• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
mario123007 mario123007 Ayyy haven't seen you around these parts in a while. How have things been?
I am now studying abroad as an exchange student in the US, it has been a decade since then... it's only this time that I am in US alone. Well, I mean there is also a Hong Kong student from my University too...
I am going preorder XC special edition really soon...

Also this video share a very unpopular opinion but in a very good way. No like some Youtubers who made this kind of statement inflammatory and think it is right. This video is just a wishful thinking and he aware it is impossible for Nintendo Switch to fail and Nintendo go third party even though that is what he wanted to see.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I might get some flack for saying this, but I share many of the same sentiments as this guy. I personally don't care for portable gaming, for similar reasons he put in his previous video. I understand this entire discussion was based on subjectivity alone. That's why we all know Nintendo is just too damn prideful (and rich) to go third party. Back to the portability, the feature doesn't appeal to me because of small screen size, hard to get comfortable when not at home, worrying about battery life, and worrying about getting my device damaged and worn.

The point where he says console exclusives are dumb and frustrating is one I can get behind. Especially when it's a third party made game and you lock it to only one platform? It's just so arbitrary and anti-consumer.

Gimmicks: I also feel similarly about the direction Nintendo has been going with gimmicks. I'm seeing with a lot of their offerings post-GameCube that they are just trying all these wacky things because "muh innovation." From my perspective, I see innovative hardware being more of a hindrance than a benefit as it forces the games to be built around a specific proprietary design. Not everything needs motion controls. Just saying.

The Wii U Disaster: For a while I felt alone in how badly the Wii U burned me. It remains the main reason why I don't own a Switch. Not for financial reasons. But for ethical reasons. At this point I'm just thankful the Wii U version of Breath of the Wild didn't get cancelled. Speaking of, I think it was really scummy for them to delay and hold back the Wii U version just to use it as a brand new thing for their empty Switch line-up just to cover their backsides. Seeing that launch line-up proves that the system was rushed as hell. I understand why they did it though. It was a scheme crazy enough to effectively get people to forget it was once a Wii U exclusive and that the Wii U version is the original while the Switch version is the port. Doesn't mean it was handled in a nice way though. And yes, I bought my Wii U for Smash and got Smash, but I still feel justified in saying I'm dissatisfied with how Nintendo treated people like me as owners of their console.

From the Ashes: All I can really say is that if Nintendo games were put on other consoles, it would benefit a larger group of people. No more being tied to one brand of machines so now you can play everything. One more point I'd like to mention is with online. Nintendo should maybe start adopting more industry standards because that voice chat setup is among the most counter-intuitive. Speaking of online, I can't stand that Nintendo had the gall to start charging people just for the privilege of playing the games they purchased online. Now the PC is really the one and only platform with worthwhile online gaming experiences because these greedy companies want to dictate what their install base can do on their closed ecosystem machines. That last tangent was not Nintendo specific, but it's still upsetting to see them cave and stoop that low.

tl;dr: I just made a subjective post *****ing about the direction Nintendo has been going and giving my two cents on a controversial topic.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I will say that ports can have mixed receptions, depending on what they feature.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe may have a better Battle Mode, but it's no better than the original Mario Kart 8 when it comes to race tracks. And of course, the original Mario Kart 8 had a better stat balance for the characters.

The 3DS version of Super Mario Maker lacks the ability to upload courses online, has no amiibo support, and it's also inferior to the original Wii U version of the game when it comes to graphics.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
TheBeardedPunisher TheBeardedPunisher
I am a bit confused on why you didn't quote my video lol
So I guess there are some people who do agree with the video afterall. However, I still regard your opinion as unpopular and ... no offense... naive, but only "Nintendo should go third party" at least. Others I am ok with, but I have to give out my two cents and rebuttal. Disclaimer first, this isn't me trying to change your opinion or anything, and of course you can also feel free to give out your further opinion as well.

So here I go, Monado 斬 art activate. (You might be curious what is 斬 art , it's that art you use to do more damage)

I personally don't care for portable gaming, for similar reasons he put in his previous video. I understand this entire discussion was based on subjectivity alone. That's why we all know Nintendo is just too damn prideful (and rich) to go third party. Back to the portability, the feature doesn't appeal to me because of small screen size, hard to get comfortable when not at home, worrying about battery life, and worrying about getting my device damaged and worn.
I personally don't care for portable gaming, for similar reasons he put in his previous video. I understand this entire discussion was based on subjectivity alone.
- I personally do care for portable since I was never into mobile gaming or home console and PC gaming(Until recent year with Overwatch). Mobile games are crap and I don't have that much time or cash to play home console games. So therefore I think Switch just hits my favorite spot even more than 3DS, because I can play AAA console on the go is a great experience for me. And you are right, this is really more of subjective opinion.

That's why we all know Nintendo is just too damn prideful (and rich) to go third party.
- ... Those aren't really the main reason why most people think Nintendo won't go third party. Iwata used to say Nintendo will leave the gaming market if they stop making consoles. However, with Iwata passing away we aren't if Nintendo is still sticking to this conduct. Saying Nintendo is "Prideful" isn't suitable in my opinion, since they were usually good when it comes to making great games on their home consoles. And you might forgot that Nintendo did once tried to collaborate with Phillip and made one of the worst Mario and Legend of Zelda games ever. I know it was just a collaboration but that sort of forshadowed on what could happen if Nintendo go third party.

Back to the portability, the feature doesn't appeal to me because of small screen size, hard to get comfortable when not at home, worrying about battery life, and worrying about getting my device damaged and worn.
- Again subjective thoughts I get it. But if you are referring to the Switch then I don't understand on why Nintendo Switch's screen size if small for you when most people complain it's too big and wide? Battery life I can semi agree with it, not to mention charging the Switch takes a long time if you use regular 2.0A phone charger rather than Switch charger. Worry about getting my device damaged and worn? Hey, so do I, but that doesn't mean I won't buy those devices, hell, that's why stuffs like phone case, screen protector, Nintendo Switch case are a thing. Most of these usually cost around 20$ - 10 $ or less. Also just try to not drop your phone or your Switch. Oh yeah, I recommend you check these tow videos. Still worrying Switch get damaged and worn?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJP6gERPmMk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8QCFNAgPDo

The point where he says console exclusives are dumb and frustrating is one I can get behind. Especially when it's a third party made game and you lock it to only one platform? It's just so arbitrary and anti-consumer.
It sure is, but by looking it at a bigger scope. It is marketing and business afterall, and like what I had mention before. Nintendo usually make games better on their own platform, so is Sony and Microsoft's own IP. Or titles that were on that platform for years are reasonable. So this is why is third party should port/make games on Nintendo's platform, not Nintendo giving up their entire console market and make their games on Sony and Microsoft's consoles (I will also get to this later). The former is way less devastating to the video game industry.

Okay, turn to Mondao 破 art
Gimmicks: I also feel similarly about the direction Nintendo has been going with gimmicks. I'm seeing with a lot of their offerings post-GameCube that they are just trying all these wacky things because "muh innovation." From my perspective, I see innovative hardware being more of a hindrance than a benefit as it forces the games to be built around a specific proprietary design. Not everything needs motion controls. Just saying.
Oh boy, I feel that the term "gimmick" usually tends to be a derogatory term rather than a real statement since people use it to say Nintendo shouldn't go innovative and just make powerful consoles...
I also feel similarly about the direction Nintendo has been going with gimmicks. I'm seeing with a lot of their offerings post-GameCube that they are just trying all these wacky things because "muh innovation."
- I have to say I am not too fond with "gimmicks", but hear me out. Back in the day Nintendo were about power but also innovative.Just why is gimmick bad? For controls yes, most of the time gimmicky controls are not great, but back in the day gamers actually use large Joy stick and buttons to play games, it was Nintendo that invented the D pad and reshaped how we play. Even motion control (You got to refer to this kind of control) is still being used for VR today (Hell Nintendo still isn't going to this market, so Nintendo isn't always embrace to gimmicks), some say it died down but it isn't. Gamecube... was actually what Nintendo tried to not being gimmicky since it was just a powerful console and also has one of the best controller ever made. But it was because of Nintendo's poor decision when it comes to choosing disc size. So I feel bumped that you and most gamers these days think that gimmicks should be a thing. And again, "gimmick" is a derogatory term when it comes to innovating the game experience, it can be either bad or good.

From my perspective, I see innovative hardware being more of a hindrance than a benefit as it forces the games to be built around a specific proprietary design. Not everything needs motion controls. Just saying.
- I thought some people also say that HD rumbles are also a dumb idea and said it was gimmicky lol... I don't think it enhances game experience but I still think it's cool. Innovative hardware are good when they did right or appeal to the market. Like iPhone ten years ago (Even right now the newest iPhone has some good and bad gimmicky features) and of course, Nintendo Switch. Yes, not everything need motion controls, that's why so far the only game that fully recommends you to play with motion controls, is ARMS and that's pretty much it. Motion controls were never the main seller for Switch how it did like the Wii, and second screen feature for Wii U.You usually hear is Nintendo is a home console that you can play on the go.

The Wii U Disaster: For a while I felt alone in how badly the Wii U burned me. It remains the main reason why I don't own a Switch. Not for financial reasons. But for ethical reasons. At this point I'm just thankful the Wii U version of Breath of the Wild didn't get cancelled. Speaking of, I think it was really scummy for them to delay and hold back the Wii U version just to use it as a brand new thing for their empty Switch line-up just to cover their backsides. Seeing that launch line-up proves that the system was rushed as hell. I understand why they did it though. It was a scheme crazy enough to effectively get people to forget it was once a Wii U exclusive and that the Wii U version is the original while the Switch version is the port. Doesn't mean it was handled in a nice way though. And yes, I bought my Wii U for Smash and got Smash, but I still feel justified in saying I'm dissatisfied with how Nintendo treated people like me as owners of their console.
Perhaps this is why people think it's okay to hate/roast/body Nintendo because the Wii U was sort of an evidence that innovative hardware don't sell. However, Wii U failure led to many other reasons just besides that.

For a while I felt alone in how badly the Wii U burned me. It remains the main reason why I don't own a Switch.
- That's really a weird reason for you to NOT own a Switch... when technically Switch is often regard as what the Wii U should have been. And with how Nintendo Switch is doing nearly everything better than the Wii U, you should be buying Switch if you were burned by the Wii U... by the way why? Wii U still has good games, if you just feel bad about Wii U's sales then it's time to move on.

Not for financial reasons. But for ethical reasons.
-.... What? What does this have to do with ethical reasons?

