• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
There's also baseball to keep in mind. I've often looked at Rosalina as being very good with pitching and fielding, but characters with strong batting stats tend to do poorly with one of the two stats, if not both.

Well , the only thing i fear , and it's most likely true , is that Rosalina might not be the best runner of the bunch.

However , iirc stats are unique once again , so maybe she has a significant boost in some areas compared to Bowser at least , while probably sacrificing a bit of power.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I've been strongly considering getting into the Kingdom Hearts series for real. I only have the first one but haven't even started it yet. I have like five RPGs in my backlog so I'd prefer to get to it when I'm not in the middle of all that. From the way it looks, any games in the series that are in collections as stand-alones appear to be obsolete aside from collecting purposes. Unless there's anything in those versions that I would be otherwise missing out on. Here's to the eventual release of 3!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've been strongly considering getting into the Kingdom Hearts series for real. I only have the first one but haven't even started it yet. I have like five RPGs in my backlog so I'd prefer to get to it when I'm not in the middle of all that. From the way it looks, any games in the series that are in collections as stand-alones appear to be obsolete aside from collecting purposes. Unless there's anything in those versions that I would be otherwise missing out on. Here's to the eventual release of 3!
Best way to experience the series is with 1.5+2.5 HD ReMIX, which releases on PS4 in March. Then, when you are done with that, you buy 2.8, which just released, also on PS4. These two collections give you the entire series on one system.

There's also Unchained X, which is a mobile game. It does contain plot elements that are unique to it. But you can get by without it.

If nothing else though, play the first game. I consider it to be a masterpiece, and I feel the first game stands on it's own. The best way to experience it is in the upcoming HD collection for PS4.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Best way to experience the series is with 1.5+2.5 HD ReMIX, which releases on PS4 in March. Then, when you are done with that, you buy 2.8, which just released, also on PS4. These two collections give you the entire series on one system.

There's also Unchained X, which is a mobile game. It does contain plot elements that are unique to it. But you can get by without it.

If nothing else though, play the first game. I consider it to be a masterpiece, and I feel the first game stands on it's own. The best way to experience it is in the upcoming HD collection for PS4.
Doesn't look like Dream Drop Distance is included. And from what I can tell, 2.8 contains just the prologue of Birth by Sleep while 2.5 has the rest. If 2.8 in its own right is worth it too, I may as well get that too.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Doesn't look like Dream Drop Distance is included. And from what I can tell, 2.8 contains just the prologue of Birth by Sleep while 2.5 has the rest. If 2.8 in its own right is worth it too, I may as well get that too.
2.8 includes Dream Drop Distance HD.

The other game in 2.8 is not a prologue to Birth By Sleep. It's actually an epilogue to it. You should play BBS before playing it. It also serves as a prologue to KH3, leading directly into it. Similar to how MGSV: Ground Zeroes was a short prologue game to MGSV: The Phantom Pain to give you a taste of how it plays, "0.2 Birth By Sleep -A fragmentary passage-" is a short game that serves as a prologue to KH3, giving you a taste of how it plays and how it looks.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
My only experience I have with Kingdom Hearts is the dream drop demo, which I thought wasn't really anything special.

Of course, I have only ever owned Nintendo systems so I've never had much chance to play them.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
2.8 includes Dream Drop Distance HD.

The other game in 2.8 is not a prologue to Birth By Sleep. It's actually an epilogue to it. You should play BBS before playing it. It also serves as a prologue to KH3, leading directly into it. Similar to how MGSV: Ground Zeroes was a short prologue game to MGSV: The Phantom Pain to give you a taste of how it plays, "0.2 Birth By Sleep -A fragmentary passage-" is a short game that serves as a prologue to KH3, giving you a taste of how it plays and how it looks.
Okay, that clears things up better. Thanks for the help.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Let's talk about Zelda OMFG HYPEHYPESWITCHHYPE NEW NINTENDO HYPE HYPE LINK CALAMITY GANON GORONS ZORA KOROK RITO ITS HUUUUUGE THE WORLD I LOVE IT ITS GORGEOUS HYPE CANT BE CONTAINED!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I pre-ordered the Switch version because of I found a discount on it but I won't be be getting the Switch until later on in the year. So I can wait on Zelda, I have other games to play and stuff to do.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm not getting the Switch anytime soon so I'll be getting Breath of the Wild for the Wii U instead. Hoping to hear more about the Switch between now and March 3rd before I even consider wasting my money on it at launch. Otherwise, I'll just stick with my Wii U.

