• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Oddisey is said to be like SM64 on the core. My guess is that they will focus on making it like previous adventures of Mario in which Peach is the victim and the most we would get is Luigi. Theres also focus on new enemies , so Rosalina is not for this game in my opinion.

I highly doubt we would see any Rosalina on the Switch early this year , besides MK8D.

Rosalina's next appearence is also set to be on 3DS , so i'm not really bothered whatsoever.

By the way Rosalina was not a helper in SMG2 , that was a cameo.
I am pretty sure the Cosmic Spirit is both Rosalina and a helper. You know, the voice, the magic, what she says...

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
The cosmic spirit is an entity that can take any shape or form judging how it can morph into a orb.

It decides to take after Rosalina´s form because it fits as Rosalina was an adviser in the previous game.

The cosmic spirit is not Rosalina , just takes her form to help the player. Just like Cosmic Mario and Cosmic Luigi do for Mario and Luigi.

The actual Rosalina makes an appearence only in the finale.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I personally disagree with Swiftie about the Cosmic Spirit, I like idea of Rosalina helping Mario from afar guiding the Luma to her. And she's different from cosmic Mario & Luigi in a few key ways.

She appears even when there is no comet
She appears when her counterpart is nowhere to be seen
She is helpful instead of antagonistic

Also her voice Isn't distorted.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I personally disagree with Swiftie about the Cosmic Spirit, I like idea of Rosalina helping Mario from afar guiding the Luma to her. And she's different from cosmic Mario & Luigi in a few key ways.

She appears even when there is no comet
She appears when her counterpart is nowhere to be seen
She is helpful instead of antagonistic

Also her voice Isn't distorted.
Yep, I'm on the same wavelength. The same voice, same accessories, the fact she says "May the stars shine down you", the same magical effects and being an ally unlike Cosmic Mario.
My personal theory is that Rosalina uses the Power Star to project herself near Mario to help him, draining the Star's power and therefore making it bronze instead of gold.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Again , they are using Rosalina as a base for the idea of a guide here , and it's not literally her.

If they really wanted it to be Rosalina they could have just used the actual one instead of an entity that has her form.

Lastly just because ''it looks like her'' or sounds like her does not mean it's her.

A good example from this is Elysium from Soul Calibur 5 .

Elysium is Soul Calibur's will and power and it took the physical form and voice from Sophitia Alexandra , another character.

This is because Soul Calibur wanted to manipulate Sophitia's son to do the dirty job , and the easiest way to appeal him was to take the exact same form of his mom.

Does this make Elysium actually Sophitia? No. The sword took her form to fullfil its duty , nothing else.

Same can be said here. Just because the Cosmic Spirit is not an antagonist does not make her any less different than Cosmic Mario and Luigi in the sense that they are simply avatars that took another person's physical form.

That's the most logical way to see it.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Again , they are using Rosalina as a base for the idea of a guide here , and it's not literally her.

If they really wanted it to be Rosalina they could have just used the actual one instead of an entity that has her form.

Lastly just because ''it looks like her'' or sounds like her does not mean it's her.

A good example from this is Elysium from Soul Calibur 5 .

Elysium is Soul Calibur's will and power and it took the physical form and voice from Sophitia Alexandra , another character.

This is because Soul Calibur wanted to manipulate Sophitia's son to do the dirty job , and the easiest way to appeal him was to take the exact same form of his mom.

Does this make Elysium actually Sophitia? No. The sword took her form to fullfil its duty , nothing else.

Same can be said here. Just because the Cosmic Spirit is not an antagonist does not make her any less different than Cosmic Mario and Luigi in the sense that they are simply avatars that took another person's physical form.

