• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Dressing up as Link and Mario, and painting himself Orange like Charizard.

I hate to say it, but Ridley's schemes and tricks to sneak his way into the Smash Roster could be a pretty damn entertaining cartoon show.
You know, I thought of a good title card for Ridley.

Ridley
Sneaks into Battle!

inb4SnakeGetPissedOff

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Damn, one PoTD cementing different leaks after another... Sakurai sure knows whats going on. Also, if we get Roidley as playable i do not think anyone can stop Sakurai from making "Omega Roidley" or "Meta Roidley", turning Roidleys Body to metal and the wings to that strange orange glassstuff.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Alright, I've had a nice sleep, time to see the Ridley thre-OH DEAR GOD WHAT THE *£"@ ARE YOU LOT DOING!?!?
I just realised I get FOX on my TV. And I watched the Simpsons. Who's more fitting for Ridley? The classy yet incompetent Sideshow Bob? Or the cruel old bugger Mr. Burns?

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
As far as I'm aware, no leak has stated the remaining number of newcomers, all have stated "I don't know if there are any more." Frankly, I think its more likely we'd have six more, not five, because the bottom row doesn't seem to get extended at all in the leaked image compared to the starting right.

http://i.imgur.com/EEMDHp8.jpg

This is the Ninka leak. It also briefly mentions a related leak that talks about Dixie Kong, Ridley, and Chorus Men, but doesn't say much overall. The thing is, there's nothing supporting that extra leak at all.
Nah, the leaker definitely stated the remaining 5 as his farewell present with Ridley being in the mix.

It's very possible he was trolling, given his demeanor and the fact that he lied about the DLC.

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
Dressing up as Link and Mario, and painting himself Orange like Charizard.

I hate to say it, but Ridley's schemes and tricks to sneak his way into the Smash Roster could be a pretty damn entertaining cartoon show.
i would like that :OOO

Zygard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0533-4990-1418
What do you guys think we will get from the nintendo direct tomorrow? I've got my hopes up at least a bit :)

Last edited:

Irarius

Smash Journeyman
i was just reading ridley history and i was making a joke yesterday with ridley beeing a pokemon... well i was wondering how he can transform from a little cute thing to a lizard then to a dragonlike creature. like well pokemon do. i know its not point here of this but it is very interesting.

Grimfrost

Smash Cadet
M-L-P-B-Y-R-B-W-C-M
D-D-L-Z-S-G-T-S-Z-R
P-P-M-I-R-K-K-M-M-L
F-F-W-P-C-L-J-G-M-D
I-M-R-N-L-C-V-O-C-W
D-D-I-D-L-S-P-S-M-R

Mario - Luigi - Peach - Bowser - Yoshi - Rosalina - Bowser Jr. - Wario - C - Mr. Game & Watch
Donkey Kong - Diddy Kong - Link - Zelda - Sheik - Ganondorf - Toon Link - Samus - ZSS - Ridley
Pit - Palutena - Marth - Ike - Robin - Kirby - King Dedede - Metaknight - M - Little Mac
Fox - Falco - Wolf - Pikachu - Charizard - Lucario - Jigglypuff - Greninja - Mewtwo - Duck Hunt
Ice Climbers - Mach Rider - ROB - Ness - Lucas - Captain Falcon - Villager - Olimar - Chorus Men - Wii Fit Trainer
Dr. Mario - Dixie - Impa - Dark Pit - Lucina - Shulk - Pac-Man - Sonic - Mega Man - Random

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Guys help me out deciphering this, will screen cap for the guys who are asleep, i think it has to do with newcomers possibly ridey

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/261382590/mlpbyrbwcm-ddlzsgtszr-ppmirkkmml-ffwpcljgmd
Well that didn't take long for someone to bash Ridley in the chat. Anyways, if Sakurai isn't the one confirming Ridley, then I'm not trusting anything else, ESPECIALLY something from 4chan. :glare:

What do you guys think we will get from the nintendo direct tomorrow? Since its na exclusive I've got my hopes up at least a bit :)
Link? Also, people should not bring any pre-mature hype in here, or you will get in trouble. So if this IS true, keep from bringing up false hype.

M-L-P-B-Y-R-B-W-C-M
D-D-L-Z-S-G-T-S-Z-R
P-P-M-I-R-K-K-M-M-L
F-F-W-P-C-L-J-G-M-D
I-M-R-N-L-C-V-O-C-W
D-D-I-D-L-S-P-S-M-R

1 - Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Rosalina, Bowser Jr, Wario, C?, Mr G&W
2 - Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link, Samus, ZSS, Ridley
3 - Pit, Palutena, Marth, Ike, Robin, Kirby, DDD, Meta Knight, M?, Little Mac
4 - Fox, Falco, Wolf, Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Greninja, Mewtwo, Duck Hunt Dog
5 - IceClimbers, M?, R?, Ness, Lucas, Cap. Falcon, Villager, Olimar, Chrom, WFT
6 - Dark Pit, Dr Mario, I?, D?, Lucina, Sonic, Pacman, Snake, Megaman, Rayman?
Again, I won't believe in anything that isn't from Sakurai. Though I love it if Rayman still got in. x_x

Last edited:

Dracandros

Smash Cadet
The only thing I expect tomorrow in that Direct is Bayonetta 2 information - and it is for every country from what I see so far (of course Wiki is Wiki).

As for Ridley chances, unless we get some more news about a trailer or another Direct after the Bayonetta 2 Direct, Ridley's chances take a hit.

EDIT: My 50th post can't be a total downer post. I would really dig a green Concept M Ridley for some reason. I really have warmed up to that version of Ridley.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Nah, the leaker definitely stated the remaining 5 as his farewell present with Ridley being in the mix.

It's very possible he was trolling, given his demeanor and the fact that he lied about the DLC.
You mean Mother****ing leaker? Why does everyone claim that he has any merit whatsoever? He's just some random dude who stole the actual leak and passed it off as his own, this has been stated several times. As far as I'm aware, the only actual valid leak is the Ninka leak. Granted, several leaks have mentioned Ridley, but it doesn't mean much, and in fact, I think the recent real reveals has kinda debunked the notion of a "Final 5."

If anything its a "Final 6," as from what we've seen between the starting roster and leaked roster the final row does not change at all. Which actually bodes better for Ridley, as it would have to add another column to fit Ridley into the roster proper without major restructuring. Although I do believe some characters may shift around on the roster as well, but only individual franchise reps and the clones.

M-L-P-B-Y-R-B-W-C-M
D-D-L-Z-S-G-T-S-Z-R
P-P-M-I-R-K-K-M-M-L
F-F-W-P-C-L-J-G-M-D
I-M-R-N-L-C-V-O-C-W
D-D-I-D-L-S-P-S-M-R

Mario - Luigi - Peach - Bowser - Yoshi - Rosalina - Bowser Jr. - Wario - C - Mr. Game & Watch
Donkey Kong - Diddy Kong - Link - Zelda - Sheik - Ganondorf - Toon Link - Samus - ZSS - Ridley
Pit - Palutena - Marth - Ike - Robin - Kirby - King Dedede - Metaknight - M - Little Mac
Fox - Falco - Wolf - Pikachu - Charizard - Lucario - Jigglypuff - Greninja - Mewtwo - Duck Hunt
Ice Climbers - Mach Rider - ROB - Ness - Lucas - Captain Falcon - Villager - Olimar - Chorus Men - Wii Fit Trainer
Dr. Mario - Dixie - Impa - Dark Pit - Lucina - Shulk - Pac-Man - Sonic - Mega Man - Random
We've seen that leak a long time ago. Sorry, I don't believe it at all. Actually, I don't think its the same leak, the original had different characters on it, this one has been updated to the new leak, which makes it even less likely in my eyes.