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Well, after a very difficult wait period of roughly 30 days, my :rosalina: amiibo hath arrived. It'll be my lucky charm (and I ain't talkin' corn flakes). Before I start launching into that certain rap song, just thought I'd drop by and show it off alongside my other ones...

I now feel like a part of the family. I'd sing the chorus of Sister Sledge's We Are Family to celebrate, but I won't. I'm just going to savor the fact I got my hands on arguably the rarest amiibo. I'll tell y'all sugar pies something: the shoestring-budget price on Japanese imports makes 'em worth buying. :)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ran into some top tier fanart on Twitter.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
A friend spotted one of Rosalina's amiibo cards in this new screenshot of Sports Superstars.

In the bottom , she is seen in her MP10 render , in what it looks like her Golf Amiibo card.

This strongly supports Rosalina will be using her dress and animations of World Tour ,as expected. It is also worth nothing that this artworks matches the claim as well because she has her wand , which she also uses in golf.

MaJoR MuCuS

Smash Apprentice
A friend spotted one of Rosalina's amiibo cards in this new screenshot of Sports Superstars.

In the bottom , she is seen in her MP10 render , in what it looks like her Golf Amiibo card.

This strongly supports Rosalina will be using her dress and animations of World Tour ,as expected. It is also worth nothing that this artworks matches the claim as well because she has her wand , which she also uses in golf.
I love the way she plays Golf with her wand and in her normal dress, it's just so perfect. So I'm glad they've not changed it.

Last edited:

MaJoR MuCuS

Smash Apprentice
Rosalina golfing the same as Wold Tour confirmed. So glad for this.

Couple more Football/Soccer shots.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
It's nice to know that she's not DLC this time, though even if she is, she'd still be worth the money. It's also satisfying to know that she will get the same animation as well, considering that World Tour was the closest to Galaxy due to her interactions with the Lumas and cutscenes. I'm not sure whether or not they'll change it up a little bit, but I can tell it would be similar. This would probably be better considering Rosalina would get even more animations in Superstars, due to the multiple additions of sports. Rosalina being teamed with Daisy, so that means Rosalina X Daisy confirmed

You could find the pictures here.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
First of all, Nintendo still thinks Metal Mario is good idea, it's not. Very disappointing choice on a roster looking so good.

Second of all, they have Rosalina against Baby Mario, my two favourite characters in the game against each other, I'm not sure who I'd want to see win, probably Baby Mario because a baby beating a celestial being would be hilarious.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
It'll likely be a 3DS version of Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash.

Second of all, they have Rosalina against Baby Mario, my two favourite characters in the game against each other, I'm not sure who I'd want to see win, probably Baby Mario because a baby beating a celestial being would be hilarious.
Of course, cause a mother can't take all the glory away from a child. She'd have to be fair!

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I used to think this all the time, and now I remember. Do you ever wonder if Rosalina wears the same dress all the time, or does she has multiple dresses each time, and that are her other outfits canon or non-canon?

Sometimes, Rosalina's dress can hold differences... Like some changes in colors, and in shape as well, compared to many official artwork, I don't think it'll be too difficult to notice. For a few examples, with her 3D World artwork and MP10 having different sizes of the slits, as well as her 3D World artwork and Galaxy artwork being different compared to MP10 and Ultra Smash. It's hard to tell for her Olympic artwork, considering that it has colors somewhat similiar to Smash, though that's more noticeably different along with her sport dress, biker suit, and leotard.

There's also the change in dress sizing, though it would normally come with her sizing inconsistency. Like a game showing her dress to be a little shorter, and the other games showing her dress to be longer.

I also wonder if there would be any game that Rosalina will recieve a new outfit, and my guess would be the winter olympics.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't really care if Rosalina wears the same dress or have multiple dresses of the same type just as long as she looks as elegant, graceful, beautiful, lovely and full of pure light.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't really care if Rosalina wears the same dress or have multiple dresses of the same type just as long as she looks as elegant, graceful, beautiful, lovely and full of pure light.
Her dress in Smash Bros is probably the best.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Speaking of Rosalina's Olympic outfit, here's something that I managed to set up...

RosalinaUpdate1.png

Want to make Rosalina look more appealing with her Olympic outfit? Give her a set of high heeled shoes. The Rosalina model is obviously Nintendo's property, while the shoes were made by DeviantArt user, iRon0129.

The shoes aren't exactly a perfect fit though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Nice ,but if you give her flat shoes and stocking textures then you would have a Ballerina outfit , which would be even better in my opinion.
It's supposed to reference a drawing that I came across, where Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina are wearing their gymnastics outfits, while also wearing high heeled shoes.

But again, the shoes aren't a perfect fit, mostly due to the way Rosalina's model was created, and the way her feet vertices were set up with the ankle bones; it's definitely not a TDA model if you look at the various MMD model images at DeviantArt.

I should also mention that I'm still a bit new to MMD model editing, as I've had to sometimes remove unneeded bones when adding models. Adding shoes (especially high heels) onto barefoot models is not as easy as it looks if you don't study the tutorials thoroughly, and even then, the results might not always be what you want.

Last edited:

MaJoR MuCuS

Smash Apprentice
I really loved how Rosalina sounded in World Tour and you know what I'm dreading how Laura's Rosalina will be.

Anyone else?

Speaking of Rosalina's Olympic outfit, here's something that I managed to set up...

View attachment 126004

Want to make Rosalina look more appealing with her Olympic outfit? Give her a set of high heeled shoes. The Rosalina model is obviously Nintendo's property, while the shoes were made by DeviantArt user, iRon0129.

The shoes aren't exactly a perfect fit though.
I'm liking what I'm seeing. Any chance you could try puting the heels onto her sports dress model?

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Well there are 3 possible scenarios for that:

Perfect:
Nintendo has a change of heart and keeps Kerri Kane's voice for Rosalina in this installment.

Ok:
Nintendo uses Laura F. Smith recordings but they don't put any annoying or out place sounds.

Horrible:
Nintendo uses Rosalina's Mario Kart 8 clips.

I would like to assume the very first option is correct considering there's a lot of reused SFX in this game , namely from World Tour and Mario Tennis Open , and this includes voices.

However , since Nintendo has proven infinite incompetence in this particular area , the Last option is the most likely.

At this point i just hope the game's sound data files are uncompressed so if Rosalina has unfitting sounds , i would be able to change them back.

Also another hint that it might be Kerri Kane this time again , is that Rosalina has her World Tour animations. Camelot already arranged Kerri's voice to match the animations , when Rosalina laughts or says Wooo.

Laura , so far has no clips with Rosalina's trademark giggling like Kerri or Mercedes , so if it's her they would need to have new clips to match Kerri's former ones.

And since i know they do not put this much detail into this , they would go with the easiest route and reuse Kerri's.

I hope im right on that.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm fairly certain you can hear Laura's voice in early clips for the game, though I could be misremembering.

I feel like she is just the current voice for Rosalina and that's it.

Smash and World Tour just had Kerri's voice because they likely started development before Laura became Rosalina's voice. I know this is definitely the case with Smash, and that Rosalina was one of the first new characters put in the game. It's not uncommon for characters to have two different voice actors in different projects releasing around the same time. There's going to be a "transitional period" if the character appears in a lot of stuff at once. Which was what happened with Rosalina between 2013-2014. Since then, it's always been Laura in every game because that transitional period has ended.

