• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Why are you so bothered by my posts?
Because you don't have anything to say, except "Nuh uh!" And "You're dumb!" Forgive me for getting irritated at your presence. Also, if you'd be happy that Ridley is in, then why are you mocking the people who are theorizing the odds and reasons that he's going to make it?

Hey look at the pic of the day. It's that statue that fake deconfirmed Palutena, except now Samus is standing in front of it. Samus is a metroid character. What does this mean? Is Ridley being teased again? Am I grasping the straws firmly enough?
Obviously, you're not grasping them hard enough! One of the suits is purple! Ridley confirmed!

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
Because you don't have anything to say, except "Nuh uh!" And "You're dumb!" Forgive me for getting irritated at your presence. Also, if you'd be happy that Ridley is in, then why are you mocking the people who are theorizing the odds and reasons that he's going to make it?
I don't think that's what I was doing at all

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Here's the thing. If Sakurai confirms Ridley is playable, he never once lied about Ridley's status. He just said "boss characters appear on other stages." Ridley is a boss character, and he never said Ridley was a boss, either. He never mentioned Ridley, not once. It was a tease, but he never showed or confirmed Ridley's status.
I understand but the point I'm making is that Ridley has been made to think he is a Stage boss. Both Yellow Devil and Metal face have been teased at the end of a newcomer trailer, and the former was revealed to be a Boss moths later. Its a guarantee that Metal face is a boss 100%, he is the first boss of a obscure second party Nintendo game, Ridley might not be Iconic but he has had a reputation for decades.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I understand but the point I'm making is that Ridley has been made to think he is a Stage boss. Both Yellow Devil and Metal face have been teased at the end of a newcomer trailer, and the former was revealed to be a Boss moths later. Its a guarantee that Metal face is a boss 100%, he is the first boss of a obscure second party Nintendo game, Ridley might not be Iconic but he has had a reputation for decades.
How is Ridley not iconic? Of course he's iconic. He's the second most important character in Metroid and we wouldn't HAVE the epic awesome intergalactic bounty hunter Samus Aran without Ridley. Just as much so as we wouldn't have DK running around as a hero without K. Rool first getting in DK's way and starting DK's journey as a gaming hero. Ridley is extremely iconic to Nintendo, maybe not as much as other Nintendo characters, but he's certainly way more iconic than half the characters already playable in Smash Bros.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm sorry, but when people say, "I don't think Ridley's in" but say "However I do want him playable", I'm implied your being double-standard. Or I'm I interpreting that wrong? That what your saying I shouldn't take at face value? Hmm, I wonder...

D

Deleted member

Eh, it's hard to know for sure. While he is almost certainly a stage boss, he could be something else.(Again, thin chance he will be something else, doesn't have to be a playable character.) Also, Ridley is pretty iconic amongst the gaming community.

Also, I think Cyberguy64 and Naglfarii should stop for now before it gets really ugly.(I don't want to see this thread get locked again.) No offense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
Well, gee. Maybe it's not about what you think you're doing so much as how it comes across?
I'm sure it'll surprise no one here when I say that's on you not me ;)

(Get it cus that was the core of the whole argument earlier)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

^Seriously? Two of us told you to knock it off and you still continue?(Take the non-ridley argument to the pms.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, but when people say, "I don't think Ridley's in" but say "However I do want him playable", I'm implied your being double-standard. Or I'm I interpreting that wrong? That what your saying I shouldn't take at face value? Hmm, I wonder...
It means that what I want and what I expect are two totally different things

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Who knows. But you're like the one thousandth person to point this out and obviously it's never convinced me before so idk why you're bothering. You and many others think it means something, I doubt it.

We'll find out soon enough. I'll actually be happy if Ridley is playable

And yeah the 8 colors are really cool I'm looking forward to seeing the colors for other characters
I don't know, I figured that if you hadn't realised the pattern that might explain the position you tend to take.

My question would be why you're bothering arguing a point that had been done here to death (and the group around here determined to be wrong, whether their position is right or wrong) if you yourself don't like people reiterating points to you?

Again, to be completely honest my only feelings about Ridley is that I think it would have been bizarrely cruel of Nintendo to have left this to fester for over an entire year only to make him a boss. I don't really care for him as a character, nor do I really rate Smash Bros. games on which characters are in. You could substitute the Nintendo theme for whatever and it would still be fun if it were made to the same standard elsewhere. The only point about the Ridley discussion here is that it would just such a strange thing to do to such a large support community. Building up discussion and making cheeky little references only makes sense with a payoff at the end.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
It means that what I want and what I expect are two totally different things
Well, you'll be pleasantly surprised then.

I really hope they go with Conceptley as the base, though. I really, really don't like Roidley.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
How is Ridley not iconic? Of course he's iconic. He's the second most important character in Metroid and we wouldn't HAVE the epic awesome intergalactic bounty hunter Samus Aran without Ridley. Just as much so as we wouldn't have DK running around as a hero without K. Rool first getting in DK's way and starting DK's journey as a gaming hero. Ridley is extremely iconic to Nintendo, maybe not as much as other Nintendo characters, but he's certainly way more iconic than half the characters already playable in Smash Bros.
True, but Ridleys fame seems to be from the Western audience like Little Mac as I been told.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, you'll be pleasantly surprised then.

I really hope they go with Conceptley as the base, though. I really, really don't like Roidley.
I'm more then confident that Ridley is designed closer to his Concept Art than his in-game model, as the model in the Direct seems to have the body structure of classic/concept Ridley.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
True, but Ridleys fame seems to be from the Western audience like Little Mac as I been told.
Popularity =/= iconic status. Even if Ridley was not popular and not requested at all, that doesn't make Ridley any less iconic.

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm.... And who ended up playable anyway?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'd live if Ridley wasn't in. I'd be very sad, I'd seriously question the competency of Nintendo's PR department, and I'd only get to make Retsupurae jokes on the Pyrosphere, but everything else more than makes up for it for me.

It's trolling and willful ignorance that grind my gears to this level of personal investment.... I'm gonna go to sleep now and not dig myself any deeper. Maybe I can salvage a little dignity.

Grimfrost

Smash Cadet
Why did he pick samus? Out of all characters he chose her. On a stage that we thought deconfirmed someone. Sneaky sakurai!

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Popularity =/= iconic status. Even if Ridley was not popular and not requested at all, that doesn't make Ridley any less iconic.
All of the more reason to be a playable character then, seeing how most of the newcomers (LittleMac, MegaMan, Pacman, and D.H. aside) were added out of sheer advertisement or bias.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to sleep too. I'd hope most of you get that I'm not trolling and I'm coming from a place of reason even if you don't agree with me

Also just real quick I do think every sm4sh newcomer who isn't a clone does deserve their spot, I've really liked them all personally

Last edited:

Grimfrost

Smash Cadet
The original leaker stated the pikmin suit aswel, another confirmation of ridley! It's my birthday the 6th of september, c'mon sakurai give me my dragon!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The original leaker stated the pikmin suit aswel, another confirmation of ridley! It's my birthday the 6th of september, c'mon sakurai give me my dragon!
The original leaker did not state anything about Ridley. Another potential leaker did which happened to coincide with the original, but it doesn't mean its legit or anything. Its definitely possible, though.

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
The last argument is in captivity. The thread is at peace... for now.
also a silver skinned green eyed Ridley alt would look awesome! I really hope that will be a thing.

Last edited:

PeterJude

Smash Ace
I'm going to sleep too. I'd hope most of you get that I'm not trolling and I'm coming from a place of reason even if you don't agree with me

Also just real quick I do think every sm4sh newcomer who isn't a clone does deserve their spot, I've really liked them all personally
To reasoning is weaker than the for argument, but it is an argument none the less.

Grimfrost

Smash Cadet
The original leaker did not state anything about Ridley. Another potential leaker did which happened to coincide with the original, but it doesn't mean its legit or anything. Its definitely possible, though.
The leaker stated 5 more will be in i don't know all 5 but ridley and impa were in it. Everything he said so far has been correct

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
Can someone find the leak which predicted the 8 alternate colors for every characters that was just confirmed by today's POTD ? (I'm sure there was one leak about that)
Is it a good sign for our friend Ridley ?

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044

...No Dark Pit? ;_; I get it, he's literally a clone, but...does no one except me know the true potential of his moveset?

But again, he's with the clones on the leak, so that isn't proving my point. :( I hate when people judge a character based on their face/personality value; think of Villager or R.O.B. back when they were still new to our minds in Smash.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The leaker stated 5 more will be in i don't know all 5 but ridley and impa were in it. Everything he said so far has been correct
As far as I'm aware, no leak has stated the remaining number of newcomers, all have stated "I don't know if there are any more." Frankly, I think its more likely we'd have six more, not five, because the bottom row doesn't seem to get extended at all in the leaked image compared to the starting right.

Can someone find the leak which predicted the 8 alternate colors for every characters that was just confirmed by today's POTD ? (I'm sure there was one leak about that)
Is it a good sign for our friend Ridley ?
http://i.imgur.com/EEMDHp8.jpg

This is the Ninka leak. It also briefly mentions a related leak that talks about Dixie Kong, Ridley, and Chorus Men, but doesn't say much overall. The thing is, there's nothing supporting that extra leak at all.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
...No Dark Pit? ;_; I get it, he's literally a clone, but...does no one except me know the true potential of his moveset?

But again, he's with the clones on the leak, so that isn't proving my point. :( I hate when people judge a character based on their face/personality value; think of Villager or R.O.B. back when they were still new to our minds in Smash.
I think if Sakurai can make :4mii: work (even though I knew they could, just not the way Sakurai did :awesome:), I'm sure Dark Pit wouldn't be a clone, at least not a direct clone.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Let us keep the leak talk to a bare minimum! Because, you know what happened when it escalated here before...

Man, the things I come across sometimes.

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
That's definetly a good thing for Ridley :D
I wonder what could be the 8 colors for Ridley
(And how the hell are they going to do 8 light colors and 8 dark colors for Pit and Dark Pit ???)

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
I wondered that too. I really would like to see how this will work out.
I was thinking that one of Dark Pit's alts would be this purple tunic. Another would be a bold dark red tunic that's in contrast to Pit's bright tunic with a few light red details.

That's actually an idea I have. Dark Pit can have darker contrast versions of Pit's alts. With something like Pit's yellow tunic alt, Dark Pit can have a Yellowish-black tunic with yellow details on his shoes, and dirty blonde hair...not sure where I got the hair idea. =/

Now knowing there are 8 different alts, I can't possibly think of what Ridley's other alts could be. Hopefully, we'll get an Other M Meta Ridley hybrid, and that should have more room for ideas.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Let us keep the leak talk to a bare minimum! Because, you know what happened when it escalated here before...

Man, the things I come across sometimes.

Funny because I made a similar post like that on miiverse a while back.
Dressing up as Link and Mario, and painting himself Orange like Charizard.

I hate to say it, but Ridley's schemes and tricks to sneak his way into the Smash Roster could be a pretty damn entertaining cartoon show.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Now that there are 8 costumes for everybody what do you think Ridley will get if hes in?
Obvious choices are

*Default: Purple w orange wings
Red: Super Metroid Artwork
Blue: Nes Artwork/Neo Ridley
Green: Kraid
Dark Green/Red: Zero Mission
Gray/Orange: Meta Ridley
Black: Dark Ridley (original)
*Purple/Pink: Other M

* = swap if Other M is the base form.

Edit: Added second green; *Insert Little Mexican Girl Meme here*

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Now that there are 8 costumes for everybody what do you think Ridley will get if hes in?
Obvious choices are

Black: Zero Mission
Black/Indigo: Dark Ridley (original)

Another possibility is Meta Ridley as an alt that contains its own recolors. Also, Green Ridley:

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Ridley

Don't need a Kraid recolor when Green Ridley is already available as an option. :D

BoxedCookies

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0875-8652
For Ridley's character model, I wouldn't be too bothered which one he has. After living in this thread, I've come to appreciate the Other M design. Would be nice to have a classic/meta Ridley alts though.

Obvious choices are

Black: Zero Mission
Black/Indigo: Dark Ridley (original)

This. I like the colour schemes.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Another possibility is Meta Ridley as an alt that contains its own recolors. Also, Green Ridley:

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Ridley

Don't need a Kraid recolor when Green Ridley is already available as an option. :D
I choose Kraids color since its a reptile themed green that would fit well with Ridley as well as a homage, not that I dont mind the other one as the artwork but the sprites make it look like a brownish texture.

Top Bottom