• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Sounds fake.
1. Sakurai said no gimmicks.
2. The second thing (Flying, bow wielding shadow) sounds like Dark Pit. He's a playable character. Not a boss.
Thanks for the clarification. I myself didn't fuly believe it.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
GOOD NEWS
a.pomf.se/dgthdo.webm
In this video you can see that Purple Charizard is just :142:
And that Dark Emperor only roars like he does in Find Mii
Aaaaaaaactually it's

kisamehoshi34

Smash Apprentice
nvm can we get more video on the japan and where we can get those? and the dark emperor do mostly nothing and last thing do they play with the full roster even with secret character?

Last edited:

Redcard

Smash Cadet
I posted this earlier, but I keep thinking about it since obviously the most common argument is that he's a stage boss.

The more I read this, the less it seems like it means "stage boss" appearances. It literally (literally) just says "Other boss character appearances.
Ridley was a boss in Brawl.
He's a boss in a ton of Metroid games.
I feel like it would say something more referencing to stage hazards. The whole comment seems far too vague to not be hiding something.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
nvm can we get more video on the japan and where we can get those? and the dark emperor do mostly nothing and last thing do they play with the full roster even with secret character?
No. The only characters available are those on the site, minus Lucina.

There are no character unlocks at all in the demo version. There do seem to be Smash Coins, dunno about trophies.

SmashAdr

Smash Apprentice
I posted this earlier, but I keep thinking about it since obviously the most common argument is that he's a stage boss.

The more I read this, the less it seems like it means "stage boss" appearances. It literally (literally) just says "Other boss character appearances.
Ridley was a boss in Brawl.
He's a boss in a ton of Metroid games.
I feel like it would say something more referencing to stage hazards. The whole comment seems far too vague to not be hiding something.
in japan version is says other boss gimmicks come up

Redcard

Smash Cadet
The 'Boss characters appear on other stages' can't be used, the Japanses version said boss gimmick. Ridley was still worded vaguely whn Pyrosphere was shown
Alright, well now I guess I'm reaching for a certain drinking instrument, but in Metroid, Ridley is pretty grapple-y. Maybe the "boss gimmicks" are a nod that his moveset will be like they are in his game?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This is the first I've heard of it.

Do we have a fluent Japanese speaker (similar to the French guy a while back) who can vouch for this?
I'm pretty sure Zipzo told us that, and considering Zipzo is either Japanese or lives there, we can take his word for it. Not that it matters, he is still teasing Ridley and hasn't clarified his role

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Lol yeah.

So how did everyone react when this was first brought up? It doesn't seem like it's dissuaded any of you guys.
We bashed everyone, what's the point in making a made where you play as the bosses when they fight like a bunch of pebbles? To make Ridley semi-playable? You could easily just make him a normal character!

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Brawl never had any wiimote gimicks, which was done to keep the game simple and fun, not tacky. The same will happen here, SSB just isn't the kind of game that needs or calls for gimicks like these

Malle

Smash Apprentice
Double Post
The thing with this text is that it CAN be completely UNRELATED to Ridley, yes, believe it or not. But it can be, and the whole clip and footage after the Yellow Devil is only a way to put us off and then be surprised later. There are some gimmicks, yes, like the Dark Emperor with the buffs and all, but this doesn't have to add to Ridley due to how vaguely it was presented.

Brawl never had any wiimote gimicks, which was done to keep the game simple and fun, not tacky. The same will happen here, SSB just isn't the kind of game that needs or calls for gimicks like these
Ofc it had! You could do smash attacks by waving the wii-mote! :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
So .....yeah.....leaving behind the gimmicks subject, which has been repeated dunno how many times during these 1836 pages.....

Would you love some metal ridley alt skin if he gets in? :p

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
Ofc it had! You could do smash attacks by waving the wii-mote! :troll:
I always used the Wiimote+Nunchuk on Brawl, so I used Shake Smash to Snakedash (could get it to work a good bit of the time, too!).

And a Meta Ridley skin would be amazing. On a related note, I think there's the possibility of unlocking alternate skins, since some people are saying that not all characters have 8 alts in the demo.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135

Well I guess it explains why quite a few veterans haven't been revealed yet, they're some of the unlockable characters. And I'm Pretty sure Ridley will be a unlockable as well, but I'll be very surprised if we don't get a official reveal before the Japanese release for him.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601

Miiverse is alright if you ignore literally everything and focus on the nice pictures

Last edited:

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
Ridley's thoughts on ppl thinking he is too big

Anyways, jokes aside, i will check back in later when something actually confirms him or there's new possible evidence confirming him.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario

Miiverse is alright if you ignore literally everything and focus on the nice pictures
That's my ideology.

It works sometimes but my lust for argument turns me astray and makes me want to "fix" the wrong doings of that community. It never works.

Last edited:
Top Bottom