• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
So since the game is out, as I and others try to avoid spoilers, I do wonder if it would be considered spoilers by talking about major stuff in the game before Christmas. I'm also still avoiding spoilers in BOTW in case I get it. Some of you probably have the game by now. Frankly, I don't know how long it would take for something to not be a spoiler, since we could talk about Galaxy without spoiling, right? Just a thought I had.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So since the game is out, as I and others try to avoid spoilers, I do wonder if it would be considered spoilers by talking about major stuff in the game before Christmas. I'm also still avoiding spoilers in BOTW in case I get it. Some of you probably have the game by now. Frankly, I don't know how long it would take for something to not be a spoiler, since we could talk about Galaxy without spoiling, right? Just a thought I had.
When in doubt, use a spoiler tag.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I was browsing the web as usual and thanks to memoryman (oddly enough), I got another picture of another Rosalina cameo, still on the Moon (though I don't know which side)

Mario, Cat Peach and her are for now I think, the only characters we've found 8-bit sprites cameos of. There are certainly others of her somewhere else on the Moon. This place's currency is the Starbit after all.
Another "Rosalina" cameo in the game is how you can play a part of the Comet Observatory theme thanks to the sounds of the buttons of the pause menu (that seems a bit farfetched but I guess it really works? (see video here))

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I was browsing the web as usual and thanks to memoryman (oddly enough), I got another picture of another Rosalina cameo, still on the Moon (though I don't know which side)

Mario, Cat Peach and her are for now I think, the only characters we've found 8-bit sprites cameos of. There are certainly others of her somewhere else on the Moon. This place's currency is the Starbit after all.
Another "Rosalina" cameo in the game is how you can play a part of the Comet Observatory theme thanks to the sounds of the buttons of the pause menu (that seems a bit farfetched but I guess it really works? (see video here))
Even though I'm spoiling myself by clicking that, I couldn't help it! This game has so many content that it could last for years, like Galaxy. It's nice to see that this game is doing so well.

Seriously though, Mario in Peach's bridal dress looks amazing. Although, the dream of a chubby Italian man kicking butts in dresses has certainly come true. This just makes me hungry for the game more.

I hope Mario has the same outfit for the other Smash characters too, especially for the unconfirmed ones. It'd be cool to see him dressed as Rosalina or Sheik. And also, I wonder if this is how Luigi looks when he wore that wedding dress in TTYD.

FatalitySonic2

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2278-4493-3606
After seeing the sprite myself, I took several screenshots of it and I've reproduced the sprite with the Mario Maker color palette and I think I've did my best there.
https://twitter.com/FatalitySonic2/status/925465723534790656
And Killo89, Rosalina's sprite is on a hidden kingdom (that you unlock after collecting 250 Power Moons) named Dark Side.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
After seeing the sprite myself, I took several screenshots of it and I've reproduced the sprite with the Mario Maker color palette and I think I've did my best there.
https://twitter.com/FatalitySonic2/status/925465723534790656
And Killo89, Rosalina's sprite is on a hidden kingdom (that you unlock after collecting 250 Power Moons) named Dark Side.
So there's one in Darker Side and another one in Dark Side? Neat I guess. I mean, memoryman can brag how much he wants that Daisy got "more love" but she still hasn't reached Rosalina's level.

And bien joué with that sprite! Seems really accurate!

FatalitySonic2

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2278-4493-3606
So there's one in Darker Side and another one in Dark Side? Neat I guess. I mean, memoryman can brag how much he wants that Daisy got "more love" but she still hasn't reached Rosalina's level.

And bien joué with that sprite! Seems really accurate!
Oh, she's also at the 2nd Dark Side? Didn't know that (maybe I don't have enough Power Moons, that's why). But yeah, she's there on the 1st Dark Side too. Here.

Also, thanks. I paid attention to the pixels' placement. But even if it's not the same colors as in-game, she's still pretty like that.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Happy Halloween indeed! I hope everyone had a great October.

Oh, she's also at the 2nd Dark Side? Didn't know that (maybe I don't have enough Power Moons, that's why). But yeah, she's there on the 1st Dark Side too. Here.

Also, thanks. I paid attention to the pixels' placement. But even if it's not the same colors as in-game, she's still pretty like that.
For the dark side of the moon, that looks pretty bright to me. Or maybe as you walk, the light illuminates your path? And also, I love the fact that her cameo is at the very last level, the hardest. It reminds me of Crown world playing the Comet Observatory's theme, which was mentioned before, as well as Grandmaster Galaxy and Rosalina as the final resident in Galaxy 2. Nintendo, always saving the best for last. Also, does anyone get that Rosalina being on the dark side references her mysterious persona as well as immense powers?

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
No.

They likely just put a sprite in a obviously fitting place to make a connection. Looking deeper into this is stupid, it's just a sprite in the moon. Still more than what other characters got though.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Today is the tenth annyversary of Super Mario Galaxy, my guys. We should celebrate! Also, this amazing fan art (spoiler 'cause big):

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Rosalina is officially 10 years old (yay, double digits)! At least, in Japan. Happy Birthday to our celestial mother of the gaming industry! It's now a decade, and in such time, Rosalina grew and developed so much. She has so much dimension in her debut game, and now she is still that powerful character we all know and love. Rosalina is such a deserving character of her insane popularity in merely just a decade, and not only that, but the way her fans and developer treated her is truly astounding. I hope she continues to get the love she deserves, touch our hearts with her enchanting personality and influence younger generations of gamers.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
We in the double digits.

If anyone ever tells you that she isn't old enough to get in stuff or whatever, slap them. Very hard.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
We in the double digits.

If anyone ever tells you that she isn't old enough to get in stuff or whatever, slap them. Very hard.
I'll do that. Now she's part of the Mario legacy. No more "yeah but she appeared so late" crap. I won't accept it.

FatalitySonic2

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2278-4493-3606
I did one too. Here it is.
Last year, I did one only with her but it's not every year that she get double digits so I've added more characters in it.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
10/10, #PunIntended.

But seriously, the efforts you guys put into her anniversary are really something! I believe other people will do the same as well.

And to think she was so young yesterday... Ironically, she's the total opposite in the franchise when compared to the age of other characters from their time of creation. She's probably the youngest Mario mascot, unless there's a new one I might not be aware of.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did one too. Here it is.
Last year, I did one only with her but it's not every year that she get double digits so I've added more characters in it.
Well, yesterday was more than just Rosalina's 10th anniversary, as it was also the 10th anniversary for the Lumas, and pretty much all the other characters who made their debut in Super Mario Galaxy.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Yeah, the uploader is on fire today.

Also I got Sonic Forces a little early and made a Rosalina inspired Avatar.

That looks like those Winter Olympics outfits that Peach and Daisy wear. I can't help but think you used a recolored outfit of Amy. You did a great though, nice leggings and crown. It seems you're going for her sports look here.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's a shame that Sonic Forces isn't looking too promising right now.

Infinite looked like he'd have a lot of potential as a major antagonist, and yet, it's Dr. Eggman who's the final boss.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's a shame that Sonic Forces isn't looking too promising right now.

Infinite looked like he'd have a lot of potential as a major antagonist, and yet, it's Dr. Eggman who's the final boss.
I've already beaten it and had fun.

Also there is going to be more free DLC so there should be more story stuff in that.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've already beaten it and had fun.

Also there is going to be more free DLC so there should be more story stuff in that.
Hopefully there's a bonus story, which shows that Eggman survived, along with Infinite. However, Infinite finally betrays Eggman, and decides to conquer the world all by himself. In fact, Infinite's power would eventually become so strong that Modern Sonic, Classic Sonic, and your Avatar would have to go super to take him down for good.

It's wishful thinking though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hopefully there's a bonus story, which shows that Eggman survived, along with Infinite. However, Infinite finally betrays Eggman, and decides to conquer the world all by himself. In fact, Infinite's power would eventually become so strong that Modern Sonic, Classic Sonic, and your Avatar would have to go super to take him down for good.

It's wishful thinking though.
The Day One patch already states we are getting a Super Sonic transformation as DLC. So hopefully it comes with story content.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The Day One patch already states we are getting a Super Sonic transformation as DLC. So hopefully it comes with story content.
I hope you're right, since Sonic Colors and Sonic Lost World never utilized Super Sonic for any final boss bouts.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Celebrating Rosalina's 10 year anniversary i decided to make some fanart that turned out really cute

Baby Rosalina is included because it was fun and fitting to draw her as well

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
So i noticed, now that the Mario Party game has been released.

That they used classic Minigames result fanfares after each minigame. As in, lets say a Mario Party 3 minigame is played, the results fanfare will be a remix from Mario Party 3 results and so on.

Also, aside from the obvious fact that Rosalina still sounds horrible in this game, i noticed that they slightly changed her 2nd place pose from Star Rush.

changed to this

I personally prefer Star Rush's , it looks better and more natural with the hand in the hips.

Also, i know this is kinda double posting but this thread is basically death , so i guess this will at least put a bit more discussion.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I don't really understand the second pose, but from my perception, it appears that she's having a toned down pose as opposed to Star Rush. In the new Mario Party game, her pose looks more feminine, unlike the one with sassy hand on hip, and not to mention, the new pose looks more humble... That or she wanted to do a zombie pose, :/. I guess they changed it so they could differentiate the two games.

But even though it's a small change, if they're going for the humble route, I wouldn't mind since it's also a part of her multi layered character. Poses can say a lot about character, so it's nice to see Rosalina getting different ones once in a while.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sometimes I still question what made Rosalina become playable in the Mario Party series. It just doesn't feel right to see her get punished in the Bowser minigames.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Sometimes I still question what made Rosalina become playable in the Mario Party series. It just doesn't feel right to see her get punished in the Bowser minigames.
My first guess would be popularity. The lack of female characters comes second.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
i have to agree.

While having her playable is a very good thing obviously, it makes her look very generic. Specially when she is scared of Bowser

It also happens in 3D World when she is hurt even by a goomba, it just doesnt feel right.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Mario Party is a board game, (or just a simple game now) you can have all the power in the world and still get coins stolen by Bowser unless you cheat, Rosalina is the sort to play fair.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I do kind of wish that the next Mario Party installment would utilize a roster system like the one that I've set up below.

Team Mario
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Peach
  • Daisy
  • Yoshi
  • Birdo
  • Rosalina
  • Wario
  • Waluigi
  • Toad
  • Toadette
  • Donkey Kong
  • Diddy Kong
  • Dixie Kong
Team Bowser
  • Bowser
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Larry
  • Morton
  • Wendy
  • Iggy
  • Roy
  • Lemmy
  • Ludwig
  • Boom Boom
  • Pom Pom
  • Kamek
  • Hammer Bro
  • Dry Bowser (unlocked by clearing solo mode)
In solo mode, you can only play as the Team Mario characters. If any of the Team Mario characters finish a board in 1st place, you'll automatically advance to the next board. However, you'll have to restart the board from the very beginning if a Team Bowser character finishes in 1st place.

There would be a total of 8 boards, with the following player setups...
  • Board 1: You + 2 Team Mario characters + Lemmy
  • Board 2: You + 2 Team Mario characters + Morton
  • Board 3: You + 2 Team Mario characters + Larry
  • Board 4: You + 2 Team Mario characters + Iggy
  • Board 5: You + 1 Team Mario character + Roy + Boom Boom
  • Board 6: You + 1 Team Mario character + Wendy + Pom Pom
  • Board 7: You + 1 Team Mario character + Ludwig + Hammer Bro
  • Board 8: You + Bowser + Bowser Jr. + Kamek
On the final board, a Bowser Imposter takes over the Bowser Spaces. You'll also face the Bowser Imposter in a boss minigame, where its true identity is really Dry Bowser.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
A lot of things goes against Rosalina's canonical abilities in games like Mario Party and 3D World (and any Mario spin-offs, really), especially if you consider the fact that despite her being fearless, forming force fields, and aviation, she still gets "scared", harmed and falls. I don't have a problem with that since we know she would be too strong (physically and mentally) for these games, and since her going all out would render the game useless, the developers had to tone her down.

It would be nice to have some sort of reasoning to why, but instead, we get the implication that she's holding back. I like to think of these games as systems, with Rosalina knowing she can very well surpass them, but still choose to abide by it 'cause she's a good woman and not a cheater.

With that aside, Rosalina showing up in these games isn't that bad, and it's a normal thing considering she was made a staple years ago, thanks to her popularity. So yeah, it'd be strange to consider Rosalina, a part of the Mario main cast and mascot (who made a spot in Smash to represent Mario), an essential character to the lore and universe, and additionally, a well made character with tons of depths, to not be in a spin-off game with the Mario cast. I do admit, I miss her portrayal in Galaxy, and it has been so long since she was in a game like that. I also miss the Lumas.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Once again i was able to change Rosalina's sounds in one more game to fit everything i believe she represents. It may be a party game but Kerri's clips still blend better in this one. Cosmic and Echo-ey Rosalina ♥

Top Bottom