• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Last I heard (from a mod, no less), posting a video with swearing in it is fine as long as you warn users about it in the post. Which I did. The main reason for this is because it's often hard to avoid a few swears leaking into a video due to the unprofessional environment of YouTube, even when you just want to post it for something besides the swearing. Which was all the case with my post.

That is really all I am gonna say.
If you get me a source on that, I'll be happy to oblige. However as far as the rules go, posting a video with content that would be rule-breaking if in text counts as censor dodging. If it's hard to avoid posting a video with swears in it (that break the rules of course), then just don't post the video or post it in the Discord. If you have to ask yourself if it's alright to post something, chances are that it's not.

But again, if you get me a source on that, I'm fine with it.

(I know what he meant when he said there was language in it, by the way)

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Whenever you see movies with a PG rating or higher, if the rating reason is because of language, it's likely because some of the things in the movie might not be appropriate for younger viewers to hear; although the words themselves may not be inappropriate, they can be used in ways that a G-rated movie would never do.

Strong language would more than likely mean than vulgar stuff can be heard during the movie, which can be even more common to hear in an R-rated movie and above.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If you get me a source on that, I'll be happy to oblige. However as far as the rules go, posting a video with content that would be rule-breaking if in text counts as censor dodging. If it's hard to avoid posting a video with swears in it (that break the rules of course), then just don't post the video or post it in the Discord. If you have to ask yourself if it's alright to post something, chances are that it's not.

But again, if you get me a source on that, I'm fine with it.
I shouldn't have to get a source since it's seems to be a common thing you can ask any mod and they should tell you that (I did see a mod say it directly too, in the Nintenzone Social, but I would have an incredibly hard time finding that post since it was a long time ago). And it should be pretty easy to see why that would be a thing. Literally, videos with a couple of swear words are posted all of the time and nothing is done about it...nothing really needs to be done about it, honestly.

This is a competitive-oriented Smash Bros forum. It's really hard to post videos of that subject without swear words seeping in, considering who that community is primarily made up of. You want a post an amazing play from a particular player for example, or the first time tournament showing of a particular tech - but the commentator swears when it's shown off or something like that. You can't reasonably expect people not to post that video. Yes, somebody let off a stray swear or two, but the video is not about something inherently inappropriate and could be informative for people who want to improve their Smash play. Same with like, a showcase of an upcoming Nintendo game on some YouTuber's channel and stream. A lot of YouTubers will be unprofessional in their expression and will swear when they say, lose a life in the game, but they may still have new footage of the game of a level that hasn't yet been shown, and they may have interesting information to share.

In my case, I was posting an entertaining dance video that was using a 3D model that a lot of people seem to be interested in making use of. Yes, there happens to be the odd swear word in the song, but it's not the focus.

It'd be different if you're posting a video that's blatantly meant to have as many swear words as possible, or has swear words in it due to being about an adult theme. But if the swears aren't the focus, there should be no issue as long as the user making the post with the video, gives a notice that there is some bad language in it for those who might not like that.

While I can't find the original post I know I saw, the OP of the Nintenzone Social only states that images with swear words in their text count as censor dodging. It doesn't say anything about videos.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
That's a great speech, but my decision stands. Unless I see the post you're referring to, I am going by the rule as they are written. If you have any further complaints, PM me.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's a great speech, but my decision stands. Unless I see the post you're referring to, I am going by the rule as they are written. If you have any further complaints, PM me.
Being ignorant and sassy is not good moderation. I was explaining why videos with the odd stray swear are not considered censor dodging when the user makes a notice about it.

It's really as simple as asking another member of staff.

Also, in the site rules:

Do not post content that is excessively vulgar, profane, graphic, or violent in nature.
The odd stray swear in a video that ultimately isn't that vulgar, or about something inherently vulgar, is not defined as "excessive", in any social corner of the world.

Last edited:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
"Excessively" is up to the moderator's discretion. There were multiple F-words in the video you posted at the least. This is supposed to be a family friendly site suitable for children E10+ at least.

I'll say it again, any further complaints should be taken to a PM or Forum Support. Further commenting on this will result in an infraction.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
...Wow, this site's moderation just becomes more and more of a joke the more time I spend here. And it was already pretty laughable before I even joined the site.

I guess this thread is still gonna remain the ghost town the last one became, at this rate.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Guys, it's just bad words! There's literally no reason to make a big deal out of it. I once posted a video was swear texts, but now I know that counts as censor dodging, so it's kind of okay-ish for the video to only have audio swear word if you warn. So I'm agreeing that removing the MMD vid was absurd, but what also is absurd is that a small deal escalated to this!

EDIT: Please don't give me an infraction, it's just the last time I'm saying this.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Now arguing about bad words ... i would have to agree on the fact that this becoming a joke.

I find it particulary stupid since i remember vividly when people posted that Meme when Rosalina was revealed.

Remember the ''That's cute but i have a Galaxy *****'' meme? Yep , that was allowed and nobody got defensive or acted like a sjw about it.

Rosalina is clearly Doomed in this site apparently. Clearly a candidate for worst social page.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Now arguing about bad words ... i would have to agree on the fact that this becoming a joke.

I find it particulary stupid since i remember vividly when people posted that Meme when Rosalina was revealed.

Remember the ''That's cute but i have a Galaxy *****'' meme? Yep , that was allowed and nobody got defensive or acted like a sjw about it.

Rosalina is clearly Doomed in this site apparently. Clearly a candidate for worst social page.
There was an exclamation point in where the "i" is in the B-word, so that doesn't really counts as a full word but it still means the bad word tho.

I also remember this meme, it was also used by Villager! It's ironic how they see Villager as a serial killer rather than a "Protector of the Stars" who has some rather divine powers.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
There was an exclamation point in where the "i" is in the B-word, so that doesn't really counts as a full word but it still means the bad word tho.
This is irrelevant , the point still stands . The form of correct censorship is like it is applied in posts , like this *****

Not with symbols ; you can still clearly read the word.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I still wonder what are the two new outfit for Rosalina are going to be. Oh, and it would nice to know how the Rosalina costume can be unlocked. Of course, I'm getting the Wii U version, which is 6 days before my birthday.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Oh okay, never really played those. I think I played a demo for one on 3DS a while ago.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Oh okay, never really played those. I think I played a demo for one on 3DS a while ago.
Whoa, gonna go and download that demo. Say, I haven't even play all of the London 2012 demo yet.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm skipping that 2016 Rio Olympics game nor do I have any interest in getting it anytime soon. Not interested in the demo.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm skipping that 2016 Rio Olympics game nor do I have any interest in getting it anytime soon. Not interested in the demo.
As long as it doesn't cost money I'm fine. And I'm more focus on the real Rio 2016 than the video game.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
UH.... I think you need to put more cotton on Luma's sides.
And this is my 5,000 th post
Congratulations on your 5000 post! :D
Trust me, it doesn't, in the picture it seems slim and squashy, in real life it's seriously perfect. If anyone wants to buy it I can give you the link (or can I just post it here? Is it considered spam?)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Trust me, it doesn't, in the picture it seems slim and squashy, in real life it's seriously perfect. If anyone wants to buy it I can give you the link (or can I just post it here? Is it considered spam?)
I would love to buy it if you can share the link. I'm pretty sure it's fine to link here but you can send it to me over PM too.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Unfortunately the supply for that particular plush has ended on eBay but there's a new one on Amazon for the same type. I didn't check the affidability and it costs slightly more than what I paid for, I'll send the link to both of you.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Oh my gosh! Is this true?! I really hope Nintendo can make a Rosalina figurine, beside her amiibo. This is so amazing... (Source)
This calls for a celebration!

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Nah, I don't really need a Luma plushie for now (I want a Monado replica though...)

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Nah, I don't really need a Luma plushie for now (I want a Monado replica though...)
This reminds that I have to continue Xenoblade Chronicles. And oh my god a full-size real Monado would be sooooo cool.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This reminds that I have to continue Xenoblade Chronicles. And oh my god a full-size real Monado would be sooooo cool.
…So am I, I am spending too much time on Smash and Bravely Default.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
I finished Xenoblade X about a week ago and messing around I still get bugged of a thing: when Kentaro enters Overdrive with nothing more but a C&C minigun, a Receding Rust, a C&C armor set and Yamato Spirit, he starts getting 241.652.662.642.215.348.153.542 TP per hit from true stream edge, like there was a multiplier for Overdrive, and that is cool, if it wasn't that his Blossom Dance sucks because of his crappy equipment and usually Burning Slash>Incineary Edge is stronger, even Celica's Executioner menages to have higher damage than all of them together.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't have a smart phone, so Miitomo is not possible for me, but at least My Nintendo lets you use your Nintendo Network ID to log on.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I just downloaded Miitomo and I'm trying to login but for some reason I can't. Tomorrow I will try again, now I'm tired lol

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
Pardon me, but could anyone send me an invite for the Rosalina Discord? I asked about it in the other thread a while ago, but that seems to be dead. I'd love to be able to set up friendlies with Rosa mains to practice for an upcoming tourney.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, April Fools Day is just ahead, and my account has just been invaded by Waluigi. Expecting Rosalina? Too bad, Waluigi Time!!

Top Bottom