• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
xD My Catrin Ridley doesn't like tea that much....and this is what my friend wrote when I made him the question about the 3 fancy Ridleys:
View attachment 24540

Catrin Ridley, Elegant English Ridley, and Sophisticated Business Ridley?

English Ridley would offer the others tea (made from the tears of aliens whose families he'd slaughtered of course) and regale them with tales of his jolly adventures through space, lamenting his many encounters with that uncouth savage barbarian of a bounty hunter who always arrives unannounced and devoid of decorum, going on and on about how he taxed her parents to death or some such.

Sophisticated Business Ridley would accept the tea and note the recipe to turn into a franchise later. He'd comment that English Ridley's story sounds remarkably similar to his own, as his capitalistic business enterprises of mass producing bioweapons to sell to the galaxy at large were always hindered by a pesky agent from the Galactic Better Business Bureau. She has a grudge against him, after his seizing her families assets in a perfectly legal acquisition drove them to suicide.

Catrin Ridley would listen carefully to the other two but would pass on the tea for wine instead. Seeing the trouble his fellow Ridley's were in, and not having a nemesis of his own since having taken her soul long ago, offers to get rid of these two nuisances in return for their own souls. English Ridley accepts the deal immediately because he thinks Catrin Ridley looks like an upright fellow, but Business Ridley wants to see a return on the investment before concluding the deal. Catrin Ridley agrees to this in return for Business Ridley's hat.

And so agreements are made, the meeting concluded, and deals carried out, and they all lived happily ever after! ...Sort of. :p
In addition to those three classy Ridley's, what's your take on this one I had stashed away?

:p

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Shulk's Challenger Approaching banner is gone.

View attachment 24566 Get hype.
Holy crap, it is. The likelyhood of it being Ridley is still as low as people here has set it, so no hyping if it ends up being false hype. But I knew someone had to get revealed at that Treehouse event or something. Because come on, having a Treehouse event with new Smash Bros content getting revealed and characters aren't one of them?

Last edited:

Robotic Operating Buddy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moguera24
Like, each character has 8 or so in-game pictures that showcase them in rather silly/epic scenarios, like Lucina and Palutena relaxing on some stage or whatever, or greninja doing his water spout things from his hands.

Largely because I find Pacman an uninspiring yellow blob who's only defining trait is eating things, similar vein to Mario in that his only defining trait is that he saves Peach and is Italian, but unlike Mario, Pacman doesn't have a supporting cast of characters that make him as a character more easily draw into. Part of the reason I like Mario is because I like Bowser and the Koopa Troop, and because Nintendo won't release a game centered 100% around Bowser, I have to play as Mario to interact with them, so by extension, I like Mario. Pacman has...the ghosts? Yeah, I just don't 'get' Pacman like I don't 'get' new-age music or my 3-d Art teacher's love of collages. I'm also really salty because I wanted the Namco rep to be Nightmare from Soul Calibur, but I digress because it was obvious it was Pacman.

As for Palutena, I'm against her because I told my friend she was not getting in due to her being relatively unimportant in the grand scope of the universe of Nintendo, but damn it all I was wrong and now I feel like a sod. She's also a humanoid, so by default I think her design is largely bland. It also hurts my opinion of her that the huge coup de grace of E3 WAS her reveal, which everyone in a 5 mile radius should've seen coming. Like, I sat in the sun at driver's ed on my little iphone hoping a character I was interested in was revealed.

By no means is the Roster 'bad' as of its current state, but it's not something I look at and decide I'd forsake my favorite dish(a nice Bowser Souffle) for something I know I don't care for, nor would likely care for after eating some of it(like Palutena Angel Cake or Duck Hunt Dog roasted Duck.)
I get what you're saying, to each their own! :)
*runs off to the buffet to snack on Dedede soup and some of that delectable Greninja frog legs*

Well now that the Shulk trailer is gone, a new character announcement is inevitable!
However it might just be a veteran, so don't hype too much.
If a newcomer is announced an it isn't Ridley, who do you think it will be?

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Warning Received
So guys, i downloaded the japanese demo from the e-shop. Since i have an imported 3ds.
After encrypting the code and hacking it with muh skillz, i found something... interesting:

Tomorrow's pic of the day deconfirms Ridley.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So guys, i downloaded the japanese demo from the e-shop. Since i have an imported 3ds.
After encrypting the code and hacking it with muh skillz, i found something... interesting:

I can confirm that tomorrow's pic of the day will not disconfirm Ridley; it will instead show a 3DS menu.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Keep in mind that Shulk was announced over a week ago. They probably got rid of it for that reason.

You know a menu pic of the day that I'd like? A pic of the CSS that explains how exactly it works.

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
I get what you're saying, to each their own! :)
*runs off to the buffet to snack on Dedede soup and some of that delectable Greninja frog legs*

Well now that the Shulk trailer is gone, a new character announcement is inevitable!
However it might just be a veteran, so don't hype too much.
If a newcomer is announced an it isn't Ridley, who do you think it will be?
I will wager that a newcomer reveal will be Bowser Jr, if we get one...mainly because I want a zany trailer where the Koopalings go shrek some stuff. Been awhile since we've had a zany trailer. And, you know, I feel people who don't regularly poke Smashboards would get moderate hype from the lil B.

(Now I kind of feel like gathering what every smash character's dish would be at a restaurant...)

Never stop, Weeman, never stop!

Chrollo.

fka president wario

BUT WHERE IS GHETSIS?!?!?!

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
does anyone have the :4link: to the one pic of the day where it was the living room where sakurai mentioned size?

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Keep in mind that Shulk was announced over a week ago. They probably got rid of it for that reason.

You know a menu pic of the day that I'd like? A pic of the CSS that explains how exactly it works.
Actually I heard that the "Challenger Approaching" sign only goes away if a new character image will replace it.

Zynux

Smash Lord
*Downsizing Ridley for playability*

"You Fools! You've messed with the natural order!"

Weeman's source is confirmed to be the source of all sources. My source can verify that his source is a legitimate source.

Well, pack it up ladies and gentz. Ridley is done. gg

Last edited:

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
If tomorrow isn't a Newcomer, I would expect mabey...
then we would get Ridley because they are both PURPLE! :)

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Agreed, I feel we could even go to page 1997 to make thing interesting...
Sadly, the mods have a bullet with the Ridley Thread's name on it said that the thread will most likely get closed around the 1915 page mark. So 21 pages are left for us Space Pirates. Let's hope are last words here are; RIDLEYS CONFIRMED!

Robotic Operating Buddy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moguera24
I will wager that a newcomer reveal will be Bowser Jr, if we get one...mainly because I want a zany trailer where the Koopalings go shrek some stuff. Been awhile since we've had a zany trailer. And, you know, I feel people who don't regularly poke Smashboards would get moderate hype from the lil B.

(Now I kind of feel like gathering what every smash character's dish would be at a restaurant...)
Actually, I just remembered that Pac-man does have a personality! In the Pac-man World games he is portrayed as a smart-alecky family man. (sort of like if Sonic was older and had a family). The ghosts had personalities too. In fact this game was probably one of the earliest video games I owned
That might be why I enjoy eating the Pac-man pellets at the buffet:4pacman:

*sorry if I'm beating a dead horse I just wanted to say this*

Wwwweeeeeeemaaaaaannn!!!!
Truly you are the 1337est at the hacking skillz
But tomorrow's PotD will probably just be another menu:ohwell:

Last edited:

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
Last edited:

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
If tomorrow isn't a Newcomer, I would expect mabey...
then we would get Ridley because they are both PURPLE! :)

Preposterous, perhaps the peppy purple pair partakes planing their perplexing perilous plot to poke the pudgy pirates.

I'm sorry I had a hard time thinking of words that started with p to continue the chain. :p

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Actually, I just remembered that Pac-man does have a personality! In the Pac-man World games he is portrayed as a smart-alecky family man. (sort of like if Sonic was older and had a family). The ghosts had personalities too. In fact this game was probably one of the earliest video games I owned
That might be why I enjoy eating the Pac-man pellets at the buffet:4pacman:

*sorry if I'm beating a dead horse I just wanted to say this*

Wwwweeeeeeemaaaaaannn!!!!
Truly you are the 1337est at the hacking skillz
But tomorrow's PotD will probably just be another menu:ohwell:
Lucky for you, I'm a world champion dead-horse beater! I probably didn't play any Pac-man game because I was easily frustrated by the original yellow cheese wedge!

I wouldn't bank on anything Ridley-related in the scope of this week. I'll gladly eat my humble pie if wrong.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
Id rather not have a pic of a day to deconfirm ridley but just wait til the game officially comes out to know.

Also I just had an idea what if Ridley play style would be he stays in the air and when you "sprint" you just kind of fly and to click down B u go and stay and fight on the ground. Ridley would be strong and very slow on the ground but if you click down b again he is back in the air fighting faster and a little weaker

Zynux

Smash Lord
Sadly, the mods have a bullet with the Ridley Thread's name on it said that the thread will most likely get closed around the 1915 page mark. So 21 pages are left for us Space Pirates. Let's hope are last words here are; RIDLEYS CONFIRMED!
1915? Why such an arbitrary number :awesome:?

We'll probably make it to Thursday then. This thread usually jumps 10 pages per day. Maybe Wednesday since there is an influx of new users for the 3DS release (that are contributing a lot of the newly spam here)

Lucky for you, I'm a world champion dead-horse beater! I probably didn't play any Pac-man game because I was easily frustrated by the original yellow cheese wedge!

I wouldn't bank on anything Ridley-related in the scope of this week. I'll gladly eat my humble pie if wrong.
My feelings wax and wane on whether Ridley is getting in or not, but as I have asserted many times I'm confident he's at least safe from PoTDs. They're on full 3DS menu advertising right now. Anything Wii U related would disrupt that.

Not cool bro
Also not cool posting off-topic links. How many warnings do you have to get to understand this?

Last edited:

Blackflamedragon

Smash Apprentice
1915?

Why such an arbitrary number :awesome:?

We'll probably make it to Thursday then. This thread usually jumps 10 pages per day.

My feelings wax and wane on whetehr is getting in or not, but as I have asserted many times, I'm confident he's at least safe from PoTDs. They're on full 3DS menu advertising right now. Anything Wii U related would disrupt that.

Also not cool posting off-topic links. How many warnings do you have to get to understand this?
I object to that statement it has a large chance of showing if ridley is a character or a boss

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I don't know how many of you have seen this but this is by far the best picture of ridley in my opinion
I'm just trying to not always be thinking about whether he's in or not

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Someone should make a Ridley Skyrim mod that switches the dragons with Ridley and his forms/variations

Blackflamedragon

Smash Apprentice
Now I know you all have discussed the pickachu being grabbed by ridley but so far this and the news we WILL get on Friday may reveal all we need to know about ridley and his status in Smash

Robotic Operating Buddy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moguera24
Sorry if this is considered an off topic link but this comic perfectly exemplifies the detractor mentality: http://chainsawsuit.com/comic/2014/09/09/making-a-good-case/
Also I was thinking, if Ridley is playable, and he would have the whole "reverse Little Mac" play style, which characters do you think would be good or bad match ups against Ridley?

Top Bottom