I remember a similar thing happened with the Sonic cast for a while, around the 2004-2005 era. Some products still had the Sonic Adventure cast, while others had the 4Kids cast. After Shadow the Hedgehog came out, the transitional period was over and we saw the 4Kids cast play the Sonic characters up until 2010.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Actually that's not really the case , and this is debunked by the following.

For Starters , World Tour was released the same month of Mario Kart 8.

Mario Kart 8 features a new set of clips for Rosalina by Laura Faye Smith , there's no 3D World voice clips in this game.

Footage of Rosalina voiced by Laura already existed way before the release month , which means voices were recorded way earlier ,which makes sense since it's usually that way with videogames.

This means , they could have used Laura in World Tour without problems but they ultimately gave it to Kerri Kane.

Even more , Laura as Rosalina debuted in 3D World which was in 2013.

They could have EASILY used those clips if for some reason the MK8 ones were not recorded by the time , which is unlikely.

The development argument does not really apply here either because Rosalina is not even in the base game , she was released later , giving them even more time to include the voice they wanted.

But , again they decided to use Kerri's voice.

During Smash , Rosalina was one of the first characters revealed , and in her trailer only Luma has a voice. She is silent.

However , it's they gave it to Kerri Kane again , which was highly likely a Development desicion , considering other newcomers have BRAND NEW voices.

This includes Palutena , Lucina , Robin , Corrin , Bayonetta , Ryu and etc.

Rosalina along with Jr are the only newcomers that do not have a voice for Smash , they have one reused from older games.

Further more , veterans like Kirby , Fox and Pit have NEW recorded voices. Hightlights on Pit because he changed voice actors , same goes with Sonic , his voice changed from Brawl to Wii U.

Rosalina , by this time , already changed voices , and yet they gave it to Kerri Kane instead of either using existing clips from Laura or having her record new Rosalina lines for Smash , like Sam Kelly did for Peach in Brawl because Jen Taylor was replaced by her.

All of this heavily implies this was a development desicion aka they prefered one over the other, not because they didn't have the clips.

And while Laura has been consistent during these past games , Kerri's voice is still featured as Rosalina in the Super Mario Line Stickers , which was way after Laura sticked around.

Lastly , Rosalina has been mute in her very few video appearences in the Sports SuperStars trailers.

They have only showcased Other characters , and they use their World Tour and Mario Tennis Open voices , which gives the vibe Rosalina will get her old voice too.

Im curious to find out.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A few things:

-Two games being released in the same month is not reflective of their development schedules. Furthermore, Camelot developed World Tour, so they wouldn't have access to brand new voice clips as soon as Nintendo EAD.

-Rosalina may have been silent in the trailer for Smash, but she wasn't in the E3 demo. Also, in all of the Smash newcomer trailers, the voice clips are added in post production, they aren't clips from the game. You couldn't hear in-game clips for many characters because of this (like Greninja). Those Luma sounds were thrown-in post production for the trailers. They likely were using Kerri's voice for a while at this point, and never saw a need to change it.

-Laura's voice clips were probably recorded extremely late in 3D World's development, because Rosalina herself was a fairly late addition to the game (according to the Iwata Asks).

-The LINE sticker doesn't count for much. It's just a cheaply made sticker for a phone app intended for Japanese only audiences, they probably just took the first fitting voice clip from their sound archives for the animation that they could find, and didn't care much for who it came from. It's not like the stickers even have VA credits so only die hards will notice which VA it's from anyway. I think you're overestimating the thought they would put into it.

As far as I'm concerned, Laura has consistently been doing Rosalina for the past few titles, so it seems like she's the current, official VA for the character. There is no way they would switch back to Kerri this late in the game for a major release (and if they do then I'll be baffled). I simply view 2014 as a transitional period for her as far as VA is concerned.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
All right but ,

1- The point i was trying to give here is that the clips for MK8 already existed by the time WT was released , and since Rosalina was added later they could have easily used them and not Kerri's.