Just for fun, the second "M" after "Metaknight" probably refers to Magalor and the extra C next to Wario is probably Captain Toad.

EDIT: Oh, it could also be Captain Syrup.

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
What do you guys think we will get from the nintendo direct tomorrow? I've got my hopes up at least a bit :)
Given that it's a Bayonetta 2 direct and we didn't even get a Zelda reveal from the Hyrule Warriors one I doubt we'll see any reveal. But if people want a crack pot theory, Bayonetta does have a Samus outfit.

Chase

Smash Ace
M-L-P-B-Y-R-B-W-C-M
D-D-L-Z-S-G-T-S-Z-R
P-P-M-I-R-K-K-M-M-L
F-F-W-P-C-L-J-G-M-D
I-M-R-N-L-C-V-O-C-W
D-D-I-D-L-S-P-S-M-R

C means Captain Syrup, as far as I can tell. M means Magolor. R means Random.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I've seen that a bunch of hardcore detractors are lightening up as of now. on KYM I saw someone post that 4chan leak with Ridley that was based on Ninka. The biggest detractor there only said yes for Mewtwo and Chorus men, nothing Ridley related. They are becoming civil!

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Guys help me out deciphering this, will screen cap for the guys who are asleep, i think it has to do with newcomers possibly ridey

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/261382590/mlpbyrbwcm-ddlzsgtszr-ppmirkkmml-ffwpcljgmd
Nice, more cryptic leaks!

Mario Luigi Peach Bowser Yoshi Rosalina Bowser J Wario C Toad Mr G&W
DK Diddy Link Zelda Sheik Ganon T Link Samus Zamus Ridley
Pit Palutena Marth Ike Robin Kirby Dedede Meta K M Rider L Mac
Fox Falco Wolf Pikachu Charizard Lucario Jiggs Greninja Mewtwo DHD
I Climbers Mega M ROB Ness Lucas Chorus M Villager Olimar C Falcon WTF
Dr Mario Dark Pit Impa Dixie K Lucina Sonic Pac Man Shulk Miis Random

It seems they were going for something like that.

Oh look, another one appeared:

D M L P B Y R B W
D D T L Z S I G C
S Z R D P P K K M
L M I R F F D L M
P C L G J M V W R
O N S P M S S M R

There are already enough leaks that include Ridley for it to get to the point of it being irrelevant. It's getting close to the end, but at this point no leak is any better than any other it seems, with multiple different leaks "hitting the mark" in various areas. Just because there's some cryptic message that anyone could come up with doesn't mean that it really offers any proof for or against Ridley at this point.

Mipro

Smash Rookie
Most Wanted Character in Japan: Shulk
Nintendo Direct for Japan confirmed Shulk

Most Wanted Character in America: Ridley
Nintendo Direct for America will confirm Ridley

It is not a Smash Direct, but I've got hope for an announcement about Smash

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Most Wanted Character in Japan: Shulk
Nintendo Direct for Japan confirmed Shulk

Most Wanted Character in America: Ridley
Nintendo Direct for America will confirm Ridley

It is not a Smash Direct, but I've got hope for an announcement about Smash
Why would they sneak a Ridley reveal into a Bayonetta direct? Smash fans aren't likely to be watching, and unless there's some kind of hot tip, it would simply be an oddity in the Bayonetta direct.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
M-L-P-B-Y-R-B-W-C-M
D-D-L-Z-S-G-T-S-Z-R
P-P-M-I-R-K-K-M-M-L
F-F-W-P-C-L-J-G-M-D
I-M-R-N-L-C-V-O-C-W
D-D-I-D-L-S-P-S-M-R
Hold it, 60 characters (with Mii Fighters replacing Random)? Perhaps with DLC, but in the game from the get go? Red flag. The screen looked like it could fit 5 more characters (rumoured 5 being Ridley, Dixie, Mewtwo, Chorus Kids/Mach Rider, Impa), not 11/12. How would 60 characters fit on a tiny screen? Not saying it's impossible, but icons would look tiny...

Mipro

Smash Rookie
Why would they sneak a Ridley reveal into a Bayonetta direct? Smash fans aren't likely to be watching, and unless there's some kind of hot tip, it would simply be an oddity in the Bayonetta direct.
Because it's nintendo.
In one Direct, they said: "Okay know we will talk about the last game in this Direct"
Then followed a trailer about Smash an then about MK8

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Because it's nintendo.
In one Direct, they said: "Okay know we will talk about the last game in this Direct"
But this is not a "Nintendo" Direct. It's a "Bayonetta" Direct. Just like we had a "Hyrule Warriors Direct" Last month. Unless we get Bayonetta as a Smash Character. (I wish.) There will be nothing Smash related in it.

Zygard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0533-4990-1418
But this is not a "Nintendo" Direct. It's a "Bayonetta" Direct. Just like we had a "Hyrule Warriors Direct" Last month. Unless we get Bayonetta as a Smash Character. (I wish.) There will be nothing Smash related in it.
I have to say I don't think we will get anything from the direct but its not impossible! The japan only direct was about the 3ds and we still got a reveal for smash. I don't think its the same but its at least somewhat comparable.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Hey guys, about the Trophy Theory (this relates to Ridley). So I believe the Trophy very strongly as Sakurai doesn't want to create false hype. So aside from Ridley being in, there has not been a new Zelda character (and hinted at with a Fi trophy and Skyward Sword's main theme) yet nor has Impa shown up in leaks such as this one:
http://smashboards.com/attachments/erzbzqb-jpg.23933/

The above leak so far is 100% true and came out a while before the picture and video leaks.

So either

1) The info in the picture above is incomplete or they messed with it slightly
2) The info in the picture above is wrong and there is no playable Ridley and the Trophy teases hinted not at 4 new playable characters but just 4 characters period (whether it be a playable, an AT, a boss, etc.). But this would mean that Sakurai would somehow be oblivious and not think that people would get false hype from assuming the trophy hints teased newcoming playable characters.

I'm going with #1 for now X)

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Because it's nintendo.
Ridley is not going to be announced in a Bayonetta 2 Direct. Bayonetta isn't going to be announced for Smash either (not in a Bayonetta Direct, at least).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Hey guys, about the Trophy Theory (this relates to Ridley). So I believe the Trophy very strongly as Sakurai doesn't want to create false hype. So aside from Ridley being in, there has not been a new Zelda character (and hinted at with a Fi trophy and Skyward Sword's main theme) yet nor has Impa shown up in leaks such as this one:
http://smashboards.com/attachments/erzbzqb-jpg.23933/

The above leak so far is 100% true and came out a while before the picture and video leaks.

So either

1) The info in the picture above is incomplete or they messed with it slightly
2) The info in the picture above is wrong and there is no playable Ridley and the Trophy teases hinted not at 4 new playable characters but just 4 characters period (whether it be a playable, an AT, a boss, etc.). But this would mean that Sakurai would somehow be oblivious and not think that people would get false hype from assuming the trophy hints teased newcoming playable characters.

I'm going with #1 for now X)
It's speculation, not a leak. And after thinking about it, Impa is also related to that theory

kisamehoshi34

Smash Apprentice
Maybe he shouldve but no one here can say with a straight face sakurai had ever suggested ridley was playable, and in fact he has only implied the opposite
nothing said we can get both a boss and playable :) sakurai never said he would not and never said he would but is a possibility :)
sakurai don't want make false hope so when there some confusion about something he say it like 1-2 day after like all the asisste trophy that been confusing and chrom.

DarkStar15

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nasir
3DS FC
2466-4104-0703
I give up ridley will be the pyrosphere boss here are my reasons.
1.is shadow is shown at pyrosphere.
2. Its been confirmed that you can play all star mode from the start.
3. The leak is real and it is the full roster.
4. There is not enough time to make ridley.
5. Ridley is not going to be dlc
I love ridley but im facing facts )':

Top Bottom