At this point I'm just thankful the Wii U version of Breath of the Wild didn't get cancelled. Speaking of, I think it was really scummy for them to delay and hold back the Wii U version just to use it as a brand new thing for their empty Switch line-up just to cover their backsides.
- I think you have swallowed to many conspiracy juice... Botw sure was intended to be a Wii U exclusive after all. The first time they delayed was because that they weren't satisfied with how the game was at the time. Furthermore, due to Wii U's poor sales they got to delay the game one more time and announce the game will be on the NX during E3 2016, which was the ly game and it "won" E3 2016... like I said just be thankful how the game turned out and let bygones be bygones. Also for correction, you should say empty "launch" line-up. Switch literally a Zelda machine until April when Mario Kart 8 Deluxe came out.

Seeing that launch line-up proves that the system was rushed as hell. I understand why they did it though. It was a scheme crazy enough to effectively get people to forget it was once a Wii U exclusive and that the Wii U version is the original while the Switch version is the port.
-NO IT WAS NOT. Even if I cannot confirm this but neither do you. If they did they could just release it back in 2016 and not having a presentation (It has been a while that they said NX will come in 2017 March.) But by looking at the launch line up it's actually on the contrary, I think it is good from them to launch games slowly and let the gamers digest. I never worry that a console to be rushed (Which no companies do that by the way), I am more worried on the games that are rushed. Most third party launched games on the Wii U were rushed by the way, so I am glad that many third party games on the Switch are taking time to develop.
And it's really a person's own perspective when saying whether Botw on Switch is a port or not. But do not deny that it wasn't a very good port.

Doesn't mean it was handled in a nice way though. And yes, I bought my Wii U for Smash and got Smash, but I still feel justified in saying I'm dissatisfied with how Nintendo treated people like me as owners of their console.
- Yes, it was, playing Botw in handheld mode is just mindblowing... I didn't buy Wii U for Smash myself, but I do have 3DS version and I really hope Smash Switch port can come soon...
I don't get it, what do you mean? You should just feel dissatisfied when it comes to owning a Wii U, I felt pretty satisfied when owning a 3DS. So you have to be specific my friend

From the Ashes: All I can really say is that if Nintendo games were put on other consoles, it would benefit a larger group of people. No more being tied to one brand of machines so now you can play everything. One more point I'd like to mention is with online. Nintendo should maybe start adopting more industry standards because that voice chat setup is among the most counter-intuitive. Speaking of online, I can't stand that Nintendo had the gall to start charging people just for the privilege of playing the games they purchased online. Now the PC is really the one and only platform with worthwhile online gaming experiences because these greedy companies want to dictate what their install base can do on their closed ecosystem machines. That last tangent was not Nintendo specific, but it's still upsetting to see them cave and stoop that low.
All I can really say is that if Nintendo games were put on other consoles, it would benefit a larger group of people. No more being tied to one brand of machines so now you can play everything.
Other consoles like... only Xbox and Playstation... which is a really really bad thing for gamers as a whole if you look at it in a wider scope. You will never know what kind weird policy they will give to Nintendo if they make their games on those consoles. I have mentioned this before... it is better and most feasible for third party to port games to Nintendo Switch rather than Nintendo giving up every success they have right now. If third party port their games to Switch and sell well it will be a win-win for both of them. So I know it is just a wishful thought, but ... sorry, it is naive and narrow minded.

One more point I'd like to mention is with online. Nintendo should maybe start adopting more industry standards because that voice chat setup is among the most counter-intuitive. Speaking of online, I can't stand that Nintendo had the gall to start charging people just for the privilege of playing the games they purchased online.
-Yes, the voice chat app is abysmal. But it's not like it will never be fixed. If we bash this more to Nintendo they might just change that. And whoa... why is Nintendo charging people online a flag? Especially when Nintendo's is cheaper, downside though is it might be bad...
Also the video did show some skits on other Youtubers (Who are not anti Nintendo) complaining about voice chat, which is reasonable. But it's not the Achilles heel for Switch as of right now.
How the PC is really the one and only platform with worthwhile online gaming experiences because these greedy companies want to dictate what their install base can do on their closed ecosystem machines. That last tangent was not Nintendo specific, but it's still upsetting to see them cave and stoop that low.[
- The video never mentioned the PC platform by the way. Even I ask the Youtuber and he said didn't mention it because he actually didn't the the PC matters when it comes to this topic, which is pretty absurd...And I doubt Nintendo will make their games on the PC.

so... yeah... I did some rambling in there... sorry if some of those comments I made were offensive, that was never my intention. I just don't understand some of the points you made.

tl;dr Nintendo Switch is doing well and you should be happy about it. Go buy one and you won't be disappointed.
I will say that ports can have mixed receptions, depending on what they feature.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe may have a better Battle Mode, but it's no better than the original Mario Kart 8 when it comes to race tracks. And of course, the original Mario Kart 8 had a better stat balance for the characters.

The 3DS version of Super Mario Maker lacks the ability to upload courses online, has no amiibo support, and it's also inferior to the original Wii U version of the game when it comes to graphics.
Mario Kart Deluxe is basically Mario Kart 8 with all DLC, enhanced battle mode, and... Woomy.
Yes... Inkling girl is my main in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe...
I don't know much about Stat... But the roster is still a joke, especially the koopalings, Baby Rosalina and Pink Gold Peach.
Battle modes are all better in Deluxe period. The stages are better too,why did Mario Kart 8 use origin tracks?

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mario Kart Deluxe is basically Mario Kart 8 with all DLC, enhanced battle mode, and... Woomy.
Yes... Inkling girl is my main in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe...
I don't know much about Stat... But the roster is still a joke, especially the koopalings, Baby Rosalina and Pink Gold Peach.
Battle modes are all better in Deluxe period. The stages are better too,why did Mario Kart 8 use origin tracks?
Still, it doesn't necessarily mean that MK8D is completely superior to MK8 in every way. Mario Kart 8 did a better job with the stat balancing between weight classes; excluding the mini-turbo stat, all weight classes shared the exact same stat total.

In regards to roster picks, Baby Rosalina is pretty much the biggest sin. Pink Gold Peach's presence at least gives us another character who shares Metal Mario's statistics.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Still, it doesn't necessarily mean that MK8D is completely superior to MK8 in every way. Mario Kart 8 did a better job with the stat balancing between weight classes; excluding the mini-turbo stat, all weight classes shared the exact same stat total.
I didn't know they even alter the weight class, but again that's only a bit of a problem for those competitive Mario Kart 8 players. For most people, weight class don't really matter. Besides that, Mario Kario 8 Deluxe is way better than Mario Kart 8 in a a huge margin, you can't deny that. (To be fair, I am a bit annoyed with the Boo item... for some reason there is a chance that Boo will steal items from you and you will get lighting shocked or get hit by Spinny Shell.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Frankly, you at least get item spy in Mario Kart 8, and there's not as much item spam when you can only hold one item. And of course, no Boo item to steal your only means of defense.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The main reason not to buy a Switch right now is because there aren't enough exclusives out on it.

I've had mine since June and have only bought two games for it, Breath of the Wild and Sonic Mania. The former is available on Wii U anyway, and the latter is on every other current gen console. In the case of Breath of the Wild, I bought it with my Switch simply so I would have a game to play on the thing. In the case of Sonic Mania, my PS4 Collector's Edition of the game wasn't going to arrive on release day, but the Switch version launched at midnight on release day so I bought it then because I didn't want to be spoiled on stuff. The game is also well suited to playing in handheld mode so that was another reason.

Right now, the only major exclusives are 1-2 Switch, ARMS, Mario + Rabbids and Splatoon 2. Only Mario + Rabbids and Splatoon 2 are worth the price of admission. Next month is Fire Emblem Warriors and Super Mario Odyssey which is great. And then we have Xenoblade Chronicles 2 at the end of the year.

Next year should be better, it's already got a few exclusives lined up, but Nintendo's focus this year on was porting Wii U games to Switch, and getting multiplats on Switch.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Frankly, you at least get item spy in Mario Kart 8, and there's not as much item spam when you can only hold one item. And of course, no Boo item to steal your only means of defense.
I actually think two items is more better (Only if I can swap though like how you can in Double Dash...).
Nevertheless, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is better than the original in nearly every level, and last but not least I really prefer playing Mario Kart on the go so that's the main deal for me.

The main reason not to buy a Switch right now is because there aren't enough exclusives out on it.
Not enough exclusives... that you want I guess... and even though it's subjective opinion but totally makes sense. If there aren't much games on the Switch that you want, don't buy it.
I have said this many times, I am personally satisfied with the Switch game line up this year. Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe... and my own holy grail which is not Odyssey but Xenoblade Chronicles 2.
I also got Indie games like Cave Story + which was actually the first Switch game I bought and I bought physical copy. And then I download Sonic Mania, Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment, and Overcooked.

I've had mine since June and have only bought two games for it, Breath of the Wild and Sonic Mania. The former is available on Wii U anyway, and the latter is on every other current gen console. In the case of Breath of the Wild, I bought it with my Switch simply so I would have a game to play on the thing. In the case of Sonic Mania, my PS4 Collector's Edition of the game wasn't going to arrive on release day, but the Switch version launched at midnight on release day so I bought it then because I didn't want to be spoiled on stuff. The game is also well suited to playing in handheld mode so that was another reason.
You may already notice that I still haven't bought Botw, I know Botw is going to be 2017 GOTY hands down if it wasn't Odyssey. But as for my cup of tea I will pick XC2 than Botw any day. Gameplay wise I bet Botw is better, story wise obviously XC2 takes the cake.
Yeah but you seems to forget that Switch is also a portable console, sure Botw is also on the Wii U but Switch is not only slightly better but you can play it anywhere. Sonic Mania is also the same case, I already bought a Switch, even though if I do own PS4 or even a PC I might still buy the Switch version just for the sake of playing it on the go.

Right now, the only major exclusives are 1-2 Switch, ARMS, Mario + Rabbids and Splatoon 2. Only Mario + Rabbids and Splatoon 2 are worth the price of admission. Next month is Fire Emblem Warriors and Super Mario Odyssey which is great. And then we have Xenoblade Chronicles 2 at the end of the year.
Even though I was excited with ARMS I still have yet to buy it. Not even Mario + Rabbids honestly. Splatoon 2 was one of the big Switch hit and me (especially my brother) also love the first game. So I have to buy it, I also bought the Inkling Girl amiibo which the in game stock were sold out in within three days during the launch.

Oh yeah, I thought third party games are important as well even though we might not buy it.
- I do want Fifa 18 and I might buy it after XC2
- Not interested in NBA 2K 18 or WWE 2K18 though...
- Skyrim... not interested for some reason...
- LA Noire looks interesting,also on my list.
- DOOM.... yes... I will get that game when we know the release date
- Wolfenstein II the New Colossus, watch the trailer and it is awesome~.

