• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
There's this new Smash mod which includes Tennis Peach and Sport Rosalina and it's quite good. I'm on mobile so it's hard to add pictures but check it out!!

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
oh thanks.

I just saw that , it's really neat. I prefer it over Peach's (because Rosalina's frame is kinda accurate and similar in many games , including Smash meanwhile Peach is kinda lankier in Smash)

----------------------------

So this is the roster of the New Mario Party game.

Rosalina is clearly UPGRADING even more, being part of the main 8 characters selected as playable.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
It seems to me that the game is a WIP, because I think there'd be more characters. It probably is. I hope characters like Birdo, Donkey and Diddy can make it in!

Looking at that, it reminds me of the human cast of Mario, like how Mario, Luigi, Wario and Waluigi are considered the "Men of Mario" and how Peach, Daisy and Rosalina are the "Mario Ladies". I thought this was pretty interesting. And I also believe that calling the three "princesses" is like trying to call the four "plumbers", since it can't really work.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It seems to me that the game us a WIP, because I think there'd be more characters. It probably is. I hope characters like Birdo, Donkey and Diddy can make it in!

Looking at that, it reminds me of the human cast of Mario, like how Mario, Luigi, Wario and Waluigi are considered the "Men of Mario" and how Peach, Daisy and Rosalina are the "Mario Ladies". I thought this was pretty interesting. And I also believe that calling the three "princesses" is like trying to call the four "plumbers", since it can't really work.
You definitely can't call the four guys plumbers because Nintendo recently announced that Mario has "retired" as a plumber. Which is very odd. :V

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
You definitely can't call the four guys plumbers because Nintendo recently announced that Mario has "retired" as a plumber. Which is very odd. :V
Oh yeah, I was thinking that. Then you also have him jumping out of pipes and manholes in Odyssey. This is purely speculation, but he probably retired due to old age or something, either way, very interesting to the Mario lore. If Nintendo has the power to do that, then they should reveal that Rosalina isn't a princess, confirming that she never really was. Since this whole scenario dictates his role, it should for Rosalina, but the closest we get is protector.

On another note, remember the video project you announced for Rosalina's 10th anniversary? Just out of curiosity, I wonder how it's going so far, if you don't mind sharing.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh yeah, I was thinking that. Then you also have him jumping out of pipes and manholes in Odyssey. This is purely speculation, but he probably retired due to old age or something, either way, a very interesting to the Mario lore. If Nintendo has the power to do that, then they should reveal that Rosalina isn't a princess, confirming that she never really was. Since this whole scenario dictates his role, it should for Rosalina, but the closest we get is protector.

On another note, remember the video project you announced for Rosalina's 10th anniversary? Just out of curiosity, I wonder how it's going so far, if you don't mind sharing.

...yeah, about that.

I just haven't really had the time to work on anything, least of all a video, for the 10th anniversary. I have the beginnings of a script written up from a while ago, but that's about it. My laptop was actually out of commission for a while and I only got it fixed a within the last month, and I've been busy since.

It has been on my mind though, and I did recently purchase a pretty large suite of video editing software. But I'm not sure I can get a video out in like 10 days.

Unless I do something smaller, like an art piece or something (though even then, I haven't had the time to learn my drawing tablet and new art software), or a smaller video for now, then I definitely won't have anything ready for November 1st.

I'd also have to get my brother's old microphone, since it's pretty solid for voice recording.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
The full website of the new Mario Party game is up.

This is Rosalina's description.

It's worth noting the reference to Rosalina's actual power as a cosmic being as well as the fact that once again, they avoid calling her a princess.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

It's worth noting the reference to Rosalina's actual power as a cosmic being as well as the fact that once again, they avoid calling her a princess.
Oh lord I love it. Best description ever

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina needs to calm down. Who will be the hero to quell the beast of the Mario Parties?

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33

...yeah, about that.

I just haven't really had the time to work on anything, least of all a video, for the 10th anniversary. I have the beginnings of a script written up from a while ago, but that's about it. My laptop was actually out of commission for a while and I only got it fixed a within the last month, and I've been busy since.

It has been on my mind though, and I did recently purchase a pretty large suite of video editing software. But I'm not sure I can get a video out in like 10 days.

Unless I do something smaller, like an art piece or something (though even then, I haven't had the time to learn my drawing tablet and new art software), or a smaller video for now, then I definitely won't have anything ready for November 1st.

I'd also have to get my brother's old microphone, since it's pretty solid for voice recording.
Ah, no worries. Take as long as you need to, but I believe, regardless of how late it may be, it would have great quality and worth the wait! I only hope that by the time the content is released, it would garner more attention and become popular so more people would understand their beloved character more!

