• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
So it is a given Ridley is playable in the game, but how excited would you be if his design is the Super Metroid design instead of the Other M one?
Hell yeah! I mean, I don't care at this point which Ridley is playable.....but a design that resembles his classic look and his other 2 forms (Meta/Omega, and I would find those forms kinda possible to happen because the 3 designs are anorexic....) as alts would make me the happiest person in the entire universe! since that is what I have been expecting to play as for YEARS, way before Roidley came to exist. Having both Rids and Roids would be awesome too!

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
it is almost funny that this thread holds exactly until the release.. :D must be a sign of the universe

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I've never even played a metroid prime in my life and Ridley is my most wanted newcomer for smash 4. The hype is contagious.

NatP

Smash Ace
Wow so, I'm sure you guys have talked extensively about this before, but I just found out that Ridley in smash has only TWO toes, which confirms that Ridley, regardless of what happens to him, will be an amalgam of previous Ridley designs, which in turns means that Ridley will have a brand new design exclusive to Smash! This is awesome news to me! Now I REALLY can't wait to see him!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
And then of course Roidley is on the other end of the spectrum entirely. He might be a little too addicted to hitting the gym
Then he is failling miserably because there is no muscles on him.
why it will glitch at 2000 page?
Because it will become t00 b1g 4 smashboards to handle and will ascend to higher state of existance.
So many supporters are calling Ridley a dragon? ROFL
How else can we call him then? We all know he isn't really a dragon or pterosaur or anything like that.
SmashBro99 said:
Can't you guys just play purple Charizard? :4charizard:
Well I'm just wondering if you WILL if Ridley isn't in. I mean most of you want him shrunk down just so he'll fit in the game, so I figure maybe some supporters won't mind playing purple Charizard and pretending he's Ridley? Since you want the character shrunk maybe you won't care if he has a canon moveset either? I dunno just curious.
Can't you just play as green Captain Falcon (Little Mac)? Can't you just play as red/blue Link (everyone with a sword)? Can't you just play as Lucario (Mewtwo)? Can't you just play as black Captain Falcon (Ganondorf)? Can't you just play as Kirby (Pacman, Jigglypuff, Meta Knight)? Can't you just play as Pikachu (Sonic, Suir)? Can't you just play as Mario (Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Snake, any other human character)? Can't you just play as Peach (Rosalina, Daisy, Zero Suit Samus)? Just pretend they are characters you wanted!
Also, there is no purple Charizard. Only Aerodactyl Charizard.
How about deleting recent trash/spam/troll posts to at least make sure this thread lives until Ridley's fate is confirmed?

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Wow so, I'm sure you guys have talked extensively about this before, but I just found out that Ridley in smash has only TWO toes, which confirms that Ridley, regardless of what happens to him, will be an amalgam of previous Ridley designs, which in turns means that Ridley will have a brand new design exclusive to Smash! This is awesome news to me! Now I REALLY can't wait to see him!
Ridley has two toes now?
I need to see, gimme please.

Also, about that picture, it's not sold or anything. Street date hasn't been broken yet. Don't expect anything from it.

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
I think my biggest problem with that viral picture, that keeps popping up every place, is that the game is still in the packaging.

Release the beast!

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
He does! Look at this gif:

From this gif we can see Ridley grabbing PIkachu with his right foot AND we get a clear shot of his left foot! And his left foot is the classic Ridley foot! http://images2.fanpop.com/images/ph...ular-Ridley-metroid-prime-4488585-397-305.jpg
Copied directly from what I said on da redit

"First of all, he's not holding Pikachu. The clump that is supposed to be Pikachu is actually Ridley's feet, Pikachu's tail is probably Ridley's tail, its shadow warped by the stage geometry.

Secondly, that is his arm. I think. Stupid spastic wings."

Note how "Pikachu" kind of vanishes when the shadow of his left wing hits "Pikachu's" shadow.
But his wings do look somewhat different don't they?

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Last edited:

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
I am fearing ridleys chances. I dont know why, I already know hes in but still. Some please comfort me with good news or advise relating to ridley

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
And then of course Roidley is on the other end of the spectrum entirely. He might be a little too addicted to hitting the gym
Then he is failling miserably because there is no muscles on him.
why it will glitch at 2000 page?
Because it will become t00 b1g 4 smashboards to handle and will ascend to higher state of existance.
So many supporters are calling Ridley a dragon? ROFL
How else can we call him then? We all know he isn't really a dragon or pterosaur or anything like that.
SmashBro99 said:
Can't you guys just play purple Charizard? :4charizard:
Well I'm just wondering if you WILL if Ridley isn't in. I mean most of you want him shrunk down just so he'll fit in the game, so I figure maybe some supporters won't mind playing purple Charizard and pretending he's Ridley? Since you want the character shrunk maybe you won't care if he has a canon moveset either? I dunno just curious.
Can't you just play as green Captain Falcon (Little Mac)? Can't you just play as red/blue Link (everyone with a sword)? Can't you just play as Lucario (Mewtwo)? Can't you just play as black Captain Falcon (Ganondorf)? Can't you just play as Kirby (Pacman, Jigglypuff, Meta Knight)? Can't you just play as Pikachu (Sonic, Suir)? Can't you just play as Mario (Luigi, Wario, Waluigi, Snake, any other human character)? Can't you just play as Peach (Rosalina, Daisy, Zero Suit Samus)? Just pretend they are characters you wanted!
Also, there is no purple Charizard. Only Aerodactyl Charizard.
How about deleting recent trash/spam/troll posts to at least make sure this thread lives until Ridley's fate is confirmed?
So it is a given Ridley is playable in the game, but how excited would you be if his design is the Super Metroid design instead of the Other M one?
If it won't have a giant head, then i will be even more excited. But that is not going to happen since Roidley is the most recent design and they already chosed Other M designs for this game. Using classic Ridley is like using Ganon or WW Ganondorf instead of TP Ganondorf for this game.
EDIT: double post? How? I only posted this ONCE.

Last edited:

kisamehoshi34

Smash Apprentice
if the game have been sale why I still see nothing on youtube?

how you know they didn't break the street :) you live there?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
He does! Look at this gif:

From this gif we can see Ridley grabbing PIkachu with his right foot AND we get a clear shot of his left foot! And his left foot is the classic Ridley foot! http://images2.fanpop.com/images/ph...ular-Ridley-metroid-prime-4488585-397-305.jpg
It is his hand, not foot, and there is no Pikachu in his foot - it is his TAIL and foot itself.
Whose going to make the new thread.
It will be instantly closed.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
To me, it kind of looks like he's holding Pikachu and attacking him and Pikachu is flinching.

Am I the only one seeing this? I'm not saying I'm certain that's what's going on in the shadow but that's what it kind of looks like to me.

Edit: Actually isn't that his head under his left wing? It looks like his head and he has his mouth open or something.

Last edited:

NatP

Smash Ace
I dunno guys... It REALLY seems to me that Ridley is grabbing him on one foot and leaving his other foot free. In FACT, this specific grab is even something Ridley has done before:

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I dunno guys... It REALLY seems to me that Ridley is grabbing him on one foot and leaving his other foot free. In FACT, this specific grab is even something Ridley has done before:

It looks like that to me too.

The Pizza Guy

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe there is only 110 pages left before we reach the 2000 mark. Will this thread get capped before Ridley is revealed? The suspense is killing me!

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

Yeah, which would make sense if he has two/three toes. But that's his arm and hand you're seeing in the gif, not his foot. Though I can't blame anyone for seeing things in the shadow, hell, I could actually stll be wrong. It's a bloody mess.

Crainy

Smash Apprentice
Im pretty sure hes holding pikachu. Theres no way that clumb is just his foot. In the earlier frames prior to the gif pikachus outline is even easier visible.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Im pretty sure hes holding pikachu. Theres no way that clumb is just his foot. In the earlier frames prior to the gif pikachus outline is even easier visible.
Feet. Not foot. You can see the feet shifting a little when the wing part of the shadow hits the feet part of the shadow.

BertholdtFubar

Smash Cadet
Copied directly from what I said on da redit

"First of all, he's not holding Pikachu. The clump that is supposed to be Pikachu is actually Ridley's feet, Pikachu's tail is probably Ridley's tail, its shadow warped by the stage geometry.

Secondly, that is his arm. I think. Stupid spastic wings."

Note how "Pikachu" kind of vanishes when the shadow of his left wing hits "Pikachu's" shadow.
But his wings do look somewhat different don't they?
Looking at that shadow, that almost definitely is Pikachu's lightning-bolt shaped tail. Looks nothing like the end of Ridley's leg.

Pikachu "vanishing" can be explained by many things, but looking at it closely I don't think he actually vanishes. Looks more like the shadow just overlaps most of Pikachu, but you can still see a little of the Pikachu shadow. This might be further explained by the weird framerate with the wing animation.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
So what this posted yet?

Really interesting. Also, why would Ridley be so small if he's boss/stage hazard? But I'm pretty sure he has a stage hazard. Ridley could be a character that is constantly hovering. That's why a grab would make Pikachu be off the ground. The way he hangs in that video looks so gruesome. Like a dead mouse hanging from the claws of an owl.

Or it could just be a temporary protocol for the sake of the video.

I'd like to see Ridley in the game. Saw a thread about baby Ridley, that could be one way to solve it. But I still want them to add one huge character like this. There has to be some limit but I love how the characters in Smash can be SO different. Ridley would add to that variety. Also, still only one Metroid rep.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest

Well the shadow is of something closer to the other M design, and the other M design is noteworthy for grabbing prey with his arms

Speaking of which, if we're to look at Other M Ridley's canon size in relation

If were to believe Ridley as a boss were to stay faithful to his Other m design, as most bosses are, then he'd have to be the same size in relation to Samus. If you look at the pic above, Samus is roughly the same size as Rid's hands. Pikachu, being only 1/3 to 5th of Samus' height in Smash would only encompass the inner most parts of Rid's palms, incapable of feasibly grabbing him. I know we're all aware he's been shrunken down, but this only illustrates how much he has been.

Last edited:
Top Bottom