• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well, this place seems quite for 5 hours. Must be because we don't have much pages left.
Anyway, I'm glad Ridley will make it in, not just for the debate to end, not so the 13 years of waiting are fulfilled. but because he's a whoopass dragon. We need more whoopass dragons in the game

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Well, this place seems quite for 5 hours. Must be because we don't have much pages left.
Anyway, I'm glad Ridley will make it in, not just for the debate to end, not so the 13 years of waiting are fulfilled. but because he's a whoopass dragon. We need more whoopass dragons in the game
The turn-up for dem woopass dragons finna be real. Ayeeeee

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I hope you're joking.

No really, are you really not kidding and you didn't made an hyperbole or any intended exagerations?

I really can't believe this. The same source you use to make roster is the same that proved by himself that it's not final.

It doesn't matter the Sakurai's roster at the time of the pic because it's just simple logic:

leak shows a roster and we know for several reasons that it's real.

Same leaker shows a picture of a lock in allstar.

We see the same lock in a potd confirming that it was there because the roster he had wasn't final.

Since the leak got a version of the same picture AND showed this roster,

I made the terrible conclusion that the roster from the leak is not final.

I can understand being a believer, but that's contradicting your source.

I can't believe it screws up this support here and others because I still think this thread deserves props for still enduring this while it's really annoying now.
I don't understand some of it but

Im sorry thats just my opinion

But i believe the leak is legit man i do i think everyone on it are going to be playable.

Im just saying im noticing those guys refuse to believe theres 5 more characters. While everyone outside the leak group agrees with atleast 5 more

In 64 and melee and brawl there are no empty spaces what so ever (melees spaces under falco & young link are still just random icons they are just secret.)

Last edited:

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF

But i believe the leak is legit man i do i think everyone on it are going to be playable.

Im just saying im noticing those guys refuse to believe theres 5 more characters.

In 64 and melee and brawl there are no empty spaces what so ever (melees spaces under falco & young link are still just random icons they are just secret.)
If you pay closer attention, a lot of them even say that they only believe that because they don't want to be disappointed. I hate that too because they shouldn't down us for wanting Ridley because THEY don't want to be disappointed.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Im just saying im noticing those guys refuse to believe theres 5 more characters.

I know the leak is real, but it's annoying that people don't get that the roster isn't final.

Though, about melee, REALLY?

I didn't know that and I was always wondering why it wasn't a rectangle and it kept bugging me. Probably changes in dev, but finally I know why.

Still, I don't see any reason to think it's final anyway because leak is real + no rildey.

Yeah, my opinion on ridley is very conservative due to his chance situation. If a leak claim final without Ridley, I mostly ignores it, but this one didn't claim it and we have very good reasons to believe it's not final. So, still consistent even if it's real (I say if, but I don't know how it couldn't be).

Which should not bother him that much.

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664
What if Sakurai's master plan is to reveal Ridley as a playable character in Friday, 12th September (A day before the SSB4 3DS Japanese release)?

RIDLEY SEIZES THE BATTLE!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I know the leak is real, but it's annoying that people don't get that the roster isn't final.

Though, about melee, REALLY?

I didn't know that and I was always wondering why it wasn't a rectangle and it kept bugging me. Probably changes in dev, but finally I know why.

Still, I don't see any reason to think it's final anyway because leak is real + no rildey.

Yeah, my opinion on ridley is very conservative due to his chance situation. If a leak claim final without Ridley, I mostly ignores it, but this one didn't claim it and we have very good reasons to believe it's not final. So, still consistent even if it's real (I say if, but I don't know how it couldn't be).

Which should not bother him that much.
Me too man me too

And for the melee thing yes

If you unlocked everyone on melee just put the coin on the empty icon then it will mysteriously drop on one of the characters.

Here watch this video ( its not me on it.)

Last edited:

AlexTLW

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AlexTLW
3DS FC
0688-5455-7010

I'm no good at drawing on a computer just yet but until I get good, here is a Miiverse drawing I made of our favorite purple space pirate. what do you guys think?

btw Ridley 4 smash

D

Deleted member

If you all haven't seen Relax Alax's video on youtube about Ridley in ssb4, you guys should check it out
Most, if not all of us, have seen it already.(The video was posted back in april.)

Last edited by a moderator:

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
Was that meant for the roster leak thread?
Nah, it's fully about the Ridley debate.

To think the wait is nearly over...You think people will cheat the embargo by waiting until it's 13-9-14 00:00 in the Japanese time zone?
I can see that happening, I mean it's technically when the embargo ends, unless they have to be told.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I just saw something, it may not have anything to do, but I'll explain it:

I was watching Smash Run enemies confirmed so far in the SSB Miiverse fan page, and saw quite a pattern relating "Sagas number of enemies = to more or less said sagas reps".

For example, Pikmin has 2 enemies so far, Earthbound got one leaked (a living car), Pokemon has 5 so far, Zelda and Mario have tons (I know they are two of the most important sagas to Nintendo, so it's normal they have tons of enemies to pick, but it also could be slightly influenced by Mario's 2 newcomers and Dr Mario returning, and Zelda potential newcomer), Ice Climbers, Mii and Rhythm Heaven have one (whether they end up having reps or not, except for Mii), DK has 3 so far, two of then are Kritters and a rumoured "big muscled Kritter" boss (K.Rool confirmed?), Kirby has a lot too.

