• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Ridley's thoughts on ppl thinking he is too big

Anyways, jokes aside, i will check back in later when something actually confirms him or there's new possible evidence confirming him.
Hot Ridley Body warning

"I AM Big"

IMG_0923.PNG

Pttthbtthh Pthtth ptttbh

There was a different picture here before

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Lmao that face is like "HAAAAAAAH i told you you couldn't take it

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

Anyways, jokes aside, i will check back in later when something actually confirms him or there's new possible evidence confirming him.
Top hat and monocle alt costume confirmed..?

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
So I was pouring some Froot Loops earlier today and the last ones that came out of the bag were purple and green, the same colors as NES Ridley. Not only that, but the purple one was bigger than the rest because it was two purple ones stuck together. Ridley confirmed?

And yeah, everything'll definitely crash. Though at that point, we'll have been getting steady leaks for a while most likely (assuming we don't get a super-leak before the release), so the staff may set something up like they did with the demo Q&A.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ok, i skipped pages again. What did i missed?
I just realized... If Ridley is confirmed... The forums will explode so much... Crashboards for days.
Days? Pfft. FOR EHTEHRNITY! Or at least until someone will post a HD (or at least not that blurry s**t that confirmed that ESBR leak because that makes it unpleasant to look at) video with his gameplay. THEN it will go beyond that.
Top hat and monocle alt costume confirmed..?
Black-and-red Ridley with top hat, monocle AND REGGINATOR SUIT alt confirmed. His body is ready, sir.

So, 1 week left? Feels like we'll have to wait for at least 1 more month before being able to rest in peace. Or be excited.

Last edited:

Crainy

Smash Apprentice

Do you happen to have that by any chance in wallpaper size?

Hong

The Strongest
@ DustyPumpkin DustyPumpkin
Remember that SmashBoards is a family-friendly website, and E for Everyone. That image doesn't explicitly reveal nudity, but it's still inappropriate. :)

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
@ DustyPumpkin DustyPumpkin
Remember that SmashBoards is a family-friendly website, and E for Everyone. That image doesn't explicitly reveal nudity, but it's still inappropriate. :)
So put it in a spoiler with warning then?

Damn you Ridley showing off your toned body for everyone to see

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664

Women can talk for HOURS even if it is just small talk....Poor Ridley got bored to sleep:tired:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
So put it in a spoiler with warning then?

Damn you Ridley showing off your toned body for everyone to see
Look at dat nice body!

You know you like it!
...I couldn't resist...So, i've got a new argument that you can't counter - Ridley is too fanservice-y. Everyone would fail to focus on fight when there is such a good-looking guys. Even guys won't be able to look away from him. So, everyone, go home, we lost.
...I can make more of those images if i will get references for poses i need. Am i allowed to post that or is it NSFW (because dem "muscles") too?

Also, there is Ridley Sports Club (www.ridleysportsclub.com)...but how can it exist if Ridley is so thin?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So I emailed Nintendo's corporate office last week. I tried to get them to take my bait, and accidentally confirm Ridley's status in the game. This is what I sent:

Hello! I'm a major fan of Nintendo, in fact I own every Nintendo console (even the virtual boy!) and I've been playing Nintendo games for me entire life. I'm emailing you specifically about Super Smash Bros for 3DS/Wii U. I'm very much anticipating this title. In fact, I have actually gotten my young cousin (he's 11) excited about it himself. I got him a Wii U last year, and he's been loving it. Every time I see him, he tells me how he can't wait for Smash Brothers. One thing has me concerned, however. I've seen some pictures online of one of the playable characters in the game, Ridley. I'm familiar with the Metroid series and the Ridley character, and I'm actually pretty excited that you've included him in the playable roster for the new game. He seems like he'll be very unique. That being said, I worry about how violent the character will play. Like I said, I'm familiar with the character and I understand he's supposed to be a vicious space dragon. My concern is if the way he plays bumps Smash up to the an M rating from the ESRB, I'm worried my aunt my not allow my cousin to have the game. I understand how Smash works, but she doesn't. She'll look at the rating and it's be no-go. Obviously I don't want you to alter the game (as I said, I'm actually quite excited to play as Ridley). I'm just really hoping it doesn't get an M rating. I haven't been able to find the game's rating online, would you be able to let me know what the rating the game received is? If it's M, i'd like to start now in casually convincing my aunt that the game will be fine for my cousin. Thanks for any help!

Today, I got this response:
I read your email and I understand you concern. At Nintendo of America, we support the ESRB rating system, and we do not advocate somebody under the age of 17 playing or viewing the gameplay of an M rated game. However, rest assured that Super Smash Bros for the 3DS and Super Smash Bros for the Wii U are both designed for wide audiences. While neither has been officially rated by the ESRB, we have strong reason to believe that neither installment will receive an M rating. In regards to the character Ridley having violent tendencies, while the final roster for the game has not yet been announced, I was able to take a look at the character. While he is true to his home game form, he is certainly not designed in a way that would likely cause a boost to the game's overall rating.

I hope I've been able to provide the answer you were looking for. Please feel free to contact us in the future with any further concerns using the official Nintendo website, and make sure to keep an eye on the official Super Smash Bros website for information on the game and it's roster, as not all playable characters have been officially revealed.

Thanks again for contacting Nintendo!

I'm not sure what to make of this. At two points in the email, the rep mentions that the final roster hasn't been officially announced. On one hand, she mentions that she was able to "look at the character" and notes how he true to game form. It seems she was clearly not trying to reveal Ridley's role in the game. Not sure what to think on the matter.

EDIT: since on facebook people think this was somehow an automated response... I'd like to point out the first sentence in the reponse email. Notice how she says "I understand you concern". Not "your". This was typed by a person. Not automated. And I DID NOT re-type the email. It was a copy paste. If this was some extremely specific auto-reply, there would be NO typo. But this was an easy typo that spell check wouldn't find.
Reposting it because it was the best bait we have ever seen and it worked!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Look at dat nice body!

You know you like it!
...I couldn't resist...So, i've got a new argument that you can't counter - Ridley is too fanservice-y. Everyone would fail to focus on fight when there is such a good-looking guys. Even guys won't be able to look away from him. So, everyone, go home, we lost.
...I can make more of those images if i will get references for poses i need. Am i allowed to post that or is it NSFW (because dem "muscles") too?

Also, there is Ridley Sports Club (www.ridleysportsclub.com)...but how can it exist if Ridley is so thin?
Look at dem sexy abs! Maybe that's why people say too big...

Ridley is in smash bros. I work at nintendo......
We don't need a troll who can't show evidence to prove he is in

Last edited:

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Look at dat nice body!

You know you like it!

samus: wabadabadaba dat true?
Ridley: yea
Hunters: POSE FOR THE FANS!
Ridley: (making above pose) SCREEEEAAACH!!!

Hong

The Strongest
Oh right, Better get @ Dyguren Dyguren to unquote that too
The reason why I didn't warn you or edit your posts myself is because it's just a friendly suggestion, from one user to another. I like you and the community at large, so I would hate to see someone get in trouble when they were just having fun. It's not the worst thing in the world, so I don't put on my mod hat unless I need to. You're alright. :)

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
It said Ridley would appear on the 3ds version and didn't correct him when saying Ridley was playable. It helps. A lot.

Lilo and Ridley confirmed to be the new Ice Climbers
Ah right. Good to know that we have at least a little thing from Ninty themselves.

Also, can someone please make that a thing through art? Please?

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
This really comes down to one thing right now, is the leak roster the /full/ roster, or is it just most characters unlocked.

Are games usually 100% beaten when reviewed by HSBR/whoever reviews these games?

SuperSmashLeak

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
No Proof?
EDIT: I cant show the link because it would give you the link to the developers site.

Last edited:

Dracandros

Smash Cadet
Wow, I didn't think anybody knew about Etrian Odyssey on a place like this. Well, maybe a few others but still :).

That said, I actually don't know what to think of Ridley's chances right now but I know I need to not take in so much information right now because there is so much of it. I really do want to see if there is another trailer before the game comes out or if we get some information early from a place like Hong Kong.

I really hope that we get Ridley after all of this.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
This really comes down to one thing right now, is the leak roster the /full/ roster, or is it just most characters unlocked.

Are games usually 100% beaten when reviewed by HSBR/whoever reviews these games?
Most, the padlock is our savior!
What? Where did it say that? I scanned the reply and it doesn't mention Ridley being in the 3DS version.
The reply mentioned both versions of smash before Ridley, and Ridley was the main reason for a boosted rating. Ridley is believed to be a stage boss for a Wii U exclusive stage
@ Xenorange Xenorange Who's the smart guy now?

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
There's no way Sakurai would let Ridley just be casually leaked by people who have the Japanese version next weekend.
Do you guys expect a reveal trailer this week?

Top Bottom