• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>"We are not gonna argue about colors out of all things , seriously."
>Proceeds to make an argument about them not being a black colour

OK man, whatever you say. I'm still thinking they're black though, and I know I'm not the only one. :p

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
What i was trying to say is that we are not taking this into a looooooong discussion with no end, we are simply not gonna do that , i know i wont.

Have fun.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I certainly hope that they include animations for her in this game like they did with Mario Golf: World Tour, still depicting resemblance to the Galaxy games. Lumas would sound great in this game!

They are literal black tights. When black tights are worn against white skin, they take on a grey-ish brown appearance because the tights are see through. This is literally the exact same colour on Rosalina's tights here.

Oh, I actually didn't know they were transparent, thanks for pointing that out though. That Tennis figure of Rosalina with the metallic looking leg actually makes sense now, or unless they're actual metal/platinum. IMHO, I think that the black tights goes better with a sophisticated clothing style, like wearing high heels instead of sporting an athletic outfit.

Though, I think this seems vague due to the lighting, but the guy who posted the tweets said it's black.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I actually thought the same thing when I looked at my figure after seeing the new screenshots. Makes sense as it's branded as a "Mario Sports" figure and not just Mario Tennis.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Im extremely confused on the route capcom picked for Resident Evil 7.

It feels like another version of the texas chain massacre mixed with the evil within.

Im just not really feeling it as RE.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
"We're not gonna argue about colors out of all things"

You'd be surprised by everything you argued and still argue about.

I love her appearance in this game so far, being a power type and all (and I hope this'll change Sega's mind on the matter) and of course being badass. I can't wait to her artwork and her amiibo card.

I wonder how they'll make her amiibo cards, they seemed to use older artworks for Peach but she was still in her shorts... I guess it'll be a new or Ultra Smash's artwork.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Ah no , not falling for it.

---

Either way Sports Super Stars is set to be released soon , and i certainly cannot wait.

Now that tournaments are confirmed , i just need the confirmation of unique win and lose animations. Not too elaborated like World Tour , as there are many characters , but something simple will do.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I still feel like Rosalina should've been more on the balanced side with her stats. She could still be one of the stronger females out there, but at least make her speed and technique attributes be good.

The Rio Olympics had the right idea with Rosalina having a high technique stat, but the power and speed probably should've been more on the average side.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
While im pretty confortable having Rosalina in the power category , as it makes her stand out a little more , i wouldnt mind her changing her play time from time to time.

However , i still feel ´´tricky´´ should not be an option for her , that´s just a personal preference as in my particular case it would ruin a bit her playstyle for me.

Not all the types have been revealed yet though , so while we can assume Rosalina is on the large side , judging by the size of the horses she rides , we are not enterily sure if she is power type in sports super starts.

I hope she will be , specially for the tennis part , but i feel like if she is , she may be struggling in soccer due her speed.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
While im pretty confortable having Rosalina in the power category , as it makes her stand out a little more , i wouldnt mind her changing her play time from time to time.

However , i still feel ´´tricky´´ should not be an option for her , that´s just a personal preference as in my particular case it would ruin a bit her playstyle for me.

Not all the types have been revealed yet though , so while we can assume Rosalina is on the large side , judging by the size of the horses she rides , we are not enterily sure if she is power type in sports super starts.

I hope she will be , specially for the tennis part , but i feel like if she is , she may be struggling in soccer due her speed.
We can't even guess by the pictures, as she seems to kick the ball in the air and her position, if she were on the ground, wouldn't be stable at all and doesn't look like something a strong and imposing character would pull off... Yet, it's Rosalina, she's surprised us before, and I think she will once again.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I actually hope for one more thing , aside from unique victory animations ; I want alternate skins to come back. It would be nice to have Rosalina with shorts if given the possibility as i dont want any surprise upskirts during soccer or tennis.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The speculation that she is a Power-Type again comes from the fact that her logo in the tourney board or whatever it was, is the same shape as Bowser and Wario's logos. Who are obviously Power types. Other characters of different classes have different shapes for their logos.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
That´s right , but we can always see it in a different light.

Maybe the emblem shapes are tied to weight classes and not play types.

This could be confirmed if Daisy´s emblem was spotted as Daisy returns as a technical character. So if she has the same shape as Mario , who is a medium character like Daisy also is , then that could be the connection.

What pulls me off is that Boo has a special shape , which could mean its ´´´tricky´´ , therefore strongly supporting the emblem shapes being related to play types and thus Rosalina falling in the same category as Bowser and Wario.

Like i said when i brough that theory when i first posted the image , i would assume the latter is correct and Rosalina will end up being power type , as she has been in 2 games already.

Even more , the 2 games where Rosalina is on this class are golf and tennis , both featured in Sports Super Stars , so it makes sense that she , once again has these characteristics .

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Happy Australia Day

To celebrate, I'd like to share some great Aussie songs. I'd be happy if you guys gave them a listen.
This is one of my favourite songs, This might be an awful thing to say on my national day, but I kinda wish this was our national anthem.

But our national anthem is still fine: Advance Australia Fair

And of course, you can't talk about Aussie songs with talking about this song, even you guys have probably heard of it.

This singer of this version of the song is probably one of most Australian Aussie out there. I even met him once
20161118_224015.jpg

It was an excellent concert, just when I thought it was over, he came back on stage and sung my favourite song of his Rip Rip Woodchip.

Other great songs of his are True Blue (his most iconic song)
He also has Old Man Emu, Chandelier of stars, Wrinkles and a many others.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Happy Australia Day

To celebrate, I'd like to share some great Aussie songs. I'd be happy if you guys gave them a listen.
This is one of my favourite songs, This might be an awful thing to say on my national day, but I kinda wish this was our national anthem.

But our national anthem is still fine: Advance Australia Fair

And of course, you can't talk about Aussie songs with talking about this song, even you guys have probably heard of it.

This singer of this version of the song is probably one of most Australian Aussie out there. I even met him onceView attachment 125346
It was an excellent concert, just when I thought it was over, he came back on stage and sung my favourite song of his Rip Rip Woodchip.

Other great songs of his are True Blue (his most iconic song)
He also has Old Man Emu, Chandelier of stars, Wrinkles and a many others.
Interesting , so is this your country's National holiday?
I am also watching Australian Open right now…

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Yep, it marks the day James Cook first came to Australia. It's a day often celebrated at the beach, by a BBQ, drinking beer and hanging out with mates. Of coarse I'm not really that sociable and it's rainy where I live so I'm not really doing any of that. But I had a delicious Vegemite and Cheese Toasted Sandwich for lunch and it was delicious. Also I'm spreading the joy of the day online.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yep, it marks the day James Cook first came to Australia. It's a day often celebrated at the beach, by a BBQ, drinking beer and hanging out with mates. Of coarse I'm not really that sociable and it's rainy where I live so I'm not really doing any of that. But I had a delicious Vegemite and Cheese Toasted Sandwich for lunch and it was delicious. Also I'm spreading the joy of the day online.
Our National day is on October 10, but it mostly relates to our country rather than our island itself. But hey I ain't mad like some weirdos in my country.
It will be Chinese New year in the weekends, can't wait to get those red envelops.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Our National day is on October 10, but it mostly relates to our country rather than our island itself. But hey I ain't mad like some weirdos in my country.
It will be Chinese New year in the weekends, can't wait to get those red envelops.
Yeah, a lot of people get angry about Australia Day too. Many Aboriginal people like to call it invasion day and burn our flag on the day.

What country do you live in? What are the red envelopes?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah, a lot of people get angry about Australia Day too. Many Aboriginal people like to call it invasion day and burn our flag on the day.

What country do you live in? What are the red envelopes?
Same with us, sort of, only those who are anger with Taiwan's regime claims that Taiwan be an independent country and have their own independence day. Which is another whole issue to talk about. Nevertheless we don't really care about October 25 anymore, when Taiwan was technically return to China from Japan after WWII.
Check my location, Taiwan duh, but officially called Republic of China, don't ask why here, go do some research because explaining this is going to take tons of time.
It is the thing that has money in it, haven't you heard of Chinese New Year?

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
We don't have problems with our National Day (June 2), also because it is the date when Italian people vote for our country to become a repubblic and overthrow monarchy (year 1946). Also, it was the first time women voted for something important at a national level.
I don't think there are people out there boycotting this celebration, if there are they problably consist in some extremely rare minority of monarchist extremist but I can't recall ever heard of this. On the other hand, there is April 25, known as "Giorno della Liberazione" (Day of Liberation), that celebrates the day partisans freed our country for the fascist regime of Mussolini. Unfortunately, neofascist are still rampant and often ruin or protest in one way or another this important holiday.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Same with us, sort of, only those who are anger with Taiwan's regime claims that Taiwan be an independent country and have their own independence day. Which is another whole issue to talk about. Nevertheless we don't really care about October 25 anymore, when Taiwan was technically return to China from Japan after WWII.
Check my location, Taiwan duh, but officially called Republic of China, don't ask why here, go do some research because explaining this is going to take tons of time.
It is the thing that has money in it, haven't you heard of Chinese New Year?
I've heard of a Chinese New Year, but I was under the assumption that it simply meant China had a different calender system and the Chinese New Year was simply the new year for China.

Gaming much smaller there isn't it? (And I think I remember you mentioning that you normally import from Japan) So the Switch being region free is going to make things much more convenient for you?

(Or am I just being ignorant?)

We don't have problems with our National Day (June 2), also because it is the date when Italian people vote for our country to become a repubblic and overthrow monarchy (year 1946). Also, it was the first time women voted for something important at a national level.
I don't think there are people out there boycotting this celebration, if there are they problably consist in some extremely rare minority of monarchist extremist but I can't recall ever heard of this. On the other hand, there is April 25, known as "Giorno della Liberazione" (Day of Liberation), that celebrates the day partisans freed our country for the fascist regime of Mussolini. Unfortunately, neofascist are still rampant and often ruin or protest in one way or another this important holiday.
April 25 is an important day in your country too?

In Australia, 25th of April is ANZAC day, Australia & New Zealand Army Corp. A day to commemorate all of the Anzac who fought in the war. It's pretty much remembrance day 2.0 do other countries have remembrance day on the 11th month on the 11th day on 11th hour?

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827

In Australia, 25th of April is ANZAC day, Australia & New Zealand Army Corp. A day to commemorate all of the Anzac who fought in the war. It's pretty much remembrance day 2.0 do other countries have remembrance day on the 11th month on the 11th day on 11th hour?
Nice, I didn't know it. TIL :p
However we don't have the 11th everything stuff here.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I've heard of a Chinese New Year, but I was under the assumption that it simply meant China had a different calender system and the Chinese New Year was simply the new year for China.

Gaming much smaller there isn't it? (And I think I remember you mentioning that you normally import from Japan) So the Switch being region free is going to make things much more convenient for you?

(Or am I just being ignorant?)

Taiwan shares a lot of custom from southern China so of course we celebrate Chinese New Year.

If you are talking about gaming as a whole, not really. Esports like League of Legends are still a thing, Garena which is the company that incharges with the server in Taiwan made a mobile version if it, and it's pretty successful. My sister though who is a hard core fan doesn't like the mobile version.
I also buy Amiibos from Japan online since they are cheaper.
And Pokemon Go is a massive success in Taiwan as well. It made Pokemon popular again, with Pokemon Sun and Moon having Chinese version the game is also sells well than before. And I am still going to buy US version since I still want English on my Switch, Hong Kong Nintendo Switch does not have Chinese interface.

MaJoR MuCuS

Smash Apprentice
Rosalina's character select icon from Mario Sports Superstars. The red corner is the same as Bowser, Wario and DK.

Nkw i'm back on my PC here is the full charcter select screen.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I really want to see a full version of that Rosalina render. It looks great. She's also one of the only characters who doesn't look really angry there. She's zen about the whole thing. :p

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Amazing.

If you guys catch that, each character has a color corner.

Red is totally Power types. Im so Happy Rosalina is power type once again ♥

I also agree with ChikoLad ChikoLad , Rosalina looks so composed and neutral. Thats her natural state and how she is suppoused to be represented.

MaJoR MuCuS

Smash Apprentice
Amazing.

If you guys catch that, each character has a color corner.

Red is totally Power types. Im so Happy Rosalina is power type once again ♥

I also agree with ChikoLad ChikoLad , Rosalina looks so composed and neutral. Thats her natural state and how she is suppoused to be represented.
Rosalind looks mature like she's supposed to be.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I feel like she'd excel quite well in sport games such as Baseball and Football, I do hope they add extra sports overtime like Hockey, Basketball or Bowling, cause honestly, this game looks like a mixture of sports that could use more. It seems unlikely for now. Power is Rosalina's home type, and I like it not only since it represent her character very well, but it also implies she is capable of strength, power either in physical powers or authority, and generally makes her a very empowering character. Though I do wonder what other could fit Rosalina if she wasn't power, though there are viable options such as tricky and balanced.

Those mystery slots are unlockable characters, it seems. I wonder who else would be fitting in the game, and I have some couple guesses like Toadette or Lakitu. Also, I can't help but point out that HER HAIR IS SO ETHEREAL AND GODLY IN THAT CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN!! It seriously looks like it's glowing.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
i like they idea of Rosalina being powerful without having exaggerated physical attributes.

She still looks very womanly and femenine and yet she is powerful.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I wonder who the remaining two characters are? It's looking to be a very good roster that should be used as a base for all Mario rosters. Except maybe replace Boo with King Boo and include Toad when he's not being used as sport filler.

Also still happy to have Baby Mario in the Game, I look forward to seeing his golf animations and what voice clips are used, Personally assuming they're not new, I hope they come from Double Dash.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
i have friends that are fans of both of the babies and they certainly hope for new voice clips.

On my part , im curious of Rosalina´s because this is going to have World Tour-like content so i wonder if it´s Kerri Kane or Laura Faye Smith , considering they can always swap like in Smash , even though Nintendo has sticked with Laura consistenly as of today. I even more curious about Rosalina herself on the game because we have seen images but there´s barely footage of her.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Again I'll never really understand why the developers have to make Rosalina a Power-type. That often means poor speed and technique attributes, and I definitely don't see Rosalina doing poorly with the technique stat.

Basically, like I've mentioned already, Rosalina can still be the strongest of the female humans, but having her be physically stronger than Donkey Kong and Wario just seems very weird for my tastes.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
If it makes you feel better , these are meaningless for golf and horse racing apparently.

The types make no real sense for those sports.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I appreciate the low angle shot which is used. It makes her look "big" and imposing without her looking angry or mad like you guys said. Of course the whole render has to be marvelous.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If it makes you feel better , these are meaningless for golf and horse racing apparently.

The types make no real sense for those sports.
There's also baseball to keep in mind. I've often looked at Rosalina as being very good with pitching and fielding, but characters with strong batting stats tend to do poorly with one of the two stats, if not both.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've been playing a lot of the new Kingdom Hearts 2.8 collection lately, and one of the games included is essentially a big demo for Kingdom Hearts 3. One of the features in it is that you can unlock accessories and alternate patterns for Aqua's outfit, so I gave her an outfit that's inspired by Rosalina.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3dFKeHWMAALOBr.jpg:large

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Last night I saw something related to Kingdom Hearts. Apparently it's a video that shows the best way to defeat the extra boss who goes by the name "Julius"; he resembles Pete (the peg-leg is a giveaway), but is huge and surprisingly agile as well.

Top Bottom