• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Color!

And palette swaps!

Super Metroid boxart Ridley

Zero Mission Ridley

Ridley X

Meta Ridley

Kraid

NES Ridley

Ice Ridley
You have absolutely no idea how much I love these. No idea at all.

About that IMDB thing, I wouldn't believe it that much. IMDB can be edited by anyone.

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
Fellow Space Pirates, I just found something amazing!! So I was kinda randomly browsing Gamefaqs and found a topic that mentioned Wolf being listed on the Smash 3DS IMDB page (for the Japanese version). Not only does it list him, it also lists a voice for Tharja from FE:Awakening (I'm guessing Assist Trophy), Masachika Ichimura is said to be voicing Mewtwo (he also voiced him in Melee), Dixie is listed with her usual voice actress, Lani Minella as the majority of the Koopalings (no Lucas sadly) who we pretty much know to be alts. There's also a voice listed for Isaac which might mean good things for him being playable but it might just be the assist. (I don't remember his Assist talking, though).

So that's all fine and dandy. But here's the real amazing part... Ridley is listed with a voice (of David Sobolov for those interested)... for the 3DS version, which we know to NOT include the Pyrosphere stage. And it seems highly unlikely Ridley is an Assist Trophy.
And unlike Snake who is listed as rumored to be voiced by David Hayter, Ridley doesn't seem to be a rumored voice. So.. if this page is in fact legit.
You know what that means...

Ridley confirmed!!
as a Poké Ball

Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3408266/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Gilbert Gottfried isn't listed as Ridley's voice actor. I refuse to believe it.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Fellow Space Pirates, I just found something amazing!! So I was kinda randomly browsing Gamefaqs and found a topic that mentioned Wolf being listed on the Smash 3DS IMDB page (for the Japanese version). Not only does it list him, it also lists a voice for Tharja from FE:Awakening (I'm guessing Assist Trophy), Masachika Ichimura is said to be voicing Mewtwo (he also voiced him in Melee), Dixie is listed with her usual voice actress, Lani Minella as the majority of the Koopalings (no Lucas sadly) who we pretty much know to be alts. There's also a voice listed for Isaac which might mean good things for him being playable but it might just be the assist. (I don't remember his Assist talking, though).

So that's all fine and dandy. But here's the real amazing part... Ridley is listed with a voice (of David Sobolov for those interested)... for the 3DS version, which we know to NOT include the Pyrosphere stage. And it seems highly unlikely Ridley is an Assist Trophy.
And unlike Snake who is listed as rumored to be voiced by David Hayter, Ridley doesn't seem to be a rumored voice. So.. if this page is in fact legit.
You know what that means...

Ridley confirmed!!
as a Poké Ball

Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3408266/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
That'd be awesometastic. Not very likely, but certainly nice.

kisamehoshi34

Smash Apprentice
now we will get two day without potd and probably get the full roster wenensday or Thursday. ridley is playable or playable and a boss.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3408266/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast has anyone posted this yet??? this site says that Ridley does have a voice actor, David Sobolov.
Edit: oh dear i've been :4greninja:'d... my bad

Whilst there seems to be a set order on the roster and people think that characters can't possibly move, but Melee disagrees:

Melee's starting roster. What's that you say? Pikachu is cutting in between Mario reps? Hm... no way that can happen again, oh wait... it did for Smash 4 with Yoshi and Mr Game & Watch...

Melee's final roster. GASP! Pikachu has moved to a spot at the bottom row! The roster is in a different order! It shouldn't do that!

Basically, the roster can adjust accordingly to new characters that get unlocked. Whether the final Smash 4 roster goes in a particular order or not doesn't matter, it can be changed - either characters can change order accordingly to make the layout nicer and characters of the same franchise are placed together or the squares change size. It's still possible for Ridley to fit in.
look at Ganondorf, hes not even in the Zelda row, hes above it. perhaps Ridley would do the same

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yes, Kevinhend posted it on the last page. I really don't see Ridley having a voice. He's never spoke outside the manga. Unless this voice actor is good at making beastly noises.
Maybe they can get Frank Welker. He's known to do animal voices. I mean, he'd make for a good Bowser, or Donkey Kong, or Ridley or Charizard. You can see where I'm going with this.

NeraBriscoletti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dragon_Quester72
3DS FC
0232-8277-7597
I generally picture Ridley sounding like this.

Complete with the glitching and everything. (Fusion was my first Metroid game and it just stuck... Ridley-X or not, this is how I've always pictured Ridley roaring.)

But in all seriousness, I think if he had a voice actor (which I don't think he would... I'll get to why later) he would sound sinister, slow, and deep. And look across the internet to see if I can find a video to show everyone exactly how I picture him sounding.

As for why I don't think he'll have a voice... Ridley generally is portrayed as the beast monster that appears to be a mindless beast. You wouldn't expect to really have the ability for intelligence and whatnot, yet he is actually incredibly intelligent. I personally think that persona of Ridley would just be ruined if he was given an actual, understandable voice and not just roars.

But that's just what I think...

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Yes, Kevinhend posted it on the last page. I really don't see Ridley having a voice. He's never spoke outside the manga. Unless this voice actor is good at making beastly noises.
i would atleast expect the VA to make rawr noises and grunts and all of that willy nilly

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Zero mission Ridley = best Ridley. ESPECIALY his scream.
Agreed. That version of Ridley is my favorite, from both a design and sound perspective. If Ridley is in, I hope he screams like in Zero Mission and Fusion.

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
Still doesn't work against Pikachu moving 2 spaces down when the roster is final
Yeah, I know that bodes well for our Space Dragon, I just don't think he would be placed anywhere else except next to Zamus. Not randomly wedged somewhere he shouldn't belong.

Last edited:

NeraBriscoletti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dragon_Quester72
3DS FC
0232-8277-7597
Alright, I guess this is close enough...

Only with Ridley and... I don't know who Bilbo would be. Anthony? Whatever, that isn't the point.

Seeing how popular the ZM/Fusion screech is, Does anyone know how to use Audicity? Like that, you can use this!
Get rid of Ridley's theme and done
Sorry, I'm an Audacity newbie... But that would definitely be pretty awesome.

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
I have another question for you all, when Ridley gets announced what are you guys going to do with him. I would love to try to main him along with the villiger/Samus/Little Mac, but if he doesn't fit my play style then I just might play as him every once in a while. I guess what I am asking is if he didn't suit your guys play style would you still try to main him or just casually play him.

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
I have another question for you all, when Ridley gets announced what are you guys going to do with him. I would love to try to main him along with the villiger/Samus/Little Mac, but if he doesn't fit my play style then I just might play as him every once in a while. I guess what I am asking is if he didn't suit your guys play style would you still try to main him or just casually play him.
After this amount of time, I will just learn to change my playstyle and main the hell out of him.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I will main a lot of characters this time around, probably including Ridley. Ike and Wolf didn't exactly fit my style, but I adapted

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
Oh, he is definitely gonna be my main. Even if he is not my playstyle, it's Ridley. I'll make him my playstyle.

NeraBriscoletti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dragon_Quester72
3DS FC
0232-8277-7597
I'll definitely main him if Slime doesn't make it. If Slime does, I'll just main Ridley and Slime. I'm also thinking about maining Bowser Junior if the leak proves 100% accurate. Other then that though... Jigglypuff has to stay and I wanna main King Dedede too. I'm just gonna main everybody!

...Not really. I'll guess I'll try to stick with those five if Slime makes it and think of somebody else to main if he doesn't.

Zygard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0533-4990-1418
I will main him, Mr.Game&Watch and robin no doubt about it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I could easily adapt to him.(Unless he's extremely complex, but this smash bros, so that's highly unlikely.) I'm going to main him.

Last edited by a moderator:

kisamehoshi34

Smash Apprentice
of course I will main him with bowser and metaknight

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I don't know if I would main Ridley, but he would be in heavy rotation and in contention for main status. I am also really excited for Megaman, Palutena, Villager, Shulk, Robin and Little Mac.... but Ridley would definitely be top 3 if he is in the game.

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
If we're right and Ridley is playable, he will indeed be my main. I used Dedede and Luigi as my mains in Brawl, so I'm fond of floaty, heavy, or slow characters. So while I already do like what seems to be Ridleys playstyle, even if he's quite different than I expect I will just adapt to how he plays. That's how I've always played Smash, and all fighting games to a lesser extent even though Smash is the only one I truly love playing. Take my favorite character and play them til I know how to use them to the best of my ability. I may not care to become tourney level with any character, but I play them until I personally am good with them.

Hopefully we get good news this coming week.

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
Regarding the voice actor, I would think he makes a good beastly voice. Of course with sound effects added to it.
Here is an example of one of his past works that was listed in his filmography:

I still think that having a voice would be weird but having beast/ animal sounds like donkey kong and bowser would be amazing.

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I will main him and my old mains jiggs and g&w. I'd love ridley to be an aireal based character with strong smashattacks because that's my style.

Last edited:

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
I'll main Ridley if he's in. I'll make it work somehow, even if he's terrible and doesn't fit my playstyle. I'll also be playing my brawl mains, Lucario, Toon Link and Ike. I also played ganondorf, but depending on how Ridley and he play, I might or might not keep him as a regular.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Worthless Zebesian worm-dogs! If our Commander is to have a voice, it must be John DeLancie or GTFO! :evil:

Also, I've made a habit of maining Metroid and Pokémon over the years, so if you see a particularly bad Ridley, Zamus or Greninja online... it's probably me. :teeth:

Top Bottom