• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
...having an alt. account means the things you post are fake...?
It means someone intentionally did that and it was @Dyburen's alt profile, who dissapeared right after Neo Zero revealed that it is his alt account. Why not post it as Dyburen? It makes it fake.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Guys that pic is fake. Seriously. Just because we say the pic is fake it doesn't mean we think Ridley isn't in the game. We just think that particular image is fake.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Huh? You guys are talking about a leaked render of Ridley? LET ME SEE--

Guys, I'm a friend of the ESRB guy you all know (the one that gave you previously the leaked screens about the character roster with Duck hunt dog, Dark pit, Dr. Mario, etc.). For obvious reasons he won't do it himself (he already got in trouble for leaking all that stuff in the end…), so he sent me this picture for you all, I hope you enjoy it. This is the last one you will get, so don't ask about anything more please. Peace.
...Oh.

Yeah, that looks too much like it was taken from somewhere off the internet. And we need more proof than that to show that he's playable, like his roster icon or him against other characters on a stage.

But I see that you people here have already debunked it, so this means we're back to where we started. It's not like I never believed in his chances anyway, in fact I still they're pretty Strong.

Last edited:

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
I'm sorry guys this will be the last time I say anything about the leak here (i promise) but apparently the pic of this leak is getting deleted on Miiverse and the only other time that happened was with the Bowser Jr. and Shulk trailers. Alright, done talking about this now.

EDIT: It was being deleted by Adminstrators, by the way.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
This is probably fake but lets hope it ends up being like the Palutena screenshot fiasco.
It IS fake. 100%. No matter how good it looks.
or have a mod lock this thread for us to cool down
That is a good idea, but i think they won't unlock it again.
I'm sorry guys this will be the last time I say anything about the leak here (i promise) but apparently the pic of this leak is getting deleted on Miiverse and the only other time that happened was with the Bowser Jr. and Shulk trailers. Alright, done talking about this now.
Could be its author deleting it to remove evidence.

Last edited:

CJReynz1492

Smash Rookie
Maybe the dude actually does have inside information and got that alt account pic from the ridley trailer :troll:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman

That is a good idea, but i think they won't unlock it again.

Could be its author deleting it to remove evidence.
im more worried that it would most likely happen soon (heck look at the users and guests viewing this thread rn)

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
I don't know at all, but I wonder if nintendo is going to try to stop any believable fake leaks to the best of their ability as we approach launch.

They wouldn't want people to see this fake and have people freak out when it isn't true.

Just a thought.

Edit*** Guys, don't worry about page limit. We are going to have an official Ridley forum created anyway in 6 days. :troll:

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
im more worried that it would most likely happen soon (heck look at the users and guests viewing this thread rn)
Eh, it calmed down a bit. But yeah, in this thread stuff can get stirred up pretty fast unfortunately. It's not Lock worthy yet though.

---

Change of subject:

We saw in the demo how the SSS (Stage Select Screen) has been changed around a lot.

Do you guys still think it's possible that unlockable stages (specifically, 3DS pyrosphere) can appear? :scared:

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Which is now irrelevant to Ridley's status just like it was with Paleutena. Any thing that is a text or picture is skeptical 100% with the exception of a video thanks to Shulk

Last edited:

Meandpikachu

Smash Journeyman
This is the Very Very Very Reallistic Leak ever!! REAL!! NOT FAKE!! OFFICIAL!! Ridley is Decomnfirmed... Very Sad... :'( @BridgeStuarts Joins the Battle!! Ronald Mcdonalds Joins Battle. Oliver joins battle! Ho ho ho!
Screen Shot 2014-09-06 at 9.41.51 PM.png

Last edited:

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Oh my God, after all of this s*** I've had to put up with from the very inception of this game, if Ridley seriously isn't playable in the finalized version, I'm going to have this initial reaction:

...Then I'll eat a banana.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
It is fake or at least not worth your time. It said that David Sobolov (yes) will be Ridley's voice and it was on a page that EVERYONE can edit. Even guests i think.
Late response, I know, but it was on vocaroo and some other page (I think?). It was probably nothing, but anything Ridley related will be relayed, I guess.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Eh, it calmed down a bit. But yeah, in this thread stuff can get stirred up pretty fast unfortunately. It's not Lock worthy yet though.

---

Change of subject:

We saw in the demo how the SSS (Stage Select Screen) has been changed around a lot.

Do you guys still think it's possible that unlockable stages (specifically, 3DS pyrosphere) can appear? :scared:
i suppose on the bright side is that its the topic was ridley based

This is the Very Very Very Reallistic Leak ever!! REAL!! NOT FAKE!! OFFICIAL!! Ridley is Decomnfirmed... Very Sad... :'( @BridgeStuarts Joins the Battle!! Ronald Mcdonalds Joins Battle. Oliver joins battle! Ho ho ho!
View attachment 24302
i dont remember sakurai asking my permission to be on the roster
edit: you know next time you add my name to stuff like this please dont use my full name without my permission

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

---

Change of subject:

Well, I thought I heard it was confirmed to only be on the Wii U only, although it might just be a speculation. But if it is on the 3DS as well, I wouldn't get too worried unless people confirmed to see Ridley as a stage hazard. If he's not presented on the stage, it will confirmed him playable, or at least not a hazard in the game.

Edit:

Also, 101 Guests now.

Last edited:

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Well, I thought I heard it was confirmed to only be on the Wii U only, although it might just be a speculation. But if it is on the 3DS as well, I wouldn't get too worried unless people confirmed to see Ridley as a stage hazard. If he's not presented on the stage, it will confirmed him playable, or at least not a hazard in the game.

Edit:

Also, 101 Guests now.
Pyrosphere will most likely be wii U exclusive, since it's from other M

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
For some reason I'm not as sure as I was before about Ridleys chances, we're a week away from release, I honestly hope there is a Direct very soon, because if not, maybe he really is just nothin-

No, I must not speak like that, he has a very good shot, who's to say he can't be in without a trailer! I must remain strong, Space Pirates never falter.

mashpotato samurai why must you toy with me this way

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Ok so the last three newcomer trailers consisted of

- an anime designed goddess with OP attacks

- an anime designed magic sword user with OP attacks
+ rule 63 of an anime designed swordsman as a bonus

- an anime designed futuristic sword user with OP attacks.....

Pleas tell me im not the only one who has a problem with this!

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
If only Sakurai stated all stage bosses would appear on both games. Then we know for sure Ridley's role.

Edit:

Now 111 guests. Come on, 10 more in just a minute?
I doubt Find Mii is in the Wii U version, so we've already got evidence against that.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Which is now irrelevant to Ridley's status just like it was with Paleutena. Any thing that is a text or picture is skeptical 100% with the exception of a video thanks to Shulk
IT never was. Leak is never revelant to character's chance of getting in unless it has him/her playable and is confirmed to be 100% true (like Shulk and Bowser Jr).
Ok so the last three newcomer trailers consitid of

Then we must have anime/manga Ridley with OP attacks! I know you will like manga Ridley more than Roidley because he exists and he is classic Ridley. And he is a lot smaller.
Also, you can't tell if attacks are OP or not. Falcon and Warlock punch look OP, but they are not. Super Sonic doesn't looks OP, but he is.

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
i suppose on the bright side is that its the topic was ridley based
It was on topic, to be fair, but it got a bit carried away.

But it always happens when we find new info, no matter if it's legit or false.

Almost 200 viewers in this thread is a lot though. As I said before, this support thread is way to popular for it's own good. :laugh:

---

Anyways, it seems to me that Sakurai is going to ride out 3DS pics for the last PoTDs. Thus, my prediction that Ridley won't get revealed in a PoTD will most likely come true. While I will admit I'm pretty pessimistic of Ridley's chances now, it's still amazing that Ridley even survived Smash 4 speculation. Maybe wounded from the boss tease, but not completely dead.

So, in my opinion hopefully there will be a trailer for him (I doubt it though, any trailer will most likely be a leaked character). Because, if Sakurai was dancing around Ridley for a reason, then I would think he would not want Japanese players to steal the thunder from him. Ridley not even being mentioned before the 3DS release, IMO, would be unfortunate. Nothing objective against him, but even after over a year he didn't even get a trailer? Worrying, that's for sure.

I think it's speculation; I don't believe it's been confirmed that it was only Wii U stage. It's likely that that is the case, though.

1.why
2.wow
...not to be a nag, but please have more substance to your posts. This seems kind of spammy.

Pyrosphere will most likely be wii U exclusive, since it's from other M
This is logical assumption, however, which is why I'm not betting on a 3DS Pyropshere appearance. But it's still possible.

Ridley being only a boss in one version of the game...ugh, far worst then what he got in Brawl :urg:

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

- an anime designed magic sword user with OP attacks/Bonus rule 63 of an anime swordsman

Metroid Anime confirmed?

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503

+ rule 63 of an anime designed swordsman as a bonus

Request denied. You are the only one. Please wash your neck before reporting to Debriefing. :evil:

If anything, it lends credence to the Ridley v. Mewtwo trailer!

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Also, you can't tell if attacks are OP or not. Falcon and Warlock punch look OP, but they are not. Super Sonic doesn't looks OP, but he is.
Sarcastically over exaggerated the OP attack part. Just going by what Zipzo said about them.

Palutena's smash reach is incredible. Her up smash is the giant pillar laser beam thing. Her side smash moves a bit forward and her wings slap in front of her. Her Upsmash is the one I'm most afraid of. Throws I did not test, but her Upsmash is freaking ridiculous

Robin is FANTASTIC. Magic is not slow, when he has his spell book his attack speed is really good. If you use a smash attack in the air IT USES HIS MAGIC SMASHES. If you use a normal aerial it uses his other weapon. Let me reaffirm this. Robin feels AMAZING.

His sword has incredible range. He plays similarly to Ike in terms of his movements but a wee bit faster. Do not misinterpret this as me saying he's a clone of Ike, he's a completely fresh character, but I have pretty high hopes for Shulk. His Up Smash is similar to palutena's but a bit smaller, his fsmash has a ridiculous hitbox infront of him. Changing to certain monado stances will make him faster, or stronger. Shulk is such a magnificently deep character it's almost mind-blowing to think what his top players will do with him.

But enough about bais lets go back to talking about Ridley.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
ERMAHGERD GAISE NEW LEAK!!!1!!

dfsdzfvdxfsdfsdfsdf.png

DFLKSDHFKJHSDKFHSDJKHDJKLAHLDHLASJHDLASHDJLHASNLCJKABJCHLAHDLHJKHLKHDLHDKLHADADAODHOAHDFHAHFKEHKFJBBAKDBFKJASBFJBAKJDBAJBCJKABCKJBAKJCBKHADVHFKBSHKEBFJKAEGIURGQIERGUIWQGERUIWQHEUIRYWEUIRHIUQWEGFIUWEGOGFGQIWO

RIDLEY CONFIRMED!!!1!!1!1!!

Lol, no

If only Sakurai stated all stage bosses would appear on both games. Then we know for sure Ridley's role.

Edit:

Now 111 guests. Come on, 10 more in just a minute?
Don't think he will anyway, unless the Find Mii stage is also on the Wii U version.

Request denied. You are the only one. Please wash your neck before reporting to Debriefing. :evil:

If anything, it lends credence to the Ridley v. Mewtwo trailer!
That'd be a pretty awesome trailer too.

If it happens, and it's also involved with the supposed leaked trailer showing a bunch of characters fighting a bunch of Miis, I hope it ends up being a Starters vs Miis vs Unlockables (all of them appearing as shadows except for Mewtwo and Ridley, who apparently became BFFs after their little brawl)

Last edited:

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
That'll be the funniest part of when he's confirmed; people thinking smash was canon this whole time.
Really late response, but how the heck can they think a game where Link and Ganondorf can team up to fight Zelda is cannon?

Well we're nearing the end guys. I hope we all get to play as him soon. If I knew how to post videos I'd put Howdy Doody Time's farewell video...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wasn't there a purple charizard costume?

Sakurai's all like

"There, there is your Ridley"

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
The only reason this leak seems slightly real is it getting deleted off Miiverse.....
Its author could delete it.

Sakurai's all like

"There, there is your Aerodactyl"
Fixed. He is white with purple wings/parts of his wings.
Really late response, but how the heck can they think a game where Link and Ganondorf can team up to fight Zelda is cannon?
where Link and Ganondorf can team up to fight Zelda is cannon?
to fight Zelda is cannon?
Yeah. No one ever thought that it was a cannon.
...Yeah, it is really stupid argument. Also, you can beat ANYONE, including MEWTWO AND FREAKING GANONDORF with Pichu or Jigglypuff. That already makes it NOT canon. And that there is 2 Links at once. And that there can be 4 same characters at once. And many other things.

Found something:

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Sakurai's all like

"There, there is your Ridley"
Except everyone and their mama prove that Charizard's alt is indeed :142:'s. So no, if Sakurai considered that to be a Ridley alt, he literally is stupid as all hell. But we know he isn't, right Sakurai?

Edit:

@BaganSmashBros, can you tell me how you do that with people's quotes (split their quotes into parts)?

Last edited:
Top Bottom