• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Oh. Well the order which Famitsu chooses to put the characters doesn't really matter.
There's also a pic from the Japanese E-Shop, from what I've heard, showing a CSS, though likely not the starter one. That does matter if it's true.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Guys, bad news. I got an e-mail with the full roster, no Ridley, the final newcomer is
The only way to make a clone character better, just add the word Dr. to their name.:roymelee: Dr. Roy would become top tier instantaneously if you do that.

Back to Ridley... We are SPACE PIRATES! We can't let a little panel on the Character Select Screen damage our leader's reputations! He's going to fit in, even if he's too big!!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The only way to make a clone character better, just add the word Dr. to their name.:roymelee: Dr. Roy would become top tier instantaneously if you do that.

Back to Ridley... We are SPACE PIRATES! We can't let a little panel on the Character Select Screen damage our leader's reputations! He's going to fit in, even if he's too big!!
Traitor

To be honest, I have a confession to make: Even when I was neutral on Ridley, I thought he would look a bit too awkard due to him being anorexic. Then I saw Roidley.

D

Deleted member

Been planning the post of this GIF for a week now. :awesome:

Seven Days until Ridley is Confirmed!

Oh we're so close.

I can't wait! :bluejump:

[collapse=To dispel confusion]It is 7 days to release because Japan is a day ahead of the west, so on the 12th here it will be the 13th over there[/collapse]

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
Fellow Space Pirates, I just found something amazing!! So I was kinda randomly browsing Gamefaqs and found a topic that mentioned Wolf being listed on the Smash 3DS IMDB page (for the Japanese version). Not only does it list him, it also lists a voice for Tharja from FE:Awakening (I'm guessing Assist Trophy), Masachika Ichimura is said to be voicing Mewtwo (he also voiced him in Melee), Dixie is listed with her usual voice actress, Lani Minella as the majority of the Koopalings (no Lucas sadly) who we pretty much know to be alts. There's also a voice listed for Isaac which might mean good things for him being playable but it might just be the assist. (I don't remember his Assist talking, though).

So that's all fine and dandy. But here's the real amazing part... Ridley is listed with a voice (of David Sobolov for those interested)... for the 3DS version, which we know to NOT include the Pyrosphere stage. And it seems highly unlikely Ridley is an Assist Trophy.
And unlike Snake who is listed as rumored to be voiced by David Hayter, Ridley doesn't seem to be a rumored voice. So.. if this page is in fact legit.
You know what that means...

Ridley confirmed!!
as a Poké Ball

Source: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3408266/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Oh no, I'm not a traitor. I was just having a bit of fun.
Alright then, In that case, here is something so I redeem myself

Goddamn, I need to get this shirt
Fellow Space Pirates, I just found something amazing so I was kinda randomly browsing Gamefaqs and found a topic that mentioned Wolf being listed on the Smash 3DS IMDB page (for the Japanese version). Not only does it list him, it also lists a voice for Tharja from FE:Awakening (I'm guessing Assist Trophy), Masachika Ichimura is said to be voicing Mewtwo (he also voiced him in Melee), Dixie is listed with her usual voice actress, Lani Minella as the majority of the Koopalings (no Lucas sadly) who we pretty much know to be alts. There's also a voice listed for Isaac which might mean good things for him being playable but it might just be the assist. (I don't remember his Assist talking, though).

So that's all fine and dandy. But here's the real amazing part... Ridley is listed with a voice (of David Sobolov for those interested)... for the 3DS version, which we know to NOT include the Pyrosphere stage. And it seems highly unlikely Ridley is an Assist Trophy.
And unlike Snake who is listed as rumored to be voiced by David Hayter, this seems to be a fact if this page is in fact legit.

So you know what that means...

Ridley confirmed!!
as a Poké Ball

You DO know that anyone can edit that site, right?

Last edited:

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
The roster is not a problem, no series will have to shift, the rosters priority is to maintain it's chronological order between one characters series and multi-character series. It's rumored that DK will get a new representative, this will push the Metroid series to the right and leave on spot for little Mac to scoot on in. With that Ridley now has more than enough room, however this will push duck hunt dog upwards to fill in the gap as well, Mewtwo is next but he only scoots wii fit trainer down with Shulk and then Chorus Men/Marshal comes right after. The last slot will belong to the mii fighters when turned on, they sit right next to random.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm well aware it could be fake. I still thought it was worth sharing though. Because it could mean that Ridley/Mewtwo/Dixie/Wolf/Isaac(?) are confirmed if it turns out to be true.
I took a look and Makiko Omote or whatever her name is wasn't Kirby's VA in both languages, some guy called Mike Jones was a 2nd VA, and it's very wise to ignore that site.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace

Been planning the post of this GIF for a week now. :awesome:

Seven Days until Ridley is Confirmed!

Oh we're so close.

I can't wait! :bluejump:

[collapse=To dispel confusion]It is 7 days to release because Japan is a day ahead of the west, so on the 12th here it will be the 13th over there[/collapse]
Actually, its prop. more like 5-6 days because there are always some people that get the game early.

And we should get a lot of gameplayfootage today/tomorrow as, if i recall correctly, Japan gets to play the "final build" at an event soon.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Tried to find a way to see who added the voice actors for Ridley etc. (with no luck), so given there's no way for me to prove the source is reliable I'm going to just ignore it till proven otherwise.

Last edited:

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
I know we have discussed this before, but if Ridley had to be voiced by somebody who do you all think should do him? I was thinking of a James Earl Jones like voice, maybe a bit raspier/distorted like. Giving him an almost other worldly demonic voice.

I would also prefer you guys to be serious about this too, because I much as I like Gilbert Gottfried, his voice would be terrible for Ridley.

Although I know he wouldn't speak in the game I was just wondering if they would gave him one.

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
I'm well aware it could be fake. I still thought it was worth sharing though. Because it could mean that Ridley/Mewtwo/Dixie/Wolf/Isaac(?) are confirmed if it turns out to be true.
Why would Nintendo hire a canadian actor to do animal grunts? Ridley wouldn't speak, they could just use a japanese actor like with DK. :/

kisamehoshi34

Smash Apprentice
Fellow Space Pirates, I just found something amazing!! So I was kinda randomly browsing Gamefaqs and found a topic that mentioned Wolf being listed on the Smash 3DS IMDB page (for the Japanese version). Not only does it list him, it also lists a voice for Tharja from FE:Awakening (I'm guessing Assist Trophy), Masachika Ichimura is said to be voicing Mewtwo (he also voiced him in Melee), Dixie is listed with her usual voice actress, Lani Minella as the majority of the Koopalings (no Lucas sadly) who we pretty much know to be alts. There's also a voice listed for Isaac which might mean good things for him being playable but it might just be the assist. (I don't remember his Assist talking, though).

And unlike Snake who is listed as rumored to be voiced by David Hayter, Ridley doesn't seem to be a rumored voice. So.. if this page is in fact legit.

Ridley confirmed!!
as a Poké Ball

ridley,Pikachu and charizard don't talk in the game so why choosing a voice acting.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Ridley confirmed!!
as a Poké Ball

I'll take it with a grain of salt, but I'll take it nonetheless. I don't see Lucina on there, though, so that's odd. I know a lot of those VAs are there to provide grunts or other noises, but at least the Zelda ones are right.

I doubt that we're being tortured this long for nothing, so I'm hoping that we'll get some good news soon. I know Sakurai said he doesn't like YouTube spoiling things, and he also mentioned that the character reveal trailers would be available in game, so we'll know on the 13th, and we'll get the trailer one way or another. If Sakurai doesn't want it spoiled, he better give it to us soon.

I'm still hoping for a single 'villains' multi-character reveal trailer on the 13th revealing Mewtwo, Ridley, etc. If we got that, not only would hype explode, but I feel like this site would shut down for a while due to the collective fangasms.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I know we have discussed this before, but if Ridley had to be voiced by somebody who do you all think should do him? I was thinking of a James Earl Jones like voice, maybe a bit raspier/distorted like. Giving him an almost other worldly demonic voice.

I would also prefer you guys to be serious about this too, because I much as I like Gilbert Gottfried, his voice would be terrible for Ridley.

Although I know he wouldn't speak in the game I was just wondering if they would gave him one.
I imagine him sounding like Metal Face.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
While Falco and Ganon are clones themselves, they at least had some type of luigified moves plus Zelda and StarFox have less reps compared to Mario or Pokemon so there's no reason to put them in the clone section (everyone there is a variation of a current character besides Lucina who really is just Marth w long hair and small ****).

Toon Link could easily move to the clone section for Ridley cause he is still an incarnation of a current character and a full on clone regardless of size or proportions.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Why would Nintendo hire a canadian actor to do animal grunts? Ridley wouldn't speak, they could just use a japanese actor like with DK. :/
Yeah, and then Ridley can be like "glll glowr snalr loal" :awesome:

I just check some of the voice acting in the imdb, and it is surprisingly accurate. I heard people think that there is no need for voice acting for non speaking character, but I just find that Chartizard and yoshi have the same voice actors too!

I am thinking that the reason that Ridley needs a voice actor is that it is easier to do. Originally, the developers want to use some gorillas' voices on Donkey Kong, but the idea is drop due to gorillas' behaviors and voice not corresponding to the developers' desire.

D

Deleted member

I doubt the voice acting information on IMBD is completely true.(Especially after that one time tommy wiseau was in the cast for Godzilla 2014 and other ridiculous information.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Anyone can edit IMDB; it doesn't really mean anything as a source.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
I find it incredibly weird how Ridley would have an actual voice actor performing snarls and screeches while bowser and DK are left with generic animal noises. Is it because he's a space dragon? Maybe they are giving him his trademark scream or a variation of it.

Or maybe IMBD goofed up.

Nevermind, all animal like creatures use modified voices to sounds like animals. I understand Ridley now.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Oh, Roidley :love:
Color!

And palette swaps!

Super Metroid boxart Ridley

Zero Mission Ridley

Ridley X

Meta Ridley

Kraid

NES Ridley

Ice Ridley
I wish I were as fast as you when it comes to drawing things and stuff and colouring. These look gorgeous.

I DID NAWT BREAK THAT BUILDING! Oh hi Mothra.

Best non Gilbert Gottfried/Slowbeef voice
To be honest, I don't think this voice fits Ridley at all. I'd expect him to sound older.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace

I wish I were as fast as you when it comes to drawing things and stuff and colouring. These look gorgeous.

To be honest, I don't think this voice fits Ridley at all. I'd expect him to sound older.
B-but...That Ridley is basically a teenager :laugh:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Whilst there seems to be a set order on the roster and people think that characters can't possibly move, but Melee disagrees:

Melee's starting roster. What's that you say? Pikachu is cutting in between Mario reps? Hm... no way that can happen again, oh wait... it did for Smash 4 with Yoshi and Mr Game & Watch...

Melee's final roster. GASP! Pikachu has moved to a spot at the bottom row! The roster is in a different order! It shouldn't do that!

Basically, the roster can adjust accordingly to new characters that get unlocked. Whether the final Smash 4 roster goes in a particular order or not doesn't matter, it can be changed - either characters can change order accordingly to make the layout nicer and characters of the same franchise are placed together or the squares change size. It's still possible for Ridley to fit in.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Andrea will be your sister in law then apparantly
How about you show what might be better? Not to be rude, I'd like to see what you think is better(How can I see sound?)
Can someone please link me to the mewtwo support thread, if there even is one?
http://smashboards.com/threads/mewtwo.324191/
It's in the unconfirmed veterans

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Whilst there seems to be a set order on the roster and people think that characters can't possibly move, but Melee disagrees:

Melee's starting roster. What's that you say? Pikachu is cutting in between Mario reps? Hm... no way that can happen again, oh wait... it did for Smash 4 with Yoshi and Mr Game & Watch...

Melee's final roster. GASP! Pikachu has moved to a spot at the bottom row! The roster is in a different order! It shouldn't do that!

Basically, the roster can adjust accordingly to new characters that get unlocked. Whether the final Smash 4 roster goes in a particular order or not doesn't matter, it can be changed - either characters can change order accordingly to make the layout nicer and characters of the same franchise are placed together or the squares change size. It's still possible for Ridley to fit in.
That's a valid point. If there's a few more characters in the roster, than we could see something like this happening. I'm pretty sure that if it did happen, Dr. Mario will be move somewhere to the top.

Of course this doesn't confirm Ridley or anything. But it could help with the case that there's at least one missing fighter.

Now that I noticed it, it's a little weird that Ganon and Samus didn't switch places on the Melee roster. Maybe they wanted Falcon next to the guy copying him. Eh, no big deal.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Andrea will be your sister in law then apparantly
How about you show what might be better? Not to be rude, I'd like to see what you think is better(How can I see sound?)
I can't really, because it's headvoice. Let's just say that the voice shouldn't sound as if it came from some around 16-18 years old. For me at least it doesn't click, it doesn't fit with him.

B-but...That Ridley is basically a teenager :laugh:
Uh, I'm pretty sure Dogley is closer to being a teenager than Roidley.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I can't really, because it's headvoice. Let's just say that the voice shouldn't sound as if it came from some around 16-18 years old. For me at least it doesn't click, it doesn't fit with him.

Uh, I'm pretty sure Dogley is closer to being a teenager than Roidley.
Well, i was comparing him to original Ridley standards (actually now that i think of it, roidley would be more like an infant). Like, Roidley is literally like a few days/weeks old. Its basically Furbly = baby -> dogley = child -> Roidley = Teenager (compared to humans i mean). And then Ridley is the adult. Whether or not becoming that slim would have come later in the evolution, or if it has to do with the different surroundings while evolving, nobody knows. I tend to think the latter is true, that Ridleys evolution went differently because of the different environment on the bottleship, like food, gravity, environmental hazards or lack thereoff etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom