• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
it's really easy to texture again the model i gave to you actually , i did it 2 times yesterday.
Can you tell me your process then? The way I'm doing it just isn't working out.

Though for my purposes, I still need the different parts of the model to be separate objects. Not just for re-texturing but for other things too (like being able to swap parts in and out without hassle), so I might be better off just waiting for a raw rip from the game.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Simply select parts of the model like this

And then on the ''select'' button that the arrow is marking go to a click on ''linked''.

When you do that you will have only the correct linked faces select of that part of the mesh

That's all the legs , shoes and socks , which have 1 texture in common so it's easy to apply.

This works for most of the model , however the hair takes a bit more time , and some things such as behind the neck , behind the ears don't get selected with most of the faces , they are like individual.

Don't know if it helps , but it's something that i think it's worth sharing anyway.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Simply select parts of the model like this

And then on the ''select'' button that the arrow is marking go to a click on ''linked''.

When you do that you will have only the correct linked faces select of that part of the mesh

That's all the legs , shoes and socks , which have 1 texture in common so it's easy to apply.

This works for most of the model , however the hair takes a bit more time , and some things such as behind the neck , behind the ears don't get selected with most of the faces , they are like individual.

Don't know if it helps , but it's something that i think it's worth sharing anyway.
Wow, I can't believe I didn't know about that.

This actually helps a ton. Not only does it make texturing easier, but after selecting a part of the model, you can press "P", and then click "Selection" on the menu that comes up, to separate the selection and split it into it's own object/mesh, which is exactly what I need!

Thanks!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Je ne comprends pas le mot chinois dont vous parlez.
抱歉,我也看不懂你的語言。
Haha very funny…what language is this anyway?
I was a bit tired to type "oh", so I type zhuyingfuhao (google it if you don't know what it is), that pronounce like "oh".
Dit begrijp ik anders ook maar half.
Grappig.
What language is this again?
Ragazzi, per favore, possiamo parlare una lingua che capiscano tutti?
Italian?
Une soudaine envie de changer de langue...? C'est un peu chelou mais bon, ça a l'air drôle.

Gott ein Mii Rosalina... Ich hasse sie viel zu mehr jetzt...
Das Mk8 Outfit ist viel besser, mit der Komethaarspange. Ich hoffe, dass die Miis nicht so wichtig im Wii U Spiel sind... Und veilleicht ein Winteroutfit für Rosalina und... Mehr Dialoge? Das bedeutet, interessanteren Dialogen.

Sorry, I wanted to take part.
這應該是法文吧?
French, nuff said…
我也要參與,也請大家不要再鬧了。
Ok…I'm gonna stop cuz if I keep typing Traditional Chinese, I might get a spam fraction. And it's tiring to type Chinese.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here's a teaser for one of the things I'm trying to do with the Tennis Rosalina model.

I'm starting on a mod to put it into Smash, as an alt costume!

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
抱歉,我也看不懂你的語言。
Haha very funny…what language is this anyway?
I was a bit tired to type "oh", so I type zhuyingfuhao (google it if you don't know what it is), that pronounce like "oh".

What language is this again?

Italian?

這應該是法文吧?
French, nuff said…
我也要參與,也請大家不要再鬧了。
Ok…I'm gonna stop cuz if I keep typing Traditional Chinese, I might get a spam fraction. And it's tiring to type Chinese.
French
Dutch
Italian
French again
German (Deutsch macht Spaß)

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I can speak italian and english. I studied german for three years during middle school but I can't remember almost anything. I'd like one day to learn more languages, they are so fascinating.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I'm not surprised that @Killo89 can speak German. Most Europeans can speak more than two languages.
And I want to learn German and Japanese.
Ah das ist schön!
Deutsch ist super toll zu lernen und man kann auch einfach Niederlandisch lernen, wenn mann Deutsch hat gelernt.

(German is super cool to learn and one can easily learn Dutch when you've learned German)

I can speak italian and english. I studied german for three years during middle school but I can't remember almost anything. I'd like one day to learn more languages, they are so fascinating.
Das ist schade!
Deutsch macht Spaß!
Ich empfehle dich, Deutsch wieder zu lernen.

(Bummer! German is fun! I recommend you to learn German again)

(Note: I am not a native German speaker so there might be mistakes in the German)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I can teach you Chinese if you want to. It can be hard to learn though.
Ah das ist schön!
Deutsch ist super toll zu lernen und man kann auch einfach Niederlandisch lernen, wenn mann Deutsch hat gelernt.

(German is super cool to learn and one can easily learn Dutch when you've learned German)

Das ist schade!
Deutsch macht Spaß!
Ich empfehle dich, Deutsch wieder zu lernen.

(Bummer! German is fun! I recommend you to learn German again)

(Note: I am not a native German speaker so there might be mistakes in the German)
But I also want to learn Japanese...

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I was once so proud that I could understand a word in Chinese because I just learned it at Nihao Kailan.
Unfortunately, to be honest, you have A LOT to learn.
And I have never watch that show while I was in USA, I don't really need to watch that anyway. So did you also learn anything in the show about Chinese stuff? Any questions?
Not sure if that cartoon shows you Kanji/Chinese, Nihao Kailan in Chinese: 你好 凱蘭 (BTW,Can you PC show Chinese?)
And I checked, Kailan's surname is Chou, quite common surname, my Chinese surname is Huang.
My Chinese name:黃鑫(Huang Hsin)
And Chinese not only have character differences such as Traditional and Simplify Chinese. There's different dialects depending on which region you are in. But by learning Mandarin you can pretty much communicate with most Chinese.

Okay, completely non-Rosa related, back to Rosa stuff:
Here's a teaser for one of the things I'm trying to do with the Tennis Rosalina model.

I'm starting on a mod to put it into Smash, as an alt costume!

Her eye...
eek...

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Upon entering High School, I chose to learn French as an elective, I felt as if that language seem very unique, I know words such as "Bonjour" and "Au revoir".

Luckily for me, I know how to speak AND sing Hylian, but unfortunately, people think I'm speaking gibberish.
Lyrics: en daʃeʋu, no be̞ ʃo̞ndʊ tʏe̞ ʃʊtʊ keuænu sa le̞

Here's a slide of Hylian sentences.

*Inb4 Mario123007 sed to staph.*

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Upon entering High School, I chose to learn French as an elective, I felt as if that language seem very unique, I know words such as "Bonjour" and "Au revoir".
想不想學中文呢?
Here's a slide of Hylian sentences.
Hmm... Hylian sentences are just look like English alphabets being totally mutated...

Trying to speak Hylian is totally another thing.
Inb4 Mario123007 sed to staph.
?????What?

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
想不想學中文呢?

Hmm... Hylian sentences are just look like English alphabets being totally mutated...

Trying to speak Hylian is totally another thing.

?????What?
Of course I'd like to learn Chinese! It's a nice language, it's like a cousin to Japanese. You're really good with Chinese, 黃鑫(Huang Hsin)

So you want to go to Rosalina related topic right, well this is the final time I'm bringing up foreign languages. It's nice to talk about this, better than a pointless arguement, right?

EDIT: Wait, isn't your surname Xin Huang instead of Huang Hsin?

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Of course I'd like to learn Chinese! It's a nice language, it's like a cousin to Japanese. You're really good with Chinese, 黃鑫(Huang Hsin)
Ironically, my Chinese isn't good when it comes to one of school subject... I only know average Chinese.
But it takes a lot of effort, just check this chart:
And technically, Japanese is Chinese's cousin to be exact.
Also do not to mention my real name.
*Inb4 Mario123007 sed to staph.*
Can you first explain what this means?
So you want to go to Rosalina related topic right, well this is the final time I'm bringing up foreign languages. It's nice to talk about this, better than a pointless arguement, right?
Yeah...it was me that started it anyway, if you really want to learn Chinese, check out this Youtube channel:
Learn Chinese Now
If you want to learn more deep about China, and a bit Taiwan:
China Uncensored
Wait, isn't your surname Xin Huang instead of Huang Hsin?
Good question, you see, Chinese put surnames on the front, and it's usually one character.
I use "Hsin" instead of "Xin because that one is official.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
idk lol I just thought it was cool cause I use that too lol. I thought it was a pretty fringe program. sorry for bothering you i guess?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I use Blender too. Learned it for two years in college and have been self teaching myself ever since, and getting a few tips from others on occasion.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Can you first explain what this means?
*Inb4 Mario123007 sed to staph* is just a joke, doesn't need to be taken seriously. It means, "In before Mario1230007 said to stop" (Meaning to stop talking about Non-Rosalina related things.), meaning I posted it after you said to stop but I meant to do that beforehand.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Man, it must be fun to be multilingual. I guess I shouldn't have slacked off in Spanish class, huh?

Sorry to hear about your moderator position ending, Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy . It does sound tough to carry such expectations on your shoulders and being there for everything that pops up. I hope whatever you do in the future goes well for you and I hope you can have a more comfortable experience around here.
On a different topic, although this is a bit CRAZY..
That moment when you realize you don't have a limit... Watch out for upskirts, and may I say there are MANY of them.
:4cloud:Limits are meant to be broken. And though they're fan made, these videos should be solid enough proof that Rosalina has got the moves.
My Nintendo News stated: "Respected Japanese news publication The Nikkei is reporting that Nintendo is ceasing Wii U production at the end of the year to presumably make way for their next platform which is simply known as the Nintendo NX. The publication cites poorly selling software and a lack of interest in the hardware as the reason why production is ceasing." and the source is (Here)

...So I guess it's the end, huh? I'm sad to know that some fans won't be buying the Nintendo NX console. This is so upsetting, I don't get what people have against Nintendo. And I also don't get why Nintendo are making no-so-good games lately... Well, Zelda U and Starfox is an exception.
I gotta stop reading news articles like these. They make me way too salty. With that said:
  1. Why end production of the Wii U before its successor? I know the GameCube was dropped rather quickly after the Wii, but the Wii was built up with tangible updates along the way to prepare GameCube owners and potential buyers of the new system.
  2. I get that Japan has a much larger market in the handheld business, but if this is real, it's just so depressing to see the 3DS outlive the Wii U like this. The 3DS launched a year before it, and it too struggled at the beginning. What Nintendo did was make quick decisions to fix issues the system had at launch and make a miraculous 180. With the Wii U, I don't see that as much. Their Directs don't focus too much on Wii U, they never improved their marketing, and they used Smash Bros. as a crutch to keep consumers hyped. When DLC concluded, we're left with not too much to look forward to. Back to the 3DS, if the NX will have a handheld component, that will surely cannibalize its 3DS sales making the system drag on with waning sales after they promised it's here to stay. How much further can they go with it if they're competing with their own hardware?
  3. How can we know if Nintendo has bigger and better promises that they can actually deliver on with the next system? If they're stockpiling a whole slew of titles for the NX behind closed doors that would have been on Wii U if they had a bit more faith in it, that honestly seems a bit scummy to me. That would be evidence that Nintendo simply did not care for their current system and used it as filler rather than make the most out of it and entice people to buy it. But no, they just capitalized on their success with the 3DS family of systems and software and their amiibo cash cows. Their behavior at least with how they present their PR hasn't seemed to change much at all. I have a hard time believing they'll suddenly change overnight and come out swinging and party like it's the NES and SNES days again with all the massive support from both themselves and third parties minus the part where Nintendo monopolizes the market by restricting third party companies to their hardware.
  4. Rumors. Rumors everywhere. This is the most bizarre console prerelease speculation I have ever witnessed. We know nothing officially about the NX besides the code name, and yet it's become such a huge phenomenon. Everyone's talking about games they either want to see or are rumored. One of the most notable is The Legend of Zelda for Wii U. Everyone and their great grandmother firmly believe that the newest Zelda title will get the Twilight Princess treatment where it cross-releases on both Wii U and NX. Some claim this will be mostly due to Nintendo wanting to get as many launch systems sold as possible to build up the install-base early on rather than "sending the game out to die just on Wii U" so that they profit of the game more. Some also claim that the NX will not be backwards compatible because Kimishima implied that they are completely ditching the Wii brand by making it completely different, making people speculate they will no longer use the PowerPC architecture they have been using since the GameCube, resulting in speculation that backwards compatibility will not be compatible with Wii U on NX. I'm no expert on hardware architecture, but I'll surely be surprised that Nintendo would drop it when they've been absolute pros with the concept for the longest time now. With how many rumors there are, there are some joke videos out there with one about everything we know for sure about the NX, and the guy just shouts, "****ING NOTHING!" I don't know what to believe nowadays, but I think I'm better off ignoring any and all rumors. The problem is they pop up right in front of me at any given moment.
  5. The history of the Wii U feels oddly familiar. It feels like it's meeting a similar fate to another console that another company marketed poorly, had architecture difficult to program on, was overshadowed by its competition, and its life cycle was cut short by the company that produced it. I personally feel like the Wii U's life cycle and fate feels familiar to that of the Sega Saturn. I'll spare the details explaining its whole life cycle, but two years after its launch, Sega of America's president at the time stated, "The Saturn is not our future." They announced that they were done trying to support their system and that they were instead hard at work preparing for the Dreamcast. Last year, when Iwata announced that Nintendo would be branching out to the mobile smartphone market, he wanted to assure investors that they were still dedicated to their own hardware. His answer. A brand new machine code named NX. With all due respect, I'm still left scratching my head as to why he mentioned an upcoming device rather than say, "Don't worry. We are not forgetting about our own hardware. We will still continue to support Nintendo's Wii U and 3DS systems." In a way, the answer given about the NX almost feels like a "Wii U is not our future" type of answer. It's a scary thought. I think the Wii U and Saturn are both great, underrated systems with more untapped potential than what we were given. I especially don't want to see Wii U games hit Saturn prices, because the Saturn is a ***** to collect for!
The 3DS was the first handheld I ever bought brand new with my own money. Two months later, around the launch of Smash Wii U, the Wii U became the first home console I ever bought brand new with my own money. I want to feel like I've gotten my money's worth for both systems, but I feel that there is an imbalance between them. I don't want to get burnt by my Wii U purchase. I want the system to have a minimum of five years to its production life. It's becoming more clear day by day that the writing is on the wall, but Nintendo could have done so much better with the system if they did the right things with it.
Sorry about that long rant. I just can't help but feel frustration when I hear things like this about a console I enjoy so much that I would like to get more out of.

On a brighter note, I forgot to say this earlier. Happy Spring! Gee, it sure was tough making it through that nonexistent winter. It only snowed a couple times where I live and temperatures were often in the high 50s. But we still got some neat Rosalina artwork during the time like this one of Rosalina wearing a scarf and being cute.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm telling ya, Nintedon't is getting really desperate by rushing over releasing the NX too early (which I won't buy) and they seem to getting worse and worse. At that rate, they'll end up just like SEGA.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The PlayStation and XBOX really aren't any better though, since like I've said already, there's nothing on those consoles that I'd ever touch.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm telling ya, Nintedon't is getting really desperate by rushing over releasing the NX too early (which I won't buy) and they seem to getting worse and worse. At that rate, they'll end up just like SEGA.
I agree with you that Nintendo is a bit rush when it comes to release the NX this year (suppose those rumors were true). But saying Nintendo (Never heard of a company called Nntendon't) is dead, or bankrupt is way too pessimistic and biased. But I can say that if the NX fails, Nintendo is in a big trouble.
Don't set your mind on NX too early, when you haven't even seen the console yet.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm about 95% done with the re-texturing of that Ultra Smash model.

I'm done with placing textures on, but in regards to her jewelry, I'm still fiddling with the materials to make them look as pretty as possible. They aren't final yet but they give you an idea. The lighting is also extremely basic here.

I'm also thinking on doing some bump mapping on her clothes so you can see the cloth texture a bit better, like in the actual Ultra Smash game.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I agree with you that Nintendo is a bit rush when it comes to release the NX this year (suppose those rumors were true). But saying Nintendo (Never heard of a company called Nntendon't) is dead, or bankrupt is way too pessimistic and biased. But I can say that if the NX fails, Nintendo is in a big trouble.
Don't set your mind on NX too early, when you haven't even seen the console yet.
I already lost my faith in Nintendont since the amiiibo disaster began.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I already lost my faith in Nintendont since the amiiibo disaster began.
Again, I've never heard there's a company called Nintendont.
I can only say just wait and see. Perhaps there will be another mind blown rumor about the NX soon.
And by amiibos disaster you mean the shortage of some amiibos? Or that lame Animal Crossing amiibo game?
The PlayStation and XBOX really aren't any better though, since like I've said already, there's nothing on those consoles that I'd ever touch.
Slightly biased when you mention no good games on PS4, there are tons good games on that console.
I just feel that third party companies just don't like to embrace innovative ideas. Companies like Square-Enix, Capcom, Bandai-Namco made fun games but not much popularity on Nintendo console. Whereas on PS4 games they made all have stunning graphics, but never really have a fulfilling/breakthrough gameplay experience. Just take SF5 for example, it could have become the best SF game, but it doesn't have a good gameplay experience.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
They're definitely a lot of great games for the PS4 right now, such as Street Fighter V. The main reason why I bought the console is to play games like Metal Gear Solid V, Batman: Arkham Knight and the Final Fantasy VII remake that's been said to come out next year, which would make sense since it will mark 20 years since the original came out.

