• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
I was expecting them to make a DHD trailer instead because it would just be more surprising like the WFT but it seems like it would actually make more sense if he was kept a secret now that you mention it. We'll just have to wait and find out.
True, true, the agonising wait continues...

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The Y2K bug is so real we're going to have to lock the thread at 1914 just to be safe. 1938 at the latest.

But asides from perhaps being a passing mention in your post, the amount of pages the thread has isn't a valid topic conversation. If it comes to it, a mass deletion of all posts that have the word "page" would be fun, no? Thanks Guys!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
The Y2K bug is so real we're going to have to lock the thread at 1914 just to be safe. 1938 at the latest.

But asides from perhaps being a passing mention in your post, the amount of pages the thread has isn't a valid topic conversation. If it comes to it, a mass deletion of all posts that have the word "page" would be fun, no? Thanks Guys!
Wait, including the one you just posted?

Well, seems like everything's ending sooner then we expected it. Seems fitting as Ridley's fate will most likely be revealed in the next day or so, so now it's time to get ready for the grand moment.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Day 2: Five Nights at Ridley's. He's showing up everywhere, but he's too shady to make out. I pray by day 5 I can leave this small room knowing the truth. Either way, one of us is gonna leave here dead, and one alive.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I want to think that Nintendo wouldn't reveal a lesser character like DHD and would go for one of (or all) the hype three or something, but then I remember the stupid mistakes they've made in the past (Pac-Man's reveal through a tweet? Seriously?).

So yeah, my expectations for a Ridley trailer are sadly quite low.

RidleyWright

Smash Rookie
Trailer idea.

We see the Wii Fit trainer training an unmistakable shadow really hard through different sets of workouts à la Doc Louis. Eventually the camera zooms in on Roidley unleashing and intimidating roar and the splash screen reads "Ridley makes a tight fit!". It goes to gameplay footage of the space pirate kicking some butt. Gameplay ends and goes to the post trailer where heavy weights surrounded with a blue/purple aura are being lifted. Mewtwo is then shown doing the lifting with telekinesis. Roidley and Mewtwo lock eyes on a death stare while the camera pans out with the Wii Fit trainer doing some hula hoops.

Last edited:

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I want to think that Nintendo wouldn't reveal a lesser character like DHD and would go for one of (or all) the hype three or something, but then I remember the stupid mistakes they've made in the past (Pac-Man's reveal through a tweet? Seriously?).

So yeah, my expectations for a Ridley trailer are sadly quite low.
Meh, I'd rather get DHD over Dr. Mario.

Once Ridley gets confirmed the first thing I want to see is an airborne battle between himself and Mega Charizard X.

Last edited:

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
I'm not too sure if I really cared about the tagline in Ridley's potential trailer. Though most of them are usually puns, except for Mega Man, but he's awesome enough without one.

I would go with "Ridley Swoops in" or "Ridley Soars into the battle!" Nothing too fancy. Though I guess I'm not clever enough to do that.

Heck, I'm not even expecting a trailer at all. And if we do get one, there's a real good chance it's not for Ridley. As much as I would like it to be. I'm excepting that we'll have to wait for the game to drop in Japan before we really, really, know what Ridley's suppose to do in this game.

As they say, expect the worst, hope for the best. I suggest doing the same ladies and gentlemen.
I prefer expect the unexpected. Since we're dealing with Sakurai, I feel that's a better moto to go by. :happysheep:

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
I prefer expect the unexpected. Since we're dealing with Sakurai, I feel that's a better moto to go by. :happysheep:
I just kind of want it to go like this: Treehouse thing goes by, showing Smash as normal, until the very end they just go. "Oh by the way Ridley's in" before showing his trailer at x100 speed

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
You know, if Ridley is in, it'll be weird seeing him labeled as a "Newcomer". He doesn't feel anything like a newcomer. He feels like a veteran, even if he's never been playable in Smash before.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
You know, if Ridley is in, it'll be weird seeing him labeled as a "Newcomer". He doesn't feel anything like a newcomer. He feels like a veteran, even if he's never been playable in Smash before.
Which just shows how long Ridley's been overdue to be in Smash.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Ridley has been in smash since the beginning, he flies around in the background of brinstar in 64. Definitely a newcomer veteran xD

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
So it is a given Ridley is playable in the game, but how excited would you be if his design is the Super Metroid design instead of the Other M one?

BertholdtFubar

Smash Cadet
So it is a given Ridley is playable in the game, but how excited would you be if his design is the Super Metroid design instead of the Other M one?
In terms of design I'd probably take anything over a straight Other M design. Anything from his classic looks to his Brawl look would be fine with me.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I actually expect this to be the case. Ridley is one of the prime(heh, prime) candidates for alt costumes imo(meta, omega, other m, classic all possible) but I expect his main appearance to be an homage to his classic form, probably with an other m skin or costume like hazardly.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Well its the final stretch everybody, If any support thread deserves there character in Smash, its this one right here. You guys are awesome. I can't count how many times this thread has made me laugh and smile, And I hope I have done the same to you guys. I'am going to keep believing in Ridley, he needs to be playable! Just wanted to say my piece before the eventual thread lock.

Last edited:

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
Well, in the time I've spent in this thread, the Other M design's kind of grown on me, sure Ridley is Ridley, I'd be kind of sad to see the lovable clone not be the playable for me

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
As everyone has alre
Well, in the time I've spent in this thread, the Other M design's kind of grown on me, sure Ridley is Ridley, I'd be kind of sad to see the lovable clone not be the playable for me
said, why not have both?
But we should feel lucky even if we only get one Ridley. Unless it's Captain N Ridley *shudders*
That abomination could be a boss though...

Top Bottom