• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
What is with all these new people on, GAH I can't understand what's going on. Is there some new info from real or fake sources or did some people organized a synchronized troll attempt on the space pirate stronghold?
Both? There were some people trying to troll this place right before the Big Smash 3DS Demo discussion happened, so if the 3DS Demo was also a troll moment (which seems highly likely due to what has happening of there), then I guess?

I don't see Ridley grabbing anything.
I think the same too, but I'm not sure now.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
You're implying that they should've had the game complete and ready to ship 5 months ago. For starters, if you watch that trailer, there's clearly things not fully right like DeDeDe's sleeves going nuts when he charges his hammer. Sakurai even leads in with the fact that the game is still a work in progress and things could change. Heck, the Destiny beta was just a month ago and it still had plenty of things wrong with it because guess what? A game generally isn't fully ready to be played until just before release. Anything you get before then, if shown in-engine, will more than likely have something wrong with it, somewhere. Heck, we're still getting PsOTD that have noticeable issues, like Link breaking his neck in one to look behind him, or one of Falcon's profile pictures having his neck nearly broken, plus his collar clipping into his face.
There's a very huge difference between glitches (Example: DeDeDe's sleeves going nuts) and AI not being done. AI and things like that were definitely done by then. Glitches like what was happening to DeDeDe on the other hand wouldn't be.

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
So anyways

what is that trailer floating around with like all the smash characters and a bunch of miis?

I can't find it anywhere but I've heard about it.

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
[quote="AuraShaman, post: 17486829, member: 25554h'know, this hit me a long time ago. In every Metroid game, Ridley has always been bigger than Samus; even the NES Ridley. I personally believe the real key aspect of Ridley is his size compared to Samus. I feel that if he can be downscaled to be barely taller than Bowser, Ridley can still keep that key aspect; Ridley will still be bigger than Samus, and he should bode well enough for the majority of the Smash fans...give it time because of his controversial status. But hey, clever way to define a character! Eh? Ehhhhh? :denzel:[/quote]
I don't disagree. If Ridley is to be playable he can be downsized, but he has to be bigger than Bowser. He's not nearly as bulky as Bowser though. They can actually play up his wingspan to make him appear bigger than what he is.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Video of another boss fight.

This time on find Mii...

Dark Emperor sits around a lot...

T.T

ridles1

Smash Rookie
So there is a demo out or something? I assume we can not expect any news on ridley from it correct?

Chrollo.

fka president wario
So anyways

what is that trailer floating around with like all the smash characters and a bunch of miis?

I can't find it anywhere but I've heard about it.
I've seen screenshots of it on 4chan, looks like a cool trailer, the guy says that the Miis are 3 of the last characters (Gunner, Brawler, Swordsman) and rumor has it on twitter they are 3 of the last characters (although all the tweets are in Japanese).

On topic and to add to the Ridley speculation, what if the recent PoTD showing off Allstar mode's padlock was Sakurai's way of saying "I still have some surprises for you ehehehehe"? And what if Ridley is one of those surprises?

Last edited:

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman

This time on find Mii...

T.T
I was just about to point that out.

While he does idly meander around the stage, when he DOES come into contact with a character, he's very active. Yellow Devil also just stands around for a portion of his time. Bosses gotta take some breaks, y'know?

Anyway, I'm off to bed since it's 2 AM ._. See you guys in the morning.

Last edited:

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard

This time on find Mii...

T.T
I imagine all the bosses will behave this way. If bosses obstruct the players too much it'll get annoying really fast. All the more reason I don't think Ridley is a typical stage boss..

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
"Video"

This time on find Mii...

T.T
I thought Dark Emperor was confirmed to be a boss that idled for a bit then came onto the stage an attack the players (similar to Dialga from Brawl). So unless Dark Emperor is known to be actually vicious, moving around a lot, and always attacks in his actual games, then we could worry. Until then, it's not a problem.

So there is a demo out or something? I assume we can not expect any news on ridley from it correct?
Correct. We'll most likely get news of Ridley if he's confirmed playable on the 3DS version (as Pyrosphere is confirmed to not be on the 3DS) or get a direct about the Wii U version (which seems unlikely right now).

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman

This time on find Mii...

T.T
And people say this is a good representation of Ridley, a boring and intrusive stage obstacle. Just like in the games!