I seriously would like to see that in action now. Seriously, with all this consistency, Rosalina would make one hell of a showdown once she gets her game. I can't wait to read the other descriptions and compare it to hers!

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
not to be bias here, but the other characters descriptions are pretty lame and more of the same similar to previous games.

Rosalina's seems to be the best written.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'll never really understand why the shape of Rosalina's eyebrows tend to make her look angry. If only the eyebrows could be angled in a way that makes her feel more happy.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Shape of eyebrows? Are you serious right now?.

Rosalina by default doesnt even have expression in her face , as it is suppoused to be compared to the rest of the Mario cast.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I'll never really understand why the shape of Rosalina's eyebrows tend to make her look angry. If only the eyebrows could be angled in a way that makes her feel more happy.
Whenever I think of those kind of faces, anger doesn't really comes to mind as she still maintains a serene composure. Those kind of expressions tells me she is stern, assertive or maybe even utterly savage, just like how her description seems to be implying here.

Either way, it's just another bio for a character with that "it" factor. And also, a great reminder of why I love this character so much.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just a notice that Super Mario Odyssey is out in the wild now. Some people have it and one guy was streaming it. So spoilers could easily leak out soon.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
If Rosalina does show up before release, do you guys think you could avoid talking about until the game does release worldwide?

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
If Rosalina does show up before release, do you guys think you could avoid talking about until the game does release worldwide?
Depends. If she appears as an 8-bit cameo again, there are chances I'd say it because it'd be awfully useless, but still appreciable recognition.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Surely, i won't spoil anything major.

But i will say this:

I know for a fact that whether Rosalina's voice actress appears in the credits OR NOT , it really doesn't matter ,that info doesnt really tell you if she is the game or not , im pretty sure since i took some notes of certain images.

So let's wait and see.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Surely, i won't spoil anything major.

But i will say this:

I know for a fact that whether Rosalina's voice actress appears in the credits OR NOT , it really doesn't matter ,that info doesnt really tell you if she is the game or not , im pretty sure since i took some notes of certain images.

So let's wait and see.
If she does, I hope it's Laura. I wanna see how she would voice Rosalina in a mainstream game. Hopefully the VA incident won't happen again, we knew what happened with Superstars.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well they recently confirmed that Blaze won't be in Sonic Forces so I hope one platforming franchise remembers to include their best girl in their major new game.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Ehh sure but that wasnt my point.

The point is that Rosalina can still make an appearence as a cameo or referenced without an speaking role.
How many games have received wrong credits anyway? I wouldn't mind them too much.
If she were a "congrats NPC" as in Galaxy 2, I'm not sure they'd write Laura's name down. And really, this "congrats NPC" role is the only thing I expect from her at this point.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
How many games have received wrong credits anyway? I wouldn't mind them too much.
If she were a "congrats NPC" as in Galaxy 2, I'm not sure they'd write Laura's name down. And really, this "congrats NPC" role is the only thing I expect from her at this point.
And even that is pretty much a long stretch for a game that doesn't take Mario into outer space.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Again , that's not the point im trying to make.

What im saying is that it doesn't matter if Rosalina's voice actress (whoever it is they wanna use in the future , i honestly dont care at the moment) is credited in Odyssey.

She can appear in some way either way without having to speak therefore voice credits are not gonna be added in the final sequence for her or anybody else making voiceless cameos.

There's a running easter egg in the game already

Remember the Year of Luigi , when in 3D World there was a ton of hidden Luigi sprites. The same seems to happen in Odyssey with Cat Peach and it's been reported that there's a Rosalina sprite somewhere.

There , she appered in some way after all.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Remember the Year of Luigi , when in 3D World there was a ton of hidden Luigi sprites. The same seems to happen in Odyssey with Cat Peach and it's been reported that there's a Rosalina sprite somewhere.

There , she appered in some way after all.
Ah, I see... Just like in Captain Toad Treasure Tracker, she might appear like that.

This video may or may not be a spoiler, I don't know, but the titles mentioned Rosalina and leak at the same time, so be careful if you wanna avoid the spoiler. It's in another language, so it's hard to tell, for me at least.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
...Anyways, I think it's better if she appears as an NPC, varying from minor to major, and I also think it makes more sense if she was post game, like maybe after you beat Bowser or something. If the game celebrates the history of Mario, including prominent characters that held great roles, such as Pauline being the original damsel in distress, Captain Toad being the cheerful helper and etc. I also wonder if Luigi appears as well, which is more likely.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
...Anyways, I think it's better if she appears as an NPC, varying from minor to major, and I also think it makes more sense if she was post game, like maybe after you beat Bowser or something. If the game celebrates the history of Mario, including prominent characters that held great roles, such as Pauline being the original damsel in distress, Captain Toad being the cheerful helper and etc. I also wonder if Luigi appears as well, which is more likely.
Video is just them theoritizing about possible ten playable characters because of the different worlds but it's pretty stupid imo. One of the dudes says that the "Rosalina's Lumas could work like Cappy" but uuuugh not really.
I've found the 8-bit Rosalina gif in Odyssey. It appears in the last last world, so Darker Side of the Moon, at the end of the hardest level (like Champion's Road, etc)
rosalinaodyssey.gif

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Speaking of Lumas, it would have been amazing if Rosalina and the Lumas appeared, so Mario could Cap-ture a Luma. :p

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Video is just them theoritizing about possible ten playable characters because of the different worlds but it's pretty stupid imo. One of the dudes says that the "Rosalina's Lumas could work like Cappy" but uuuugh not really.
I've found the 8-bit Rosalina gif in Odyssey. It appears in the last last world, so Darker Side of the Moon, at the end of the hardest level (like Champion's Road, etc)View attachment 133433
I don't think I've ever seen Rosalina's sprite doing that before, it looks new! It seems that Nintendo created new sprites for the animation. I also think that the background of that picture suits Rosalina really well, it's aesthetically appealing. It's like silvery/platinum. It's also nice to see her in space. Nice one, Mr. Koizumi!

Speaking of Lumas, it would have been amazing if Rosalina and the Lumas appeared, so Mario could Cap-ture a Luma. :p
Oooh, he'd probably have to get past Rosalina for that... But sounds like a cool concept. It reminds me of Young Master Luma from Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I don't think I've ever seen Rosalina's sprite doing that before, it looks new! It seems that Nintendo created new sprites for the animation. I also think that the background of that picture suits Rosalina really well, it's aesthetically appealing. It's like silvery/platinum. It's also nice to see her in space. Nice one, Mr. Koizumi
You should be on spoiler though dear, not everyone here wants to learn about it.
And yeah, looks like she's doing the Spin Jump. I knew she was going to appear in this game no matter what, and it looks like it'll be all for her (while Waluigi/Wario and Diddy get some costumes...) unless something else I'm not aware of happens.
Also, you can find 8-bits sprites of Cat Peach as well all around the globe, so I suppose Rosalina can be found in another places on the Moon or such. The Moon's currency is the Star Bit after all. That's a nice Mario Galaxy reference.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
its her sprite from 3D World when she is in the map. That's nothing new at all.

Move along.
It's actually based on the Super Mario Maker sprite. The 3D World one only had a sideways walking animation, it didn't have a front perspective. It also didn't have the trims on her gown.

It's based off the Super Mario Maker sprite, but this particular animation is new.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Here's a 3D Mario retrospectiive for 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy to ease the tension of waiting for Odyssey. After all these years, I never knew you could actually stand on that penguin's head to avoid the snowman blowing you off. I thought you just had to stay behind it. And if you're hoping Rosalina does not get called a princess in this video, you may be disappointed.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
You should be on spoiler though dear, not everyone here wants to learn about it.
And yeah, looks like she's doing the Spin Jump. I knew she was going to appear in this game no matter what, and it looks like it'll be all for her (while Waluigi/Wario and Diddy get some costumes...) unless something else I'm not aware of happens.
Also, you can find 8-bits sprites of Cat Peach as well all around the globe, so I suppose Rosalina can be found in another places on the Moon or such. The Moon's currency is the Star Bit after all. That's a nice Mario Galaxy reference.
Oh right, my bad. I should've been more careful. I placed it in a spoiler box, but you seem to quote the uncensored one. But I agree, it's a great touch.

Here's a 3D Mario retrospectiive for 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy to ease the tension of waiting for Odyssey. After all these years, I never knew you could actually stand on that penguin's head to avoid the snowman blowing you off. I thought you just had to stay behind it. And if you're hoping Rosalina does not get called a princess in this video, you may be disappointed.
Even as I knew she'd be called that, I still cringed. But whatever, I agree with the rest of the video though. My personal favorite is Galaxy, because of feels. I absolutely adore the atmosphere, as some amazing and beautiful music can remind me about the military and battle stuff yet at different parts of the game can feel soothing, a perfect balance. I'd say the same for the other games as they did contain music quite relaxing. Galaxy could've done more on the secret stuff, though. Especially imagining how cool it would be to have secrets in space.

Top Bottom