• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So Super Mario Run is getting an update.

Adds a bunch of new modes, a World Star (like the one in 3D World), and playable...

HI IM DAISY

And the comments section of every video and tweet on the subject is asking for a certain memoryman.

I swear to god if they add Rosalina with a World Flower...

Also, the game will be 50% off for two weeks.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Mmh... yeah anyway, Super Mario Run update adding a new mode where you can fully unlock Daisy.
It’s a really nice thing, the game is still being updated and all. The major problem for female characters was dresses after all.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So Super Mario Run is getting an update.

Adds a bunch of new modes, a World Star (like the one in 3D World), and playable...

HI IM DAISY

And the comments section of every video and tweet on the subject is asking for a certain memoryman.

I swear to god if they add Rosalina with a World Flower...

Also, the game will be 50% off for two weeks.
I will definitely play the game again if they have Rosalina. I haven't play it for a long time because I really can use to the controls. I prefer controlling Mario freely.
And... I better delete some of Videos on my phone to update it.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Meh...haven't played Super Mario Run in a long time mainly because of Fire Emblem Heroes, which is like a hundred times better. But if they somehow add Rosalina, then that'll be reason enough to play Mario Run again.

Still waiting for Animal Crossing mobile though.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
What unique abilities would Daisy have as a playable character in Super Mario Run, anyways? BTW, I'm not aversed, and I think it's unique, and I look forward to Daisy rescuing Peach, but what abilities would she have?

D

Deleted member

こんばんは (Good evening)! I hope it's cool to do a lil' meet-and-greet. I am a shy 56-year-old woman (making me possibly the oldest member on these forums thus far) who enjoys playing fighting games as well as Mario Kart and Mario Party games. Now, I am here to show my love for Rosalina being in Smash. When this year started, I wanted to get into a hard-to-master character, and :rosalina: is certainly one of them (though I also main :4peach: who I've used since Melee and recently :4bayonetta2:). Inasmuch as I use :icsmelee: as secondaries for Melee and Brawl, I feel right at home with her.

Favorite costumes I use? Her pink, blue, and green swatches as a homage to The Powerpuff Girls.

One more thing: the Rosalina artwork I saw on here was lovely that I wanted to use the one with her in the short black skirt as my avatar.

Sayonara :kirby:

Last edited by a moderator:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
So apparently, Daisy is going to be another damsel in distress, according to this. This is like Super Mario Land all over again.

Now I feel that if Rosalina was a damsel-in-distress, it'll be just... Moving on. But if she WERE to be in Super Mario Run, they should totally give her extra power or reuse the spin attack. Or even recycle some smash moves.

こんばんは (Good evening)! I hope it's cool to do a lil' meet-and-greet. I am a shy 56-year-old woman (making me possibly the oldest member on these forums thus far) who enjoys playing fighting games as well as Mario Kart and Mario Party games. Now, I am here to show my love for Rosalina being in Smash. When this year started, I wanted to get into a hard-to-master character, and :rosalina: is certainly one of them (though I also main :4peach: who I've used since Melee and recently :4bayonetta2:). Inasmuch as I use :icsmelee: as secondaries for Melee and Brawl, I feel right at home with her.

Favorite costumes I use? Her pink, blue, and green swatches as a homage to The Powerpuff Girls.

One more thing: the Rosalina artwork I saw on here was lovely that I wanted to use the one with her in the short black skirt as my avatar.

I hope you enjoy her! Rosalina and Luma will always be the stars of Smash, literally. Gotta have that majestic and divine grace when it comes to fighting, am I right? Anyways, thanks for your meet-and-greet, you are always welcomed here for a discussion.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Daisy's ability is actually the double jump, and yes, she is indeed a damsel in distress. That's... in character, I guess. It's not like they can allow themselves wonderful narratives for this game.

Hello there and welcome! It's very nice to see you here!

Last edited:

Tali vas Normandy

Smash Apprentice
Damn, I forgot Super Mario Run even existed. It came out first on the Iphone store and I forgot about it before it even came to android. I wanted to give it a try but I'm pretty sure I would end up dropping it quick.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Damn, I forgot Super Mario Run even existed. It came out first on the Iphone store and I forgot about it before it even came to android. I wanted to give it a try but I'm pretty sure I would end up dropping it quick.
Many people have forgotten about it and it's Nintendo's fault for not updating it like this earlier. Daisy is not that hard to model when Peach is already in the game, I really don't know why they haven't done it sooner.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Recently I found this awesome artist on Twitter. https://twitter.com/glassheart_0u0. Super talented, gallery is 100% safe, and many of the artworks are straight up diabetes-inducing. There is a lot of aww to behold. Here's all the Rosalina ones with the rough internet translation from each tweet because I found it a bit amusing. Plus my own comments on each.
Rosetta Mama and Chico-Chan

Hooray for Rosalina and luma cuddles all day every day! Can't get enough of these ones showing Rosalina expressing her motherly love to her babies.

Rider suit Rosetta Mama

Yep. Rosetta Mama is always prepared to power through any race and look good while doing it. What more can be said?

Peach and Rosetta sister-like relationship looks good. These two very eye-pleasing.

Of course we know canonically that Rosalina and Peach have no such relationship that's "sister-like" as they barely ever interacted in the main games. Likely just the result of the very poor generic translation. But this artist sure knows how to draw some aww.

No background version of Twitter header cats

Kitties! Like I said before. The amount of adorableness in these artworks is beyond ridiculous.

In SSBB Super this Rosetta took her in cute

Please stop. I can't take it anymore. With the ears and tail, and her kneeling down with her head lowered like a shy kitten, and all of it is just... AAAWWWWW!!!

Well, as we wait for Rosetta Mama to get her own dedicated game, at least we have great artists like this one to look forward to in the meantime.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I just 100% both Galaxy games again and I have to say.

The Perfect Run
Is
EVIL

Also the cutscenes with Rosalina are still the best in the series

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The cutscenes with Rosalina in them will always be the best. No cutscenes in any of the other Mario games can beat it.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33

So far in Odyssey, the amiibos are implied or confirmed to give Mario new outfits. And then find hidden moons... I'm currently suddenly worried about Rosalina's fate here, which she may or may not get the Mario Maker's treatment.

Wanted to share this minimalistic art i made.
I love how you show her monotonous, stoic and quiet nature that shows us how she holds that perpetual sorrow beneath. Kind of like when the creator did with her hairstyle, where the bang essentially captures her "outward strength and inner loneliness". She also looks derpy tho.

I also like Peach's and Daisy's as well, retaining their high spirits and girly composure.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Can't upload a pic but it looks the comet observatory has cameo in Superstar Saga. They added a pic of the blue comet in Marios house, along with other neat references

FatalitySonic2

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2278-4493-3606
So far in Odyssey, the amiibos are implied or confirmed to give Mario new outfits. And then find hidden moons... I'm currently suddenly worried about Rosalina's fate here, which she may or may not get the Mario Maker's treatment.
According to the amiibo news about the game, she doesn't unlock costumes at all (Daisy's not unlocking these either). So I'm worried about her fate too.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Rosalina doesn't necessarily have to appear in every single mainstream game though.
With her absence in Super Mario Run, Mario + Rabbids, and etc, I feel like her being in Odyssey should compensate. Not to mention the fact that if Captain Toad is there, Rosalina could at least be an NPC, like she was in Galaxy and how Pauline is in Odyssey. There is tons of space for it, considering they're recycling elements from past games, INCLUDING Galaxy, this should be a possibility.

You also have the fact that she is a main cast of Mario characters (A.K.A, mascot), playing a huge role in the universe, if not, the most serious, hence "protector of the cosmos". I'm fine with Rosalina not appearing in certain games like the Rabbids one, as well as other Mario characters like Waluigi, Wario and Daisy getting recognition, which is good for them, but it's a problem when Rosalina doesn't appear in anything apart from the spin-offs, considering her treatment in 2014, her inclusions in tons of games. She is one of the well known and beloved characters in the Mario franchise, so it makes no sense to not put her in if you can easily put in someone like Pauline and give her a role, which she can connect with the players. Then you have the fact that Rosalina was a playable character in 3D World, which has little story and follows the same Mario formula but with Sprixies. Doing the same for Rosalina shouldn't be a problem. But ultimately, if she won't be appearing in Odyssey, what else will come for her 10th anniversary and Galaxy's?

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I mean yeah, she doesn't have to appear in every mainstream game

But good lord, she needs to stop having just party game appearences.

it's already annoying enough. Rosalina needs to be portrayed back as calm and wise like in the past main games (Galaxy)

She is becoming Daisy and Waluigi all over trapped in spin off land and im tired of that already.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina doesn't have to show up in every mainline Mario game and certainly not every Mario game, and there are some games I'd rather she skip out on entirely (mainly stuff like Mario + Rabbids and the current Mario RPGs) due to her not really fitting in tonally. You could argue the same for games like Mario Party and Mario Kart, but since I feel those games have no context and your favourite character is more or less an avatar at that point, it's OK for her to show up there, she mostly shares generic animations with every other character. Plus, those games are particularly popular so keeping her in there means people won't forget about her.

Regarding Odyssey though, I kinda want her to show up mainly because this game seems like somewhat of a celebration of Mario's history. You have Pauline coming back, a certain big location from another 3D Mario has already been confirmed, you have all of these outfits from Mario's history wearable in-game, they're returning to the open-world style of 3D Mario while also having miniature 3D World-esque sections and even 8-bit 2D sections, and Captain Toad is here - it would be pretty weird for one of the biggest characters from one of the most critically acclaimed games to not show up and have something interesting done with her in a game like this.

Even a cameo or unique amiibo functionality would be appreciated. Granted, if she does have a bigger role in the game, I don't think they'll announce it and will keep it a secret.

I don't think Rosalina as a whole is going anywhere at this point, especially with Koizumi becoming more prominent. I just hope she gets her dues. More merch wouldn't hurt too. Actual, high quality merch, not just mini-gacha figures.

Really, at this point, she needs her own game. It's way past time to be thinking about it. And I'd hope for something more than a cute Luma Chao Garden, I want a grand adventure.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If Rosalina does happen to get her own game, she can't be 3D World short. At least make her taller than most of the common generic enemies.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
On the plus side of Rosalina not showing up in things, even though she's a staple Mario character, people won't have a reason to use the excuse of "she's shoved into everything" which is ignorant and a bit rude (not like she genuinely is an interesting character and has a deep backstory or is considered an important figure despite knowing well she can fit into some Mario games). Yes, Rosalina doesn't have to show up in any mainline Mario games, especially for Rabbids, although I don't understand why a cameo couldn't at least made it in (and this is just me illogically wanting Rosalina in every game for some reasons). But what's past is in the past, so the future would be Odyssey, so Rosalina appearing in it would likely be the small, insignificant cameo/etc or just like 3D World's way of including her in the game. You've got to admit, they do a pretty good job at keeping her from spoilers and leaks, though.

As for her own game, if it won't be for her 10th anniversary, it would be either for her 25th, 30th or something like that considering that Nintendo usually does these things at a certain anniversary. Another question I had in mind is exposition. Will we learn more about Rosalina in Odyssey or another game? She's been a mysterious character for so long now. As for the set-up, I'm certain she would be tall if she were to appear in Odyssey or her own game, especially more if she isn't playable, since 3D World shortens her for playability.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
On the plus side of Rosalina not showing up in things, even though she's a staple Mario character, people won't have a reason to use the excuse of "she's shoved into everything" which is ignorant and a bit rude (not like she genuinely is an interesting character and has a deep backstory or is considered an important figure despite knowing well she can fit into some Mario games). Yes, Rosalina doesn't have to show up in any mainline Mario games, especially for Rabbids, although I don't understand why a cameo couldn't at least made it in (and this is just me illogically wanting Rosalina in every game for some reasons). But what's past is in the past, so the future would be Odyssey, so Rosalina appearing in it would likely be the small, insignificant cameo/etc or just like 3D World's way of including her in the game. You've got to admit, they do a pretty good job at keeping her from spoilers and leaks, though.

