• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
Should cut some Pokemon since it's just repetitive to have a bunch of pocket monsters.

Retrogaminglord

Smash Cadet
Why would Ridley fight Doc and not Samus? I guess because of the pill thing, but still the description just seems too weird.
remember captain falcon fought a fire emblem character, why wasn't it marth, or ike. Not saying its not weird, but the biggest argument against Ridley is size, and the Mario universe is know for sizing up or down, so in some way it makes since again not 100%

PeterJude

Smash Ace
It's getting closer by the hour. I do hope if Ridley is in that Sakurai gets to reveal him, rather than it just being known from people playing.

I'm waiting to collect on my little wager. On Friday this will all be over and Iron Will will be back to collect his fee.
What was the wager exactly?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Didn't a text leak confirmed Shulk, pacman, miis, little mac, greninja ect..
We're just trying to avoid leaks in this thread in general, to better avoid spam. One generally leads to the other. I'll guarantee you the doc/Ridley trailer thing is fake, but you are right, there was one legit text leak. However, so close to release, everyone is going to try to fake leak, so you should question these things a lot more.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Didn't a text leak confirmed Shulk, pacman, miis, little mac, greninja ect..
If you mean the Gematsu leak, it was fake, remember Chrom?
Does any one remember if there was a smash bros closed door event at pax? I swear there was
There was an embargo, no one is allowed to spill the beans or Nintendo will use their bums as firewood

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Don't talk about leaks again dammit! Crashboards is already starting and now you lot are talking about TEXT LEAKS?!?!?
Exactly. The only time it's worth mentioning is if it a convincing picture or video, and even that might be stretching it in the eyes of the mods.

I'm trying to think of ways Ridley could do combos. But I can't really see him as a combo heavy fighter. Only really basic stuff. I do see him as a grappler with a few decent pokes though. Anyone else?

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Ok, so I'm just going to take a wild guess and say the Ridley amibo will look something like this:

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Isn't it pretty logical if Sakurai releases a final trailer friday to celebrate the release regardless of this Nintendo Treehouse?Forrest? Nintendo Appletree ****. (Wtf is it even called?)

I'm done with speculating tbh I'm ready for the spoilers. Especially with these menus of the day bull**** like a fella care.

Okay let's do this.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm not too sure if I really cared about the tagline in Ridley's potential trailer. Though most of them are usually puns, except for Mega Man, but he's awesome enough without one.

I would go with "Ridley Swoops in" or "Ridley Soars into the battle!" Nothing too fancy. Though I guess I'm not clever enough to do that.

Heck, I'm not even expecting a trailer at all. And if we do get one, there's a real good chance it's not for Ridley. As much as I would like it to be. I'm excepting that we'll have to wait for the game to drop in Japan before we really, really, know what Ridley's suppose to do in this game.

As they say, expect the worst, hope for the best. I suggest doing the same ladies and gentlemen.

Last edited:

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
You nor anyone will be permitted to make another Ridley speculation/support thread should this one close. When I said this was the last chance, I meant it.

One way or the other, it'll all be over soon enough.
I think he means when it's full, not when and if the thread is shut down due to breaking rules again.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, seems the mods and the people here are getting tense around here. This thread is on it's last leg. Soon enough Ridley's fate will be revealed, worst case a deconfirmation, likely case leaked playable, or best case by Sakurai with a trailer (sadly most likely not happening). Just remember this guys, we are all Space Pirates, do not falter. Ridley or no Ridley, the world will know us as the community that will get their glorious Leader into Smash Bros., whether they like it or not.

Last edited:

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
If there is a trailer on Friday, it will probably be DHD. I could be wrong and it could be Ridley or not one at all.

I still have a really strong belief that Ridley is in though.

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
If there is a trailer on Friday, it will probably be DHD. I could be wrong and it could be Ridley or not one at all.

I still have a really strong belief that Ridley is in though.
I dunno, I kind of imagine Duck Hunt being a secret character. Just kinda suits him, y'know? A trailer with Ridley would just cause the Smash community to explode.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I dunno, I kind of imagine Duck Hunt being a secret character. Just kinda suits him, y'know? A trailer with Ridley would just cause the Smash community to explode.
I was expecting them to make a DHD trailer instead because it would just be more surprising like the WFT but it seems like it would actually make more sense if he was kept a secret now that you mention it. We'll just have to wait and find out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom