• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
What? Did you even watch the video?
If you are so sure about it being Pikachu's shadow, then show me it with it having red outline because otherwise i see nothing but Ridley's shadow.
I'm staying away untill the stream, anyone have a big miiverse party or something when we reach crtitical mass to celebrate Ridley?
I want the trailer suprise for myself, not by some japanese guy
I hope Ridley is so mewtwo hard to unlock that people will have to wait for a hype trailer to see him.
If there will be any. I just want to know his role as fast/early/soon as possible.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Your Sentaments[/spoiler]
I'm pretty sure everyone here knows that despite you being the "quiet one" and such, myself and everyone else on this thread really appreciates your contribution to the thread. Honestly, I feel like I didn't do much here for mostly the same reasons you had. But I still know, supporting Ridley is really all these guys ever needed from me and I'm glad I gave my respects to them. No matter the outcome, everyone here are together not just as Space Pirates, but as friends. And with that I say, thank you, To @ender_idk and everyone who I met on this thread. :)

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I see no Pikachu in that shadow. Could someone show me it in a better quality, with a red outline? Even if he did grabbed him, it doesn't helps or hurts his chances - bosses can grab (but Ridley does absolutely nothing about that) and Ridley could have aerial grabs. Anyway, that Ridley is still a lot smaller than he should be:

Roidley is as big as Brawley if someone doesn't knows.
Ugh :urg:

I hate the look of Ridley standing up straight. People don't say he looks right downsized, but he looks a lot worse upright.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ugh :urg:

I hate the look of Ridley standing up straight. People don't say he looks right downsized, but he looks a lot worse upright.
Ridley or Roidley? And why?
Hmm, I don't think air grabs are confirmed...
I don't think air smashes are con- oh wait, unique to Robin. Ridley could have air grabs unique to him. Its not out of character for him. Being slow or doing nothing IS.
View attachment 24544
-TIME PARADOXES-

Ridley: "HAHAHA!"

Roidley: "Big Bro? What's so funny?"

Ridley: "HA! Look down, you blind idiot!"

Roidley: "Look at wha- WHAT?! THAT'S.....YOU! A MINI YOU!..."

Ridley: "Crazy, isn't it? There is no doubt he's me, not only because of how he looks, but because he's trying to eat a furry s@it."

Roidley: "....and....?"

Ridley: "...THE FREAKING FURRY S@IT IS YOU!"

Roidley: "....Oooooh....wait....AHHH! NO! I'M GONNA DIE! BIG BRO! STOP YOURSELF!"

Ridley: "You're kidding, right? I'm f#%@king ADORABLE!, and this is PRICELESS! HAHAHA!"

Baby Ridley: "YAY!"

Birdie and Roidley: "...Sniff...."

xD Random stuff...
Looks adorable...Wait, wouldn't Roidley not exist at that time?

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
?So does this mean he's leaking the roster tomorrow?
Depends if they're telling the truth, doesn't take a masters degree to lie. I just ignore any rumours or leaks till it's irrefutable proof.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Fair enough, hella unlikely though, those are two pretty different things.
It is as likely as Little Mac having a K.O. punch meter. Ridley is known for being an enemy that fights really well in the air and grabbing Samus. So, only him having some kind of a fire meter would be unlikely. Unlike Project M crew, SSB4 developers have nearly no limits on what they can add to the game. Also, air grab already exist - Koopa Klaw. It just goes in 2 directions and Bowser falls while holding opponent.
Should Ridley make it in as a playable... would Kirby even be able to inhale him?...
Nope, and even if that will happen, then this world will cease to exist.

Last edited:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
@ender_idk
Ha, no problem man. We've all appreciated your presence, I assure you your regrets have a lot less impact then you may think. First off, I try to welcome all the newcomers here (If I'm around when they make their first post), and it's maybe less than half that acknowledge it. I could tell you were shy from the outset (you've mentioned it before) so I'm not miffed or anything

Secondly, not having a high post count here is not a crime in the slightest, lol. In fact, having a high post count is what's gonne get this thread locked, lol. I'm probably one of the bigger offenders, having close to 2000 posts in this thread, haha. But you've definitely been present, which doesn't require being talkative, and it's been noticed and appreciated. It just means you have a lot higher ratio of quality per post than most others here xD. You shouldn't worry so much about the quality of your posts, either. Just say what's on your mind. These may be archived but rarely are they gone back and read. I mean, tjhat's what I do at least, lol.