* Also they DO have access as seen in Ultra Smash , developed by Camelot and they used Rosalina's MK8 voice.

2- The point was not the trailer itself , Rosalina being silent because they were deciding which actress would portray her is unknown. However , at the point she was playable in demos Laura already took over and clips of her existed. And yet , they still used Kerri and sticked with that.

Let's not forget Kerri has stated she recorded way more clips than you hear in both MK7 and MGWT.

Proven by the fact that she provided KO sounds in Smash that were not present in any previous game (not the Star KO)

So what is likely here is that they just wanted her voice in this game.

3- While i do agree it's not that important , it's funny you say im ''overestimating'' it while you are totally underestimating it , judging by how you express yourself in this part.

Big or small , they still used Kerri Kane's voice.

4- Laura has been consistent , or better, Nintendo has been since they have used the same voice actress for a while now.

However , we never know with them. It's not like they have been super consistent with Rosalina lately , just like how the credits were mistaken in many games.

The only thing i care about this topic ,is that as i said , i hope the sound data is not compressed or hidden so if i see the need to change her voice , i would do it.

For me , not for others. As everybody can decide if they like what they hear or not and in my personal case , i DO NOT appreaciate Rosalina's MK8 voice whasoever , so i change it to anything else i see better to me.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
* Also they DO have access as seen in Ultra Smash , developed by Camelot and they used Rosalina's MK8 voice.
Yeah, that game came out ages after. Doesn't mean they had access during World Tour's development.

I also forgot to note that Rosalina being DLC for World Tour doesn't mean she wasn't made until after the game's release. She may have been developed before the game released, but Nintendo then decided they wanted a Season Pass model for the game, and decided to make Rosalina a part of it. We can't say either way but I don't think it's much of a basis for anything. She was still released during the transitional period either way.

This isn't even really about which voice is better (I like all three the same myself, they all have good and bad points in equal spades), but I just don't think it's realistic to expect anyone other than Laura for this game. She's already been the voice for Rosalina in four titles in a row at this point, if memory serves, without any breaks. If she isn't the voice for Rosalina in the upcoming game, then it's more likely it'd be a new actress entirely than Mercedes or Kerri.

MaJoR MuCuS

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, Rosalina's tennis outfit model does not have any bare feet polygons.
Shame you can't take the shoes from one of her other models.

Well there are 3 possible scenarios for that:

Perfect:
Nintendo has a change of heart and keeps Kerri Kane's voice for Rosalina in this installment.

Ok:
Nintendo uses Laura F. Smith recordings but they don't put any annoying or out place sounds.

Horrible:
Nintendo uses Rosalina's Mario Kart 8 clips.

I would like to assume the very first option is correct considering there's a lot of reused SFX in this game , namely from World Tour and Mario Tennis Open , and this includes voices.

However , since Nintendo has proven infinite incompetence in this particular area , the Last option is the most likely.

At this point i just hope the game's sound data files are uncompressed so if Rosalina has unfitting sounds , i would be able to change them back.

Also another hint that it might be Kerri Kane this time again , is that Rosalina has her World Tour animations. Camelot already arranged Kerri's voice to match the animations , when Rosalina laughts or says Wooo.

Laura , so far has no clips with Rosalina's trademark giggling like Kerri or Mercedes , so if it's her they would need to have new clips to match Kerri's former ones.

And since i know they do not put this much detail into this , they would go with the easiest route and reuse Kerri's.

I hope im right on that.
I hope you are right. I really want it to be Kerri.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Not really , even if it wasn't on MK8 , 3D World still came out way before World Tour. Laura's clips for the 2013 game already existed with a considerable time gap , thus the ''ages ago'' argument is not fitting.

There's no really an excuse here other than they just used what they wanted.

For the World Tour release , no matter what , they still had more time. That's the point in here. She was even the last character on the season pass.

Lastly , i get that's not the whole point of the discussion , but something i threw in there as my personal view on the matter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom