• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
ask and you shall receive.

This can be taken violently out of context.
I say violently because Ridley is too big.

Ridley has been in smash since the beginning, he flies around in the background of brinstar in 64. Definitely a newcomer veteran xD
I'd love to have a trailer that has each Smash incarnation of him hiding around stages, and taking notes, biding his time until his moment to strike. It was his plan all along.

Last edited:

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to make a- kind of random- question...I already did that question to a friend of mine....

What you you think that would happen if these 3 fancy Ridleys met?
View attachment 24513

hehe...I'm bored....

Well first of all this is how I picture it, (I'm going to say Ridley 1,2,3 in respective order)

Ridley 2 is tasting a nice cup of tea, after he takes his first sip his butler says that his 1:00 is ready. Ridley 2 "Ah my good man, please send him in." Walks in Ridley 1, Ridley 1 "So then have you thought of my proposal then?" "I have, and I have to decline. There is simply no way I could give up my position." responded Ridley 2. Ridley 1, "Well then I think I might have to do some more convincing then." Ridley 1 looks over to the door and waves at it, walks in Ridley 3. "So then, I hear that you don't want to give up the position then, maybe I could change that." he said with a smear as he took a puff from his pipe. He continued, "Well seeing as we already have a replacement I think that you need 'Disappear' if you know what I mean." Ridley 2 put down his cup of tea as Ridley 3 just goes "I'm sorry." Roidley then comes in and walks slowly over to Ridley 2, Ridley 2 then thinks to himself, 'At least I will not be forgotten.' There is then the menacing scream as there is blood thrown onto the walls. Ridley 1 and Ridley 2 look to each other and stare knowing that the job is done. As soon as they are about to leave the slight sounds of breaths over in the corner, as they look over they see a Pikachu standing behind a table, cowering in fear. Known that they could not have any witnesses they decided to have their acquaintance dealt with, Roidley started approaching the fearful rat. Pikachu then runs with what seems the quickest of speeds out of the door. The Ridleys worried that they could be compromised sent Roidley after him, he then took flight and took chase. The two had gone for awhile going through every which where, until they had reached an abandoned research facility. Pikachu had gone through several doors until he reached a giant platform that had lava pluming from the walls. Worried about his footing he had walked slowly across, while behind him Roidley was floating behind him creeping ever so softly up on him. As he reaches the edge Pikachu turns around and asks for him to forget him, and that he wouldn't say anything. Roidley says nothing as he picks Pikachu up and then begins to crush him with his claws, trying to escape Pikachu manages to break free from his grasp only to fall into the pit below. Roidley floats there looking down into the pit thinking mission accomplished.

Well that is what I think, sorry if this is way after you put it up, you know crashboards and all happened. But I thought I would just make this little story.

and also WOOT I want Ridley!!!

Edit: Well I hope that you guys read this and enjoy this, I tried to think this through and work hard on it.

Last edited:

Tasers

Smash Cadet
END TIMES . How are you guys handling end times? Honestly its killing me slowly.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
END TIMES . How are you guys handling end times? Honestly its killing me slowly.
It might be tough, but try to appreciate it. After you know the roster, it will be impossible to not know it again. A lot of the hype is rooted in speculation, and you'll miss it when it's fine, so try your best to enjoy it ^.^

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
What do you guys think Ridley's color will be on the Official SSB4 Website when he is revealed?:

1. Ridley
  2. Ridley
  3. Ridley
  4. Ridley
  5. Ridley
  6. Ridley
  7. Ridley

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
So guys, any big news while I was gone? Any good updates?

(Also, what happened with that Pastebin Ridley leak? Fake or what?)

So it is a given Ridley is playable in the game, but how excited would you be if his design is the Super Metroid design instead of the Other M one?
Meh, the last time they tried making a SNES styled Ridley we got Brawley, and he would look terrible as the playable Ridley. I'm still sure we are getting Conceptly as the final Playable ridley, and maybe a snes skin for an alternate costume.

Please. We all know it will be the most popular. K. Rooldleytwo.

Absolute beauty right there..

Exegguter

Smash Lord
So guys, any big news while I was gone? Any good updates?

(Also, what happened with that Pastebin Ridley leak? Fake or what?)

Meh, the last time they tried making a SNES styled Ridley we got Brawley, and he would look terrible as the playable Ridley. I'm still sure we are getting Conceptly as the final Playable ridley, and maybe a snes skin for an alternate costume.

Absolute beauty right there..
Yes.

The good news is.

That Ridley got a smashicon.

Shoutout to @Kao for making this

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
Is that real or fake?
I'm pretty sure we had all agreed that that leak was fake, I think due to the P1 is suppose to be red while Ridley is P2 and is red. So I'm pretty sure that it is fake, but it still does its job of making me want Ridley in more thought.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
And I am sure we are getting Super Metroid Ridley. :)
I'm sure we're getting Roidley or at least a hybrid, they did make Samus' armour that from Other M, so having Ridley the same makes sense. Though the ability to change is appearance as the alt costumes would be cool.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Hey. First time here. Just a question. I was over at gamefaqs and people were sayign Ridley is very likely due to all the hints surronding him. I asked what hints they were talking about and they said go to smashboards. So im here. What is actually being hinted that makes people believe Ridley is in? Only thing i know of is the short Ridley tease in the direct. Is there something else im missing?

For the record i would love Ridley to be in(Along with K Rool and Mewtwo) But honestly i think Mewtwo is the only one with a good chance.

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
I just thought of this though guys, what if for the final animation (after the match is done) this happens

1) He wins: Lord Ridley flies into the winner's circle and yells up into the sky and flaps his wings wildly
He flies in and attacks the screen with his tail making the camera askew
He flies down breathing fire onto the ground and causing the floor to ignite with the flames around him
He goes into the screen and picks up the baby metroid in the canister and flies off

2) He loses: He just stands there with a mean scowl on his face
He does some stupid clapping animation (god forbid)
He just puts his hand over his face with complete shame that he lost to a lesser being
He just has his back turned so you can't even see him
Or the Winner just doesn't appear nor do the other constants as he just took them off and done what they deserve, and is left as winner by default.

Well these are my ideas, that's all I have now

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
It's funny to look at, because I can't imagine Ridley being that respectful to someone who defeated him.
That makes me wonder, what do you guys think his loosing animation will be? It might be clapping, but I imagine him with his back turned and glaring at the camera menacingly like this:

(DIO reference FTW)

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
This is how many Toobigots and Ridley Detractor see our Space Pirate Dragon

A Stupid Dragon whose only fighting credo is KILL FIRST, ASK QUESTIONS NEVER.

..............................Ridley is too big

:troll:

AND Here is how every user in this thread sees Ridley

A nefarious, diabolical dragon itching for a challenge....with a pride high as Mountain Everest, this guy just won't give up even if "killed" several times.
Ridley's pride, tenacity, and intelligence are the traits that makes Ridley a true Space Pirate Captain

In the end, Ridley DID appear in every SMASH game up to date:
1) Background Cameo in the original Smash Game in the Brinstar Stage
2) Melee Opening and a Trophy in Melee
3) Two Boss Fights in Brawl

With each Smash iteration, Ridley's role is clearly escalating.....At this rate, the Space Dragon might join the fight.

The guys who made Metroid: Other M shown Ridley's Smash Potential...and Sakurai probably saw this as the chance to FINALLY include Ridley in Smash. Sakurai is aware of Ridley's existence and the tons of requests for the Dragon to join the fight.

Mark your calendars, fellow Space Pirates for.......Friday 12th.

Last edited:

Tasers

Smash Cadet
If Ridley is confirmed im going to dance to Bad Apple!! in my ridley costume for the world to see

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Hey. First time here. Just a question. I was over at gamefaqs and people were sayign Ridley is very likely due to all the hints surronding him. I asked what hints they were talking about and they said go to smashboards. So im here. What is actually being hinted that makes people believe Ridley is in? Only thing i know of is the short Ridley tease in the direct. Is there something else im missing?

For the record i would love Ridley to be in(Along with K Rool and Mewtwo) But honestly i think Mewtwo is the only one with a good chance.

Get in the habit of reading the first page of a thread. The answer is there.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Wow, actually when Ridley is confirmed it will be a great opportunity to get some viral videos going. Rack up hundreds of thousands of views and rake in the dough!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

Mainly the fact that his shadow was shown, and he was referenced in a pic of the day. We don't have much else.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEcabFkhpa8&list=PLXykf3A0WOnoLfTwpG0IWGe2vsAJRBNy-
The first and third videos on this playlist should alser all your questions well.

Tasers

Smash Cadet
High Command will permit this on the grounds that you redub the lyrics appropriately. :evil:
Yup I must honor the Supreme Overseer and the more I listen to it the more easy it is to manipulate the lyrics to Ridleys pov (too big I dont think so, flying high tail going low) while I dance amazingly. Day in life of a Space Pirate imo

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
I just thought of this though guys, what if for the final animation (after the match is done) this happens

1) He wins: Lord Ridley flies into the winner's circle and yells up into the sky and flaps his wings wildly
He flies in and attacks the screen with his tail making the camera askew
He flies down breathing fire onto the ground and causing the floor to ignite with the flames around him
He goes into the screen and picks up the baby metroid in the canister and flies off

2) He loses: He just stands there with a mean scowl on his face
He does some stupid clapping animation (god forbid)
He just puts his hand over his face with complete shame that he lost to a lesser being
He just has his back turned so you can't even see him
Or the Winner just doesn't appear nor do the other constants as he just took them off and done what they deserve, and is left as winner by default.

Well these are my ideas, that's all I have now
1) This one all looks perfect.

2) Don't see how it's stupid to see Rids clapping, though I can't imagine him doing it.
Guess that makes the one that beat Rids not so inferior afterall
THIS
If only...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So..... the RealTalk is upon us?
Not quite yet. But when it happens you'll know. The talk will be so real, it makes mankind look fake.

Hopefully, it'll mean that Ridley will actually be playable. But anything could happen at this point.

RidleyWright

Smash Rookie
Sadly no, it's just a fan animation made for the lolz.
*clapley_goes_here*
Roidley looks pretty out of place there. I think they'll simplify him a little bit and ease on the textures so it mashes better with the rest of the characters. It'll probably be a hibridley.

Anyways, the flood gates should be pretty close to open. The end is near.

Top Bottom