Nintendo Switch should get the third party games that are great rather than rushed ports. Sure Skyrim LA Noire are old games... but DOOM is the mic drop to those who says Switch can't handle current gen games Which made this article look really dumb, even yes this article is 9 months old but you can see there were media press kind of underestimate Switch's power)

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I actually think two items is more better (Only if I can swap though like how you can in Double Dash...).
Nevertheless, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is better than the original in nearly every level, and last but not least I really prefer playing Mario Kart on the go so that's the main deal for me.
I guess for the most part, I just see no reason to get Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, since I already own the original Mario Kart 8. Additionally, MK8D delivered one heck of a nerf hammer to my favorite MK8 vehicle combination.

But obviously, we each have our own different opinions in regards to this matter.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not enough exclusives... that you want I guess...
No, there flat out isn't enough exclusives yet. 2017 did not have a lot of Switch exclusives, and two of them are overpriced beyond belief (1-2 Switch and ARMS - it doesn't matter how fun you think these games are, you cannot look at me with a straight face and say these are worth full price - the free Global Testpunch for ARMS had the majority of the game's base content in it).

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Breath of the Wild are not Switch exclusives. And Breath of the Wild is no better on Switch than on Wii U unless you literally only play in handheld mode (even though I got in on the Switch, it's definitely a sit at home game more than it is a play on the public bus game). The resolution is slightly different but if you're a Nintendo-only gamer and you're suddenly going to start encouraging people buy the Switch version of a game for it's better resolution, then you need to re-evaluate your train of thought because last I checked, Nintendo fanboys always say "resolution doesn't matter!!!" as a defense for Nintendo versions of games being technically inferior ports. Which is still the case with games like DOOM and Sonic Forces, they look noticeably worse on Switch than on other systems. Them being on the Switch demonstrates not that the Switch is powerful, but the technical compromises they have to make to make the game remotely functional on the system serve to demonstrate how much LESS power the system has in comparison to others, and it's why less third parties will port games to it if they want to make more ambitious projects as time goes on.

I don't really post much on this site in part because Nintendo fanboyism is unreal around this site, I just sort of check this thread to be in loop on Rosalina stuff, but if even this thread is going to have essays of Nintendo white-knighting, I may as well kill my account, lol.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I guess for the most part, I just see no reason to get Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, since I already own the original Mario Kart 8. Additionally, MK8D delivered one heck of a nerf hammer to my favorite MK8 vehicle combination.

But obviously, we each have our own different opinions in regards to this matter.
I only play a few times of the original on the Wii U with gamepad, and the screen resolution was ok but the controls tend to feel a bit bulky for me

Yeah, all in all those are all just my opinions, I am fine that you don't think MK8 Deluxe is worth buying, hope that with the next two years we can can another Mario Kart.

No, there flat out isn't enough exclusives yet. 2017 did not have a lot of Switch exclusives, and two of them are overpriced beyond belief (1-2 Switch and ARMS - it doesn't matter how fun you think these games are, you cannot look at me with a straight face and say these are worth full price - the free Global Testpunch for ARMS had the majority of the game's base content in it).
I might have not told you this before, but I did said about ARMS and I don't give a damn about 1-2 Switch (For some reason it still sells well though)
ARMS despite being overpriced I think when time goes on with new DLCs and updates I think it will be worth later time.
For me, exclusives were never my main objective, by the way there's also Splatoon 2 (Which I agree it's more like platoon 1.5) and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. 2018 we will get a new Kirby game and later date Metroid Prime 4.
I remember Wii U had 0 big exclusives until Pikmin 3 arrives... but I'm not so sure so feel free to correct that. Let's just say no one can deny Switch 2017 game line up are way stable than Wii U's.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Breath of the Wild are not Switch exclusives. And Breath of the Wild is no better on Switch than on Wii U unless you literally only play in handheld mode (even though I got in on the Switch, it's definitely a sit at home game more than it is a play on the public bus game).
I understand that you want the exclusives the most and don't care about ports. But for me and probably most people will get the best version, and like I said I haven't got Botw yet so when it comes to Botw looks no better than Wii U on Switch I can't confirm that, by looking at Digital Foundry's comparison there isn't much difference.
Well, it really comes to personal preference on using Switch at home or portable. I play Switch portable and have never put my Switch in dock.
The resolution is slightly different but if you're a Nintendo-only gamer and you're suddenly going to start encouraging people buy the Switch version of a game for it's better resolution, then you need to re-evaluate your train of thought because last I checked, Nintendo fanboys always say "resolution doesn't matter!!!" as a defense for Nintendo versions of games being technically inferior ports.
Did I (or even fanboys) ever said that? Most of them will encourage you to buy Switch version is because you can play it in TV or on the go, and of course more future titles. I acknowledge that not all people will be amazed with Switch's portability, but as for me who never own a Wii U and only a 3DS then Switch is definitely the console for those who want AAA gaming experience on the go.
Which is still the case with games like DOOM and Sonic Forces, they look noticeably worse on Switch than on other systems. Them being on the Switch demonstrates not that the Switch is powerful, but the technical compromises they have to make to make the game remotely functional on the system serve to demonstrate how much LESS power the system has in comparison to others, and it's why less third parties will port games to it if they want to make more ambitious projects as time goes on.
Better not putting out DOOM for now since the footage we get is only get is the Nintendo Direct footage. And it is not news that most third party games will look worse on Switch and that's mostly just on the graphics. Suppose DOOM does indeed look worse on Switch but manage to run 60fps it would still be mindblowing. Anyway, if you think graphics are more important then Switch is definitely not for you.
I am not sure if third parties will be bother by compromising their games in order to be on Switch. There are some companies said certain game will have "trouble" to be ported to Switch and that's understandable. Then again, we still have yet heard from major third parties say that they won't port games to Switch just for the sake of Switch not powerful. And with Bethesda having more games to the Switch it seems that third party companies are returning, so not saying you are wrong but just by looking at the third party games Switch gets it is starting to get better.
And perhaps what you should be complain are the voice chat and the system storage... the voice chat is abysmal for today's standard... now that could drive away games like Overwatch and Destiny 2 that heavily relies on voice chat. 32 GB is a problem especially when we get games like NBA 2K18 that actually requires you to buy an SD card... which is pretty ridiculous...
I don't really post much on this site in part because Nintendo fanboyism is unreal around this site, I just sort of check this thread to be in loop on Rosalina stuff, but if even this thread is going to have essays of Nintendo white-knighting, I may as well kill my account, lol.
Well... this is Smashboards that is a website for one of the best Nintendo games.
I don't what kind of user you have encountered but if you take a deep look in my posts I am not a Nintendo fanboy. Just a disclaimer I don't totally deny all of your opinions... just never take your own opinion as a fact and hoping everyone will accept it. And you just saw my criticism over Switch, and yes they got to fix it otherwise it will be a huge problem, at least that's what I think. Even so I still think Nintendo Switch is worth buying and by looking at it's sales and support, I think and I hope Nintendo Switch can continue to sell better and release more games that everyone will enjoy.
I don't know what's your definition when it comes to Nintendo white knighting, some people regard some are problems and some are not... sometime you do have to take people's opinion into consideration rather than keep thinking those who oppose your opinions are Nintendo fanboys. But I do understand opinions likes yours will tend to get bashed just because "Oh Switch is selling well" etc... and I don't like that....
I have to say this again, I just throw my own two cents on your opinions that I personally don't agree with. And then we have a civil debate, and it can go well, but if you really can't take the heat then feel free to get out of the kitchen and have your mind cool down.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I will say that the Nintendo Switch version of Breath of the Wild wins when it comes to DLC, since the Wii U version requires a lot more memory for its DLC. Outside of that though, both versions don't exactly load any faster whenever you take out a Moblin.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Breath of the Wild are not Switch exclusives. And Breath of the Wild is no better on Switch than on Wii U unless you literally only play in handheld mode (even though I got in on the Switch, it's definitely a sit at home game more than it is a play on the public bus game). The resolution is slightly different but if you're a Nintendo-only gamer and you're suddenly going to start encouraging people buy the Switch version of a game for it's better resolution, then you need to re-evaluate your train of thought because last I checked, Nintendo fanboys always say "resolution doesn't matter!!!" as a defense for Nintendo versions of games being technically inferior ports. Which is still the case with games like DOOM and Sonic Forces, they look noticeably worse on Switch than on other systems. Them being on the Switch demonstrates not that the Switch is powerful, but the technical compromises they have to make to make the game remotely functional on the system serve to demonstrate how much LESS power the system has in comparison to others, and it's why less third parties will port games to it if they want to make more ambitious projects as time goes on.
Sadly, your statement can pretty much explain why N-Sane Trilogy will likely never see a Nintendo Switch version, as its contents seem to be too high quality for the Nintendo Switch to handle.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I will say that the Nintendo Switch version of Breath of the Wild wins when it comes to DLC, since the Wii U version requires a lot more memory for its DLC. Outside of that though, both versions don't exactly load any faster whenever you take out a Moblin.

Sadly, your statement can pretty much explain why N-Sane Trilogy will likely never see a Nintendo Switch version, as its contents seem to be too high quality for the Nintendo Switch to handle.
It'd probably be technically possible to make N. Sane Trilogy work on Switch, but the problem is that, as a HD remake of an old classic, the entire point of it is to look as pretty as possible, so having a version on Switch with graphical compromises would kind of defeat the purpose of that particular game.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It'd probably be technically possible to make N. Sane Trilogy work on Switch, but the problem is that, as a HD remake of an old classic, the entire point of it is to look as pretty as possible, so having a version on Switch with graphical compromises would kind of defeat the purpose of that particular game.
Yeah that's pretty much the sad part about Nintendo consoles. They offer much more casual games, but they're just not able to compete with the PlayStation and XBOX consoles when it comes to high quality graphics.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
True, but then again Botw on Switch adds the portability, I know portable is not for everyone and there are some who prefer high quality/ 4K gameplay on the TV screen. However I just don't understand why some are not excited that we have a hybrid console that can play AAA games on the go. I also need to mention the flexibility of the controls, sure Joy Cons and Pro controllers are expensive which are also abysmal. Switch still give you options of playing on TV, with Joy Cons, or Pro controller.
I was going to say Crash Bandicoot is a PS IP since it debuted on Playstation... but I check and noticed he did have games on Nintendo consoles before. It was until Wrath of Cortex that it came to other consoles. Anyhow Crash Bandicoot has always been on every Playstation console.
And again no offense but without any sources or quote indicates that Switch can't run N Sane Trilogy I think you are talking way out of border... And since like I said Crash Bandicoot technically is a PS focus IP so even though having N Sane Trilogy on Switch would be cool, I doesn't need to come in my opinion, or anyone expects it to come.

