize you don't have a limit... Watch out for upskirts, and may I say there are MANY of them.
I could get lost in and watch these all day :rosalina:

Kinda prefer the dancing and music in the older one but I do appreciate that small amount of facial movement. Which that one didn't have. Makes her feel more alive.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I could get lost in and watch these all day :rosalina:

Kinda prefer the dancing and music in the older one but I do appreciate that small amount of facial movement. Which that one didn't have. Makes her feel more alive.
So you like Rosalina MMD, don't ya? You can get it from the URL I posted about Zeldadove.

These Mii Costume choices tho...
You happy now, M&SG?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
These Mii Costume choices tho...
I can become one with the Rosalina now.

----------

My brother just came in with a free copy of Mario Kart 7 (as well as Sonic Generations 3DS, but I have that already) that he got from the factory at work.

I guess that's another game for me to play as Rosalina in?

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Une soudaine envie de changer de langue...? C'est un peu chelou mais bon, ça a l'air drôle.

Gott ein Mii Rosalina... Ich hasse sie viel zu mehr jetzt...
Das Mk8 Outfit ist viel besser, mit der Komethaarspange. Ich hoffe, dass die Miis nicht so wichtig im Wii U Spiel sind... Und veilleicht ein Winteroutfit für Rosalina und... Mehr Dialoge? Das bedeutet, interessanteren Dialogen.

Dat is goed.

Ok guys everybody go back to English.
Sorry, I wanted to take part.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm having trouble with using the Ultra Smash model in Blender.

It seems that when a XNALara model is imported into Blender, it's just an object file, meaning the entire mesh is viewed as one object.

Since I need to re-texture it, this means I have to manually separate the model into different objects myself.

This was working fine, but for some reason, the crown texture doesn't come up right for me.

On top of this, I noticed that the textures for her skin and face and what not, are all separated, so I don't know which faces to select for each of those textures.

I might just have to wait for a raw rip from the game to come up, rather than a XNALara rip.

Top Bottom