Again, I've never heard there's a company called Nintendont.
I can only say just wait and see. Perhaps there will be another mind blown rumor about the NX soon.
And by amiibos disaster you mean the shortage of some amiibos? Or that lame Animal Crossing amiibo game?
Now who's the one being biased here, defending Nintendo like that?

Wait for a "mind blowing" rumor about it? Not interested :4cloud:

You know what I mean.

EDIT: Yes, I double posted. I don't feel like editing my previous post.

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
They're definitely a lot of great games for the PS4 right now, such as Street Fighter V. The main reason why I bought the console is to play games like Metal Gear Solid V, Batman: Arkham Knight and the Final Fantasy VII remake that's been said to come out next year, which would make sense since it will mark 20 years since the original came out.
SF5 could have been better, but the feels slightly uncompleted.
And imagine those games came on the NX...
Now who's the one being biased here, defending Nintendo like that?
You can call me biased since that's just my own thoughts and opinions, what I said is that I never heard "Nintendont" (I don't enjoy mocking up company names, even those I don't like) and how I feel about third party companies make their games.It's okay you can disagree with with me, since it's all just speculations and my own personal opinions. If there's anything I misspoint, judge me. But never ever trying harass people just because you don't disagree with other people's opinions. I don't want any drama happening to me.
Wait for a "mind blowing" rumor about it? Not interested :4cloud:

You know what I mean.

EDIT: Yes, I double posted. I don't feel like editing my previous post.
I have to judge my own post, we might get "disappointing" rumor about NX at most... Prepare yourselves :4myfriends:
Examples of mindblown stuff from Nintendo? :4cloud2:<<Right here

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That still doesn't make up from all the ******* mistakes they made. They say they've learned from them, but they're not doing it.
Yeah, hope that changes during E3 2016.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
All I can say is that if a Final Fantasy VII remake ever gets released on a Nintendo console, that would surely make Cloud's presence in Smash 3DS / Wii U feel less awkward.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I'm about 95% done with the re-texturing of that Ultra Smash model.

I'm done with placing textures on, but in regards to her jewelry, I'm still fiddling with the materials to make them look as pretty as possible. They aren't final yet but they give you an idea. The lighting is also extremely basic here.

I'm also thinking on doing some bump mapping on her clothes so you can see the cloth texture a bit better, like in the actual Ultra Smash game.

Hey I have a question. Once you're done with the Ultra Smash Model, which looks FABULOUS by the way, what are you planning to do with Rosalina, in her fancy smancy tennis dress? No, seriously though, you have a gift. I ABSOLUTELY love this model you re-textured off, especially her pendant and crown jewels, just.. so exquisite and astounding!

So when I was playing Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, here's what I did:

What is the fabric of her dress, cotton? I really can't tell.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hey I have a question. Once you're done with the Ultra Smash Model, which looks FABULOUS by the way, what are you planning to do with Rosalina, in her fancy smancy tennis dress? No, seriously though, you have a gift. I ABSOLUTELY love this model you re-textured off, especially her pendant and crown jewels, just.. so exquisite and astounding!

So when I was playing Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, here's what I did:

What is the fabric of her dress, cotton? I really can't tell.
Looks like I'll have to add bump mapping to her pantyhose too, since they look real soft and have a texture to them.

Also it kinda looks like they half modeled a zipper onto the top half of the back of her outfit. Maybe I will give her an actual zipper. I mean, an outfit like that really SHOULD have one, how does she get in and out of it otherwise? Yeah she has magic, but still...

As for what I plan to do with the model, I'm not entirely sure. I want to make a vertex mod for Smash Bros Wii U, basically giving her this as an alt, but that will be a while away before I can implement that, as people are being a bit secretive on how to actually mod the game (you also need specific Wii U firmware at the minute, and my Wii U is a bit too updated). As well as that, I have an idea of maybe using it as a base to make like, a "Warrior Rosalina" outift or something like that (which I could also make a Smash mod).

Other than that, I will at least try to make some nice renders and little animations with it, again, for practice. And when the model is completely finished, I'll look into releasing it for the public.

Top Bottom