• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The rolling cure

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
lol tbh, I learned that part of my problem was that the roll habit was sooo far beaten out of me, that I hardly used it when it was beneficial (especially against characters with enormous blindspots behind and laggy aerials that are meant to outrange you :p). So my problem was that I don' roll enough lol.
I'm in no way encouraging the abuse of it, but it is definitely a tool that you need to learn to use correctly.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
I........

Im weird lol. when i started out lucario i always rolled.
now i never roll period. its all shield or spotdodge.

where be the happy medium??

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Yeah I broke the habit. I had to first stop rolling all together(I obviously sucked). Then I slowed allowed my mind to relax back into why rolling is useful and when its not. Seems to be cured for now. :)

Yeah I broke the habit. I had to first stop rolling all together(I obviously sucked). Then I slowed allowed my mind to relax back into why rolling is useful and when its not. Seems to be cured for now. :)
Ive been working rolling out of my diet lately, it sorta feels like starting over **** better pay off ~_~ im just brushing up on computers first but then again this is my first time playing brawl alone in a loooong time

noradseven

Smash Lord
Wow you guys hate on roll too much, for lucario its a great tool that should be used...I do agree that many lucarios because lucario has such a good roll never learned how to properly use roll, and get punished for it.

I use rolls when I predict something and know he is going to be whiffing something, using rolls just out of nowhere or when your oppenent isn't going to attack is going to result in bad things. Its just another yomi layer to add to the game and keep your oppenent more wary.

-Ran

Smash Master
We had a Lucario main over here that had a rolling problem. We made it a communal effort to make him stop. Everytime he rolled, the match would stop and we'd laugh at him, and his opponent would get a free tilt/jab. After doing this for two weekends, he stopped rolling.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
We had a Lucario main over here that had a rolling problem. We made it a communal effort to make him stop. Everytime he rolled, the match would stop and we'd laugh at him, and his opponent would get a free tilt/jab. After doing this for two weekends, he stopped rolling.

This is probably the greatest idea ever.

Cracker

Smash Rookie
I roll away from my friends Ike... He is just too slow to keep ut with me, so i roll over and do 'B' then roll back, or run further away. I also use roll sometimes just to turn around without running to far away from my target. Also, rolling is ideal for me, as i never used to roll very much when i mained toon link, because i use the 'B' attack annoyingly much.... even if its good or not :D

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
We don't really need a cure for rolling, rather a cure for rolling predictably. Lucario has one of the best rolls for a reason, and if we utilize it correctly it should be able to help us in a match.

Inaphyt

Smash Apprentice
what are you talking about, you don't need to get beaten up to not roll. Try a few games with using the shield button at all. Just force yourself not to roll.

Top Bottom