Aaaand, so far we got 4 Metroid enemies, plus a rumoured Kraid boss, I personally think that's quite a lot for a "not so loved" saga (Ridley confirmed).

Take this with a grain of salt tho, as according to my own theory, Kid Icarus should have 4-5 reps xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

I was watching Smash Run enemies confirmed so far in the SSB Miiverse fan page, and saw quite a pattern relating "Sagas number of enemies = to more or less said sagas reps".
For example, Pikmin has 2 enemies so far, Earthbound got one leaked (a living car), Pokemon has 5 so far, Zelda and Mario have tons (I know they are two of the most important sagas to Nintendo, so it's normal they have tons of enemies to pick, but it also could be influenced slightly by Mario's 2 newcomers and Dr Mario returning, and Zelda potential newcomer), Ice Climbers, Mii and Rhythm Heaven has one (whether they end up having reps or not, except for Mii), DK has 3 so far, two of then are Kritters and a rumoured "big muscled Kritter" (K.Rool confirmed?), Kirby has a lot too.

Aaaand, so far we got 4 Metroid enemies, plus a rumoured Kraid boss, I personally think that's quite a lot for a "not so loved" saga (Ridley confirmed).

Take this with a grain of salt tho, as according to my own theory, Kid Icarus should have 4-5 reps xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Damn, this isn't too bad! And you forgot the tiki's

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135

I'm no good at drawing on a computer just yet but until I get good, here is a Miiverse drawing I made of our favorite purple space pirate. what do you guys think?

btw Ridley 4 smash
Looks great (better than anything can draw, just recently got a art academy 3DS game so hope to get better)
Ridley's final smash could summon Sakurai

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Me too man me too

And for the melee thing yes

If you unlocked everyone on melee just put the coin on the empty icon then it will mysteriously drop on one of the characters.

Here watch this video ( its not me on it.)

That's one reason I think the "Random" icon that appears in the leak might just end up being a secret character.
*cough*

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
Just in case you guys missed it,
Ridley's in Rate-Their-Chances again(along with Mewtwo and King K. Rool).
Please don't give a biased score though; I don't believe he is 100% in like some of you guys.

LockFelino

Smash Master
3DS FC
1719-3394-3527
Hang on...I thought of a final smash! It involves this guy

Well, I may not need to expla-*crushed by Brawley* WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA!

Just in case you guys missed it,
Ridley's in Rate-Their-Chances again(along with Mewtwo and King K. Rool).
Please don't give a biased score though; I don't believe he is 100% in like some of you guys.
I myself would say at least 90%

KingBroly

Smash Lord

For example, Pikmin has 2 enemies so far, Earthbound got one leaked (a living car), Pokemon has 5 so far, Zelda and Mario have tons (I know they are two of the most important sagas to Nintendo, so it's normal they have tons of enemies to pick, but it also could be slightly influenced by Mario's 2 newcomers and Dr Mario returning, and Zelda potential newcomer), Ice Climbers, Mii and Rhythm Heaven have one (whether they end up having reps or not, except for Mii), DK has 3 so far, two of then are Kritters and a rumoured "big muscled Kritter" boss (K.Rool confirmed?), Kirby has a lot too.

Metroid is pretty much dead in Japan. Too bad no one told Yoshio Sakamoto that before his "True Vision of Samus" came to light. Metroid isn't loved by Japan, therefore Nintendo treats it like ****. Plain and simple. If Nintendo had any respect for the franchise, they wouldn't have released Other M because they would've known how DAMAGING that game was to the brand. It can never be undone. It will last forever. And since they have more respect for Sakamoto than the series itself, I doubt they'll retcon it, meaning that stench will turn Metroid into a rotting corpse because they're too stupid to recognize what's wrong with it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Metroid is pretty much dead in Japan. Too bad no one told Yoshio Sakamoto that before his "True Vision of Samus" came to light. Metroid isn't loved by Japan, therefore Nintendo treats it like ****. Plain and simple. If Nintendo had any respect for the franchise, they wouldn't have released Other M because they would've known how DAMAGING that game was to the brand. It can never be undone. It will last forever. And since they have more respect for Sakamoto than the series itself, I doubt they'll retcon it, meaning that stench will turn Metroid into a rotting corpse because they're too stupid to recognize what's wrong with it.
Oi, don't say that it's the publishers fault! 06 was meant to be the best thing since sliced bread! Blame the bad things! Sakamoto is the cause of Other M's problems and Team Ninja is always blamed! The only bad thing was the story, Team ninja did a pretty good job with visuals and gameplay

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Why?

I'm not trying to be mean. It's just that whenever I see opinions like this, that run counter to everything I know to be true, I legitimately want to know the reasoning behind them.
The gameplay wasn't that bad, the music was alright and the visuals were outstanding for the wii. It only has a terrible story, as Sakomoto felt like he should play Metroid God against Retro

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Why?

I'm not trying to be mean. It's just that whenever I see opinions like this, that run counter to everything I know to be true, I legitimately want to know the reasoning behind them.
I'm the kind of person who can even handle Sonic 06's terrible quality.... I bad written story [in most eyes] isn't that bad, since I found other M's gameplay nice

Top Bottom