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Just watch that video. If Ridley isn't playable, why did he let Pikachu just wiggle away like that? Doesn't make sense. Ridley as a boss should be aggressive.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
I've seen screenshots of it on 4chan, looks like a cool trailer, the guy says that the Miis are 3 of the last characters (Gunner, Brawler, Swordsman) and rumor has it on twitter they are 3 of the last characters (although all the tweets are in Japanese)

On topic and to add to the Ridley speculation, what if the recent PoTD showing off Allstar mode's padlock was Sakurai's way of saying "I still have some surprises for you ehehehehe"? And what if Ridley is one of those surprises?
Any direct links or tweets of that stuff?

Other than that I wonder if they'll reference other monsters of the Metroid series aside from the "most likely a thing" Kraid Color?

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294

This time on find Mii...

T.T
Most of the time he's not on the same plane as the fighters. When he is he seems about as active as any other boss.
Worth noting is that his attacks are telegraphed and his movements and transitions are fluent.

Also, everyone, if you're going to quote Swamp, please delete the video from the quote like how I did in this post. It's going to lag the page.
Thanks. :4pacman:
My little ol' laptop can only handle so much. ;_;

Last edited:

Darkraid

Smash Champion
That video gave me a lot of hope for Ridley to be playable. What that dude says is all true. I was fighting Master Hand yesterday and he grabbed me. And threw me hard on the floor. So Ridley grabbing Pikachu and not smashing him makes no sense. Unless he is playable of course.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Most of the time he's not on the same plane as the fighters. When he is he seems about as active as any other boss.
Worth noting is that his attacks are telegraphed and his movements and transitions are fluent.
Yes. Ridley was doing nothing ON the stage, while DM was OFF the stage. So if a stage hazard is on the stage, they must be doing some form of attacking, which Ridley did not.

Also, everyone, if you're going to quote Swamp, please delete the video from the quote like how I did in this post. It's going to lag the page.
Thanks. :4pacman:
My little ol' laptop can only handle so much. ;_;
Fixed. Sorry bout that m8. ;)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait, so a video's been shown off? The good kind which gives hope or the bad kind which crushes dreams?
Depends on how you look at it.

It crushes my dreams though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That other boss doesn't move around too much, like Yellow Devil. So I'm guess that's how they all will act? Understandable. You wouldn't want them to be too in your face. But when they do something, they actually attack.

But it is weird how Ridley doesn't seem to attack or toss anyone in his "boss" footage. He sort of....let's Pikachu go. That could imply that someone used him to grab and moved out of the screen.

Eh, I should follow my own advice and wait it out.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Correct. We'll most likely get news of Ridley if he's confirmed playable on the 3DS version (as Pyrosphere is confirmed to not be on the 3DS) or get a direct about the Wii U version (which seems unlikely right now).
Why would you expect any information on Ridley? We already know that this demo doesn't have the full roster (Lucina isn't playable). So why would you expect an unannounced character there?

KingBroly

Smash Lord
The one thing that makes me think Ridley will be playable is the internet. As we've been told before, Sakurai is well aware of almost every Smash community and what their feelings/knowledge are. If he didn't know about the Palutena thing, he probably wouldn't have jerked us around at the Smash Direct with the fake Palutena trophy, or the Goddess of Light Statue. He would've just shown Palutena as a Trophy or being playable.

Remember when the Mysterious Murasame Castle or whatever was announced for the VC in North America? A lot of people started getting hyped that Takamaru would be announced as playable soon because of it. What happened? That night, Sakurai confirmed he was Assist Trophy, crushing the hopes and dreams of many.

If Ridley wasn't playable, and indeed a boss character, I think he would've made his move already. He would've drank our tears all week and de-aged another 10 years. For this game, Sakurai has always been quick to crush dreams and drink from our eye sockets when he wanted to deconfirm things. When something was real, he always played around with us until the time came to give us what we all wanted.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Again I quote:

I thought Dark Emperor was confirmed to be a boss that idled for a bit then came onto the stage an attack the players (similar to Dialga from Brawl). So unless Dark Emperor is known to be actually vicious, moving around a lot, and always attacks in his actual games, then we could worry. Until then, it's not a problem.
I don't know too much (actually, not at all :p) about DM and how he behaves in Find Mii, but if stage bosses are suppose to be attacking while ON the stage, while DM is idle OFF the stage, then that's very weird for Ridley as he DOESN'T DO ANYTHING while he's on the stage.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Why would you expect any information on Ridley? We already know that this demo doesn't have the full roster (Lucina isn't playable). So why would you expect an unannounced character there?
That's exactly why I said we won't get any news about him until the full version of Smash 4 3DS comes out (sorry if I didn't make that clear), where people can actually try to unlock him to see if he's there.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Wasn't the Dark Emperor confirmed along with the Find Mii stage that he's present on? And that in the Direct (and stage select screen), he was given a lot of attention in that short clip revealing the entire stage?