As for her own game, if it won't be for her 10th anniversary, it would be either for her 25th, 30th or something like that considering that Nintendo usually does these things at a certain anniversary. Another question I had in mind is exposition. Will we learn more about Rosalina in Odyssey or another game? She's been a mysterious character for so long now. As for the set-up, I'm certain she would be tall if she were to appear in Odyssey or her own game, especially more if she isn't playable, since 3D World shortens her for playability.
Rosalina getting her own game doesn't need an anniversary to tie into it.

It just needs to happen, period. They didn't wait for any special event to give Yoshi and Wario their own spin-offs.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Well it doesnt really need to happen tbh.

i mean, Rosalina is a main character now , its pretty obvious. However she has considerably fallen into the ´´spin off´´ cast status during the recent years.

Peach getting her own game is pretty understandable as she is the most important Mario female , as well as one of the most recognizable and important characters overall not only in the series but for the company as a whole and also the videgame world.

I dont see why Rosalina should get a complete game for to be honest. She is always gonna be a stand out character , very special to me and to many but i dont see how that compares to any other actual Nintendo mascot character.

And no Rosalina is not a mascot character, Mario is , Peach is and Bowser is. Rosalina is not.

Saying she is would make tons of other popular characters in videogames actual mascots for companies and that's just very incorrect. The actual mascots represent their companies world wide since AGES ago , tied up with beng massively popular like Mario himself.

In the end, whether this ens up happening or not is up to Nintendo. But i dont see why.

The transition of Rosalina being NPC in Galaxy and then turning playable in MKWii didnt feel forced as introducing a New racer from a newer game at that time was just right.

then the transition to become more prominent was just expected as she grew really popular and i guess one more female would make the general standard future rosters look a bit more diverse.

But having her own game? After literally just being in party games mostly and having only 1 major main game appearence? (3d world doesnt really count as Rosalina's relevancy and character shine only in Galaxy 1)

No thank you. It just seems so wrong and unrealistic.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well it doesnt really need to happen tbh.

i mean, Rosalina is a main character now , its pretty obvious. However she has considerably fallen into the ´´spin off´´ cast status during the recent years.

Peach getting her own game is pretty understandable as she is the most important Mario female , as well as one of the most recognizable and important characters overall not only in the series but for the company as a whole and also the videgame world.

I dont see why Rosalina should get a complete game for to be honest. She is always gonna be a stand out character , very special to me and to many but i dont see how that compares to any other actual Nintendo mascot character.

And no Rosalina is not a mascot character, Mario is , Peach is and Bowser is. Rosalina is not.

Saying she is would make tons of other popular characters in videogames actual mascots for companies and that's just very incorrect. The actual mascots represent their companies world wide since AGES ago , tied up with beng massively popular like Mario himself.

In the end, whether this ens up happening or not is up to Nintendo. But i dont see why.

The transition of Rosalina being NPC in Galaxy and then turning playable in MKWii didnt feel forced as introducing a New racer from a newer game at that time was just right.

then the transition to become more prominent was just expected as she grew really popular and i guess one more female would make the general standard future rosters look a bit more diverse.

But having her own game? After literally just being in party games mostly and having only 1 major main game appearence? (3d world doesnt really count as Rosalina's relevancy and character shine only in Galaxy 1)

No thank you. It just seems so wrong and unrealistic.
A mascot character has nothing to do with how long they've been around.

A mascot character is a character that's either originally designed with the intent to sell merchandise, or goes on to be used for that purpose. They're a marketing tool.

I have three different Rosalina plushies, two unique amiibo (three copies of the Smash one, two copies of the Super Mario one), a Rosalina poster, five non-amiibo Rosalina mini-figures, and hell, a Rosalina facecloth. A facecloth.

That's not even getting into the more minor merch I don't have like trading cards, or the unofficial fan merch.

There is no beating around the bush with it, Rosalina is a mascot character. You put Rosalina in something or you make something in her image, and it prints money. Her Smash Bros amiibo is still one of the most highly sought after amiibo.

The thing that separates Rosalina from the other Mario characters is that she was designed as a character first, mascot second, by a creator who cared about her. All of the other Mario characters just take a super basic trait to define themselves and that's how they were designed from their inception. They all have a one-note, marketable gimmick at the core of their character that people can project themselves onto and that's how the sell merch (Mario is the jolly hero, Luigi is the underdog, Yoshi is adorable and child-like, Donkey Kong is dorky and goofy, Wario is greedy, Peach is the girl, etc). While other writers and developers have had their own takes on the characters that flesh them out more, that's only because the characters are so basic that they are basically blank slates.

Rosalina is different. She was personally constructed by Koizumi as a passion project of sorts, and wasn't constructed from just one trait, but has a variety of elements that define her as a character from the get go. She has agency. She feels like an actual character.

However, Nintendo realised that if you make an actually well-realised character like Rosalina, and they become beloved, it's an endless gold mine for money. So that's why Rosalina gets more merch and appearances now, even though that wasn't their initial intention. So yeah, long story short, Rosalina wasn't designed to be a mascot character from the concept stages, like every other main Mario character was. But she ended up being merchandised in that same way because her being a well-realised and fleshed out character sort of achieves the same result as building a basic, blank slate character from the get go, would achieve.

As for her own game, there's no reason not to do it. There's tons of potential premises. The Yoshi and Wario spin-off franchises derive their gameplay premises from the Mario games they originate from. Super Mario World was more exploration-based than other Mario games, so the Yoshi games are all about exploration. Super Mario Land 2 was a fairly action packed and fast paced game with a focus on collecting coins, so Wario games take those concepts to a more extreme degree.

The main gimmick of Super Mario Galaxy was the floatiness of being in space on little planetoids you could walk around. It was all about gravity. Rosalina already has gravity powers. So the gameplay could just revolve around controlling gravity to move around the environment.

As for the story, Rosalina transcends the existence of literal universes. Who knows what she's lived through and what she's seen? They can literally do anything with that premise. Plus they could always shed light on her family, or on how she got her powers, or on just how powerful she can get. If anything, Rosalina has much more solid premises to work off of than any other Mario character, past or present, when it comes to potential for her own game.

I mean the Dil...er, I mean, the Vibe Scepter, was completely made up for Super Princess Peach. They had to make up a power for Peach to serve as her core mechanic because she didn't have anything besides the float to make her unique (and the float isn't enough to make a game out of).

Rosalina already has a robust variety of powers to work with for game mechanics. You don't even need to make anything up for her.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
right...

In the end, Rosalina still has nothing on the actual characters the represent the company and the series in a much more prominent way.

That and the fact that she is basically more of a party character as of today so that's not deserving of a whole game for herself.

It really seems out of place to give such a spotlight to a character that doesn't hold the same weight as the most important characters in the franchise.

Rosalina is relevant and well liked, but as stated she has nothing on Mario or Peach or even Yoshi who also has his own games and for a good reason. Never has and probably never will and that's just fine for me.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
right...

In the end, Rosalina still has nothing on the actual characters the represent the company and the series in a much more prominent way.

That and the fact that she is basically more of a party character as of today so that's not deserving of a whole game for herself.

It really seems out of place to give such a spotlight to a character that doesn't hold the same weight as the most important characters in the franchise.

Rosalina is relevant and well liked, but as stated she has nothing on Mario or Peach or even Yoshi who also has his own games and for a good reason. Never has and probably never will and that's just fine for me.
Your argument falls flat precisely because Wario and Yoshi have their own games.

Rosalina has had more than enough time to build up a legacy, she's beyond justified in getting her own game at this point.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
It's beyond me how you actually think Rosalina has something on Yoshi or Wario when it comes to relevancy to the series.

Characters that have represented Mario since retro games and such. Characters that have been around forever. Characters that Nintendo clearly believes that have way more weight than Rosalina inside the franchise. To this date theres still people that think Rosalina is Peach, and that speaks volumes to me.

What i think it's flat it's your reasoning in here considering that Rosalina doesn't really serve as a front face to any Mario game nor she is treated as one. She is treated like what she is up to date, a main character in party games that debuted in a main game as an NPC.

I'd say she is above the ``Daisy and Waluigi space`` but she is really under every other character that comes next such as Toad and Yoshi.

I think its more likely to have her playable in some sort of Mario game in the same line with 3D World.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's beyond me how you actually think Rosalina has something on Yoshi or Wario when it comes to relevancy to the series.

Characters that have represented Mario since retro games and such. Characters that have been around forever. Characters that Nintendo clearly believes that have way more weight than Rosalina inside the franchise. To this date theres still people that think Rosalina is Peach, and that speaks volumes to me.

What i think it's flat it's your reasoning in here considering that Rosalina doesn't really serve as a front face to any Mario game nor she is treated as one. She is treated like what she is up to date, a main character in party games that debuted in a main game as an NPC.

I'd say she is above the ``Daisy and Waluigi space`` but she is really under every other character that comes next such as Toad and Yoshi.

I think its more likely to have her playable in some sort of Mario game in the same line with 3D World.
I can't with this post.

You literally said that Rosalina can't have her own game because she hasn't been around long enough and therefore isn't very relevant. That's a fan rule in and of itself, but let's pretend it's not for arguments sake.

But then you ALSO go on to say that Yoshi and Wario got their own games because they were "more relevant" than Rosalina and had been around longer...except, Wario and Yoshi both got their first spin-off games within a year of their debut in the Mario franchise. Yoshi and Wario are also not as old as Mario and Luigi and the others either, there is still a 10 year gap there. So clearly, how long Yoshi and Wario were around had nothing to do with them getting spin-off games because they got them immediately.

Also Wario isn't as relevant to main series Mario as Rosalina, he's been relegated to spin-offs entirely, having only appeared in a remake of Super Mario 64 since he debuted. He instead gets his own games. Even in Smash, he represents his own games. Rosalina has appeared in 3 out of 4 main series Mario titles since she debuted and is grouped with the core Mario characters in Smash. She's more relevant to the main series.

You honest to god sound like the only way Rosalina can "justify" getting her own game is if she pops out of the TV screen and becomes president of the universe in real life or something.

She's been around for a decade. She has lore and backstory and an unquantifiable amount of in-universe time to her lifespan. She has a bunch of different powers and abilities. She has mysteries that could be answered. And most importantly, she is one of the most beloved Mario characters and has proven her staying power. She's way past justifying her own game.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I believe Rosalina has plenty of merit to warrant her own game by now, but I see why the idea isn't exactly on Nintendo's mind right now. They're ultimately focused on building upon pre-established series rather than starting a new sub-series. And if they do something new like a brand new IP, it's always something totally left field like Splatoon or ARMS. And remember how vocal everyone had to be for Nintendo to bring Metroid back from the dead after so many years? I'd wager the amount of Rosalina fans as devoted as us are not quite the same size as those crowds. We would probably have to pray that enough of Koizumi's influence spreads out through the company internally.

Plus if Rosalina were to have a game like an RPG, I don't really trust Nintendo with that genre based on their track record for their recent RPGs and... """RPGs""". Of course the project could always be outsourced to a third party as long as it has nothing to do with the terrible Rabbids.

I dunno. Rosalina appearing in Odyssey is well deserved I believe, but it's not a requirement for the game to be great.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
One idea for a game involving Rosalina would be to reference some of the 3D Legend of Zelda titles, and how their combat systems work. Rosalina could target enemies, and use her magic to take them down. And as Rosalina advances further into the game, she'll gain access to new moves that may be needed to combat the stronger foes. Examples of new moves can include firing energy balls from her wand, and perform counter strikes to knock enemies off balance (which may be needed against enemies who move too fast to hit by any other means).

On a side note, the weakest enemies would not be able to hurt Rosalina at all while unarmed.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Rosalina getting her own game doesn't need an anniversary to tie into it.

It just needs to happen, period. They didn't wait for any special event to give Yoshi and Wario their own spin-offs.
You're absolutely right, I was just thinking ahead of time in what if Rosalina had her own franchise and they celebrated anniversaries for her, just like Metroid. That explains the numbers. But yeah, she doesn't need to have one, but it would be cool if they held anniversaries for her (when she gets her series, of course), seeing how great a role model she truly is, defying stereotypes with a ton of shocking elements.

I'm just only concerned in how they're actually going to do it, be it out of the blue or gradually making it way onto the stage.

As for the story, Rosalina transcends the existence of literal universes. Who knows what she's lived through and what she's seen? They can literally do anything with that premise. Plus they could always shed light on her family, or on how she got her powers, or on just how powerful she can get. If anything, Rosalina has much more solid premises to work off of than any other Mario character, past or present, when it comes to potential for her own game.
This has got to be my favorite paragraph on this page from you today. I agree beyond limits. Taking an heavenly/celestial and powerful yet family-friendly way of game setting, just like with Mario Galaxy but more in depth with the concept of Rosalina and her abilities/ties would be very salient to a serious game.

One idea for a game involving Rosalina would be to reference some of the 3D Legend of Zelda titles, and how their combat systems work. Rosalina could target enemies, and use her magic to take them down. And as Rosalina advances further into the game, she'll gain access to new moves that may be needed to combat the stronger foes. Examples of new moves can include firing energy balls from her wand, and perform counter strikes to knock enemies off balance (which may be needed against enemies who move too fast to hit by any other means).

On a side note, the weakest enemies would not be able to hurt Rosalina at all while unarmed.
I actually think she'd battle more of the universal threats as opposed to minor mundane foes. For example, you can imagine a tyrant with great malevolent powers beyond comprehension, perhaps with manipulation of space, would be a more suitable match for Rosalina. You could always look at the villain whose powers match Rosalina but is evil with dark, corrupt intentions in dominating/obliterating the universe.

I believe her playstyle would be more of Galaxy, but from the perspective of the cosmic mother with unlimited authority over the cosmos defending from threats. Plus, her bios look like it can be hinted at a phenomenal game. Maybe it could also be a game to fix Galaxy's plotholes and explain the Mario lore better, if not, expand on her backstory and have a lore built in for her. I'm just thinking about how the most powerful being in the Mario universe, blessed with tremendous powers, can fit into a game without easily winning with little to no plot due to her abilities, unless she holds back.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I actually think she'd battle more of the universal threats as opposed to minor mundane foes. For example, you can imagine a tyrant with great malevolent powers beyond comprehension, perhaps with manipulation of space, would be a more suitable match for Rosalina. You could always look at the villain whose powers match Rosalina but is evil with dark, corrupt intentions in dominating/obliterating the universe.
Even tyrants have their pawns though. Rosalina would probably have to get past them first before taking on the big boss itself.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Even tyrants have their pawns though. Rosalina would probably have to get past them first before taking on the big boss itself.
I think her children can handle the pawns. The Lumas are capable of fighting, after all. Rosalina could fight the pawns, but seeing how the weaker ones would affect her very little, I figured she'd leave them to her children while the big mama takes on a larger duty, and fixate on halting the threats. You could argue that her children might get harmed in the process, so she could simply warp them all into oblivion with little to no trouble. Seeing how she took out Bowser's fleet in Galaxy, I figured she can do the same thing. And her Comet Observatory could act as her hub world or core spawn.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think her children can handle the pawns. The Lumas are capable of fighting, after all. Rosalina could fight the pawns, but seeing how the weaker ones would affect her very little, I figured she'd leave them to her children while the big mama takes on a larger duty, and fixate on halting the threats. You could argue that her children might get harmed in the process, so she could simply warp them all into oblivion with little to no trouble. Seeing how she took out Bowser's fleet in Galaxy, I figured she can do the same thing. And her Comet Observatory could act as her hub world or core spawn.
That sounds more like a Dynasty Warriors battle system, and frankly, I don't like the idea of Rosalina treating the Lumas like pawns.

Top Bottom