• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

C3CC

Smash Lord
I've always thought that Roy is better than the place he got on the tier list. Maybe not high tier, but definitely higher. The same goes to Lucas and obviously Mewtwo.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've always thought that Roy is better than the place he got on the tier list. Maybe not high tier, but definitely higher. The same goes to Lucas and obviously Mewtwo.
Mewtwo will definitely go up.

His buffs are so sexy it's not even funny.

He was always a secondary for me but I actually might bump him up as my #3 or even #2 character at this rate. Especially since Corrin got nerfed in ways I really thought weren't fair.

C3CC

Smash Lord

He was always a secondary for me but I actually might bump him up as my #3 or even #2 character at this rate. Especially since Corrin got nerfed in ways I really thought weren't fair.
Mewtwo will be on high tier one day. I've been saying this for a long time and you may have seen posts of mine all over the place stating this. You will see!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

People are rather happy about the nerf that Counter Surge received though. I guess being a situational move means nothing when timing the counter just right is prone to give you instant KOs.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Mewtwo will be on high tier one day. I've been saying this for a long time and you may have seen posts of mine all over the place stating this. You will see!
I'd wager he is at least mid-tier now, bare minimum, just from his new potential alone.

He won't be top tier since he will still struggle against the top tiers, but high tier is possible if he does well enough in tournaments.

People are rather happy about the nerf that Counter Surge received though. I guess being a situational move means nothing when timing the counter just right is prone to give you instant KOs.
I don't have a problem with the nerf to Counter Surge.

I'm mainly peeved with the nerfs to his aerials, and the nerf to his walk/run speed.

He already felt like he moved too slow, now he just moves about as fast as Olimar and it looks so wrong.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I'd like a buff for Rosalina's Catch and Release. I really like this move, but I once used it against a Link who was charging is side smash and it just helped him killing me, ahah. It's a pretty pointless move currently. If someone knows what good utility it could have...

He already felt like he moved too slow, now he just moves about as fast as Olimar and it looks so wrong.
Can't wait to see a video showing this.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Frankly, there's hardly any reward for using Catch & Release. You'd have better luck with using Guardian Luma to stop direct attackers, but this does mean that you'll have to keep the Luma safe from harm. And of course, Guardian Luma can still attract items, albeit with a shorter range.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Am i the only one that thinks it's bull**** that they keep nerfing top tiers , yet Palutena and Zelda are untouched when they deserve major buffs???

That's a freaking joke.

RedHalo

Smash Rookie
I thought Down B was nearly useless, until I saw Dabuz using it in some matches. You can use Catch & Release offstage to slow down in the air. I saw Dabuz use this to mess up his opponents timing when they edge-guarded him. Plus it gave him extra time for Luma to come back. Dabuz is clever as hell.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
They did? I must be a little slow then .

By the way i got this today from Kerri Kane.

So yeah , even though i personally was clear in my thoughts since the very beggining, it became full circle. In all the recent games that credit Kerri Kane as Rosalina (but Smash 4) , is Laura Faye Smith instead. The only thing that i get from this is how nice and caring Kerri Kane is , as a fan i feel very happy to admire a person that gives me that impression , not only by voicing one of my favorite characters.

Aside from other stuff related to this subject , such as preferences , im actually glad that they know they were wrong and that Laura Faye Smith will get her credit from here on. It also feels nice to get a compliment from Kerri Kane.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I thought it was pretty obvious it was Laura in MP10, Olympics, and Ultra Smash. I hadn't seen many say otherwise.

It remains to be seen if she will be credited correctly in future games, I wouldn't take anyone's word on that until I see it.

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
Damn now people think we might have the best character in the game (Along with Bayo). Large nerfs to Sheik, ZSS, MK, and Cloud (some of our worse MU´s), really helps us. Dabooboo win the next major plzzzz

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Yes , but it's a bit annoying when websites and other media credit the wrong person , and that spams many discussions that are unnecessary.

I wouldn't really blame anyone that makes the mistake since they couldn't care less at the end of the day , and the editors take the legit credits as source instead of a person that is 100% is certain actor or actress just by ear.

This was debunked as soon as it started , but it had to be done in order to reach to Nintendo so they can credit Laura in the actual games.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Mean all the while on the topic of Smash, no one bothered to say. whether it's Wii U or 3DS version.

And about the voice clips, I can't imagine how Laura must be feeling. After all those mistaken credits...

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Wow, just wow. I love it when my favorite character is included in the cover, well first time Nintendo did this. Just gonna keep hinting, hint: It's the only female on the boxart:

Moderator Edit: Please put any image that's over 800 pixels in height inside a spoiler tag.

EDIT: The problem with the size and spoilers, is that I don't know how to put it in spoilers when I'm on a tablet.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I thought Down B was nearly useless, until I saw Dabuz using it in some matches. You can use Catch & Release offstage to slow down in the air. I saw Dabuz use this to mess up his opponents timing when they edge-guarded him. Plus it gave him extra time for Luma to come back. Dabuz is clever as hell.
That is clever

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Hey guys, when I decided to Google Rosalina on a whim, I stumbled across her character page on Wikipedia and noticed something interesting. It got updated and changed the person who created her from Shigeru Miyamoto to Yoshiaki Koizumi. After all this time, it appears they finally caught on. But it's still crazy how after all this time Rosalina's creator has been credited incorrectly until now, but then again, it's Wikipedia.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Hey guys, when I decided to Google Rosalina on a whim, I stumbled across her character page on Wikipedia and noticed something interesting. It got updated and changed the person who created her from Shigeru Miyamoto to Yoshiaki Koizumi. After all this time, it appears they finally caught on. But it's still crazy how after all this time Rosalina's creator has been credited incorrectly until now, but then again, it's Wikipedia.
Wikipedia isn't really a reliable source to learn about Rosalina. It's severely flawed, we should find real sources of Rosalina from Nintendo themself.

What am I saying???

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I guess my Rosalina Trivia and Lore Awareness Program has been paying off.

Great to hear this, Koizumi deserves much more recognition than he gets.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
So apparently, the 2016 Olympic website was released and the one thing I thought was unnessessary was replacing Rosalina's dance video with Daisy' s. I know it' s still in the japanese site, but really...

Click Me!

Last edited:

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
I'd like a buff for Rosalina's Catch and Release. I really like this move, but I once used it against a Link who was charging is side smash and it just helped him killing me, ahah. It's a pretty pointless move currently. If someone knows what good utility it could have...

Can't wait to see a video showing this.
They could give it the range and strength of the default down b, and then you can just drag people into the abyss :D

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here's a little something to say "Happy St. Patrick's Day".

This is an idea I have had since last year. One of the main reasons I want that teased Super Mario series Rosalina amiibo is because I want to make a custom of it based on this.

I call it the "Ms. Saint Patrick" outfit.

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
Hello guys. Tomorrow in Riyadh, the Capital of Saudi Arabia we will have a huge tournament called Desert Knights which will have the best players from every country in the gulf.

http://smashboards.com/threads/riya...oom-fairess-bushaheen-snacks-and-more.433282/

I'm posting this here because I want you to keep an eye on Moom, an extremely dedicated Rosa player that I'm sure will blow your minds.

Tournament will be tomorrow and I will link you to the stream ASAP

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Ugh, Rosalina never gets to be in any important game!

:073:
And the only argument people have is Rosalina's got no backstory and is not original as she's a copy/past of Peach! This is not true. I'll make a way too long paragraph to explain why they're different characters and why she should be in more games.

Hello guys. Tomorrow in Riyadh, the Capital of Saudi Arabia we will have a huge tournament called Desert Knights which will have the best players from every country in the gulf.

http://smashboards.com/threads/riya...oom-fairess-bushaheen-snacks-and-more.433282/

I'm posting this here because I want you to keep an eye on Moom, an extremely dedicated Rosa player that I'm sure will blow your minds.

Tournament will be tomorrow and I will link you to the stream ASAP
Nice of you, thanks!

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
And the only argument people have is Rosalina's got no backstory and is not original as she's a copy/past of Peach! This is not true. I'll make a way too long paragraph to explain why they're different characters and why she should be in more games.

Nice of you, thanks!
Yes and let's rant about Daisy's voice and actual emotion every page!
:090:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Long time since I posted here, my internet is terrible at home, but I intend to visit the local Library more often so maybe I'll be able to frequent this board more often.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Remember when Daisy fans turned into elitist snobs?

Yeah me neither.

Smh
Actually, I do.

See 'em on 4chan all of the time.

Not to mention that one guy who I won't name, who spammed Daisy stuff everywhere he could, and tried to rig a fan poll for Super Smash Flash 2 to make it sound like Daisy had won the poll.

Last edited:
Top Bottom