The thing is again... the games in N Sane trilogy were never been on other consoles besides PS.
And not really since the Switch can be play on the go, I know you may be those who really cares about graphics, but suppose N Sane Trilogy do comes to Switch with hopefully minor graphical downgrades but still manage to run 60 fps, then I'm sold.
Yeah that's pretty much the sad part about Nintendo consoles. They offer much more casual games, but they're just not able to compete with the PlayStation and XBOX consoles when it comes to high quality graphics.
I think when it comes to "Nintendo consoles having casual games" is kind of a vague statement, I think only Wii is know for having many many casual games, what's worse is that it had tons of shovel ware...
N64 was the start of Nintendo losing it's crown of home consoles not because it had more casual games or weak console but it's because it uses cartridge and Square move it's FF VII development to Sony's PS... and many third parties dropped out..
GC on the other hand was powerful too, but it uses tiny CDs...
Wii U... name, gamepad, difficult to develop for, and Nintendo not supporting it well...
Hand held though, Nintendo always dominate... Gameboy nuff said, DS was because of the touch screen that lead to more gameplay experience, and it's games attract both casual and the core gamers. 3DS did had a rocky start but it still sold well because of Nintendo's IP like Pokemon, Monster Hunter, Yokai Watch and unexpectedly Fire Emblem.
And let's be real here, if we want games with high quality graphics (If you want to play PS and Xbox exclusives though then it makes sense)... why not just buy a gaming PC with a great graphics card in it?

I know I may sound a Nintendo fanboy again when saying all those crap... but to be fair I'm more of a Nintendo Switch fanboy because it's probably my most favorite Nintendo console. It will be hands down if Smash Bros arrives

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The thing is again... the games in N Sane trilogy were never been on other consoles besides PS.
And not really since the Switch can be play on the go, I know you may be those who really cares about graphics, but suppose N Sane Trilogy do comes to Switch with hopefully minor graphical downgrades but still manage to run 60 fps, then I'm sold.
In this case it's not about what you would want or prefer.

Literally, the only reason N. Sane Trilogy was made was because Crash fans wanted to see those same games rendered in the most beautiful visuals possible. The game literally exists to be a graphical showcase. For that reason, putting the game on the Switch would require nerfing the thing that justifies it's existence in the first place. It would be like porting Wii Sports to something that doesn't have motion controls.

If you only care about the gameplay, the originals still exist. Hell, the original version of Crash 2 is better than in N. Sane Trilogy.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
In this case it's not about what you would want or prefer.

Literally, the only reason N. Sane Trilogy was made was because Crash fans wanted to see those same games rendered in the most beautiful visuals possible. The game literally exists to be a graphical showcase. For that reason, putting the game on the Switch would require nerfing the thing that justifies it's existence in the first place. It would be like porting Wii Sports to something that doesn't have motion controls.

If you only care about the gameplay, the originals still exist. Hell, the original version of Crash 2 is better than in N. Sane Trilogy.
That may be the case, but I'm hoping to see any source say that N Sane Trilogy was primarily made as an beautiful HD remake. The game turned out to have positive not only just because of graphics but also the gameplay. This also reminds me that there are also many other good games on previous PS consoles either on PS store or also remaster... or remasters that are from games that are literally only a year old but only with a new coat of paint...
If it's basically for the old Crash fans then I don't see the need of N Sane Trilogy coming to Switch since Crash is a PS originated series. Unless there are some Crash fans do want to play the game on the go.

I would want an indie game called Skullgirls (2nd Encore of course) to be ported to Switch... I have mention this a lot of times not only because I want it on Nintendo console, it is also feasible.
- Skullgirls is literally on every platform and 7&8 gen consoles minus Nintendo's console.
- Labzero said that the reason why they didn't port the game to Wii U was because of its lack of sales, 3DS on the other hand was almost impossible to port.
- Saying Nintendo Switch doesn't have much exclusives, it doesn't have that much fighting game honestly... USF II The Final Challengers is a very old port. ARMS a lot complained about its motion controls, and there's Pokken... and one indie fighting game that I forgot about the name... and the rest are just Neogeo games.
- Indivisible is coming to Switch, hope while they are developing the game they can port the game sometime before or after its release.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
When talking about cutscenes alone, the remake did cut out some of the cutscenes from the original game; one of which includes when Cortex notifies Crash that certain enemies will try to stop him as he travels to the next warp room. But having access to Coco can be a plus for some people.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
When talking about cutscenes alone, the remake did cut out some of the cutscenes from the original game; one of which includes when Cortex notifies Crash that certain enemies will try to stop him as he travels to the next warp room. But having access to Coco can be a plus for some people.
I was talking about the gameplay.

N. Sane Trilogy changes the hitboxes and physics of the games to be more like Crash 3, which sometimes has negative side effects in Crash 1 and 2, making some jumps way more difficult than they need to be.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I will just leave this post here that I posted before...
IT'S FRICKEN WRAP!!!
http://www.nintendo.tw/pressrelease/switch_20170920.html

Taiwan's Nintendo Switch will have that icon on the top right.

Nintendo Switch is going to be officially released in Taiwan on December 1st! Same day as the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 release date!!!
Please know that Nintendo in Taiwan is run by Nintendo of Hong Kong since 2014, since Hong Kong was released back in March, many Taiwanese gamers including me expected it will come when we saw they trademarked the title in our country. But I didn't really expect to be this soon.

I know some people might be smart to know that didn't a lot of Taiwan gamers buy the Hong Kong or Japan imports? Well, for those who still can't find a Switch they are very very lucky because Taiwan Switch is way cheaper than imports. Japanese Switch tend to be around 11,000 to 14,000 NT$. Taiwan Nintendo Switch is 9,780 NT$ on the website for now!

So basically this will be suppose Nintendo Switch launches in the winter like how some people like Gnoggin hopes.
Here are the launch titles:
Super Mario Odyssey- supports Traditional Chinese
Splatoon 2 - Japanese, sadly...
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - unknown, surprisingly
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - supports Traditional Chinese
Fire Emblem Warriors - supports Traditional Chinese

Oddly enough... no Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

FYI Consoles that Taiwan have official import were: GBA, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DS Lite, Wii, Nintedo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL

Wii U never had official import, neither did the New 3DS, New 3DS XL, 2DS, and New 2DS XL.

This can mean three things:
Nintendo Switch is indeed a very popular console
Nintendo Switch is gonna get more stock hands down.
Those who have trouble buying Nintendo Switch, go ahead and try to import a Taiwan Switch since obviously Taiwan Switch doesn't have region lock as well.
This means Nintendo Switch could have the chance of selling close to the Wii. Nearly all consoles that have Taiwan have official support went on and sold over 100 million units. Having Switch available in another region is always a good thing even though Taiwan home console market is literally dominated by Sony. Except 3DS where there was region lock and the line up of games on the Taiwan 3DS were utter crap. And it wasn't that cheaper than Japan imports.

But what makes Taiwan gamers mad is probably... it doesn't have Chinese built in the system...

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I was talking about the gameplay.

N. Sane Trilogy changes the hitboxes and physics of the games to be more like Crash 3, which sometimes has negative side effects in Crash 1 and 2, making some jumps way more difficult than they need to be.
At least the boulder chase levels are less difficult in the first Crash Bandicoot game. The chase levels in the original game can be on the infuriating side, as Crash apparently moves slower than normal.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
TheBeardedPunisher TheBeardedPunisher
I am a bit confused on why you didn't quote my video lol
So I guess there are some people who do agree with the video afterall. However, I still regard your opinion as unpopular and ... no offense... naive, but only "Nintendo should go third party" at least. Others I am ok with, but I have to give out my two cents and rebuttal. Disclaimer first, this isn't me trying to change your opinion or anything, and of course you can also feel free to give out your further opinion as well.

So here I go, Monado 斬 art activate. (You might be curious what is 斬 art , it's that art you use to do more damage)

- I personally do care for portable since I was never into mobile gaming or home console and PC gaming(Until recent year with Overwatch). Mobile games are crap and I don't have that much time or cash to play home console games. So therefore I think Switch just hits my favorite spot even more than 3DS, because I can play AAA console on the go is a great experience for me. And you are right, this is really more of subjective opinion.

- ... Those aren't really the main reason why most people think Nintendo won't go third party. Iwata used to say Nintendo will leave the gaming market if they stop making consoles. However, with Iwata passing away we aren't if Nintendo is still sticking to this conduct. Saying Nintendo is "Prideful" isn't suitable in my opinion, since they were usually good when it comes to making great games on their home consoles. And you might forgot that Nintendo did once tried to collaborate with Phillip and made one of the worst Mario and Legend of Zelda games ever. I know it was just a collaboration but that sort of forshadowed on what could happen if Nintendo go third party.

- Again subjective thoughts I get it. But if you are referring to the Switch then I don't understand on why Nintendo Switch's screen size if small for you when most people complain it's too big and wide? Battery life I can semi agree with it, not to mention charging the Switch takes a long time if you use regular 2.0A phone charger rather than Switch charger. Worry about getting my device damaged and worn? Hey, so do I, but that doesn't mean I won't buy those devices, hell, that's why stuffs like phone case, screen protector, Nintendo Switch case are a thing. Most of these usually cost around 20$ - 10 $ or less. Also just try to not drop your phone or your Switch. Oh yeah, I recommend you check these tow videos. Still worrying Switch get damaged and worn?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJP6gERPmMk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8QCFNAgPDo
Unpopular opinions are unpopular. And perhaps I did sprinkle a bit too much naivety in there.

To add to the first points, I do still value portability in gaming, just not nearly as much as I enjoy gaming on the big screen. I've also kinda spoiled myself with my laptop so I won't be as satisfied with screen sizes under 15-18 inches when I actually am out and about. The form factor of my laptop helps make me less worried about it getting lost or thrown around as easily. If I owned a Switch, I'd likely keep it docked at least 99.9% of the time anyway especially knowing it's far more fragile than my laptop even with screen protectors and cases.

By prideful I was referring to their hardware more so in this scenario. But there were software related cases in which Nintendo's pride ended up doing damage to themselves or other developers (hint: my current profile picture has some relation to the latter). Plus saying "We'd rather go out of business entirely than even consider putting our games on other platforms" sounds like the epitome of pride to me. Not all these particular quotes hold their weight forever. Like when Iwata said that if they were to start making ****ty mobile games, Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo. I'm not putting any blame towards Iwata for these statements, it's just that philosophies of companies change all the time. As for the Phillips case, that wasn't a thorough representation of a third party Nintendo. All those titles were outsourced and rushed as part of an agreement they thought would be better than when they originally partnered with Sony, who initially wanted more share with their properties.

Nintendo has been all about keeping all their belongings to themselves so dearly and if anyone wanted involvement with Nintendo hardware (game development or otherwise), it was always Nintendo's way or the highway.

Oh boy, I feel that the term "gimmick" usually tends to be a derogatory term rather than a real statement since people use it to say Nintendo shouldn't go innovative and just make powerful consoles...

- I have to say I am not too fond with "gimmicks", but hear me out. Back in the day Nintendo were about power but also innovative.Just why is gimmick bad? For controls yes, most of the time gimmicky controls are not great, but back in the day gamers actually use large Joy stick and buttons to play games, it was Nintendo that invented the D pad and reshaped how we play. Even motion control (You got to refer to this kind of control) is still being used for VR today (Hell Nintendo still isn't going to this market, so Nintendo isn't always embrace to gimmicks), some say it died down but it isn't. Gamecube... was actually what Nintendo tried to not being gimmicky since it was just a powerful console and also has one of the best controller ever made. But it was because of Nintendo's poor decision when it comes to choosing disc size. So I feel bumped that you and most gamers these days think that gimmicks should be a thing. And again, "gimmick" is a derogatory term when it comes to innovating the game experience, it can be either bad or good.

- I thought some people also say that HD rumbles are also a dumb idea and said it was gimmicky lol... I don't think it enhances game experience but I still think it's cool. Innovative hardware are good when they did right or appeal to the market. Like iPhone ten years ago (Even right now the newest iPhone has some good and bad gimmicky features) and of course, Nintendo Switch. Yes, not everything need motion controls, that's why so far the only game that fully recommends you to play with motion controls, is ARMS and that's pretty much it. Motion controls were never the main seller for Switch how it did like the Wii, and second screen feature for Wii U.You usually hear is Nintendo is a home console that you can play on the go.
My stance on gimmicks is they're not inherently bad to implement. But what I don't like is when the gimmicks are the focus first, with capable hardware and industry standard features being relegated to the back burner. Though I do grow a bit wary when things like VR get introduced in other places as that technology is still well in its infancy. And Nintendo did not invent the D-pad. They helped further innovate it in a practical way to make it more precise and ergonomic. Lockstin made a couple videos detailing Nintendo's inventions and non-inventions.
Perhaps this is why people think it's okay to hate/roast/body Nintendo because the Wii U was sort of an evidence that innovative hardware don't sell. However, Wii U failure led to many other reasons just besides that.
I don't like when the term "Nintendo hater" gets thrown around all the time. Generally speaking, I often see the definition stretched to extremes where people get called haters for the most constructive of criticisms.
- That's really a weird reason for you to NOT own a Switch... when technically Switch is often regard as what the Wii U should have been. And with how Nintendo Switch is doing nearly everything better than the Wii U, you should be buying Switch if you were burned by the Wii U... by the way why? Wii U still has good games, if you just feel bad about Wii U's sales then it's time to move on.

-.... What? What does this have to do with ethical reasons?
It's all about trust. I trusted them to deliver what was promised at the time I was actively supporting them. They continued to let me down over and over again. Constant droughts, no third party support, lackluster online, lack of features, discontinued services, cancelled games, etc. I'm not falling for that trap again. So what if the Switch is performing well so far? Saying that the Switch is everything the Wii U should've been is no excuse for the train wreck that was the less than four years the Wii U was on the market. Also with them telling me if I want to play any more games beyond Zelda, I have to buy a new expensive console. So why again should I buy a product by the same manufacturer who just screwed me over last time? After buying my Wii U, I wanted to squeeze out as much potential as I possibly could out of it. But that was being held back by Nintendo's incompetence and abrupt abandonment of the platform.

I hope this at least clears things up a bit more on the issues I have with Nintendo's ethics. That's not even including the paid online, voice chat nightmare,terrible handling of supply, amiibo locked DLC, season passes, and the sort. I'm not saying they're evil like Konami or Warner Brothers Interactive, but they're far from being saints.

- I think you have swallowed to many conspiracy juice... Botw sure was intended to be a Wii U exclusive after all. The first time they delayed was because that they weren't satisfied with how the game was at the time. Furthermore, due to Wii U's poor sales they got to delay the game one more time and announce the game will be on the NX during E3 2016, which was the ly game and it "won" E3 2016... like I said just be thankful how the game turned out and let bygones be bygones. Also for correction, you should say empty "launch" line-up. Switch literally a Zelda machine until April when Mario Kart 8 Deluxe came out.
1. With all the nonsense going on, can you really blame me for feeling paranoid at the time? The Wii U version of Zelda's coverage vanished the instant the Switch was made known.
2. I'm of the opinion that it's impossible that a multi-billion dollar corporation can possibly "win" E3 with ONE game. If E3 was a race to see who won, Nintendo would've been disqualified immediately in 2016's E3. I personally felt their 2016 E3 was ten times worse than their 2015 E3.
3. "Just be thankful." No offense, but I am sick and tired of people pulling the "just be thankful" card whenever Nintendo does something not everyone's so crazy about. There are simply not enough people out there who call Nintendo out on their bull**** and help keep them in check. If we were all just grateful of everything these companies gave us instead of demanding better, they would not only stagnate, but provide worse products and pull more anti-consumer practices because they know their customers will just eat it up.

-NO IT WAS NOT. Even if I cannot confirm this but neither do you. If they did they could just release it back in 2016 and not having a presentation (It has been a while that they said NX will come in 2017 March.) But by looking at the launch line up it's actually on the contrary, I think it is good from them to launch games slowly and let the gamers digest. I never worry that a console to be rushed (Which no companies do that by the way), I am more worried on the games that are rushed. Most third party launched games on the Wii U were rushed by the way, so I am glad that many third party games on the Switch are taking time to develop.
And it's really a person's own perspective when saying whether Botw on Switch is a port or not. But do not deny that it wasn't a very good port.
I'd argue that the first couple batches of launch units were slightly indicative of a rush job to some degree. And fine, maybe a launch line-up does not require 50+ titles to be passable. But at the very least it should have more variety and options. So right from the get-go it was stigmatized as being a Zelda machine. Why do I believe the Switch was rushed anyway? Simple. Nintendo was in a tough spot and wanted to take the Wii U out of the picture as quickly as possible to help the public forget. They discontinued the Wii U early November, recalled all remaining unsold units, and destroyed/recycled them for Switch parts. This setup while having the former Wii U exclusive Zelda be this new machine's killer app. PR manipulation at its finest.
- Yes, it was, playing Botw in handheld mode is just mindblowing... I didn't buy Wii U for Smash myself, but I do have 3DS version and I really hope Smash Switch port can come soon...
I don't get it, what do you mean? You should just feel dissatisfied when it comes to owning a Wii U, I felt pretty satisfied when owning a 3DS. So you have to be specific my friend
I mean I don't feel like I got my money's worth compared to competitors for similarly priced machines only for the manufacturer to stab Wii U owners in the back. I took 3DS out of the equation earlier. But now that you mention it, their support for the two platforms were so severely imbalanced. Like 90% support and resources went into the 3DS in the later years compared to the Wii U which needed all the support it could get. But nope. We were just left hanging there.
Other consoles like... only Xbox and Playstation... which is a really really bad thing for gamers as a whole if you look at it in a wider scope. You will never know what kind weird policy they will give to Nintendo if they make their games on those consoles. I have mentioned this before... it is better and most feasible for third party to port games to Nintendo Switch rather than Nintendo giving up every success they have right now. If third party port their games to Switch and sell well it will be a win-win for both of them. So I know it is just a wishful thought, but ... sorry, it is naive and narrow minded.

-Yes, the voice chat app is abysmal. But it's not like it will never be fixed. If we bash this more to Nintendo they might just change that. And whoa... why is Nintendo charging people online a flag? Especially when Nintendo's is cheaper, downside though is it might be bad...
Also the video did show some skits on other Youtubers (Who are not anti Nintendo) complaining about voice chat, which is reasonable. But it's not the Achilles heel for Switch as of right now.

- The video never mentioned the PC platform by the way. Even I ask the Youtuber and he said didn't mention it because he actually didn't the the PC matters when it comes to this topic, which is pretty absurd...And I doubt Nintendo will make their games on the PC.

so... yeah... I did some rambling in there... sorry if some of those comments I made were offensive, that was never my intention. I just don't understand some of the points you made.

tl;dr Nintendo Switch is doing well and you should be happy about it. Go buy one and you won't be disappointed.
By other consoles I should've specified consoles and PC. I know that consoles have their own closed ecosystem and the console manufacturers want to dictate everything that goes on in their product. But if the games were on everything including PC, so they can benefit off of at least one open ecosystem.

Last topic I'll cover is regarding online. Yes, even if Nintendo charged $0.01 a year for online play, it would still be bull****. I don't care if Nintendo's subscription service is cheaper. It's the principle I have an issue with that all 3 console manufacturers are charging people just to play online. Paid online to access multiplayer in games is a scam and should not be tolerated.
Sorry for that lengthy rebuttal. I just wanted to convey my thoughts in the best way I know how. I don't hate the Nintendo Switch. I hope that you and all other Switch owners get the best possible experiences with it that you can and take those experiences as far as you can possibly go. This whole conversation stemmed off of a controversial topic so it was bound to spread even more controversy. Best to find a better topic sooner rather than later. So here's hoping the Switch gets more Rosalina.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
To add to the first points, I do still value portability in gaming, just not nearly as much as I enjoy gaming on the big screen. I've also kinda spoiled myself with my laptop so I won't be as satisfied with screen sizes under 15-18 inches when I actually am out and about. The form factor of my laptop helps make me less worried about it getting lost or thrown around as easily. If I owned a Switch, I'd likely keep it docked at least 99.9% of the time anyway especially knowing it's far more fragile than my laptop even with screen protectors and cases.
Actually from my experience, putting it in case is way more safe than putting it in dock, also even though it is not yet confirmed but if you play your Switch in dock and if the dock is in a small room that can't reduces heat, then your Switch might get warped.
And have you watch the video? Just asking, it shows how strong the Switch is compare to other devices. Sorry for playing devils advocate here, then I guess you don't even take smartphone out because it is small and easily get lost as well, even more than Switch? I know I might sound rude but that's who I feel when it comes to your way handling devices.

By prideful I was referring to their hardware more so in this scenario. But there were software related cases in which Nintendo's pride ended up doing damage to themselves or other developers (hint: my current profile picture has some relation to the latter). Plus saying "We'd rather go out of business entirely than even consider putting our games on other platforms" sounds like the epitome of pride to me. Not all these particular quotes hold their weight forever.
You can't blame them too much when Nintendo has always been relevant in the gaming industry. I also don't know the crocodile on your profile pic sorry...
And that's now what Iwata meant, he just thinks Nintendo has no worth of staying in gaming market if they stop making consoles. Nintendo could just go with other stuff besides gaming and won't go out of business (I know this may sound rude... but this clearly means you don't know how big Nintendo is compare to other game companies)

Nintendo has been all about keeping all their belongings to themselves so dearly and if anyone wanted involvement with Nintendo hardware (game development or otherwise), it was always Nintendo's way or the highway.
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, and Samus Return are the proof that one, third parties listen to what Nintendo want the game to be tend to make good quality games, second is small studio will learn a lot from developing games for Nintendo.
Sure, Nintendo likes to take down fan games but that's a whole other issue to talk about in my opinion.
My stance on gimmicks is they're not inherently bad to implement. But what I don't like is when the gimmicks are the focus first, with capable hardware and industry standard features being relegated to the back burner. Though I do grow a bit wary when things like VR get introduced in other places as that technology is still well in its infancy. And Nintendo did not invent the D-pad. They helped further innovate it in a practical way to make it more precise and ergonomic. Lockstin made a couple videos detailing Nintendo's inventions and non-inventions.
I am not sure if Nintendo invent the rumble and joy stick, but they were also the first company to use that feature. And you can't deny that Nintendo popularized the D pad.
Again Switch was never focus on gimmicks first, they said Nintendo is a home console you can play on the go and then explain some additional features. Simple to say, if you don't like playing home console games on the go then of course Switch isn't for you.
I don't like when the term "Nintendo hater" gets thrown around all the time. Generally speaking, I often see the definition stretched to extremes where people get called haters for the most constructive of criticisms.
Nobody likes the term "fanboy" either... and I didn't say you are Nintendo hater. Sorry if that you misunderstood my message, I was saying a lot of people tend to us Wii U is the ammo for bashing Nintendo... like that video...

t's all about trust. I trusted them to deliver what was promised at the time I was actively supporting them. They continued to let me down over and over again. Constant droughts, no third party support, lackluster online, lack of features, discontinued services, cancelled games, etc. I'm not falling for that trap again. So what if the Switch is performing well so far?
Yeah, Wii U was a hard time to be a Nintendo fan... but that doesn't mean me myself starting to hate Nintendo. Especially when they were still rolling with 3DS (Like I said, I didn't even own a Wii U since I prefer handheld). And hey, droughts, no third parties were a thing on the Wii U, but don't deny it doesn't have good games.
- Super Mario 3D World
- Pikmin 4
- Mario Kart 8
- Super Smash Bros for Wii U
- Bayonetta 1 & 2
- Splatoon
- Xenoblade Chronicles X
As for cancel games I am not sure if there were any huge games that were cancelled... please help me out here.
Online wasn't lackluster but it was terrible, but it was still free though.
Discontinued services... because most were rarely used and the recent is because Wii U is discontinued, so it is very sad but not a surprise they end Miiverse.

And last but not least, Switch IS performing well so far games and sales wise. And I don't know why it is a trap when apparently Switch is doing almost everything better than what the Wii U was doing.
Saying that the Switch is everything the Wii U should've been is no excuse for the train wreck that was the less than four years the Wii U was on the market. Also with them telling me if I want to play any more games beyond Zelda, I have to buy a new expensive console. So why again should I buy a product by the same manufacturer who just screwed me over last time? After buying my Wii U, I wanted to squeeze out as much potential as I possibly could out of it. But that was being held back by Nintendo's incompetence and abrupt abandonment of the platform.
- Yes, and it's $299, same price as the Wii U when launched. So to be fair it isn't that expensive unless you want to compare it to Xbox One and PS4 models that are also over 4 years old.
- Well... that's really your choice, if you feel like you get screwed by Nintendo and want to stop buying their console is an open option. We are both in freedom countries afterall(I think...)
Just curious, was there any game that you wish for but didn't make it to Wii U? Or you were just being bumped because Wii U's lack of sales?
- I didn't own a Wii U myself but I had alot of fun on my brother's Wii U when play Smash 4. So basically it was mostly a Smash Bros machine and I am fine with that.

I hope this at least clears things up a bit more on the issues I have with Nintendo's ethics. That's not even including the paid online, voice chat nightmare,terrible handling of supply, amiibo locked DLC, season passes, and the sort. I'm not saying they're evil like Konami or Warner Brothers Interactive, but they're far from being saints.
Paid online- again... WHY IS THIS A FLAG? Especially when Sony and Microsoft are doing it too, sure I was upset too, and right now it doesn't look good. But they at least delayed it, and the price are way cheaper.
Voice chat nightmare - I already agree with you on this and they got to fix it, but right now unless you are playing Splatoon 2 (Which I do have this game by the way), voice chat isn't a big deal for now.
amiibo locked DLC - amiibos that are awesome, and DLCs are optional... which mean you aren't force to get one...

tl;dr... no companies are saint my friend. Not just Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft, they are just companies... and hell it's perhaps Nintendo is the only companies that cares about innovative in gaming. Sure I have make this disclaimer before you are thinking I am a fanboy, that I acknowledge Nintendo has done a lot of crap over the years and I want them to do things innovative but also stick to the industry standards.

1. With all the nonsense going on, can you really blame me for feeling paranoid at the time? The Wii U version of Zelda's coverage vanished the instant the Switch was made known.
2. I'm of the opinion that it's impossible that a multi-billion dollar corporation can possibly "win" E3 with ONE game. If E3 was a race to see who won, Nintendo would've been disqualified immediately in 2016's E3. I personally felt their 2016 E3 was ten times worse than their 2015 E3.
3. "Just be thankful." No offense, but I am sick and tired of people pulling the "just be thankful" card whenever Nintendo does something not everyone's so crazy about. There are simply not enough people out there who call Nintendo out on their bull**** and help keep them in check. If we were all just grateful of everything these companies gave us instead of demanding better, they would not only stagnate, but provide worse products and pull more anti-consumer practices because they know their customers will just eat it up
1. Of course, because eveyone cared more about Switch, and was debating whether it will be a launch title or not. You should be at least glad that Zelda was the Switch launch title. Oh yeah, if you check my recent post, Taiwan's launch game has Odyssey but no Zelda...
2. To be frank, I didn't even give a crap about Nintendo's E3, but it was the medias that all said Nintendo won E3 2016 because it won all of the E3 awards. So base on the rules, they won, but for fans hell no they didn't. E3 2017, even though I personally give it a C- but hey, Xenoblade 2 is enough for me, also Metroid Prime 4 was a mic drop.
3. We all did back in the Wii U days, the release and performance of Nintendo Switch proves that Nintendo is fixing their bullcrap, not all of them but most of those important ones. Nintendo Switch, again, is the good product from Nintendo so Idon't see how your later statement doesn't makes sense. (Worse products, anti-consumer practices... really?). Nintendo Switch is a solid product, and they get rid of region lock for the first time on a home console which was THE worst anti-consumer practices from Nintendo.

I'd argue that the first couple batches of launch units were slightly indicative of a rush job to some degree. And fine, maybe a launch line-up does not require 50+ titles to be passable. But at the very least it should have more variety and options. So right from the get-go it was stigmatized as being a Zelda machine. Why do I believe the Switch was rushed anyway? Simple. Nintendo was in a tough spot and wanted to take the Wii U out of the picture as quickly as possible to help the public forget. They discontinued the Wii U early November, recalled all remaining unsold units, and destroyed/recycled them for Switch parts. This setup while having the former Wii U exclusive Zelda be this new machine's killer app. PR manipulation at its finest.
Did you check the post I made about Taiwan is going to have Switch? I think you will be satisfied on Taiwan's Switch launch lineup. Hell, this is how is like if Nintendo follows Lockstin that let Switch delayed and launch in the holiday. The line up is way better than March launch, and it even doesn't have Zelda!
Again, your latter statement say that Switch was rushed, and discontinued Wii U on November 2016 (It's actually January 2017 by the way )
So... any proof that they recycled Wii U for Switch parts? Again sorry if I am sounding like a basher but you clearly don't understand how console manufacture works... hell, even I don'tknow actually do I won't say stuff like "Oh they probably just recycle Wii U gamepad's screen for Switch" that's from a real quote from a big and idiotic Youtuber that I'm not gonna call his name...

I mean I don't feel like I got my money's worth compared to competitors for similarly priced machines only for the manufacturer to stab Wii U owners in the back. I took 3DS out of the equation earlier. But now that you mention it, their support for the two platforms were so severely imbalanced. Like 90% support and resources went into the 3DS in the later years compared to the Wii U which needed all the support it could get. But nope. We were just left hanging there.
Wii U most were lacking but again, Smash, Mario Kart 8, and Splatoon were the games that me and my brothers needed.

With Switch and Nintendo merging their home and handheld consoles development team, you don't need to worry about that anymore

By other consoles I should've specified consoles and PC. I know that consoles have their own closed ecosystem and the console manufacturers want to dictate everything that goes on in their product. But if the games were on everything including PC, so they can benefit off of at least one open ecosystem.

Last topic I'll cover is regarding online. Yes, even if Nintendo charged $0.01 a year for online play, it would still be bull****. I don't care if Nintendo's subscription service is cheaper. It's the principle I have an issue with that all 3 console manufacturers are charging people just to play online. Paid online to access multiplayer in games is a scam and should not be tolerated.
Yeah,so that's why I personally think owning Switch and PC is the best. PC has most of the games and Switch has the on the go, my favorite IP and exclusives.

I have mentioned this before... but... if you are really bothered by this then don't play online, simple.

Last but not least, I am not the only one (Or even the minority) who give Nintendo a thumbs up this time:

Will I still give Nintendo a flag for not doing things right? Of course! Right now even if they are doing great, I will still observe carefully and judge them out.

Edit: Also speaking of Rosaliina, the General Prodect Manager of Nintendo Switch is Koizumi, the Director of Super Mario Galaxy.
So you're telling me that you feel discomfort the console that is being in charged by the one who created Rosalina and her back story? Just saying.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Edit: Also speaking of Rosaliina, the General Prodect Manager of Nintendo Switch is Koizumi, the Director of Super Mario Galaxy.
So you're telling me that you feel discomfort the console that is being in charged by the one who created Rosalina and her back story? Just saying.
Now you're just trying way too hard to white knight the Switch.

Like, not to say every mishap the Switch makes or the things I disagree with should all be blamed on Koizumi, because him being General Project Manager doesn't necessarily mean he makes every decision.

But even if he DID make every decision, him having created one of my favourite characters has literally nothing to do with anything. The worst thing you can be in life is a mindless sheep who accepts everything handed to you by someone just because they made something you happen to really like or appreciate. Judge things on a case by case basis.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Now you're just trying way too hard to white knight the Switch.
This is not white knight when the Switch is selling well. Wait,check the term "white knight":
Internet standpoint:
“White Knight” (also known as “Internet White Knight”) is a pejorative term used to describe men who defend women on the Internet with the assumption that they are looking for a romantic reward in return.
Hm... that's not right... I might be defending a video game console but that's still not it. I don't want any romantic reward anyway. I was just giving out my rebuttal which is a normal thing to do when you disagree with someone's opinions
Business standpoint:
In business, a white knight is a friendly investor that acquires a corporation at a fair consideration with the support from the corporation's board of directors and management.
Nope...