If Ridley's supposed to be a hazard, why aren't they focusing a lot of the Pyrosphere's attention on him? It seems counterproductive to deliberately avoid showing what seems to be the stage's main attraction.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
The thing about Find Mii enemies, they don't really attack the player but scare them off after their turn. Dark Emperor himself is the same, but he does use a gas that lowers the player's level. So him chilling in the background is technically more in-character than when he's on stage.

EDIT: And as we all know, Ridley is a killing machine that won't just chill around while there's a fight going on. So in other words, Dark Emperor is at least partially in-character. Ridley being on the stage and NOT trying to kill everyone is out-of-character. Take that as you may.

Last edited:

Trogdorbad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trogdorbad
Alright, I'm gonna do as best I can to detail as much as I can, but since it's 1 AM and the board didn't actually keep the drafts of my old, Ridley-sized essay up to date, I'll have to make do as best I can and come back and fix things later, since I already forgot one of my points.

Let's just lead off with the one you guys claim to have nailed down: size
You always use Bowser and Olimar, sometimes the Pokémon, as arguments for the whole "Smash doesn't ekep sizes" thing. Reminder that Pokémon, in-universe, are not all the same size. For the sake of programming, yes, every sprite/model of the species is the same size, but even those aren't accurate *cough*wailord*cough*. Bowser has never been consistent is size, whereas Ridley has always been twice as big as Samus, if not bigger. No, NES Metroid doesn't count. Ridley was only tiny due to the NES' limits, and the game got remade as Zero Mission anyways which made Ridley his proper double height. As a reminder, samus is at least 6' tall in her armor. That places Ridley at 12'+. If we take SM64 as a base for Bowser he's a little over twice Mario's height, which, iirc, clocks in at 4'-5'. So let's place The Bows at 9' for the sake of being in the middle. Rosalina is also roughly twice as tall as Mario, slightly shorter than that really. Shrinking Bowser by a foot or two isn't the same as halving Ridley's size. And when you guys keep bringing up Melee's opening, do any of you even realize just how strange Ridley looks in that shot?

Of course, knowing how rabid all of you get, you'll just vehemently deny there's anything awkward about Ridley being this tiny at all
The longer you look at it, the stranger it gets. As far as Olimar is concerned, sizing him up doesn't get nearly as awkward. Alternately, you should be taking into consideration that canonically, Smash Bros. is about statues duking it out. No one's gonna buy an Olimar statue if he's the size of a quarter. Would YOU buy that Amiibo? And no don't try and tell me Ridley would be shrunk for that. A Ridley statue would be a special edition statue larger than the rest, eg twice Samus' height, because that would make a hella cool display piece. Also, I see Ganondorf mentioned every once in a while for this argument. Ganondorf became a hell of a lot less intimidating being shrunk down to only slightly taller than Link. Do you REALLY want to lessen Ridley's intimidation factor that much? I won't deny though that he's clearly smaller than he was in Brawl, but that's a given because even as a stage boss, he can't be the size of Brawl's boss-bosses.

Next, the Pikachu thing. "Notice Ridley grabbing Pikachu. And Ridley jumping. Not typical boss-like behavior right? Especially for Ridley." First off, we only know the behavior of one of the game's bosses, and the Yellow Devil isn't exactly known for grabbing Megaman. Now, I don't know if you meant to sound like this, but it reads like you're saying it's atypical of Ridley to grab his foes.

