• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
User was warned for this post
Big enough to take not only Smashboards, but a good chunk of the web in any way related to Smash 4
OK... (With Saitama's poker face)
Edit: Not gonna remove the image. But I made my post a full sentence, sort of...

Last edited:

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
Moom is waving the Rosalina flag as hard as anything and so far destroying everyone. Link for the stream above.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Can anyone explain why me posting a humorous response gif count as a spam?
  • No spam posts
    • Do not make posts that serve no purpose whatsoever. This includes the usage of spam images.

• No image-only posts
    • If you want to post an image, please be sure to type a full sentence that mentions the image itself.
    • Image-only posts will be treated as spam.
Let's see, well, my post did scratch the surface on this first rules. But it does have a purpose... I guess...
Meme/Reaction images= spam images? Maybe once a while, if it's like every post is a reaction pic, yeah... it's spam.

Well Tino Tino , I finally do agree with you this time... I mean users do this at Smash4 Social thread occasionally, so this can be a debate... again.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Let's see, well, my post did scratch the surface on this first rules. But it does have a purpose... I guess...
Meme/Reaction images= spam images? Maybe once a while, if it's like every post is a reaction pic, yeah... it's spam.

Well Tino Tino , I finally do agree with you this time... I mean users do this at Smash4 Social thread occasionally, so this can be a debate... again.
#NoMoreDebates

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Told you he's full of ****.

It's why I don't come here often anymore.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I wish Nintendo would make more games like Super Mario Galaxy and Super Paper Mario, those has more valuable scene. Nowadays, it just feels that the games too mainstream. Who knows what Star Fox and Zelda U has in store for us. It would be nice to see Rosalina in more memorable scenes, to expose just how extraordinary she truly is. I wonder if the NX is going to be all about that.

Last edited:
R

RosaLumaGal

Hi,
If you haven't seen my intro post, well, I'm RosaLumaGal, an aspiring Rosalina and Luma main (though I do play some ZSS) who is new to both smash and competitive smash, I'm trying to learn as much as I can so please bear with me if I don't know much, I literally decided to get into competitive smash about 3 days ago. I am just happy I FINALLY figured out who my main was (it took me FOREVER). But I digress, I'm just happy to be on SmashBoards.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wish Nintendo would make more games like Super Mario Galaxy and Super Paper Mario, those has more valuable scene. Nowadays, it just feels that the games too mainstream. Who knows what Star Fox and Zelda U has in store for us. It would be nice to see Rosalina in more memorable scenes, to expose just how extraordinary she truely is. I wonder if the NX is going to be all about that.
What about 3D World and Maker?

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I think ya'll need some reading classes. It says that images such as Gifs and jpgs ALONE in a post as a comment or response count as SPAM , and they do , that's not new , i was warned in the past thread for that.

It actually makes sense since without text the content falls into being meaningless.

I understand getting annoyed about some rules , because some are questionable but not that one.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
What about 3D World and Maker?
Er.. Those are too upbeat and happy, nothing too big going on. Super Mario Maker is just one enormous cross-over, ya heard Barbara the Rouge clone? (Just kidding.) So I mean one with a story... One with a background, one that will be the main focus and shatter your heart at some scenes.

Super Mario Galaxy, you can hear and see Rosalina's backstory and in each scene, she uses her magical abilities that you can see at a different perspective. Each cutscene, especially where the universe reset has a strong meaning to it. Rosalina was well introduced. I can't believe how humble she was when Mario returned the first grand star. Yet, she has perfect portrayals in that game.

Super Paper Mario should be renamed Paper Romeo and Juliet, just look at Lady Timpani and Count Blumiere! I never think that NINTENDO would incorporate such a reference to Romeo and Juliet. They made Timpani and Blumiere star-crossed lovers. The scene where they reunite is just sad. Bleck wanted to erase the world cause he couldn't find his beloved. This game is just, wow.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
#NoMoreDebates
#WTFU???? (JK)
Told you he's full of ****.

It's why I don't come here often anymore.
I actually agree, this thread is no longer enjoyable for me, unless something change.
Hi,
If you haven't seen my intro post, well, I'm RosaLumaGal, an aspiring Rosalina and Luma main (though I do play some ZSS) who is new to both smash and competitive smash, I'm trying to learn as much as I can so please bear with me if I don't know much, I literally decided to get into competitive smash about 3 days ago. I am just happy I FINALLY figured out who my main was (it took me FOREVER). But I digress, I'm just happy to be on SmashBoards.
Welcome!
Enjoy yourself here! You can talk anything about Rosalina, just try not to share anything explicit (Even minor NSFW). Please carefully read the rules, because the Rosaluma mod is a bit clanky...
I think ya'll need some reading classes. It says that images such as Gifs and jpgs ALONE in a post as a comment or response count as SPAM , and they do , that's not new , i was warned in the past thread for that.

It actually makes sense since without text the content falls into being meaningless.

I understand getting annoyed about some rules , because some are questionable but not that one.
Once a while posting a image for response doesn't count as spam, and I did add text... later on.

R

RosaLumaGal

Thanks,
Don't worry, I hate that kind of stuff too so you won't be seeing it from me! Glad to meet some fellow Rosalina and Luma mains. Also is there an abbreviation for Rosalina and Luma, because I am getting slightly sick of having to type it out every time.
EDIT: I think it's Rosaluma but I could be wrong
NOTE: If you see any spelling errors, please alert me to them as I am legally blind so I can't see them too well.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I actually don't like this rule as an absolute either.

Like, in a situation when I'm posting an infographic or something, any text I could add would just be fluff and nobody would care for it anyway. The infographic would have all of the information on it.

Spam is a situation where a post is pointless and not constructive. However, certain images on their own ARE constructive because they contain information. However, mods don't take this into account. If your post is just an image with little text, you get infracted even if the image contains most of the information you need for your message.

I personally feel like there shouldn't be a problem with images as far as "wasting space" goes as long as they are put in a quote or spoiler tag. I mean, that's what those tags were made for in the first place.

R

RosaLumaGal

On a slightly funny note, have your pets ever decided to chase your character on the TV? Because today, Zeus (my pet lizard) decided that my Luma looked edible and proceeded to run along the table trying to eat Luma. I was laughing so hard I ended up losing the match. But in fairness to Zeus, a. He has no depth perception so he didn't know it was in the TV and b, he does eat star shaped treat pellets so maybe he thought that it was one of his treat pellets? I really don't know what he was thinking, only that it was the funniest thing that happened on For Glory since The Ganondorf Incident (long story).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
On a slightly funny note, have your pets ever decided to chase your character on the TV? Because today, Zeus (my pet lizard) decided that my Luma looked edible and proceeded to run along the table trying to eat Luma. I was laughing so hard I ended up losing the match. But in fairness to Zeus, a. He has no depth perception so he didn't know it was in the TV and b, he does eat star shaped treat pellets so maybe he thought that it was one of his treat pellets? I really don't know what he was thinking, only that it was the funniest thing that happened on For Glory since The Ganondorf Incident (long story).
Aww man, as if Rosalina wasn't enough, now the vore fetish is targeting poor Luma too.

/jk

R

RosaLumaGal

I really don't know what happened, but after further testing of me attacking with other characters with Zeus watching, it seems that anything kinda small, brightly colored, and moves is fair game
Here's a list of who he tried to eat
Pikachu
Yoshi
Kirby
ZSS's light whip
Jigglypuff
Lucario's Aura Attacks
Yeah, I have a weird lizard.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Er.. Those are too upbeat and happy, nothing too big going on. Super Mario Maker is just one enormous cross-over, ya heard Barbara the Rouge clone? (Just kidding.) So I mean one with a story... One with a background, one that will be the main focus and shatter your heart at some scenes.

Super Mario Galaxy, you can hear and see Rosalina's backstory and in each scene, she uses her magical abilities that you can see at a different perspective. Each cutscene, especially where the universe reset has a strong meaning to it. Rosalina was well introduced. I can't believe how humble she was when Mario returned the first grand star. Yet, she has perfect portrayals in that game.

Super Paper Mario should be renamed Paper Romeo and Juliet, just look at Lady Timpani and Count Blumiere! I never think that NINTENDO would incorporate such a reference to Romeo and Juliet. They made Timpani and Blumiere star-crossed lovers. The scene where they reunite is just sad. Bleck wanted to erase the world cause he couldn't find his beloved. This game is just, wow.
Well considering Mario games in general aren't meant to have a real story(so Bowser kidnapping someone/anyone getting kidnapped doesn't count), so it's pretty much reasonable for why none of what you said will ever happen...in a main Mario game that isn't a Galaxy game.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I really don't know what happened, but after further testing of me attacking with other characters with Zeus watching, it seems that anything kinda small, brightly colored, and moves is fair game
Here's a list of who he tried to eat
Pikachu
Yoshi
Kirby
ZSS's light whip
Jigglypuff
Lucario's Aura Attacks
Try Pac-Man's fruit

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Thanks,
Don't worry, I hate that kind of stuff too so you won't be seeing it from me! Glad to meet some fellow Rosalina and Luma mains. Also is there an abbreviation for Rosalina and Luma, because I am getting slightly sick of having to type it out every time.
EDIT: I think it's Rosaluma but I could be wrong
NOTE: If you see any spelling errors, please alert me to them as I am legally blind so I can't see them too well.
In Smash Bros, yeah, it's RosaLuma. I often type her full name usually...
I actually don't like this rule as an absolute either.

Like, in a situation when I'm posting an infographic or something, any text I could add would just be fluff and nobody would care for it anyway. The infographic would have all of the information on it.

Spam is a situation where a post is pointless and not constructive. However, certain images on their own ARE constructive because they contain information. However, mods don't take this into account. If your post is just an image with little text, you get infracted even if the image contains most of the information you need for your message.

I personally feel like there shouldn't be a problem with images as far as "wasting space" goes as long as they are put in a quote or spoiler tag. I mean, that's what those tags were made for in the first place.
Totally agreed. If I just type "Ok", I don't think anyone will notice that. But with Saitama's "Ok" Meme with it, it's not only humorous but also informative to some extent.
I'm not sure if it's only Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy will take this into account, some other threads have this kind of rules as well but loose. Most mods would just give out a warning if there's too much image, not giving out minor spam infraction message immediately.
I have two bunnies from my sister...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
In Smash Bros, yeah, it's RosaLuma. I often type her full name usually...
Rosalina & Luma does put a nice ring into it though.
Totally agreed. If I just type "Ok", I don't think anyone will notice that. But with Saitama's "Ok" Meme with it, it's not only humorous but also informative to some extent.
I'm not sure if it's only Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy will take this into account, some other threads have this kind of rules as well but loose. Most mods would just give out a warning if there's too much image, not giving out minor spam infraction message immediately.
Rules are meant to be broken. Even if it means getting a weak ass infraction, then so be it.
I have two bunnies from my sister...
And I had a chinchilla until my sister gave her away to one of her high school friends...

Oh and @RosaLumaGal Welcome to Smashboards. :)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Rosalina & Luma does put a nice ring into it though.

Rules are meant to be broken. Even if it means getting a weak *** infraction, then so be it.

And I had a chinchilla until my sister gave her away to one of her high school friends...

Oh and @RosaLumaGal Welcome to Smashboards. :)
RIP Chinchilla Life

R

RosaLumaGal

I will, my wii u gamepad died (I don't have a gamecube controller yet) and Zeus decided that he was done for the day

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

Rosalina's dialogue is at something like 34:00. I'll wait for the Wii U version.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina's dialogue is at something like 34:00. I'll wait for the Wii U version.
Wow, she's still floating even outside...

Moderator Edit: Please remove all embedded videos from the posts that you're quoting.

R

RosaLumaGal

Whelp, remind me to never play as Pac-Man when Zeus is watching. I've got no problem with Pac-Man (except that I'm horrible at him) but Zeus tried to eat Pac-Man when he appeared on screen, but when the fruits came out....lets just say I'm going to be cleaning the TV tonight (the table too, as he got so excited he pooped) :rolleyes:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Whelp, remind me to never play as Pac-Man when Zeus is watching. I've got no problem with Pac-Man (except that I'm horrible at him) but Zeus tried to eat Pac-Man when he appeared on screen, but when the fruits came out....lets just say I'm going to be cleaning the TV tonight (the table too, as he got so excited he pooped) :rolleyes:
That's one weird lizard you got there...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
She sounds so elegant and poetic, I love it. <3

Moderator Edit: Please remove all embedded videos from the posts that you're quoting.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Boxing for Smash

R

RosaLumaGal

Yeah, but I love my little goof ball
Case in point, he has about a 3 inch gap between his cage (that he is never in) and the rock he rock he basks on, he somehow fell and got stuck and I had to rescue him (that rock is HEAVY)
How do you even fall through that gap?! He is way to chubby for that, but he managed! He is PAIN! (But I love him anyway)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Man I got too many games I need to get caught up on so I'm gonna skip on the Mario & Sonic game until I finish those.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Man I got too many games I need to get caught up on so I'm gonna skip on the Mario & Sonic game until I finish those.
I until I get Fire Emblem Fates, it's never too late to get that game until Rio 2016 Olympic games begins.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I knew she'd sound high and mighty. It just needs a bit more, and um.. LUMAS?! No sight of them yet. Rosalina needs to have a motherly side in the Wii U version, hopefully.

She sounds so elegant and poetic, I love it. <3
You're right on that elegant part, but poetic is something more Shakespearian... I guess that popped in your head when she used adjectives to describe the main player.

Then again, it would be weird of Rosalina talked like Luvbi from Super Paper Mario:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I knew she'd sound high and mighty. It just needs a bit more, and um.. LUMAS?! No sight of them yet. Rosalina needs to have a motherly side in the Wii U version, hopefully.

You're right on that elegant part, but poetic is something more Shakespearian... I guess that popped in your head when she used adjectives to describe the main player.

Then again, it would be weird of Rosalina talked like Luvbi from Super Paper Mario:
Poetic =/= Shakespearean language.

Poetic just means you use a lot of metaphors and analogies to describe something in a way that is satisfying to say. And of course, some rhyming.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

wut don't all the Nimbis talk like this? Ooh.. Thinking of a good Paper Mario game gives me a heartache...

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Okay, well I guess it's true they say you learn something new everyday. I thought of the word poetic and it's not always Shakespearian, I thought that when I was younger. Well, at least Rosalina's dialodge seems as dignified. Especially when she said "Dazzling" something that has to do with stars..?

Last edited:
Top Bottom