Please use the term with care next time. Especially if you look closely I do admit some bad sides of Nintendo Switch. I have never glorify the console, I was just try to say the state of Nintendo is in a good shape. Of course things can go bad if they still don't fix those problems we are concerning about. However, just because Nintendo not doing things you wish doesn't mean you should be cynical on the company (If I misuse the the word "cynical" please correct me)
Like, not to say every mishap the Switch makes or the things I disagree with should all be blamed on Koizumi, because him being General Project Manager doesn't necessarily mean he makes every decision
Yes, those mishap got to be fixed until it becomes a big deal.
However, it is kind of vague to imply "every mishap" when you don't point out which. Let me help you out:
- Voice chat is super super garbage.
- The app is also garbage
- Storage can be a problem when more and more games with huge file

Here are things that are getting better but still need to wait and see:
- The power of Nintendo Switch, will it continue to receive more third party titles?
- Will Nintendo continue to push out exclusives in 2018?
- If Sony does release a Switch-like console? Will the Switch affect by it?

ut even if he DID make every decision, him having created one of my favourite characters has literally nothing to do with anything. The worst thing you can be in life is a mindless sheep who accepts everything handed to you by someone just because they made something you happen to really like or appreciate. Judge things on a case by case basis.
Well, judging by your quote saying I'm like a "mindless sheep" means that you didn't read my entire post. And you saw the quote above, I know the things Nintendo Switch still lacks and sucks at, and... the only that we gamers can do is judge and then critique in a neutral mindset. Not being a fanboy and also not being too cynical. As of right now, with my neutral mindset Nintendo Switch's positive out weighs to negatives. If there are any thing that bugs me I will complain as well (Like to fricken stupid voice chat!)

Also I don't know if you check the videos I post, Haedox was admitted he wrong, I actually won't laugh at him of course, in fact his video saying Switch will fail I actually kind of agree with it back in the day. He's not being cynical or anything he was just being honest and not only that, he is willing to admit that he's wrong. Unlike SuperMetalDave64 who was a Youtuber that I like but his recent way of saying Sony got something big and tried to predict, and when he's wrong he will say it's the viewer's fault and think we are like idiots...
Like... this one... it go tons of dislikes... he think he apologized but he actually didn't. He still thinks Sony will release a Switch-like console. To be fair, I do believe Sony will release a hybrid someday and I'm looking forward to it. But taht doesn't mean he is right. I just dislike these kind of person. SMD though I'm very very disappointed.

Edit: I know my last edit quote is a bit misleading, but I can't believe you actually just specifically respond to that statement and ignore all the videos and posts I made... not saying that you can't respond to that quote by the way, just feel like you are dodging my rebuttal.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is not white knight when the Switch is selling well. Wait,check the term "white knight":
Internet standpoint:

Hm... that's not right... I might be defending a video game console but that's still not it. I don't want any romantic reward anyway. I was just giving out my rebuttal which is a normal thing to do when you disagree with someone's opinions
Business standpoint:

Nope...

Please use the term with care next time. Especially if you look closely I do admit some bad sides of Nintendo Switch. I have never glorify the console, I was just try to say the state of Nintendo is in a good shape. Of course things can go bad if they still don't fix those problems we are concerning about. However, just because Nintendo not doing things you wish doesn't mean you should be cynical on the company (If I misuse the the word "cynical" please correct me)

Yes, those mishap got to be fixed until it becomes a big deal.
However, it is kind of vague to imply "every mishap" when you don't point out which. Let me help you out:
- Voice chat is super super garbage.
- The app is also garbage
- Storage can be a problem when more and more games with huge file

Here are things that are getting better but still need to wait and see:
- The power of Nintendo Switch, will it continue to receive more third party titles?
- Will Nintendo continue to push out exclusives in 2018?
- If Sony does release a Switch-like console? Will the Switch affect by it?

Well, judging by your quote saying I'm like a "mindless sheep" means that you didn't read my entire post. And you saw the quote above, I know the things Nintendo Switch still lacks and sucks at, and... the only that we gamers can do is judge and then critique in a neutral mindset. Not being a fanboy and also not being too cynical. As of right now, with my neutral mindset Nintendo Switch's positive out weighs to negatives. If there are any thing that bugs me I will complain as well (Like to fricken stupid voice chat!)

Also I don't know if you check the videos I post, Haedox was admitted he wrong, I actually won't laugh at him of course, in fact his video saying Switch will fail I actually kind of agree with it back in the day. He's not being cynical or anything he was just being honest and not only that, he is willing to admit that he's wrong. Unlike SuperMetalDave64 who was a Youtuber that I like but his recent way of saying Sony got something big and tried to predict, and when he's wrong he will say it's the viewer's fault and think we are like idiots...
Like... this one... it go tons of dislikes... he think he apologized but he actually didn't. He still thinks Sony will release a Switch-like console. To be fair, I do believe Sony will release a hybrid someday and I'm looking forward to it. But taht doesn't mean he is right. I just dislike these kind of person. SMD though I'm very very disappointed.
I did use the term correctly, white knighting is mindlessly defending and praising something you have a bias towards. It doesn't have to be in a romantic context. It's become a term to describe when people go to extraneous lengths to defend something, even when it becomes unreasonable.

Telling people that they have to like the Switch if they like Rosalina, just because Koizumi is involved with it, is absolutely something a shameless white knight would say.

Look, we get it. You like the Switch. I don't think it's a terrible piece of hardware either. But this constant jumping on the defensive whenever anyone has even a slight criticism of the system or how Nintendo handles it, and these unwarranted essays praising it to high heaven, are getting a bit aggravating, and yes, very much make you come across as a white knight.

It's OK to be enthusiastic about something, but when you're at a point where you're basically using a fictional character as a bargaining chip because their creator is involved with the thing you're defending, you need to dial it back a few notches.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I did use the term correctly, white knighting is mindlessly defending and praising something you have a bias towards. It doesn't have to be in a romantic context. It's become a term to describe when people go to extraneous lengths to defend something, even when it becomes unreasonable.
Look I even check Webster Dictionary, the closest definition is "someone or something that rescues or saves another person or thing from a bad situation"
Or according to Google translate definition "a person or thing that comes to someone's aid."
Like I said Nintendo Switch is doing fairly good sales and game wise, so I am not defending or rescuing the Nintendo Switch or even Nintendo. If I do have to admit, then my own thought of white knighting is I am saving you from the cynical mindset regarding the Nintendo Switch.
Or we basically just having a solid debate, sure I do accidentally became a fanboy in some part and I am sure I put out questionable infos, but I personally think it is that you keep sticking to some incorrect or niche concerns. Previous post saying that N San Trilogy won't come to Switch because it can't handle the graphics which... we don't know. I don't think as well but I personally think it is unlikely and unnecessary already since Crash is a PS originated series. Again, you do make sense but there's no evidence about it, this means you are making a statement that is way out of the proportion ,and that is what bugs me. And not just you, falcomaster did some kind of statement like that too, all I did was just correcting but was still glad he made a in depth response.

Telling people that they have to like the Switch if they like Rosalina, just because Koizumi is involved with it, is absolutely something a shameless white knight would say.
I was just throw an extra tidbit there, I'm not shoving it down to your throat, that's why I put it as an edit and added "Just saying".
Again, white knight or not I am not gonna even bother, especially when I haven't even accuse you of any kind of term. (And base on the Internet's definition and other dictionary's definition, I think you are using it in an incorrect situation. Most people like the Switch and are glad that Nintendo is doing things better despite with some errors that I need to be fixed.
Look, we get it. You like the Switch. I don't think it's a terrible piece of hardware either. But this constant jumping on the defensive whenever anyone has even a slight criticism of the system or how Nintendo handles it, and these unwarranted essays praising it to high heaven, are getting a bit aggravating, and yes, very much make you come across as a white knight.

It's OK to be enthusiastic about something, but when you're at a point where you're basically using a fictional character as a bargaining chip because their creator is involved with the thing you're defending, you need to dial it back a few notches.
I also get that you dislike the Switch because of your own and possibly real and trifle reasons... I just don't understand why you still deemed Nintendo as a company that is still a douchbag and doesn't learn its lesson.

You still didn't see my criticism when it comes to Switch? I cared about "facts" the most, whenever I see any statement that is not true at all or can be doubt then I will give out my rebuttal/ two cents and try to correct it.

And you still regard "using fictional character bargaining chip" as a big deal? I think do have to apologize for letting you guys think that way but that was never my intention. By the way, did you even look at all of my posts besides just that? I remember I have said more than just that statement. So beside this quote, reply to my other rebuttal statement. If it is wrong then I will admit it is wrong. But all I see is just accusation of a certain quote that doesn't even have to do with what I was trying to convey.

I'm also tired of replying since I was hoping for a more back to back healthy debate, but end up having so much beef...
And you may not want to put this up but I have to, I do saw you have some debate back in the Ninten Social thread and it didn't turned out well which made me really confused and concern on your way of starting debate with other users when it was only just about video games. A topic that should be fun and open to talk about, it is possible that you can disagree with somebody but still get along. However, it's now I sort of notice a bit of your cynical attitude towards Nintendo. But of course that is just me, don't take that as granted (And if you feel offended, then I will definitely take it back). If you don't agree then I will stop mentioning it. But please just explain what are the things you don't like about the Switch? And why do you think so? Is it just personal preferences? If it is then we shouldn't take it as a fact in a first place and we will understand it.

I'll just leave this video as my final reply, my thoughts and opinions on Switch are mostly correspond with this video. So if you have any rebuttal then just give your two cents on this video:

tl;dr why is this still count as me "defending" when in the reality the Switch is doing just fine (Sales and third party wise)?
Of course, once again like I said, I do have complains, but I am not going to repeat myself....

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
If you have something against Nintendo and Nintendo fanboyism, my advice would be don't join the site dedicated to Nintendo's huge crossover franchise in the first place.

I think the Switch is a great piece of Hardware like all Nintendo systems. It has great games already for me and more in the future I really want.

I adore the handheld aspect just as offScreen with Wii U was greatly appreciated.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If you have something against Nintendo and Nintendo fanboyism, my advice would be don't join the site dedicated to Nintendo's huge crossover franchise in the first place.
It's kind of weird that me "defending" Nintendo Switch would be regarded as white knighting (Which this isn't "defending" btw), and then not even trying to respond to my rest of the posts... which I really feel disappointed.
== checked the previous post==
I can't believe he only cares about me just mentioning Koizumi the Rosalina's creator in charge with the console which wasn't even my prime statement by the way, was the ONLY quote he responded...
I would also like to point out that I do have some complains about the console, you can check my previous post. I have to say this again I don't against any negative comments about Nintendo, what I am not ok with is negative assumptions and statements.
Or just be open minded when it comes to debating about video games...

I just hope there's less accusations and more discussions.

I think the Switch is a great piece of Hardware like all Nintendo systems. It has great games already for me and more in the future I really want.
Indeed, and yes I do have the console and played it. So this is why you notice that I am more positive and vocal when it comes to talking about Nintendo Switch. Then I again, I do have complaints, the biggest has to be battery life and the controller price...

Also stupid voice chat...

If you have the console, feel free to say about it's pros and cons, it will be interesting to know each people's experience on the console.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I got a Switch myself. I've had that **** since like May. I like the idea of it being a handheld and home console. But the thing about it was that, even though I've been enjoying it, I wasn't even interested in getting it at all. Only reason I got it was because my sister kept pestering me about it so I ended up buying it just to satisfy her. Haven't been using it a whole lot recently though because of other games to play but with games like Fire Emblem Warriors, Xenoblade 2 and Mario Odyssey coming out, I'm gonna have a busy time with it.

And I've always been critical of the direction Nintendo has been going to in recent years and it probably will be if they can't get their **** right. It's even worse when fanboys get so defensive of them it's embarrassing.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I got a Switch myself. I've had that **** since like May. I like the idea of it being a handheld and home console. But the thing about it was that, even though I've been enjoying it, I wasn't even interested in getting it at all.
To be frank, it was after the presentation that I think the Switch will be a success (And it surely did). Mostly because....
Xenoblade Chronicles 2...
Nah, not really I was just being positive at the time and I was like most people who were positive with the Switch but were also concerned on some aspects with the console.
Haven't been using it a whole lot recently though because of other games to play but with games like Fire Emblem Warriors, Xenoblade 2 and Mario Odyssey coming out, I'm gonna have a busy time with it.
Things is, as long as the Switch has the games you want, go ahead and buy it, simple as that. I go Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Cave Story +, Overcooked, Shovel Knight : Specter of Torment, and Overcooked. Sure most of these are just ports, but with the console that can be played on the go made these games worth a purchase in my opinion.
Also Xenoblade... The game that I am most anticipated... Can't wait to get it.
(Got my preorder already)
Also DOOM... Love to play that on the go.
And I've always been critical of the direction Nintendo has been going to in recent years and it probably will be if they can't get their **** right. It's even worse when fanboys get so defensive of them it's embarrassing.
You guys might disagree with me on this, but so am I. However unlike most of you guys though I critique their actions fairly, if they did something good, I praise them, if they don't I will complain about it.
Right now is their voice chat app, controller price, and lack of a web browser...
As for right now Nintendo and Nintendo Switch's reception are mostly positive. Switch is selling like hot cakes and it is starting to get better third party support. So again there is no fanboyism or things that need to be defensive about. I just think that people should stop treating Nintendo a company in a mostly negative perspective.
Nevertheless, they are DOOM ed...

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
This has been a heated discussion that's gone on for too long now. I feel like it's really my fault for opening my big mouth on that first video. I just wanted to share some perspective and talk about the future.

I'm sorry things ended up derailing so much. So here. Have a cute tennis Rosalina.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This has been a heated discussion that's gone on for too long now. I feel like it's really my fault for opening my big mouth on that first video. I just wanted to share some perspective and talk about the future.
It's not really your fault or anyone's fault. You did give our your thought and all I did was giving out mine.
And like I said, the discussion won't be too heated if we don't throw accusations to each other (calling someone white knight or fanboy just for the sake of justifying your own opinion)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
To be frank, it was after the presentation that I think the Switch will be a success (And it surely did). Mostly because....
Xenoblade Chronicles 2...
Nah, not really I was just being positive at the time and I was like most people who were positive with the Switch but were also concerned on some aspects with the console.
Don't really have any complaints about the system other than the battery life and lack of exclusives.
Things is, as long as the Switch has the games you want, go ahead and buy it, simple as that. I go Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Cave Story +, Overcooked, Shovel Knight : Specter of Torment, and Overcooked. Sure most of these are just ports, but with the console that can be played on the go made these games worth a purchase in my opinion.
Also Xenoblade... The game that I am most anticipated... Can't wait to get it.
(Got my preorder already)
Also DOOM... Love to play that on the go.
I'm gonna wait until launch to get Xenoblade 2. Games like Shovel Knight and DOOM I can just get those on Steam.
I just think that people should stop treating Nintendo a company in a mostly negative perspective.
You're still fanboying here and don't get me started with all that bull**** either. I know a fanboy when I see one, junior.
Nevertheless, they are DOOM ed...
Get the **** out.
Ay man there ain't nothing wrong with honesty here. You were just giving out your opinions on the matter and I can respect that...unlike a certain somebody here...
Well anyways, I pretty much in the same position as you are.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's not really your fault or anyone's fault. You did give our your thought and all I did was giving out mine.
And like I said, the discussion won't be too heated if we don't throw accusations to each other (calling someone white knight or fanboy just for the sake of justifying your own opinion)
It literally wasn't to justify my own opinion.

Hell, I didn't even really give my fleshed out opinion on the Switch. I just took issue with how you were responding to people in the thread and constantly derailing discussions with Switch circlejerking. That was all I was saying in my posts. That's why I ignored your essays about the Switch because you're allowed to have your opinions. I don't take issue with your opinions. It's fine if you're enthusiastic about the Switch and X, Y, Z games published by Nintendo. I don't have a problem with that. What I DO take issue, with how you deliver your points.

It's not just an "accusation" when I'm literally calling you out on something you're actually doing. It's also not name calling when I'm telling it like it is. You were being a white knight. That's not an insult. That's a fact. If you take that as an insult, that's a sign that you actually were being one, otherwise, being pointed out as one wouldn't bother you in the slightest.

I stopped responding because I was honestly sick of you completely missing the point of my posts and making essays in response to my short posts, as well as turning every post into a Switch ad campaign. But you don't seem to want to let it go since you keep bringing it up, which is again, also something a white knight does - constantly tries to make the other person look like the bad guy and won't leave it alone even when their "enemy" has stopped engaging in discussion.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Don't really have any complaints about the system other than the battery life and lack of exclusives.
Yeah, the battery life is pretty mediocre...
I understand some people really want the exclusives, but with the console launched less than a year and we already have some exclusive Switch titles were already being announced back in E3 (Kirby, Yoshi, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and Metroid Prime 4). I think after 2017 and when 2018 starts we just might see more exclusives.
I'm gonna wait until launch to get Xenoblade 2. Games like Shovel Knight and DOOM I can just get those on Steam.
I recently just downloaded Steam but since my laptop is nearly a potato, I think I'll go with the Switch versions. Because like I said, I prefer the portability.
Get the **** out.
I don't know if you know that was a joke or not...:dizzy:
of course Nintendo is not really doomed

Ay man there ain't nothing wrong with honesty here. You were just giving out your opinions on the matter and I can respect that...unlike a certain somebody here...
Well anyways, I pretty much in the same position as you are.
If you are mentioning me then you probably didn't look close at my response. Sure there were some points I went a bit too harsh because some of the points just boggles my mind (Like pay online and concerns of handheld being broken etc.) but I do agree on some of the points. And last but not least I never accuse anyone of something.
unlike a certain somebody here...(No offense by the way)

I guess this pic probably describes on how Nintendo's reception is in this thread, and accuses Nintendo not doing things right are still the same old Nintendo (Which partially is true)

Hell, I didn't even really give my fleshed out opinion on the Switch.
Which again, I am very disappointed.
I just took issue with how you were responding to people in the thread and constantly derailing discussions with Switch circlejerking. That was all I was saying in my posts.
That was literally just my casual info and you took it way too seriously. If you check my post I never derailing discussions. I replay to your every posts in depth. It isn't perfect or a god's word so that's why I would like to see your own opinion and rebuttal rather than just beefs.
That's why I ignored your essays about the Switch because you're allowed to have your opinions.
You know what, that means I am probably done here. I have my own opinion and you didn't even bother to care, and that's really really sad because I really want to know why you disagree with my opinion.
It's not just an "accusation" when I'm literally calling you out on something you're actually doing. It's also not name calling when I'm telling it like it is. You were being a white knight. That's not an insult.
It isn't an insult, but just saying I'm a white knight (I still don't think that's how it is used by the way, some users did also mention that before) and not really trying have a solid debate is just
That's a fact.
Nobody said it was except you... didn't you remember what happened before? No wonder we can't get our discussions going well because kept calling others fanboy or white knighting without any solid reasons...

I remember I said a million times I am okay with negative opinions as long as they are true and legit.

It's fine if you're enthusiastic about the Switch and X, Y, Z games published by Nintendo. I don't have a problem with that. What I DO take issue, with how you deliver your points.
What I said was true and a majority of people are enthusiastic not only about Switch, but gaming as whole. That's what a gamer should rather than being
Well then I am very curious on what did I do wrong when I deliver my points, can you point them out? That's exactly what I want, point out what did I got wrong, but you didn't.
I stopped responding because I was honestly sick of you completely missing the point of my posts and making essays in response to my short posts, as well as turning every post into a Switch ad campaign.
Then again... what's your problem with Switch? I would really like to know.
And this is the disadvantage when it comes to debating with post... when it gets too heated it will become an essay.
But you don't seem to want to let it go since you keep bringing it up, which is again, also something a white knight does - constantly tries to make the other person look like the bad guy and won't leave it alone even when their "enemy" has stopped engaging in discussion.
So you are saying I think you are a bad guy? When I have never ever said that or think that way...
That's the problem here... there is no enemy/foe/rival... we are just gamers and trying to figure out how do each everyone of us think about the Switch. I know again you might say I am a fanboy but... you must have this mind ahead that Nintendo Switch is a popular console but still has things to improve, of course I aware those flaws. Reasons why you think I am starting to sound like a Switch ad is because I think positives outweights the negatives, nevertheless, those negatives come are either debatable or they are also need to be addressed.

Needless to say, it seems that in this thread I am the bad guy here just because I am positive on Nintendo Switch and end up being labeled as "white knight" and trying to shove it down to my throat ... talk about a discussion...

So back to the drawing board my first discussion was just:
Do you think Nintendo should stop making consoles and go third party?

And let me just throw just out even though I know why you guys don't care about this anyway...
Nobody cared about my post on Nintendo Switch coming to Taiwan....

Edit:I am gonna confess that I did a stupid thing... Just a while ago. I wasn't try to call for help or anything. I was try to self examine myself and seek for advice, turned out that wasn't what I was supposed to do...

Last edited:
Top Bottom