• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
How ironic it'd be if he was a Charizard clone/semi-clone and thus placed on the same row as the other clones, instead of next to Samus/ZSS.
Donkey Kong, if he's a clone at all. Not Charizard, proportions are too different. :facepalm:

Anyone who expected jiggly to be cut now or in the future is just dumb tbh
Or just really fething sick of a bad joke.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I could have sworn that render of Ridley been out before a while ago.

But we shouldn't be going off-topic. Even if it was about Ridley, that picture means little to us.

Last edited:

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010
So now that Ridley is confirmed, how do you feel about his new design? Its certainly different from everything else we have seen so far, but Im not sure if it really gets his character across all that well, tbh.
So here I come on to smash boards and I see this on the top post of the thread. and you got me all exited for nothing lol.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Fixed my post, and we shall not give acid baths! Those don't hurt enough
You obviously haven't seen the updated procedures for it. Long story short, we pump you full of drugs that enhance your pain receptors, then toss you into the acid. Then we pull you out, reconstruct your epidermal layers (especially the nerves) and do it again, at least three times. You don't get the reconstruction after the last bathing. :demon:

The only problem High Command sees with this as a punishment is that it does funny things to the meat. ;)

Ike the Killer

Smash Cadet
Ironically the "most hate Ridley" (Other M one) is the one who would be easier to fit for smash, since no squeletic anatomy anymore neither thin neck to get troubles in prop, it was the one teased in the smash direct as well. I just "dont want" to see him on four, he should always be either flying or bipedal xD.

I know he has been on four in a few games, but I just think it fits him better for attacks and fighting style to be like that, on 2 legs and using his claws for grabbing and piercing

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Can people please keep the trolling to a absolute minimum (or preferably not at all). This place does not need pointless filling, especially posts that are meaningless to this thread. The mods will mark you if you persist to continue to do so.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
where is the real pic?

Rodroy comfortablefirmed.
This picture is really nice, it shows how little the wings actually obstruct when folded up. Tail right next to him too, so no troubles involving the tail either.

You obviously haven't seen the updated procedures for it. Long story short, we pump you full of drugs that enhance your pain receptors, then toss you into the acid. Then we pull you out, reconstruct your epidermal layers (especially the nerves) and do it again, at least three times. You don't get the reconstruction after the last bathing. :demon:

The only problem High Command sees with this as a punishment is that it does funny things to the meat. ;)
Wait, why don't we just submerge the reconstruction chamber? Saves time and the hassle of carrying people around and getting blood all over the floor.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Ironically the "most hate Ridley" (Other M one) is the one who would be easier to fit for smash, since no squeletic anatomy anymore neither thin neck to get troubles in prop, it was the one teased in the smash direct as well. I just "dont want" to see him on four, he should always be either flying or bipedal xD.

I know he has been on four in a few games, but I just think it fits him better for attacks and fighting style to be like that, on 2 legs and using his claws for grabbing and piercing
Sucks to be you, then, the games that have him on the ground put him on all fours. Besides which, as I've noted MANY times, the model we're likely to get has proportions similar enough to Donkey Kong to be made a semi/clone if necessary. He'll be on all fours.

Wait, why don't we just submerge the reconstruction chamber? Saves time and the hassle of carrying people around and getting blood all over the floor.
And risk damaging the equipment? No, we have the required materials set up nearby. Dunk the worthless Zebesian skaglick in the acid, haul it out and reconstruct the outer layer on the spot, repeat.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Never really thought of ridley being playable but after seeing all the love going for him i support

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Trolling/posting intentionally misleading fakes without clarifying they're fake is actually an infraction-worthy offense during leak heavy times, no matter how obvious they are. Don't agree with the policy myself, but with release this close, last thing we staff want is false info getting mixed up/spreading with real info. Unfortunately some people are gullible/easily fooled, which leads to posting it elsewhere/dealing with it multiple times in multiple places, etc..

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Donkey Kong, if he's a clone at all. Not Charizard, proportions are too different. :facepalm:
I meant in terms of moves buddy, not proportions, unless you think Ridley as a clone/semi-clone would be more likely to borrow DK's charge/primate punch and hand/ground slap than a fire move like Charizard's flamethrower and clawing/tail attacks, in which case, uh, okay.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Never really thought of ridley being playable but after seeing all the love going for him i support
Welcome, you're here at the very end of the ride, enjoy the remaining peaceful times, and prepare for hardcore partying or absolute rage depending on Ridley's status.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
wow, ok calm down about the twitter pic because he`s not leaking, but he just played it.

I`m a native French speaker and when he said "testé", it literally means that he tested the game BUT not in the sense of being a tester for debug.

He's saying that he tested in the sense of just playing the game. It's like the expression you use when you're testing the quality of the game. What tells me is that he said "Ce matin" which means this morning and that he will talk more about it on a French site called "Puissance Nintendo" and said that he we talk about it later on said site.

He just got a chance to play the game and it has nothing to do with leaking.

Tough, it doesn't change that he indeed took a new picture.

But please, calm down.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
wow, ok calm down about the twitter pic because he`s not leaking, but he just played it.

I`m a native French speaker and when he said "testé", it literally means that he tested the game BUT not in the sense of being a tester for debug.

He's saying that he tested in the sense of just playing the game. It's like the expression you use when you're testing the quality of the game. What tells me is that he said "Ce matin" which means this morning and that he will talk more about it on a French site called "Puissance Nintendo" and said that he we talk about it later on said site.

He just got a chance to play the game and it has nothing to do with leaking.

Tough, it doesn't change that he indeed took a new picture.

But please, calm down.
Eh, it doesn't help or harm Ridley's chances. I myself am half French but can't speak it for the life of me.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
So, uh, how many of you aren't going to get the game if Ridley isn't playable?

Just curious. :chuckle:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
I meant in terms of moves buddy, not proportions, unless you think Ridley as a clone/semi-clone would be more likely to borrow DK's charge/primate punch and hand/ground slap than a fire move like Charizard's flamethrower and clawing/tail attacks, in which case, uh, okay.
Been over this before. IF clone, THEN Donkey Kong. Never Charizard. Do we need to be reminded of Ganonchu?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
So, uh, how many of you aren't going to get the game if Ridley isn't playable?

Just curious. :chuckle:
I'm getting it regardless of his status. The game looks awesome and it already has several characters that I love. I still WANT Ridley in, but if not? All I can do is say oh well and enjoy the game.

Top Bottom