• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
It's a shame too, because it looks like she won't be playable from what I've seen so far, but the game is unfinished though. Maybe they'll put her in as a cameo, DLC or somehow make her an unlockable.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I honestly don't want Rosalina in the Rabbids game. I feel like they'd just do something stupid like have Rosalina be a damsel in distress where the Rabbids take over the Comet Observatory, or have her get turned into one as a boss. I'm worried the latter has happened to DK.

I want to see her in Odyssey though, since I think there is plenty of room for her to make a cameo or something. Her amiibo will be compatible at least.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Since they clearly focused on portraying Peach as being pretty much the opposite she has been in many games , i highly doubt they would do Rosalina wrong. As stated , other developers usually focus on making the characters shines , unlike Nintendos main studio.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Since they clearly focused on portraying Peach as being pretty much the opposite she has been in many games , i highly doubt they would do Rosalina wrong. As stated , other developers usually focus on making the characters shines , unlike Nintendos main studio.
Peach isn't totally different to her main game portrayal.

She's still slow and ditzy. It takes her like, 5 seconds to realise she has an arm cannon. They're doing a good job portraying her, but it's more because they are fleshing out what was already there and Peach's personality already works for this kind of game. It also helps she has the best model she's ever had.

Rosalina's personality doesn't feel as fitting. I'll hand it to them if they can make her work in a way that doesn't make me face-palm, but I'd rather see Wario and Waluigi here.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Slow and ditzy? Peach actually has above average mobility in Kingdom Battle; Mario's mobility is only average.
I meant slow mentally.

She has to think about it when she's surrounded by Rabbids with a cannon in her hand.

Just like how she had to think about it when Bowser. Jr thought she was his mom. :p

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I highly doubt they would put her as ''goofy'' or ''clumsy''. I am confident they wouldn't portray her badly if she appears.
I meant slow mentally.

She has to think about it when she's surrounded by Rabbids with a cannon in her hand.
Meh , that's just how the trailer goes. They need to put emphasis on the fact that Peach usually does not defend herself , even the other characters reacted surprised when she was able to do so.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
If Rosalina does make an appearance in the Rabbids game, they could make her one of the quiet, but badass deadly gunner who don't take **** from anyone. As for her rabbid variation, I think I could settle for a child-like, goofy persona since it would be a nice reference to her joyous side as a child. It could literally be anything, since Mario's was "macho", Peach's was the #SelfiesGirl, Luigi and Yoshi as the crazy unstable ones.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
What should we ask him? I have some ideas, though I wonder if we could ask more than once. Maybe it would be possible to ask Rosalina related questions, while still pertaining to the topic of his career and Super Mario Odyssey?

EDIT: OKAY, SO LOOK AT THIS.

Here's a good thing that came out of the AMA.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I got the biggest smile on my face when I saw this.

This needs to be a real thing next game.

Screenshot_20170618-235556.png

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Happy Father's Day!

Rosalino is the best space dad/husbando.

---------------------------------------

A couple days ago, I was play Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, I took pictures and with Rosalina's expression and placement... Let's say things were pretty interesting with the Ultra Smashes.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Happy Father's Day!

Rosalino is the best space dad/husbando.
There's a problem with his crown.

The director of Odyssey held an interview with this site and shared some info about the game, including the "possibility of multiplayer" (they're being so vague about this) and characters.

upload_2017-6-20_14-30-33.png

If he's not even sure about Luigi, I doubt we'll see more characters. He may be mentioning the characters we've already seen (Cappy, Pauline, Captain Toad), but there may be more, who knows.
They seem to be considering multiplayer option, but honestly? If it ends up being Galaxy style it'll get boring soon.

I'm still thinking Rosalina will appear somehow, there will necessarily something that'll reference her directly (her amiibos are supported after all) or she'll be an NPC... like... Galaxy 2, I guess.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There is some degree of multiplayer, as evidenced on the E3 2017 footage. One player can control Cappy, but I guess it's not like with how 3D World handled its multiplayer features.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There's a problem with his crown.

The director of Odyssey held an interview with this site and shared some info about the game, including the "possibility of multiplayer" (they're being so vague about this) and characters.

View attachment 130919

If he's not even sure about Luigi, I doubt we'll see more characters. He may be mentioning the characters we've already seen (Cappy, Pauline, Captain Toad), but there may be more, who knows.
They seem to be considering multiplayer option, but honestly? If it ends up being Galaxy style it'll get boring soon.

I'm still thinking Rosalina will appear somehow, there will necessarily something that'll reference her directly (her amiibos are supported after all) or she'll be an NPC... like... Galaxy 2, I guess.
The multiplayer has already been shown on Treehouse. Player 2 just controls Cappy, so instead of Player 1 throwing Cappy, Player 2 directs where he flies at any time and can hit enemies and grab items. So yeah, it's like Galaxy 2's Co-Star Luma except they directly control Cappy with the control stick.

As for Rosalina, I'm not expecting her to be playable, but I think she's very likely to appear, for a variety of reasons.

As for Luigi, I think they'll make him an unlockable character like in Galaxy.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I like to think that Captain Toad is somewhat tied to Rosalina since not only in the Galaxy games was she associated with the Toad Brigade (In the first one, they had their ships built in the garage of her starship), but also a different ending was considered for Captain Toad's game, involving Rosalina. Even so it didn't occur, she made minor cameo as a sprite.

EDIT: As of yesterday, I officially completed Super Mario Galaxy! (As both Mario and Luigi) Huzzah!

Last edited:

FatalitySonic2

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2278-4493-3606
Thanks to Swiftie Luma and Random Talking Bush for the voice clips, I was able to do a voice pack for Rosalina's playermodel for Garry's Mod. The voice pack uses an addon which basically let a playermodel talk with the right voice pack and the right playermodel. I've already did one but with Laura's voice clips. Here's the link of Kerri Kane's version.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=954296619

EDIT: I did the Mercedes Rose version of the pack. Here's the link:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=955371421

And for Laura Faye Smith's version, it's here:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=954314183

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nintendo and Hasbro have announced a special Mario-themed Monopoly game. While Rosalina isn't one of the player pieces that comes with it, they will be selling separate packs at $4 a piece, which come with an extra player piece and a card. Rosalina is one of the characters you can draw from the packs.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

The figures are really low quality honestly, but I'll still try to get Rosalina as part of my collection. I like the colour of the figure a lot, but it's a shame it's so blobby and lumpy looking.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Nintendo and Hasbro have announced a special Mario-themed Monopoly game. While Rosalina isn't one of the player pieces that comes with it, they will be selling separate packs at $4 a piece, which come with an extra player piece and a card. Rosalina is one of the characters you can draw from the packs.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

The figures are really low quality honestly, but I'll still try to get Rosalina as part of my collection. I like the colour of the figure a lot, but it's a shame it's so blobby and lumpy looking.
Ah thanks for sharing, I saw the info but didn't know there was a separate pack, I was a bit disappointed to know Rosalina wouldn't be part of this, it seemed weird.
And yes, the figure is not high quality but it's still nice to have Rosalina merchandise. I wouldn't be displeased to get my hand on it either...

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
She can make a new universe where there are no enemies in place, but like real life (where as God created the universe) and other universes, there has got to be a problem. No game is without sins. Or better yet, not make a universe at all.

EliTE9

Smash Rookie
I just wanted to share that I updated my Biker Rosalina mod to have smooth normal maps

EliTE9

Smash Rookie
What do you mean fix UV Map in the wrists, the hands were taken from the smash4 model and I made no changes.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Wow I feel so slow on not realizing this could be a thing.

How might star bits work in soda though? How about some other cosmic theme? Bah, I'm just rambling at this point... Just thinking about some fun summer stuff.

Anyway, Mario Odyssey looks stellar. Mayor Pauline is great. I wouldn't doubt ideas or plans to implement Rosalina in some way. In fact, I think there's room for something for the whole cast with the high emphasis on exploration.

As for Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle? Ugh. I'm sorry. The gameplay looks pretty neat and it has some good ideas, but the rabbids alone are a deal-breaker for me. I know it's cliché to call them the "minions of gaming," but they're just so annoying. And I'll never forget how they damn near killed the Rayman franchise back in the day. This is one game where I definitely do not want to have Rosalina in it. Just the thought of a Rabbid Rosalina... yuck.

But hooray for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 not being delayed so far and Metroid Prime 4 existing!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Xenoblade 2 was the highlight of the bunch for me (Mario Odyssey is pretty obvious) simply because of how amazing it looks. I wouldn't hold my breath on not getting any delays because it could happen when we least expect it. Wouldn't matter to me since it can give me plenty of time to play through the original Xenoblade. I also want to play through the Metroid Prime games before the fourth comes out.

And I'm gonna have to agree with you about the Mario + Rabbids game simply because I don't care about the Rabbids at all and having Rosalina in that **** is torture. Nintendo already butchered her enough by taking away everything that made her special in the first place and literally turned her into "Space Peach" for real (I don't give a **** what anyone says about this).

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I don't really like Xenoblade 2's artstyle, not that it's too manga-ish, but the character design... doesn't appeal me at all. The main character seems bland and totally unattractive to me while Pyra (Pyrah? well, the fire sword) is almost naked for nothing, it serves no purpose to have her skin showed so much. It's a shame because the landscapes we've seen are beautiful and the music is too.

I much prefer Metroid Prime 4 and can't wait to see it however.

Top Bottom