That's the most logical way to see it.
Even if you consider the Cosmic Spirit to not be Rosalina, she is still one of her creations. If the Cosmic Spirit wasn't her creation, then the Cosmic Spirit would be like Mario's and Luigi's, like the ones you would see behaving in Prankster Comets. And the fact that it says Cosmic Guide when your character is controlled, shows that it's Rosalina's creation (not to mention, Cosmic Mario or Luigi can't become an orb and take control). Rosalina also projected herself at the ending too, the real form of Rosalina is when you meet her at the gate and get her to join Starship Mario.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Please dont mix your headcanons with the actual game. CS is not something Rosalina ´´created´´.

In the worst scenario for ya´ll this is still unexplained in the game because its literally irrelevant. This is just Galaxy 2 version of the tutorials that are featured in other games in case you dont know where to go or what to do.

It was just common sense that the base they would use for this concept would take the form of Rosalina.

THE Rosalina herself makes an appearence late in the game and that´s it. There would be no point to make the CS if it was actually Rosalina considering that again , for the 100th time , she is already in the game.

I´m not gonna tell you all what to believe , but i´ll go with the actual line in the game , and turns out Rosalina is never tied or said to be tied to that entity whatsoever in any kind of way during the game , because she barely appears in SMG2.

This has never been adressed , Mario does not even recognize her as Rosalina and there´s nothing to support they are in fact the exact same person when the CS is not even a person and she is pretty much like the other cosmic entities that take some form , in this case Rosalina´s

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Cosmic Spirit is Rosalina.

The cosmic clones of Mario and Luigi are completely made out of cosmic matter - even their hats. They also distinctly act as their opposites, and they have warped, distorted voices.

The Cosmic Spirit has Rosalina's genuine wand, broach, and crown, something we don't see from other cosmic beings/clones. It also has the exact same voice and mannerisms as Rosalina, to the tee. Her being Rosalina is also WHY she helps Mario too. Otherwise, it doesn't add up as to why she would help when every other cosmic being is mischievous, especially if you assume it came from the same source as other cosmic clones.

And the fact Rosalina appears at the end of the game and beyond only makes it more apparent it's supposed to be her. The existence of this Cosmic Spirit form is supposed to be an (rather cheap) attempt at teasing as to whether or not Rosalina is actually in the game. The instruction book also refers to the Cosmic Spirit as "her", meaning it has a gender identity, which it wouldn't if it was just chaotic matter taking a form on it's own. All of these things point towards the Cosmic Spirit being Rosalina in some form - whether it's a literal clone Rosalina creates, or a form of "astral projection" is unclear, but it is Rosalina one way or the other.

Also, you can't tell anyone "not to use headcanons" when you're trying to use Soul Calibur logic to explain Mario lore, lol.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
The Cosmic Spirit is Rosalina.

The cosmic clones of Mario and Luigi are completely made out of cosmic matter - even their hats. They also distinctly act as their opposites, and they have warped, distorted voices.

The Cosmic Spirit has Rosalina's genuine wand, broach, and crown, something we don't see from other cosmic beings/clones. It also has the exact same voice and mannerisms as Rosalina, to the tee. Her being Rosalina is also WHY she helps Mario too. Otherwise, it doesn't add up as to why she would help when every other cosmic being is mischievous, especially if you assume it came from the same source as other cosmic clones.

And the fact Rosalina appears at the end of the game and beyond only makes it more apparent it's supposed to be her. The existence of this Cosmic Spirit form is supposed to be an (rather cheap) attempt at teasing as to whether or not Rosalina is actually in the game. The instruction book also refers to the Cosmic Spirit as "her", meaning it has a gender identity, which it wouldn't if it was just chaotic matter taking a form on it's own. All of these things point towards the Cosmic Spirit being Rosalina in some form - whether it's a literal clone Rosalina creates, or a form of "astral projection" is unclear, but it is Rosalina one way or the other.
Wow, you already explained it before I posted my explanations. I guess we won't be needing this(?)

You say that as the Cosmic Spirit and Rosalina are two different characters, but when in the game, it was shown that the Cosmic Spirit literally speaks like Rosalina unlike Cosmic Mario and Cosmic Luigi. You can say that it's not confirmed that Rosalina and the Cosmic Spirit are linked to each other, although they likely are due to being capable of fruitful assistance, but it is also not confirmed that they are two separate characters.

Cosmic Spirit ties to Rosalina because she takes her body, and serves the function of an "assisting witch" similarly to what Rosalina did in the prequel. But this time, she guides Mario through the stages you'd have difficulties with, similar to the golden tanooki leaf in the 3D Mario titles. I know Rosalina's actual form is not literally there, but all the Cosmic Spirit does is guide you and help you in exchange for the outcome of the reward. We all know Rosalina's already in the game, since she sends letter to the Baby Luma frequently. The Cosmic Spirit is different from Mario and Luigi, and they don't look too similar too seeing how Rosalina still has her jewelry and wand.

The point I am trying to make is that the Cosmic Spirit is tied to Rosalina, and they essentially carry same traits and function.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
First of all none of this is really confirmed , so it´s techinically all on your part.

Sorry to break it for you but as long as it remains unconfirmed and not literally part of what the game is , then it´s just your headcanon.

For the Soul Calibur part , is a pretty close example to this situation in the actual storyline. I honestly will take it as you dont know what you are saying in here because that´s literally what happened in the most recent main canon game of that series.

Trying to invalidate a point without elaborating is so cute , but pointless because it does not work at all.

i think it´s beyond obvious they are not going to refer to something that clearly resembles a female as an ´´it´´ , the only instance they have ever done this is one time with Birdo and that´s because the whole gender thing.

Lastly , all this talk is super fun but the end its the same.

Its not official , not confirmed and thus all tied in your personal views , not with the actual game.

I mean by all this fault logic of many of you , then we can also start calling Rosalina a princess since the amount of so called evidence based on pure assumptions is the same as saying she is literally the cosmic spirit.

But i guess , as usual , some loooooove to nitpick till the end when its about what they like to hear and when something they dont like at all comes in , they ignore it.

In this case , the game does not say it , the booklet doesnt either , Rosalina doesnt either , Mario doesnt either, nobody involved in the game as far as we know do not say anything about it either.

The power of assumptions.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's confirmed based on logic and criteria set within the game.

As someone else also pointed out, it was clearly shown and explained that the Cosmic clones take the form of nearby life forms.

If you assume Cosmic Spirit is just a generic Cosmic clone, then you have to come up with an explanation as to how it takes Rosalina's form when she is nowhere nearby. But you can't because there is none, as the logic for the Cosmic clones stays the same between games. This automatically means the Cosmic Spirit cannot be a standard Cosmic clone, because she defies the logic of them.

The only explanation left, logically, is that she is indeed Rosalina, based on everything else we know about the entity. I am not using any assumptions, just pure logic.

And the Soul Calibur stuff still means nothing because it's a completely different universe with a completely different set of rules and narrative context. It has no relevance here.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Don't turn this into a big argument, it just depends on your own point of view and both of those views are possible as its never stated what the origin of the cosmic is never outright stated.

For example, my point of view is that the Cosmic Spirit was created by Rosalina to aid Mario and Luma from a distance while she tries to fend off Bowser. Nothing disproves my theory, but nothing really proves it either.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Ignoring the irrelevant...

Recently i found a new video of Sports Super Stars. The only thing i could get from there is that they are indeed reusing animations in The golf part, and for the tennis part they are reusing Open voices , based on Peach gameplay.

I wonder if they would apply this to Rosalina too, which would mean she will reuse her animations from Golf and thus wear her dress in that sport.

That would not be a big stretch considering that Peach herself is allowed to change outfits (dress in tennis , shorts in everything else)

So Rosalina could change to her dress for golf and in all the other sports use her tennis outfit.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I found a fanart of Rosalina and her Lumas on DeviantArt.

(Source)

Just looking at Rosalina as such a loving, motherly person makes her such a unique character, aside from her divine powers to manipulate the universe and other powerful capabilities. This reminds me of Luma in the storybook telling Rosalina "And don't be sad about your mama, because she's a part of you! That means she's always close by!". Not only does the way Rosalina behave, but protects and care for her Lumas and the universe really shows that her mother is a part of Rosalina.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Ignoring the irrelevant...

Recently i found a new video of Sports Super Stars. The only thing i could get from there is that they are indeed reusing animations in The golf part, and for the tennis part they are reusing Open voices , based on Peach gameplay.

I wonder if they would apply this to Rosalina too, which would mean she will reuse her animations from Golf and thus wear her dress in that sport.

That would not be a big stretch considering that Peach herself is allowed to change outfits (dress in tennis , shorts in everything else)

So Rosalina could change to her dress for golf and in all the other sports use her tennis outfit.
Hmm, I'm not sure what I think of that.

On one hand, I adore Rosalina in Mario Golf, it one of her best depictions since her debut. And I prefer her dress over the sports outfit.

But the other hand, If she was in her sports outfit, then she would have new animations. And I love animations in Mario Golf.

Doesn't matter really, At least I'll get to see some snazzy animations for Baby Mario.

Do you a link to the video?

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
This was the one recently posted.

Honestly i have not seen that video anywhere else.

As you can see Daisy still has her World Tour animations and uses her sport dress in that sport.

Meanwhile Peach plays tennis and her voice set is taken from Mario Tennis Open.

This makes me wonder 2 things , just out of curiosity.

A) Will Rosalina have her animations of WT? Chances are that is correct , since we see that others have the same animations.

B) Peach has an outdated voice set , so will Rosalina gain her WT voice back?

The second point is very unlikely , but you never know!

Im basing this on the fact that they are reusing many things, However Nintendo clearly makes Rosalina an exception on the voice deparment as proven in Star Rush , all the characters have similar voice sets to MP10 meanwhile most of Rosalinas sounds are from MK8 , which does not match the other characters.

I can only hope. If not , its perfectly fine , but i can still hope. After Smash reusing Kerri Kane´s voice in 2014 , i still can have hope.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
^ More like robo-cop mama.

Okay, so I was just on Youtube searching for some Rosalina videos. I apparently came across a video titled "[MMD] Rosalina doing WORK" and it features Rosalina wearing her leotard and doing some dancing (not really) to the music Work by Rihanna ft. Drake. Ironically, you'd see Rosalina doing something completely OoC, but it's MMD and they do whatever.

I swear, this had to happen once they ripped the model out from Rio Olympic. I won't post it here, because it's probably too inappropriate to use, so here's a pic instead.

Mysterious....jpg

EDIT: Speaking of Rosalina in her leotard, here's the video of her Rio Smash mod imported into Smash.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
^ More like robo-cop mama.

Okay, so I was just on Youtube searching for some Rosalina videos. I apparently came across a video titled "[MMD] Rosalina doing WORK" and it features Rosalina wearing her leotard and doing some dancing (not really) to the music Work by Rihanna ft. Drake. Ironically, you'd see Rosalina doing something completely OoC, but it's MMD and they do whatever.

I swear, this had to happen once they ripped the model out from Rio Olympic. I won't post it here, because it's probably too inappropriate to use, so here's a pic instead.

View attachment 125069

EDIT: Speaking of Rosalina in her leotard, here's the video of her Rio Smash mod imported into Smash.

Oh my god. I need to mod my game once again ASAP, I love it!

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
She looks surprisingly good.

I think the animations blend fine , but you can tell her idle pose was meant for a long dress.

When Rosalina floats with the leotard or the tennis dress in their respective games , her floating animation is very different to the one she has when wearing her normal dress. She has her legs closer together when having a shorter attire.

Closed legs , in a femenine way.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Why the hell didn't I get any goddamn notification from this thread? Makes me wanna smack someone in the head.

View attachment 125069
For some reason, I really like how this pic turned out.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
There's another video from GT explaining Super Mario Galaxy's physic. I don't know if it's just me or does it seem very simple to say that Rosalina controls the universe, determining the mass of each planets, stars, and blackholes, as well as choosing how gravity applies. The Mario universe functions differently from real life, but this video applies it to our situation.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There's another video from GT explaining Super Mario Galaxy's physic. I don't know if it's just me or does it seem very simple to say that Rosalina controls the universe, determining the mass of each planets, stars, and blackholes, as well as choosing how gravity applies. The Mario universe functions differently from real life, but this video applies it to our situation.

They pretty much ripped that off a university project from a few years back that essentially did the same thing but better.

But yeah, I've always used that university project as a pretty defining reason why "you shouldn't try to apply real world logic to Mario that much".

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
To start a conversation, what do you guys think of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

The excitement is getting harder to contain each day, I think it might be giving me anxiety issues. I'm going to name my first horse Phar Lap (if you don't know the name, please look it up) I was about to say I don't know what to do after I get off the plateau but typing this I decided I'd cross the bridge and see where that takes me.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
IMHO Breath of the Wild looks absolutely amazing. I can't wait to play it. Unfortunately I'll not buy the Switch on launch and I don't have plans to do it yet so I will play the game on my Wii U. Considering that Zelda U was one of the reason I bought the console on the first place, this seems reasonable :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So some new promotional material for Mario Sports Superstars came out and LOOK...

There was a problem fetching the tweet

She wears BLACK tights now!

Also, sports skirt is confirmed for the soccer game.

Last edited:

MaJoR MuCuS

Smash Apprentice
So some new promotional material for Mario Sports Superstars came out and LOOK...

She wears BLACK tights now!

Also, sports skirt is confirmed for the soccer game.

Nice. I actually expected her to wear shorts while playing Football/Soccer. I just hope she's wearing her normal dress during Golf.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
To start a conversation, what do you guys think of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

The excitement is getting harder to contain each day, I think it might be giving me anxiety issues. I'm going to name my first horse Phar Lap (if you don't know the name, please look it up) I was about to say I don't know what to do after I get off the plateau but typing this I decided I'd cross the bridge and see where that takes me.
No doubt Breath of the Wild looks amazing. With only about 35 days remaining until it comes out, I'm definitely very excited for it. Been waiting for years for this.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I highly doubt it now.

Unless they complete reuse her animations from WT , so far its 50/50

On one side the animations seem to be the same for all the characters that appeared in World Tour.

On the other , Rosalina has new animations , while playing soccer so theres always the possibility of Camelot making new ones to match her new attire.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Those stockings don't really look black, to me at least. They still appear white, but perhaps a darker shade to make it look more grayish. I do see a little black in the image where she kicks the soccer ball though. I can tell that I won't be getting the game, since I'm so over the 3DS, though it would be nice to hear some content including Rosalina.

At least we know so far, Rosalina is going to be in two impending games thus far of 2017. I'm hoping Super Mario Odyssey would include Rosalina, considering they did it with Super Mario 3D World so I don't see why not. Plus, the Dev team loves her.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Yeah , they are not literally ´´black´´ obviously but they are definetely darker than her previous ones.

Personally i prefer the ones in Ultra Smash more since they match her color scheme , darker ones kinda put all the attention in her legs because the color does not blend as well.

Maybe this color change was an efford for censorship or to differentiate even more her legs so its more noticeable she is wearing something underneath.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They are literal black tights. When black tights are worn against white skin, they take on a grey-ish brown appearance because the tights are see through. This is literally the exact same colour on Rosalina's tights here.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
We are not gonna argue about colors out of all things , seriously.

But Rosalina´s are clearly not. Her´s have a warm gray shade not ´´black´´. The image above is clearly not of the same color of Rosalina´s , they are much lighter than that image.

Guess we can only know 100% when the model is ripped and the textures tell off , im pretty sure the lighting of the game affects them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom