• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Rosalina General/Social Thread: 2nd Edition

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
It could have a different meaning to it though... But I won't talk about that here since it would break the rules. It could also reference the fact that Rosalina's control over gravity and can basically place her legs anyplace she wants. Or it's just the little things that show you how different she is from Peach and Daisy.

Now I'm not sure if anyone heard about this, but there's a set of Mario Trump Cards. Rosalina is the Clubs Queens, though I wonder what this means.

Here's a closer look at Rosalina's card.

Oh, sweet pizza! Those cards are off the hook! I have got to figure out where to get those. Solitaire will never be the same again...

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It could have a different meaning to it though... But I won't talk about that here since it would break the rules. It could also reference the fact that Rosalina's control over gravity and can basically place her legs anyplace she wants. Or it's just the little things that show you how different she is from Peach and Daisy.

Now I'm not sure if anyone heard about this, but there's a set of Mario Trump Cards. Rosalina is the Clubs Queens, though I wonder what this means.

Here's a closer look at Rosalina's card.

Playing Poker or other card games won't be the same if I had those.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I have successfuly extracted Rosalina's voice clips from Star Rush.

This is the only one i don't like because it sounds very weird.

https://a.pomf.cat/tbrusg.wav

Is like she tries to say ''owww'' but then stops trying and she is like ''meh''.

I mean it's not as bad as i thought it was , but it's a very weird sound regardless.

It sounds way more exaggerated in the game , maybe because of the other sfx.

Anyway, now im trying to find a way to replace that and some other ''unfitting'' sounds.

Still keeping Laura's voice for now btw , i will experiment with Kerri and Mercedes later on.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have successfuly extracted Rosalina's voice clips from Star Rush.

This is the only one i don't like because it sounds very weird.

https://a.pomf.cat/tbrusg.wav

Is like she tries to say ''owww'' but then stops trying and she is like ''meh''.

I mean it's not as bad as i thought it was , but it's a very weird sound regardless.

It sounds way more exaggerated in the game , maybe because of the other sfx.

Anyway, now im trying to find a way to replace that and some other ''unfitting'' sounds.

Still keeping Laura's voice for now btw , i will experiment with Kerri and Mercedes later on.
The link does not appear to be doing anything.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Odd. It was working for me yesterday when I clicked it. That did indeed sound weird, and if I may, hilarious as well. Where in Star Rush does she make that sound, I'm curious.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
That's because pomfcat is stupid.

Anyway , this one.

http://s1.vocaroo.com/media/download_temp/Vocaroo_s1aZW0YD1aD5.mp3

Very weird sound.

Here are all of them

And lastly it is possible to REPLACE them all.

I have replaced that weird scream with Rosalina's falling scream from MP10 and almost all her voice clips , currently just using Laura's voice with echo.

Maybe next month , i'll do a set for Mercedes and Kerri as well.

Odd. It was working for me yesterday when I clicked it. That did indeed sound weird, and if I may, hilarious as well. Where in Star Rush does she make that sound, I'm curious.
That's when she gets ''blown away'' or falls of the stage.

I never liked that sound.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I actually think that clip sounds pretty fitting.

Not too over the top like some from the past sound, it's more subdued.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
It seems that nowadays, her voice clips sounds full of life and spirit. I don't understand how one would label that as monotone. Maybe it's just my hearing, but Rosalina's starting to sound younger compared to her previous game titles. Almost like the child she was in the Storybook.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It seems that nowadays, her voice clips sounds full of life and spirit. I don't understand how one would label that as monotone. Maybe it's just my hearing, but Rosalina's starting to sound younger compared to her previous game titles. Almost like the child she was in the Storybook.
They've always been full of life.

Monotone doesn't necessarily mean devoid of life.

And this is still way more toned down than a lot of the clips Mercedes Rose had in MK Wii.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
i thought it was painfuly obvious that Rosalina sounds half her physical age ever since 2013 (?)

Anyway , as long as there's always a way to replace that (and there is) then im good to go.

The general problem with her current voice will always be the simple fact that Laura does what Kerri or Mercedes did not , she sounds so girly it hurts.

With that i mean , she sounds very very very very Cute. And while that is not bad thing for most , it certainly is for Rosalina because she ends up sounding annoyingly similar to Peach , and not even Daisy is this way because Daisy while having a high voice too , screams more and adds a different vibe in here tone.

Each character has a certain special thing in their voice that you easily notice so you can tell who is who. This is very much needed to Martinet's and Kelly's character's so they can be different.

Mario= High voice
Luigi= Medium voice
Wario= Low voice
Waluigi= Nasal voice

Toad= Raspy voice
Toadette= Slighly raspy voice , but clearer and girlier than Toad's

They all have that difference that makes them unique.

For Peach , she is soft spoken , girly and has a very cute tone in her voice

Daisy is more lively and loud than Peach , she certainly displays more energy in her voice than Peach

Rosalina is SUPPOUSED to make a break in all of this.

Her voice was calm , serene , deep and mature. Plus she had an echo , which differentiate her voice even more.
Mercedes and Kerri voiced Rosalina this way , with Kerri just adding more energy to what Mercedes did.

Laura in exchange sounds fun , cute , lively and soft spoken ... kinda like well , Peach.

So there's no more uniqueness in that , and it's bothersome to an extend. It's way harder to tell Rosalina is the ''mature'' one just by her current voice ; you have to check her bios to have a clue or be familiar with her Pre-2013

But the thing that really bothers me to no end is not the fact that Laura is voicing Rosalina , is that fact that she is PERFECTLY CAPABLE of doing great , and Nintendo refuses to let her.

Nintendo always picks Rosalina's MK8 voice which is a joke compared to her 3DWorld voice.

Laura also has PLENTY of lines in which she makes Rosalina sound like a full grown woman instead of a girly girl , but Nintendo NEVER picks these lines anymore , and instead has Rosalina yelling Weeee and Yahooo.

That's the thing i cannot stand whatsoever.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It's been I think over a Year since I posted last and you still remember my real name?

You don't happen to have a secret shrine with my face surrounding a sacrificial bowl:troll:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Maybe, maybe not. :awesome:
Haha, it's nice to be back. The reason for my sabbatical is because I finished School and my 3DS and very poor internet doesn't like this site, it wouldn't load properly.

But now, I have my own Phone, and a good phone too. Although the reception where I live sucks, It seems that Smashboards loads well enough but it does seem to use my data more than I like so I'll need to limit myself.

So what big things have I missed? Which Rosalina amiibo do you guys prefer? I only have the Smash one at the moment. How's Rosalina in Star Rush? Anything else I miss?

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Well , i can comment on Star Rush.

I must say i enjoy the game for many reasons , and i love Rosalina in that game.

it's very fun to beat the CPU in different modes as her.

On the same game , i recently was able to extract the sfx along with character voices , so now i have Rosalina's voice clips from that game.

And what's better, i was able to replace her voice files to suit my taste even more , just added some different lines from Laura and the filter that Rosalina always had.

And now the game is 102% perfect for me , very fun indeed.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
The final hour before the presentation.

It all comes down to this. When we find out if all these droughts were worth it. What games will be announced. What the price will be. Hopefully other questions will be answered. Will it be region free? Will it have a revamped, streamlined virtual console? Will Metroid and F-Zero be hinted at? This presentation, at the very least, will put all these rumors and the speculation to bed at last. I hope you all get to see what you have been anticipating. Good luck, and may the stars shine down on you.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm not expecting anything Smash Bros. related. We'll probably get some more Breath of the Wild information, along with details for some other upcoming Nintendo Switch titles, such as Yooka-Laylee.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Mario & Sonic Guy, do you know what will happen here if Smash Switch is announced? We character discussion boards reopen? Are you still a moderator here?

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33

All I want is Rosalina to be in this game, then I'm complete. Plus, it makes sense too, not to mention we do see the moon a lot often and this is essentially a sandbox game where Mario leaves the Mushroom Kingdom. If she does get in, what do you guys think her role would be?

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Whelp, that was quite a show. Nintendo did a good job giving the Switch a more proper introduction answering a good amount of lingering questions. At last, we have ourselves the first region free Nintendo machine since the DS Lite! I felt a bit concerned about the $300 price point thinking maybe they could've trimmed it to $250 for more appeal, though full spec details haven't been mentioned. Also it looks like Nintendo is aiming to improve their online services greatly... at a cost. Why paid online anyway? Xbox Live and PSN are paid and look at those services. They're still not immune to hacks. Granted, PSN used to be free and was hacked a lot, but still. So I'd say that the paid online thing is the only thing shown there that truly sucks. Oh, and the battery life appears to be a toss-up, I guess.

And who did we have showing off most of the details about the system? Our man Yoshiaki Koizumi live on stage! The man responsible for creating the best thing to ever happen to the Mario franchise.:rosalina: He did a great job demonstrating the system and also showed us that he's got mad style too. When they got to the first two games, 1-2 Switch and ARMS, I just said "meh" to those. Thankfully, those two didn't waste too much time as we see some of the real juicy stuff they have to show.

• Splatoon 2 - OMFG yes! This is how a Splatoon sequel should be done! I'm already intrigued on how it takes place some time after the events of Splatoon 1 where the Inklings further develop in new ways to stay fresh. Dual wielding guns? Dodging and rolling around? Those moving rain clouds? Woomy!

• Super Mario Odyssey - Well, looks like we'll be having a very Nintendo holiday this year. And it is also confirmed that Koizumi is a producer again rather than a director. But from what we've seen so far, there should be no shortage of seeing his talent shine through. Also, Mario in the real world? What?! It's like Mario's Time Machine done right.

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Just... wow. I haven't played through either Xenoblade, but I do own them in my backlog. This just gives me such good feelings about how there's gonna be so much for me to explore in the Xenoblade universe I don't even know where to begin (besides with the original). I didn't think Monolith Soft would be back with something brand new so soon.

• Fire Emblem Warriors - I think this was hinted at or teased before, but it's neat to have a teaser put in the presentation. Hope it turns out great.

• Square Enix - Looking good so far. We have Dragon Quest 10 and 11 plus the surprise reveal of Dragon Quest Heroes 1 and 2. Perhaps these will lead to some Final Fantasy? Project Octopath Traveler looks neat too with a cool art style. That project name will be hard to remember.

• Sega and Atlus - We got to see a first look at the new Shin Megami Tensei, which is great. I'm just hoping we don't have to keep wondering about that game too often as it develops. Sonic Mania now will be coming to the Switch along with Project Sonic 2017 so we get to see that support coming from Sega. Good stuff. Also Puyo Puyo Tetris is coming, so that's another way to get into that little gem.

• Bethesda - Apparently it took them this long to "officially" confirm Skyrim coming out on the Switch. So I don't get what was up with them saying it wasn't before after the first teaser in October.

• Grasshopper and Suda51 - That translater though... He kinda just fell apart at that point. But hey, we get to see the return of Travis Touchdown again, so can't wait for that.

• EA - They talked about FIFA. Meh.

• Super Bomberman R - Looks cool, and I have been itching for a new Bomberman. Just one problem. It's Konami. I'd get this game, but, **** Konami.

• The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Definitely the best trailer for the game period. They didn't waste any time tip-toeing around the details leaving us to play the waiting game for once. And now we have a March 3rd date. Finally. And it's still coming to the Wii U, so I'm relieved.

• Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - I don't know how I feel about this one. It's Mario Kart 8 with some extra stuff instead of a new installment. Is it really enough to justify picking it up again? Will owners of the original get some kind of discount maybe with their NNID or something? Or at least transfer data? I mean, it's cool they fixed the flaws, but, why 8 again? I get they want the game to sell better on a more viable system, but I'm still a little confused especially with how it wasn't at the presentation.
Overall, it was a good presentation. I won't be getting the Switch at launch though as i never buy consoles at launch. But if they pump out enough stuff to get into early on, maybe I'll consider getting one for the holidays. Here's hoping this leads Nintendo down the right path to continue to improve.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I would rather have Kirby over Inklings in Mario Kart 8 deluxe.

Love the new battle mode. And Bowser Jr. Is back which is nice, Clown Car should be a Mario Kart staple. Dry Bones is meh, Battle tracks are awesome, glad gcn Luigi's Mansion track back.

Aside from the humans, I LOVE THE NEW MARIO GAME. Bowser looks cool.

And I have no words for Zelda, bloody hell that was awesome.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 should be great, especially if it's anything like the original. I hope we got lots of references to the the original game. I want to see Shulk again.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Well , we didnt exactly got a new game

This is literally MK8 Deluxe.

I think this is one of the games that i will get a year after release , since i already have everything i would want in MK8

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Are you still a moderator here?
You're kidding, right? I have not been a moderator for several months now; I do not have the Moderator banner on my account anymore. I lost that right after some incidents that I don't want to bring back up, and even if those incidents didn't occur, I was planning to resign from the moderator position in May 2016. I simply lost the position before I was ready to resign.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Just... wow. I haven't played through either Xenoblade, but I do own them in my backlog. This just gives me such good feelings about how there's gonna be so much for me to explore in the Xenoblade universe I don't even know where to begin (besides with the original). I didn't think Monolith Soft would be back with something brand new so soon.
One thing that got m attention was how new the character looks.
Some complain the "main character" looks dull, what do you guys think?
More anime-vibe huh?
Also Nopon confirmed, Xenoblade's Chocobo(Hope I spell that right...)

But man, this game I say is going to be great. The game I am most hyped, ever in this presentation.

Also this game too, surprise huh?

At least this game is better than Wii Sport's boxing huh?

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Come to think of it, what does the launch lineup really look like anyway? Zelda and those two tech-demo looking titles. Also, unless Mario Kart 8 Deluxe continues to get DLC, it looks like the game simply won't be for me. If it's sole purpose is to cater to those who missed out on that one particular game, I'll just wait for the next one. It's more than likely going to carry over the Deluxe additions even it's a brand new "9th" installment.

And this is as good a time as any to ask this again, but where exactly are the Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta amiibo? It's been almost a full year since the latter two came out as DLC.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
You're kidding, right? I have not been a moderator for several months now; I do not have the Moderator banner on my account anymore. I lost that right after some incidents that I don't want to bring back up, and even if those incidents didn't occur, I was planning to resign from the moderator position in May 2016. I simply lost the position before I was ready to resign.
I haven't been here for a very long time, I did notice the moderator banner was gone, which is why I asked.

Sorry you had to leave before you wanted to.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
The fact sheet of MK8D describes it as the ''Definitive'' version of MK8

Which tells me that DLC is out of question. What would be the point of making all of these things their own game just to have DLC later? Makes no sense.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
We also don't have information about the successor to the Nintendo eShop, especially considering that Miiverse is not coming back, and Nintendo Network never got mentioned during the presentation.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I'm actually glad they got rid of those things. And look... for now... no Miis... I hope it's the sign of their disappearance. Or just their decline of popularity would be enough.
The Menu of the Switch looks kinda bland, but... I don't know, I like it. If they make it a bit more lively, I would definitely love it.
Honestly, in the end, I like this console a lot. I can't wait to play it, especially that I know I'll be able to take it with me during the week as I'm never home.

MK8D's new playstyles comes from MK:DD and it betters the game tenfold, but I'm not sure it's worth the buy. (also the fact Rosalina was removed from the boxart!!! okay, I had never noticed her before but that's not reason! she better gets a new artwork somehow in this game. or be unlockable from the start. please.)
Zelda is an instant buy however, totally incredible and its latest trailer was amazing. It being a launch game makes the constant a day one buy to me.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm not too troubled about Rosalina not being on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's box art, since I'm not fond of her being paired with the Badwagon.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I was just kidding guys, that was perhaps the least important message of my post.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
At least she's in the actual game, so we won't have to worry about her inclusion. Although, as seeing this roster, and that this is essentially a remastered Mario Kart 8, Rosalina will be likely to get the same treatment as the last installment.

The least they could do is lower Rosalina's pitches and add echoes.

I'm more worried about Super Mario Odyssey, as to seeing whether or not she will be in that game.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
At least she's in the actual game, so we won't have to worry about her inclusion. Although, as seeing this roster, and that this is essentially a remastered Mario Kart 8, Rosalina will be likely to get the same treatment as the last installment.

The least they could do is lower Rosalina's pitches and add echoes.

I'm more worried about Super Mario Odyssey, as to seeing whether or not she will be in that game.
Depends on who's working on the game. In my opinion, Koizumi certainly already asked Miyamoto and he firmly refused, but if the team also worked on the Galaxies and 3D World, I'm sure they'll find a way to include her somehow, being a cameo like in Treasure Tracker or a "helper" like in Galaxy 2.
It also depends on the multiplayer, if multiplayer there is. If it includes more than two characters, she has her chance, but if it's limited to Mario and Luigi, I don't think so.
Koizumi's influence on the game development seems low compared to Galaxy where he was the game designer and director, but you know... he's still there... and if his team (apparently called 1-UP Studio?) followed him, anything is likely. And he was also producer in 3D World after all.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Oddisey is said to be like SM64 on the core. My guess is that they will focus on making it like previous adventures of Mario in which Peach is the victim and the most we would get is Luigi. Theres also focus on new enemies , so Rosalina is not for this game in my opinion.

I highly doubt we would see any Rosalina on the Switch early this year , besides MK8D.

Rosalina's next appearence is also set to be on 3DS , so i'm not really bothered whatsoever.

By the way Rosalina was not a helper in SMG2 , that was a cameo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom