• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Apparently there is a 3DS drawing/messaging app in Japan that has Rosalina background "paper", as well as a tutorial for drawing Rosalina. That's pretty cute.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If only that nose line wasn't present. It often makes me think that her nose is big, which is why I removed it from my avatar.

FatalitySonic2

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2278-4493-3606
Apparently there is a 3DS drawing/messaging app in Japan that has Rosalina background "paper", as well as a tutorial for drawing Rosalina. That's pretty cute.

That 3DS drawing/messaging app is Swapdoodle. And yes; that's cute. ^^

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
After browsing through DeviantArt a lot, I was able to find a model of Rosalina with her Tennis outfit, which has bare feet polygons. It's not Nintendo's own model, but it at least gave me an opportunity to replace the sneakers with high heels.

rosalinatennismmd.png

I know that Rosalina typically wears silver heels, but for her Tennis outfit, I recolored the heels to match her dress color.

Credits
  • [MMD] TDA Princess rosalina sport: ToddynhoIce
  • [MMD] Simple Bow Heels: MaiMami
Model Sources

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Today is my first solar eclipse, though it'll be partial. I can't wait, though glasses seem to be sold out, unfortunately. The eclipse is gonna happen in the United States, and from Oregon to South Carolina. For those of you who live in the USA, I hope you can check it out! Though as a warning, do not look directly into the moon/sun or you might get permanent eye damage, and eclipse glasses are useful. This is gonna be interesting! Time to invade the fire nation...

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Happy Solar Eclipse day! At the very least, we can see livestreams of the event and take in this rare gem of space activity. I find it to be such a unique phenomenon that I find it hard to believe this is the first in my lifetime. To think I'm alive at a point where my first solar eclipse is while I'm 21 now and the next will probably come during my mid 40s lol. What unique timing as well to appear during the year of Rosalina's 10th anniversary. It kinda feels like a nice symbolic reminder of the impact Rosaliina has brought to us all with not only her overpowering beauty, but also the strength of her core self that has managed to reach out to our hearts and connect with such a unique and inspiring character.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
This place is dead, we really need a new Smash Game announcement soon, bring this place. Or at least a new place to talk.

Anyway, you guys hear of the three new kingdoms found in Odyssey?

Snow Kingdom
Lake Kingdom
Mushroom Kingdom

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
There's this video on Youtube that explains characters with the most interesting stories, and I agree with them, be they simple or complex. I think many of you will like this video.

This place is dead
Aside from the lack of news regarding Rosalina from Nintendo, I suppose the reasons this place is dead is because of real life issues or other matters that may divert from communicating on this thread. I mean, we're Rosalina fans, why can't we talk or idolize about Rosalina even if there's nothing news worthy? I'm always down for a Rosalina discussion, especially since this is one of the most unique and intricate characters we're talking about. I just hope that we could make this a more thriving thread, with more discussions and topics of interest.

And hold up, the MUSHROOM KINGDOM..? If that is a legitimate world, then this game has got to be a must-get!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
According to Rogersbase and Andre from GameXplain, Rosalina will be featured in a major Mario project in the near future.

So I guess there's that. It's probably Odyssey.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
It's about time, the last major game she's been in that I can remember was 3D World. So Odyssey would likely be her fourth major appearance. Now, about those femme Cappy like eyes though... If we get to play as Peach and control other characters, that'll be cool!

MaJoR MuCuS

Smash Apprentice
According to Rogersbase and Andre from GameXplain, Rosalina will be featured in a major Mario project in the near future.

I would love for this to be true. Rosalina making a decent appearance in Odysey would be fantastic. But a Rosalina game where you tend to the galaxy and raise Luma's Chao Garden style would work wonderfully.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I guess playability for her is a bit having one's hopes too high, but the Cosmic Spirit functionality would work well to match Cappy's control.
You know, as long as she's there and in character, it's awesome. It's already a lot more compared to what other Mario characters get.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm still not too convinced that Rosalina will be present in Super Mario Odyssey at any point in the game. Then again, Captain Toad did make an appearance, so pretty much anything can happen.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Considering that Yoshiaki Koizumi is playing a bigger hand in this game than the last couple of games, I would say Rosalina showing up is a lock. There's also the fact he recently said the Rosalina amiibo is his favourite one in an AMA, so her amiibo is bound to get some cool functionality.

Whether it's just cameos or maybe as the "leader" of a space kingdom (we already know there is one) like Pauline is for New Donk City, I think she's bound to show up somehow.

I mean she's already been in three out of four main series 3D Mario games since her debut. Her showing up shouldn't even be surprising or unusual anymore even without the finer knowledge of who is working on the games.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Considering that Yoshiaki Koizumi is playing a bigger hand in this game than the last couple of games, I would say Rosalina showing up is a lock. There's also the fact he recently said the Rosalina amiibo is his favourite one in an AMA, so her amiibo is bound to get some cool functionality.

Whether it's just cameos or maybe as the "leader" of a space kingdom (we already know there is one) like Pauline is for New Donk City, I think she's bound to show up somehow.

I mean she's already been in three out of four main series 3D Mario games since her debut. Her showing up shouldn't even be surprising or unusual anymore even without the finer knowledge of who is working on the games.
When was it confirmed there actually is a space kingdom?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
When was it confirmed there actually is a space kingdom?
One of the key art pieces had a map with a bunch of kingdoms on it and one of them said "Moon Kingdom" IIRC.

The moon also seems like it's going to play a huge role in the plot. Bowser is holding the wedding on the moon, it's prominently visible in all of the levels so far, and you collect Power Moons as the main collectible. So it's looking pretty likely we'll be going to the moon at some point, which is of course in space.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
One of the key art pieces had a map with a bunch of kingdoms on it and one of them said "Moon Kingdom" IIRC.

The moon also seems like it's going to play a huge role in the plot. Bowser is holding the wedding on the moon, it's prominently visible in all of the levels so far, and you collect Power Moons as the main collectible. So it's looking pretty likely we'll be going to the moon at some point, which is of course in space.
Pics?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here's Rosalina's next game as far as we know.

I'm really disappointed this isn't a Switch game. It really should be. Gonna have to wait for more info on this one, but something tells me it will be just a cheap cash grab.

Also

IMG_20170914_000111.jpg

Nipples are now canon.

Rosalina's when

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
The blue Toad with glasses is such a tease to Galaxy related stuff. And a best of package for Mario Party seems like a pretty good buy so now I can get back into some more Pushy Penguins action.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Also a clean version of Rosalina's render from her Super Mario amiibo box has shown up. Hopefully we get a full body high res version soon.

IMG_20170914_004711.jpg

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Excited for the Mario Party game.

Also excited because its from the 3DS which means its 100% modeable for me.

But im sad because i wanted a Rosalina appearence in a game in which her character could be polished and return to be the original portrayal , not yet ANOTHER spin off with everybody overly happy and Rosalina feeling off.

I'd still take it though , i guess.

Saw the trailer , uses the terrible Star Rush voices. the first thing you hear in the video is that lovely scream i hate. oh come on...

Oh WELL... it can be fixed though.

Im glad they picked many of my favorite minigames though.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You do have to wonder if only the Mario Party veterans will be playable in the Mario Party Top 100. It would be rather amusing if the Koopalings somehow got to join the party.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
To think it took this long for Goomba and Koopa amiibo to be made. And now the series line-ups are continuing to look more like collecting Smash tropies IRL.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Found a full body version of that render.

Her colour scheme is literally perfection here, it makes me feel super cozy!

876e12f4-deb5-466f-a9c4-a18d3f9a9007.png

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Time is just flying by these days. We're barely a month and a half away from the 10 year anniversary for the original Super Mario Galaxy's first release in Japan on November 1st. Just several days after Odyssey launches. 10 years of Rosalina with many more to come. I myself plan on doing something special for the occasion. I may or may not have started some more frequent practice with drawing stuff and might be willing to provide a celebratory piece by November that hopefully doesn't completely suck.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I want her in odyssey just because i want to know how they could handle her.

I also am impatient to know how Laura would portray Rosalina in game WITH NO party-esque feel.

I would also want to know how it would be for the current actress to interact in a space envoirment with Lumas , since fun fact: Laura has never gor the chance to appear as Rosalina alongside a Luma. It was always the previous actresses.

And i also would love to see how Rosalina would react to the plot or if somehow she has a cappy ability or something idk.

I just want her out of the party games again , with the new Mario Party coming is getting so annoying all the Rosalina appearences since several games ago are party games. She is way more than a party character.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I want her in odyssey just because i want to know how they could handle her.

I also am impatient to know how Laura would portray Rosalina in game WITH NO party-esque feel.

I would also want to know how it would be for the current actress to interact in a space envoirment with Lumas , since fun fact: Laura has never gor the chance to appear as Rosalina alongside a Luma. It was always the previous actresses.

And i also would love to see how Rosalina would react to the plot or if somehow she has a cappy ability or something idk.

I just want her out of the party games again , with the new Mario Party coming is getting so annoying all the Rosalina appearences since several games ago are party games. She is way more than a party character.
I was actually thinking they could make Rosalina playable in this if they really want to since Rosalina could literally do exactly what Cappy does with the possession stuff with her Cosmic Spirit power.

I don't expect them to make her playable but she already innately can do what Cappy can so the potential is there. I think she'll just make an end/post-game cameo though.

Also apparently Mario Party: Top 100 will actually have boards so that's good, I might actually get it.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Wow I feel so slow on not realizing this could be a thing.

How might star bits work in soda though? How about some other cosmic theme? Bah, I'm just rambling at this point... Just thinking about some fun summer stuff.

Anyway, Mario Odyssey looks stellar. Mayor Pauline is great. I wouldn't doubt ideas or plans to implement Rosalina in some way. In fact, I think there's room for something for the whole cast with the high emphasis on exploration.

As for Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle? Ugh. I'm sorry. The gameplay looks pretty neat and it has some good ideas, but the rabbids alone are a deal-breaker for me. I know it's cliché to call them the "minions of gaming," but they're just so annoying. And I'll never forget how they damn near killed the Rayman franchise back in the day. This is one game where I definitely do not want to have Rosalina in it. Just the thought of a Rabbid Rosalina... yuck.

But hooray for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 not being delayed so far and Metroid Prime 4 existing!
Or they just have the name and with original Coca Cola that would be fine.

And why was Xenoblade Chronicles 2 always being doubt of releasing in 2017? Sure, X took a while, but they said 2 was built on the same engine as X so that's why they made the game much faster.

Edit: Oh wait, this was a post in July, man it has been a while...
Well.. it's confirmed that it's coming in December 1st, way earlier than I expected. But it's the best date for me.

Xenoblade 2 was the highlight of the bunch for me (Mario Odyssey is pretty obvious) simply because of how amazing it looks. I wouldn't hold my breath on not getting any delays because it could happen when we least expect it. Wouldn't matter to me since it can give me plenty of time to play through the original Xenoblade. I also want to play through the Metroid Prime games before the fourth comes out.
To be frank, Xeoblade 2 release date was the only thing that I wanted to know before the Direct. As a Nintendo fan I would rather hope they give us a Xenoblade direct, but as a Xenoblade fan, more Xenoblade stuff the better.
I already made my two cents in Nintenzone social thread, that's where I post stuff the most there. Or Ican just quote them here.
I don't really like Xenoblade 2's artstyle, not that it's too manga-ish, but the character design... doesn't appeal me at all. The main character seems bland and totally unattractive to me while Pyra (Pyrah? well, the fire sword) is almost naked for nothing, it serves no purpose to have her skin showed so much. It's a shame because the landscapes we've seen are beautiful and the music is too.
Yikes... I understand where you are going with this... but this isn't manga-ish at least for me.
Rex yeah, not much of a character that is appealing but... I think he is a fine character.
And Pyra if you are talking about her pants... sort of, but she is definitely not to the scale that is nearly naked.
I was on YouTube, looking for Rosalina videos I happened to stumble upon videos of Rosalina's evolution. While of course, there are the obvious inaccuracies, you can't help but wonder how much happened over the past years. It has been a decade, and this November is officially her 10th anniversary, meaning she will be 10 years old. For some reason, this feels so endearing and sentimental, almost watching a child we loved since birth we know growing up...

She hasn't changed a bit, like what Lubba said. For ten years, this particular character touched our hearts and earned the title of one of the most beloved characters of Mario. Merely a single decade, and she done so much, and that's what you call a phenomenal character. I hope she will grow up to inspire many more, and continue to be cherished.

Here's one of the evolution video I was speaking of.

And if I remember correctly, November 1 2017 marks the 10 anniversary of Rosalina's debut. So it's getting close guys.

And by the way, who wrote Rosalina Story book? It's the Director of Super Mario Galaxy and the Producer of Super Mario Odyssey Yoshiaki Koizmui who is also the General Hardware Producer of Nintendo Switch and the one who appears in Nintendo Directs. I'm pretty sure a lot of you already know this guy, but most people don't lol.
He basically is the one who made Switch possible, I remember he used to say the Switch Joy Con were initially to be design to stick to the console like a magnet, but of course it didn't work. That's why they choose the slide in option.
I love those sticker gifs, where did they come from?

Also Smash talk has been so slow lately, that I want them to announce a new Smash to get the ball rolling again.

And i mean a NEW Smash Bros game, not a port.
They are from the messaging app called LINE that is similar to Whatsapp and We Chat.
It's a Japan app so there are a couple of Nintendo theme sticks, I already bought Animal Crossing, Mario and Pokemon.
They also have Ever Oasis, Fire Emblem, more Pokemon, Mario Kart (that one), Bravely Default, and Splatoon.

If you love anime (Especially One Piece and MHA) and Nintendo games, Rogersbase is definitely a channel for you.
I love anime and Nintendo games, so I Rogersbase is one of my favorite Youtube channel.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
To be frank, Xeoblade 2 release date was the only thing that I wanted to know before the Direct. As a Nintendo fan I would rather hope they give us a Xenoblade direct, but as a Xenoblade fan, more Xenoblade stuff the better.
I already made my two cents in Nintenzone social thread, that's where I post stuff the most there. Or Ican just quote them here.
Quoting me from a post I made like 3 months ago? Aren't you a little late for that?

Well anyways, December 1st ain't that long for Xenoblade 2 to come out though. That game was once again the highlight of Wednesday's Direct for me as it looks great in my eyes. Battle system looks a bit complicated to me but I'm sure I'll learn more about it once I get the game (I probably won't get it at launch).

And isn't it too early to be judging a character especially when the game is not even out yet?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Quoting me from a post I made like 3 months ago? Aren't you a little late for that?
Yes, and no...
I just don't understand why people have the mentality of "Xenoblade 2 is likely to get delayed".... I don't recall Xenoblade series ever had a game that suddenly got delayed.

That's right, especially when it comes to Rex and Pyra, we still don't know Rex and Pyra's backstory, and why Nia and Tora joined with Rex as well. The Direct trailer did gave us more in depth on the world building though. And don't get me started on the artsyle... it's different strokes for different folks I assume. Some like it and some hate it, I understand.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
While the new Rosalina render is gorgeous , obviously , i still prefer her updated MP10 one.

Not only it has a new pose with the wand , but the color palette is more accurate to Rosalina since the hair and skin are paler.

I also feel that her face and skin tone in the new one match Peach's MP10 way too much for my taste.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
No one said it will.
I wish that was the case, according to OJ from a Youtube channel Player Essence, he thinks it's because those big Youtubers and medias that cause people to think it has the chance of being delayed simply because this game was revealed and released in 2017. Last Xenoblade game took 2 years to be released, so that's why some medias were doubt it will in 2017.

Just take this IGN article for example:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08...cles-2-is-beautiful-confusing-and-captivating

And this video:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I wish that was the case, according to OJ from a Youtube channel Player Essence, he thinks it's because those big Youtubers and medias that cause people to think it has the chance of being delayed simply because this game was revealed and released in 2017. Last Xenoblade game took 2 years to be released, so that's why some medias were doubt it will in 2017.

Just take this IGN article for example:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08...cles-2-is-beautiful-confusing-and-captivating

And this video:
Can't really listen to what folks say on the internet these days. I just let time itself decide.

Top Bottom