Anyways, don't treat this as an end, but a new beginning. I hope to see all you guys active in the Ridley subforum when he's finally revealed, being active and awesome as always.

Well, maybe slightly less active, for some of you. You know who you are. :p
Stop making me cry man.

Bring it in.

HUH

Also, everyone should probably know I'll make one of my stupidendous edited Ridley pics once his fate is confirmed. It will be beautiful.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Air Smashes weren't confirmed until Robin was announced, and only Robin can use aerial smashes (they can't be charged, but they are available for Robin to use).

Little Mac also has a one-hit KO punch. If ANY character can air grab, it'd be Ridley.

PacoTaco

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4312-9999-1091
Anything big Ridley related happen recently? I looked through the last few pages and it didn't look like it so that sucks. BTW If/when Ridley is playable it has been fun everyone. I haven't been here as long as others but it still was fun. You people are amazing :p

Also be prepared for Crashboards in 3 days...

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
The dude in the vid was talking about how, "Bosses don't grab players, only players can grab, so Pikachu jumped away from playable Ridley"

Master Hand grabs players and squeezes them, if you mash your way out you do a jump away from him (Just like Pikachu's shadow there) if you don't press anything you get tossed.
Yeah that's true. But he has other points than that.

Did you not read my post? He probably is flying/hovering constantly and when he grabs someone they go off the ground because of this. So it's not an air grab, it's just that he's big and flying.

If you are so sure about it being Pikachu's shadow, then show me it with it having red outline because otherwise i see nothing but Ridley's shadow.
Someone else can do that. But there is defiantly more than just Ridley in that shadow. You better check your eyes dude.

D

Deleted member

Air Smashes weren't confirmed until Robin was announced, and only Robin can use aerial smashes (they can't be charged, but they are available for Robin to use).

Little Mac also has a one-hit KO punch. If ANY character can air grab, it'd be Ridley.
I thought Zipzo said that a CPU took the Levin Sword that Robin was discarding before it disappeared, allowing for all the characters to use those moves. :troll:

Anyway, I've always seen Pikachu in the shadow, and it looks too good to be a light distortion. I've never got it when people said it was Ridley's tail, because it has Pikachu's lightning shape and his fat mouse body on top of it :laugh:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
a29.png
I'm so friggin tired.

Between the leaks, the poor snapshots, the odd decisions to make completely separate characters palette swaps but making alternate costumes their own characters, the general overabundance of clones surpassing Melee levels, the apparent cuts of unique characters, and a lack of any picture leaks concerning Ridley and Mewtwo, I'm this close to just quitting speculation altogether, whether Ridley makes it in or not.

I used to wonder why Brawl-day speculators treated Sakurai like the devil. The unofficially revealed characters enlightened me on how they came to this conclusion.

(I still believe Ridley's in, but I'm seriously doubting whether the sacrifices made and the clones created was worth playing as Purple Space Dragon)

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Also, everyone should probably know I'll make one of my stupidendous edited Ridley pics once his fate is confirmed. It will be beautiful.
Sakurai tossing Ridley wheel at detractors? No? Why wasn't this finished yet?!
Someone else can do that. But there is defiantly more than just Ridley in that shadow. You better check your eyes dude.
Oh right, there is also shadows from other object. And Ridley. Nothing else.
Seriously, if you (those who are so sure there is Pikachu) say that, why don't you prove that, with outlines and glorious HD?

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Tbh, I don't know much about Ridley and haven't even really played the Metroid games.....
(Just started playing Fusion, Prime, and Super)
But anyone who does not want a giant-purple-flying-fire breathing-badace-dragon is just INSANE!!!
I mean who WOULDN'T want to play as such a creature!?
Ridley is more awesome than Miyamoto riding on a Flying-Bulborb shooting beams from it's eyes and mouth with flames in the background, lightning crashing, and Thunderstruck playing in the background!
(Then again, if I saw something like that, I'd die of awesomeness)

kisamehoshi34

Smash Apprentice
I can trust them since is mostly someone will get the game tomorrow if is not him it will someone else

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Also, hey, the Pikachu talk is back.

I've convinced myself that the lightning tail was actually caused by a brick on Pyrosphere, and the body was Ridley's leg, but if you want something to mull on, here are some size measurements assuming it was Pikachu after all.

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
Ridley is more awesome than Miyamoto riding on a Flying-Bulborb shooting beams from it's eyes and mouth with flames in the background, lightning crashing, and Thunderstruck playing in the background!
I don;t know, what you just said sounds pretty damn awesome. I would need a time of deep thought to decide which is more awesome of the two...

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Eh, what the hell, here's the pic that convinced me for a while Pikachu was grabbed. Feel free to sway me back to the grab theory or disprove my pic or whatever.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
View attachment 24549 I'm so friggin tired.

Between the leaks, the poor snapshots, the odd decisions to make completely separate characters palette swaps but making alternate costumes their own characters, the general overabundance of clones surpassing Melee levels, the apparent cuts of unique characters, and a lack of any picture leaks concerning Ridley and Mewtwo, I'm this close to just quitting speculation altogether, whether Ridley makes it in or not.

I used to wonder why Brawl-day speculators treated Sakurai like the devil. The unofficially revealed characters enlightened me on how they came to this conclusion.

(I still believe Ridley's in, but I'm seriously doubting whether the sacrifices made and the clones created was worth playing as Purple Space Dragon)
I can't see the rational in your response. Once Ridley is confirmed, its not just him we're getting, but Megaman, Palutena, Little Mac, Pacman, Robin, Greninja, Rosalina, Shulk, and if Mewtwo is in that's just icing on the cake. I feel all the speculation will be worth it in the end, because this roster is hands down, just from the starting roster, the best Smash Bros roster yet.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I can't see the rational in your response. Once Ridley is confirmed, its not just him we're getting, but Megaman, Palutena, Little Mac, Pacman, Robin, Greninja, Rosalina, Shulk, and if Mewtwo is in that's just icing on the cake. I feel all the speculation will be worth it in the end, because this roster is hands down, just from the starting roster, the best Smash Bros roster yet.
My grievances would get me a warning, but it's mostly on how unique characters and semi-clones were cut in favor of full-blooded clones bordering on alternate costume levels.

But hey, Ridley and maybe Mewtwo are probably in, so that's neat.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Except for people like me, who don't think Palutena deserved a slot, who don't care for Shulk, hate Pacman, are completely neutral on Rosalina, don't care for Lil Mac, are mildly amused by Megaman but as for more of a novelty, and are generally unexcited for any newcomer not named a ninja-frog, a mage, or a certain blue turtle, I can say this roster is, hands-down, okay for my tastes.

I may be the ONLY person who feels that way, but whatever. Point being, Ridley will bump this roster from 'eh' to 'Hey, it's pretty good' for me. I'll be getting the game anyways because I'm a sucker for Smash, and the game looks gorgeous, but honestly, the roster's about as 'meh' to me as Brawl's, and Melee's before it. At least Brawl had Meta-Knight, who ended up being my favorite newcomer since Bowser.

D

Deleted member

"Cut in favor of"....
It's phrases like these that put a bad taste in my mouth.

NK1046

Smash Apprentice
Honestly even without Ridley (which would suck) I really like this roster as of now, since the leak was true Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr. and the rest of the veterans make this a solid roster and if Ridley was in it would be more than perfect.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Note: "the best Smash Bros roster yet" only applies to people who even cares about them. Because I doubt 100% of people on this planet knows/cares for 100% of the roster or even 50% since 3/5 of the roster is newcomers and 1/3 of them are clones. Because I'm a person that likes to see newcomers I know little about, it gives me the chance to see what they do and who they are. :roymelee: :4pit: :snake: :4ridley: :troll: Despite how diverse the roster is, people not caring a whole lot about the roster I could understand that, because everyone has different opinions about who they care about.

Last edited:

RoseyBetch

Smash Journeyman
If I could choose the remaining characters, I would pick all villains, with maybe one exception. I would pick Vaati (or Impa), King K. Rool, Mewtwo, Ridley (duh), and Wolf.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
View attachment 24549 I'm so friggin tired.

Yes because having 5 clones(lucina,dark pit,doctor mario,toon link, flaco) compared to melee's 5(Doctor mario,falco,ganondorf,pichu,young link) yes why more clones than melee.He did state that if a character have a difference in moveset like lucina not using the tip of sword they would be made there own characters.Which why doctor mario is here.I do agree cutting characters like ice climbers or wold isn't accetable.However with the roster we have know(counting rildey and mewtwo.Come on we all know there going to be in there).I say this probably the best roster we had in awhile

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Honestly even without Ridley (which would suck) I really like this roster as of now, since the leak was true Duck Hunt Dog, Bowser Jr. and the rest of the veterans make this a solid roster and if Ridley was in it would be more than perfect.
I agree. Can't wait to play as the newcomers. For me, now I hope that Ridley and Mewtwo are DLC.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Let's put this thing to rest, shall we? I watched the video, and I gotta say, the argument is a lot weaker than I thought it was.

It's pretty obvious from these pictures that it's Ridley's tail, not Pikachu's. You can see the tail distinctly separated from the shadowy mass thought to be Pikachu's body.

The video claimed that at the upper-right, Pikachu's shadow can be seen after he escapes the grab. Just Ridley's tail again.

Edit: Eh, this barely matters at this point. I'm not gonna make anymore posts about it and clog things up. I'm just gonna enjoy the community and all while we still can in this thread ^^

Last edited:

CHUBUNATO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CHUBUNATO
3DS FC
2277-6893-1304
"Cut in favor of"....
It's phrases like these that put a bad taste in my mouth.
Your not the only one buddy..
See This guy knows whats up :pimp:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
?

You appear to have found a mysterious Frism.

Defrost it?

"ender's final message"

Ok........ better make this count. Lets see if this turns out decently.
(For some reason I can't embed it.)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bQXss8XAcv8?list=PL6akIKaXBeU1zP-sOef6TGN86ywjh1lly" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So, with SSB4 coming this weekend I figured I should make one last post before the inevitable thread lock.

Y'know, with how long I have been on this thread, I really never got to introduce myself and tell my reasons for wanting Ridley and how I came here.

So I will do just that.

Anyways:

My experience with Ridley to be blunt with you all. Before I EVEN came here, I never even cared for Ridley, as I was just someone who really didn't care for him or was against him. I mean I DID know a bit that he was rather wanted, but I was just neutral on him at the time.

THAT IS until one faithful day.............

It was a few days after the April direct, it was a normal day when I (get ready cause I'm about to tell you the most honest to god dumbest way I stumbled upon this thread) was googling SSB4 leaks just for whatever reason really.

I don't remember which pic got me here, but man what had happened still makes me scratch my head to this very day honestly, what I think has been 5-6 months of me being on mostly this website MOST OF THE TIME JUST WATCHING THIS THREAD! it really astounds me to how much I genuinely loved watching this thread, from the astounding amount of intelligent arguments, to the many laughs you guys gave me, TO THE INCREDIBLE ARTWORK SOME OF YOU GUYS HAVE DONE! (Namely Schalternate smilingmad and mostly AndreaAC)

seriously though: NEVER have I seen this much dedication and passion into one JUST ONE CHARACTER! and these past couple truly made me MUCH more interested in the character than I even thought honestly.

HOWEVER, I will admit though, I do regret not posting that much truthfully (by the time I have posted this, this is 60th post on this whole thread........... YEAH, TELLS YA HOW MUCH OF A LAZY *** PIRATE I WAS! :laugh:) idk, maybe its because I was rather shy or maybe its because I have a lot less knowledge of Metroid compared to most of you.

And really that's KINDA a big regret I have with my time speculating SM4SH. I really never did anything other than make some rather make some silly posts honestly (some I admit are pretty funny, some I'm not really proud of)

And still, there are some stuff I do regret: like never thanking Phaazoid for welcoming me (which BTW thanks mate)
Never getting to say that Andrea is an incredible artist (seriously, you're artwork is awesome!) Making a admittingly poor welcome to SuperSegaSonicSS (not really one of my best welcomings really)

and most importantly:

@Sigran101

THIS IS LITTARALLY THE THING I REGRET THE MOST. I regret never telling you that you have, To be quite frank,
THE and I repeat, THE, most touching and honestly, freaking admirable reason for wanting Ridley.

And to see Ridley not get in at this point (even though I won't be as affected as some of you, because I AM expecting both the best and the worst) would be tragic as all the research and evidence to him being playable pay off to nothing.

And this is my reason for Ridley, being as of now my most wanted character,

My real reason for wanting Ridley. is to see you all succeed.

I just want to see this debate end once and for all, and in the most positive way. I want to see you all succeed and not go through this again and be the laughing stock of the smash fanbase. I want you guys finally get what you all wished for :b:

So from the bottom of my heart. I'll be rooting for you all, and stickin wit ya all to the bloody end!

So thank you for readi...........

END OF COMISSION
M2A571_0D565694BB846_001.gif

"...sniff.....that was beautiful..."

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Glad that you liked my stuff! B-but please! don't go!

Top Bottom