Nope, no grabbing here.
This has been brought up in this thread already but I'll readress it: Yes, in the direct, he grabs Pikachu and then does nothing but move forward a bit, and then the scene ends. You're all so blinded by your want of the giant Ridley D that you don't seem to take into consideration this is footage of a game currently in progress. Ridley could've been in progress at the time and had unfinished AI. No, you can't reasonably expect that they would've had him full working by then. His AI would be more complex than the Yellow Devil's, who just stands around and lazily shoots laser blasts, then swaps sides. Ridley would chase down players, snatch them, then beat them and slam them intot he ground, plus shooting fireballs and likely flying across the ground and carpet bombing the stage. Maybe that was just them making sure that his chase and grab sequence went fine.

Related to that bit, somewhere I've seen someone say that, because we've seen tons of matches on Pyrosphere but never seen Ridley, he MUST be playable. There's two easy counters to that: A) Like I just said, work in progress. They wouldn't leave a barely-functioning boss in the public demo. B) We all know Sakurai is a massive troll. He could've intentionally set it up so that the public builds have Ridley disabled on the stage.

Another thing you guys seem to be latched onto is the trophy quiz. Have none of you noticed they formed a pattern? Tiki, who in turn was Awakening reps. Fi with Ghirahim's music, who turned out to be an Assist Trophy. Pseudo Palutena, who was playable Palutena. What's to say Kihunter wasn't there for either Dark Samus (who I don't recall being known as being in the game until the direct) or just to say Ridley is in the game, but not playable like Ghirahim (sine Ridley's them is playing)?

Alright even though it's technically part of the size thing, I'm going to address whatever you were attempting with the shadow math. Alright, so we can all agree, that shadow is huge. Pyrosphere isn't a small stage - it's longer than FD. That shadow takes up like a third of the the stage, similar to someone else who takes up a third of a stage (I'm looking at you, Yellow Devil). You're all yelling about how shadows get bigger, and yes, they do. But that would require being way high up above the stage if he were a playable size, and he clearly isn't that high up. But let's just keep rolling with your "higher up=bigger shadow, ridley confirmed" theory. You then go and do math on the size of his tail shadow and determine his playable size from there. But you don't factor in the enlarged shadow. You just run with that size and say that's how big Ridley is. Congratulations, your math has made it so it turns out that Ridley is actually shorter than Samus.

But, since we're talking about height off the stage, let's address that fact that he's staying a consistent height off the stage. It's too consistent to be a player tapping the jump button to stay afloat, and it's too long without a landing to be a player as well. Only one other character has that ability, and it's Peach. We've yet to see anything about any of the other flying characters, like Charizard and Pit, having the ability to do this. At a week away from Japanese 3DS release, that seems like an important element of control to inform people about. Rather, it invokes a canned animation for an NPC. Next, while he isn't super high off the ground, he's high enough off that there's very little you could hit him with without jumping, which would be incredibly cheap for a playable character, but is clearly OK with the Yellow Devil. And, in going back to the shadow thing AND the grabbing Pikachu thing, how would Ridley be able to grab Pikachu if he was small enough to be playable, but high enough off the ground to create a shadow that large? You can't grab while jumping (save Koopa Klaw, which defaults to throwing them whether you make an input or not) and like I just said, no playable character would, by default, be that high off the ground with just his tail and some of his toes as being attackable with having to leap for him.

Now for some miscellaneous stuff

That giant hole tunnel in the background of Pyrosphere was torn open by Ridley in Other M. While Smash is definitely a series about detail, that doesn't seem like it would be a necessary one unless Ridley was involved on the stage somehow. It would clearly function like Wily's Castle does for Yellow Devil, with Ridley coming flying out of the hole, then descending on the fray and wrecking everyone. Someone tried to counter this with the hopefully-joking argument of "well the mario bros come out of pipes and there are pipes on the mario stages mario bros deconfirmed" (I'm paraphrasing fyi) which makes no sense. The Mario Bros. didn't create the pipes (to our knowledge), but Ridley tore open that hole. No, the Yellow Devil obviously didn't build Wily's Castle, but he was created to protect it - in this instance, he's just being a little more proactive in his duties.

One thing that really strikes me as odd for you lot is that you seem to care more about him getting in than you do about him being right. Sakurai's said in the past that, had they really poured their efforts into it, they could've had a playable Ridley in Brawl. But he also mentions it would've been nearly impossible, and even if they did, he'd be really slow. Slow isn't exactly the word I would use to describe Ridley. I mean, I would've been pissed if they had revealed Megaman as a grappler-type character with none of his iconic weaponry, or if Mewtwo turns out to be in but instead he just runs around and shoots people with a gun.

The final odd bit to add is every once in a while, I see someone try to use what happens on the Spirit Train as a reason he could be in. To which I ask, how? It's clear that, aside from Past Stages, Metroid's theme for the game is Other M, due to being the most recent entry. Therefore, however Ridley makes his appearance would be in his Other M form. And that's where problems get caused - There are very, VERY few people who like his Other M design, and I personally agee that it's garbage. So they all want Super Metroid Ridley playable. Well, that's fine and dandy, but now he's inconsistent with Samus, as far as default models go. Why do you think Link and Zelda aren't updated past Twilight Princess? There hasn't been a game with Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf at the same time since Twilight Princess (and then sheik because of the concept art). No, Hyrule Warriors doesn't count, it started development long after Smash. So rule of thumb is, playable characters get their most recent main-game design. Even Brawl did it - Sanic's last main game was '06, and that's the design he has for Brawl. Snake wouldn't be Old Snake, seeing as that was on PS3. This time around, Sanic has his Lost World design (more cartoony, slightly pudgier). Bowser is also far cartoonier in appearance than he was in Melee and Brawl. Ike's got a more recent design, Pit is obviously Uprising Pit, same for Palutena, etc etc. Now, one could argue, say, Megaman and Pac-man, but here's where you're wrong: they don't have to be thematically consistent with anyone, plus, their most recent designs wouldn't mesh with Smash as well as their classic designs, seeing as 8-bit Mega is the most iconic and no one likes Ghostly Adventures Pac (though I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to have Ghostly Adventures Pac-man as an alt just to troll). Anyways, say you try to work around the consistency issue on Ridley by having playable be Other M beefcake and stage hazard as Super Metroid/Prime. Congrats, now you have a new consistency error, and that's the weirdness of classic/Prime Ridley on Other M grounds. And, say it wasn't Other M themed, but Prime themed - if Ridley was both playable AND a Hazard, he STILL wouldn't have anyone to replace him, because I can guarantee Meta/Omega Ridley would be alternate skins. There's no way to work around that.

All in all, I've yet to see any of you make an argument for Ridley being playable that would even remotely sway me from my position that he is a guaranteed stage boss on Pyrosphere. All I see is a bunch of people grasping at straws for a character that they should've given up on the hopes of seeing playable after Brawl, seeing as that would be 2 games in a row where he likely could've been playable but wasn't. I mean, while Mewtwo is absolute garbage tier, I had a lot of fun with him in Melee, and while I hope he returns, I'm not going to whine and moan about it. I'll accept that Mewtwo is forever dead in Smash, and then be pleasantly surprised if I turn out to be wrong. It's ok to want a character in, but you guys are way too rabid about this.

I guess at least I don't think I've seen any of you going so far as to be like those that were screaming NO YOSHI NO BUY in the months before the Direct. What the hell was that about? Yes, I know, Yoshi's popular, but...Yoshi? I mean for starters, why would you ever not buy a Smash game if you like the series, but also, come on guys. We all knew he was in, Sakurai will never cut the original 12.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
That's exactly why I said we won't get any news about him until the full version of Smash 4 3DS comes out (sorry if I didn't make that clear), where people can actually try to unlock him to see if he's there.
I did misunderstand, sorry.

Zynux

Smash Lord
You know, I can understand why detractors think this model of Ridley shrunk down would look weird if he was playable, because honestly his head is quite huge, and stands out like a sore thumb in most of the size comparison models I've seen. Most playable characters have their proportions altered so I don't think it's any stretch to assume they would do the same with Ridley, all they need to do is shrink the head a bit I think. Obviously a model designed to be a large boss would look kinda weird when just shrunken down with no alterations to proportions.
More of my propaganda, forgive me, but this is another reason why I'm so against Brawley: it's overall design I feel (especially in mods) has done far more harm to outsider's perception of a playable Ridley then anything else I feel. The model just doesn't work; it was designed specifically for a "boss" in mind.

So I emailed Nintendo's corporate office last week. I tried to get them to take my bait, and accidentally confirm Ridley's status in the game. This is what I sent:

Hello! I'm a major fan of Nintendo, in fact I own every Nintendo console (even the virtual boy!) and I've been playing Nintendo games for me entire life. I'm emailing you specifically about Super Smash Bros for 3DS/Wii U. I'm very much anticipating this title. In fact, I have actually gotten my young cousin (he's 11) excited about it himself. I got him a Wii U last year, and he's been loving it. Every time I see him, he tells me how he can't wait for Smash Brothers. One thing has me concerned, however. I've seen some pictures online of one of the playable characters in the game, Ridley. I'm familiar with the Metroid series and the Ridley character, and I'm actually pretty excited that you've included him in the playable roster for the new game. He seems like he'll be very unique. That being said, I worry about how violent the character will play. Like I said, I'm familiar with the character and I understand he's supposed to be a vicious space dragon. My concern is if the way he plays bumps Smash up to the an M rating from the ESRB, I'm worried my aunt my not allow my cousin to have the game. I understand how Smash works, but she doesn't. She'll look at the rating and it's be no-go. Obviously I don't want you to alter the game (as I said, I'm actually quite excited to play as Ridley). I'm just really hoping it doesn't get an M rating. I haven't been able to find the game's rating online, would you be able to let me know what the rating the game received is? If it's M, i'd like to start now in casually convincing my aunt that the game will be fine for my cousin. Thanks for any help!

Today, I got this response:
I read your email and I understand you concern. At Nintendo of America, we support the ESRB rating system, and we do not advocate somebody under the age of 17 playing or viewing the gameplay of an M rated game. However, rest assured that Super Smash Bros for the 3DS and Super Smash Bros for the Wii U are both designed for wide audiences. While neither has been officially rated by the ESRB, we have strong reason to believe that neither installment will receive an M rating. In regards to the character Ridley having violent tendencies, while the final roster for the game has not yet been announced, I was able to take a look at the character. While he is true to his home game form, he is certainly not designed in a way that would likely cause a boost to the game's overall rating.

I hope I've been able to provide the answer you were looking for. Please feel free to contact us in the future with any further concerns using the official Nintendo website, and make sure to keep an eye on the official Super Smash Bros website for information on the game and it's roster, as not all playable characters have been officially revealed.

Thanks again for contacting Nintendo!

I'm not sure what to make of this. At two points in the email, the rep mentions that the final roster hasn't been officially announced. On one hand, she mentions that she was able to "look at the character" and notes how he true to game form. It seems she was clearly not trying to reveal Ridley's role in the game. Not sure what to think on the matter.

EDIT: since on facebook people think this was somehow an automated response... I'd like to point out the first sentence in the reponse email. Notice how she says "I understand you concern". Not "your". This was typed by a person. Not automated. And I DID NOT re-type the email. It was a copy paste. If this was some extremely specific auto-reply, there would be NO typo. But this was an easy typo that spell check wouldn't find.
Hahahaha this is brilliant. However, I would like to point out that I'm not sure it completely dodges Ridley being a Boss; after all, even though you asserted in the beginning that your cousin saw a playable Ridley, the response doesn't mention anything about whether playable or Boss.

Still though, that's awesome. Hopefully something comes of it :chuckle:
I doubt it.

By the way, if Ridley isn't playable, don't you think we deserve an explanation from Sakurai?
Since I am entitled (says the denizens of the internet, whom know all!) I would love an explanation on:
  • Why Ridley's overwhelming popularity and demand was ignored again
  • Why Ridley's underwhelming fate was in the dark for so long while every other character got deconfirmed outright
  • Why reuse an already explored concept and gimmick from another fighting game
  • Why Ridley's role is relegated to a relatively poorly-received mechanic that only a fraction of the fanbase will likely enjoy. Competitive peeps will obviously ignore it; even casuals will probably be bothered by it after a while and annoyed that you can't at least turn it off.

This time on find Mii...

T.T
"This is what we, the collective Ridley fanbase, have always desired for! An intrusive, gimmicky, easily targeted and poor A.I. punching bag that most fighters just seem to ignore anyway!"

- said No one ever, 2001 - 2014

Last edited:

ridles1

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
I've seen screenshots of it on 4chan, looks like a cool trailer, the guy says that the Miis are 3 of the last characters (Gunner, Brawler, Swordsman) and rumor has it on twitter they are 3 of the last characters (although all the tweets are in Japanese).

Question, does this trailer deconfirm ridley?

I am hearing a lot of doubts in ridley now guys, any hope left or has purple charizard/trailer without ridley crushed the hope?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom