• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
I wouldn't even expect Bowser Jr. With Brawl, Sakurai revealed all of the starting characters (plus 3rd party stuff) before the game came out. After Brawl came out, he revealed characters according to the number of VS Matches required to unlock them (so, Ness, Marth, Luigi, ...Jigglypuff, Toon Link, Wolf). We got their reveal trailers through gradual leaks of Subspace. Once we do start getting unlocked character trailers on the site, it seems Ridley will be towards the end.

Lucina's likely a special case to get people used to more full-on clones.
Little B is more of a pipedream. I don't ACTUALLY expect him to be revealed, but I want to see it.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
That's...kinda horrifying to be honest. Hopefully we don't get any PoTD's involving Ridley. I don't understand why some people want him to be in one. That's a BAD thing!
There is almost no chance that they will reveal Ridley as a boss within one of this week's pics. This is the week before the 3DS version is released in Japan; they're going to focus on things either exclusive to the 3DS version, or things that appear in both versions. If Ridley is a boss, he won't be appearing in the 3DS version at all. Thus, they have no reason to reveal him.

RampagingRidley

Smash Rookie

I have pleased the lord.
Also, when do we expect the whole roster to be leaked? I'm betting on September 10th.
I've never laughed so hard at any post before. And I'm thinking either the 9th or 10th, but I'm hoping it'll be in the next two days

majora_787

Smash Hero
I can say it looks WEIRD but I can't even really say it looks FAKE. I mean I thought the official Shulk render looked fake with how ridiculous it looked and how it overlapped with Little Mac, but here we are.

I'm filing it under "maybe" and "we'll know in a few days".

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
So this is a first look into the fake leaks to come.

Prepare your booties boys, this is gonna be a bumpy last week.
Actually there was another one before this showed up. However with a mod confirming the user used a alt account, I think it might had been the same one I reported earlier. :p

Edit:

Also... Users: 81, Guests: 90. Here we go again. Crashboard start your countdown.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
There is almost no chance that they will reveal Ridley as a boss within one of this week's pics. This is the week before the 3DS version is released in Japan; they're going to focus on things either exclusive to the 3DS version, or things that appear in both versions. If Ridley is a boss, he won't be appearing in the 3DS version at all. Thus, they have no reason to reveal him.
What I mean is. If Ridley is indeed NOT playable, and he's not revealed this coming week...Then that means we'll start getting images from Japan and then we'll learn that way if he's not playable and is really a boss on Pyrosphere. So this week is a big week.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
http://eddy-shinjuku.deviantart.com/art/METROID-Cosmic-Duet-382808746

Maaaaaybe the leak based on this one, but heavily modified? Possible, methinks.

Yeah, based off the IMDB. Most likely not legitimate since IMDB can be edited by anybody.

Also, Ridley most likely does not need a voice actor, regardless of role.

It seems that the last PoTDs will be all 3DS pics, so I doubt it. Unless he unexpectedly reveals Ridley and 3DS Pyrosphere at the same time one night...
welp lets see (i tried posting this before but smashboards crashed on me so if this somehow is posted twice by me, forgive me mods)

Edit: oh and i got :4greninja:'d thanks to smashboards crashing on me, oh well atleast someone had the same wave lengths as me at the time XD

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
nope, this

Yep, imo there definitely won't be any new character reveals before launch day.

But if Ridley is a boss, they're saving him for a Wii U exclusive PotD after the 3DS version has launched, so I'm not worried about him being deconfirmed this week either.
You are probably right, I can see how that could be modified.

Glad that's taken care off, let's not dwell on it too much anymore Ridley fans. Don't want this thread filled with leak talk again (And I'm now guilty of it too)

CJReynz1492

Smash Rookie
I'm almost certain this video was brought up before, since this thread is VERY thorough when it comes to new things involving Ridley. I am also certain that what this guy talks about has been discussed already, despite claiming it hasn't been discussed before, since again, you guys are so thorough.

But, on the off chance that someone hasn't posted this (I'd look through to check but this thread is so massive it would take me several hours to make sure it wasn't mentioned in passing), I'm going to leave it here, if only just for ****z and giggles:

Now, I've heard the "Ridley grabs Pikachu" thing, but I always assumed he did so after he starts to fly off-screen. Instead, he does it while still on-screen, which I never realized. It sounds like this guy's thoroughly convinced, and I certainly am convinced, but I know enough people are willing to dismiss it or play the Devil's advocate on this to dampen and potential hype this might have... especially considering this was released several MONTHS after the initial Nintendo Direct.
This guy literally looks like shokio with funneled hair..maybe it is him and perhaps his hair is covering up his lobotomy a certain space pirate gave him.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Things are going to get crazier from here on out folks.
Especially since things really won't stop even after the Wii U version comes out.
With the possibility of DLC, unless a character gets flat-out deconfirmed, people aren't going to give up on their most wanted characters.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
It looks more like a 2D artwork, it doesn't match with the 3D-ish models of the rest of the characters.
Also we all know he isn't playable anyways.

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Especially since things really won't stop even after the Wii U version comes out.
With the possibility of DLC, unless a character gets flat-out deconfirmed, people aren't going to give up on their most wanted characters.
Eh. If Ridley isn't in the 3DS version, I'll cut my losses, eat my delicious humble pie, and call it a day. Maybe I can challenge some of you guys at a rousing duel of the smash bretheren, but otherwise, I'll fade into the void...

majora_787

Smash Hero
This guy literally looks like shokio with funneled hair..maybe it is him and perhaps his hair is covering up his lobotomy a certain space pirate gave him.
Hey, Etika's cool. Nobody deserves to be compared to Shokio. Nobody asked for this. D:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I can say it looks WEIRD but I can't even really say it looks FAKE. I mean I thought the official Shulk render looked fake with how ridiculous it looked and how it overlapped with Little Mac, but here we are.

I'm filing it under "maybe" and "we'll know in a few days".
It has been posted by one of the user's alt accounts. His username started with Dy or at least D. So, it is fake.
It looks like cropped version of this image:

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
welp lets see (i tried posting this before but smashboards crashed on me so if this somehow is posted twice by me, forgive me mods)

Edit: oh and i got :4greninja:'d thanks to smashboards crashing on me, oh well atleast someone had the same wave lengths as me at the time XD
hmm....idk....there were similarities in the Dr. Mario picture as well...

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby

Remember the Dr. Mario fiasco? Or the fact that the Mario Sunshine render matches perfectly with Mario SSB4 Render? Yeah, me too. There's still a chance it's based off this though...But I feel that this does not debunk the leak in any shape or form.

Shaboba

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1760-9183-5135
Are we still discussing this proven fake leak? I think we've run this about as deep into the ground as it's gonna get, guys... :\

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Remember the Dr. Mario fiasco? Or the fact that the Mario Sunshine render matches perfectly with Mario SSB4 Render? Yeah, me too. There's still a chance it's based off this though...But I feel that this does not debunk the leak in any shape or form.
oh yes i remember that, and i also said in an earlier post mentioning the sunshine mario post. even if this picture is fake. im pretty sure ridleys icon would at least be inspired by his previous pictures. im gonna be THAT guy and assume it'll be inspired by brawl ridley picture

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
But the fact that it is someone's alt account DOES.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Are we still discussing this proven fake leak? I think we've run this about as deep into the ground as it's gonna get, guys... :\
"Proven Fake"?
we have not received any concrete evidence on it being fake....

...having an alt. account means the things you post are fake...?

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Also the docmario comparison is not a good one because there are a million renders of mario on the net, and he is a much simpler character, with a much more standardized design. Ridley is none of those things.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Also we all know he isn't playable anyways.

Weeman pls.

Y u do dis?

That may be true, but it really does look like fanart. Honestly.

We'll see in a week, though.

Eh. If Ridley isn't in the 3DS version, I'll cut my losses, eat my delicious humble pie, and call it a day. Maybe I can challenge some of you guys at a rousing duel of the smash bretheren, but otherwise, I'll fade into the void...
Understandable. If Ridley isn't an unlockable in the 3DS version, then I think he's done for. All that teasing for no trailer? And then not even being a super secret unlockable? Then imo, in the end we should have taken everything at face value and Nintendo's marketing poorly handled one of the fanbases most popular and wanted characters.

DLC or Wii U marketing shenanigans is probable but ultimately very unlikely and wishful thinking.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
[collapse=Off topic]Can you send a link of that? I'd like to see that, cuz I think Mario did had that pose in SMS also, but I'm not sure.[/collapse]

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
"Proven Fake"?

Let it go. It is fake. And if Ridley is confirmed, that means absolutely nothing for Mewtwo (and vice-versa), btw.

D

Deleted member

Every Ridley Image leak that has ever appeared in a nutshell.

5 more days people, we can hold out and stop having faith in obviously fake image leaks right?

So yeah...being skeptical is cool...
[collapse=Hey look! More random Metroid Art from Tumblr]

Samus seems more sassy than usual.

And some more:

[/collapse]
[collapse=And you all thought that Ridley towered over Power Suit Samus]
[/collapse]

And the obligatory size joke:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
"Proven Fake"?

Did you miss the part where a mod came in an exposed it to be an alt of account of a user here?

Last edited:

SolarKirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolarKirby
Doesn't debunk it TBH, just hurts the credibility. Like, a lot. I'm not saying this leak is actually real, I just want to see if it could somehow turn out to be real...Lot's of people (including me) quickly rushed to call the ESRB leak fake, then it turned out to be real. Some credibility I have even with the deviantart pic would be
1. Too many unnecessary features to change, just like the ESRB leak.
2. The fact that Kirby is player 2 instead of 4, but could be an easy switch to give the appearance of being fake.

I get that most of you say it's fake, but y'know...It still has a glimmer of hope in my eyes. I can't exactly come up with an explanation with why that guy defended his own alt account besides the fact it would be fake, but stranger things have happened...

Top Bottom